Nintendo only plans to sell 20m Switches this FY

>OSAKA -- Nintendo expects to sell only about 20 million Switch game consoles in the current fiscal year, a 10% decrease from fiscal 2021, despite strong demand, Nikkei has learned, as a semiconductor shortage and disruptions to logistics networks hamper production.

>The figure is a 30% decrease from fiscal year 2020, when sales of the Switch hit a peak at 28.83 million units.

>The number of Switches sold in fiscal 2021 is estimated at 23 million units, a 20% decrease from the previous year. That fiscal year, Nintendo initially planned to produce a record 30 million of the consoles, but the global chip shortage made it difficult to procure microcontrollers and other products, and the company lowered its production forecast in the fall.

asia.nikkei.com/Business/Electronics/Nintendo-expects-10-fewer-Switch-sales-due-to-supply-chain-woes

OH NONONONONO

Attached: ohnononon.png (1468x1274, 1.47M)

Other urls found in this thread:

neogaf.com/threads/kimishima-thinks-the-switch-has-the-potential-to-reach-wii-like-sales.1340069/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Nintendo only plans to sell 20m Switches this FY
Isn't that still a ton of units?

Compared to the Wii and most modern consoles yeah, especially for its 6th year

Attached: 1646567686672.png (765x391, 13.2K)

Well, they sold over 100m units since 2017. So...yeah.

>seems everyone already owns a switch
>hmm, might not sell as many this year

It's more than either of the other manufacturers have managed to sell in 2 years on the market with their latest hardware, so yes in general and yes in the recent circumstances. They've had to cut projections due to the shortage before and they seem to anticipate an even greater strain this year. We'll see if they find a solution as the year goes on.

>Nintendo affected by chip shortage and expects to sell less Switches by 10% this year
But I thought the Switch 2 Bloomberg and Twitter insiders have secret cheap facilities to help Sony and Nintendo produce PS5 Pro and Switch 2? Or maybe the real world is different then tranny insider takes.

No other system in history sold 20M in it's 6th year. DS did 17.5M in 2009.
PS4 did 20M only once in it's absolute peak year.
Switch doing 20M in 2022 would be insane an put it at 125M total in April 2023

Oh, yeah. And they're suggesting that if not for shortages it would sell even more.

The fact they've sold 109M already and it's STILL selling 20M+ every year is incredible, Nintendo has absolutely wiped the floor with all of their competition. Switch is going to outsell PS4's lifetime sales by the end of the year despite being on the market only half as long, it left Xbox One in the dust ages ago, and the new consoles can't even put a dent in it. I figured they would bounce back after Wii U fell flat on its face but not this much, damn.

WHAT THE FUCK IS CAUSING THE CHIP SHORTAGE?!?!

The article talks about Switch sales. There's zero mention of Switch 2 production numbers

>No GTA
>No CoD
>No Battlefield
>No Spider-Man
>No Elden Ring
>Every game runs like total shit
>No Final Fantasy
>No Cyberpunk 2077
>No proper Star Wars game
>No Persona

Honestly what the fuck are people buying it for?

Demand.
It's not a shortage in a "we're producing less chips" way.
It's a shortage in a "we're producing more chips than ever before and it's still not enough" way.
The only way to solve it is to build more factories and that will take years

>due to supply chain woes
I'm tired of this cope
It's not okay when sony does it
It's not okay when M$ does it
And it's not okay when nintendo does it

no one wants to be a sailor anymore

I mean it's very appealing in that it's both Nintendo handheld games and console games in one bundle

Actually good games.

the only game on that list that I actually moan to not e on Nintendo is ER, everything else is thrash, especially westoid thrash.

This is it, Xbox xisters. Our moment. It's time to crush these Snoy chuds and Nintendies.

>worst animal crossing ever made
>worst pokemon ever made
>worst smash ever made
>worst metroid made
Again, what the fuck are people buying it for?

>I figured they would bounce back after Wii U fell flat on its face but not this much, damn.
Tell me about it.
We had few
>predict the sales
before the console was out, and my prediction was 50m in its lifetime because I had the feeling it would sell well. But this...

We are talking about the Switch, not the Gamecube.

>No Final Fantasy
Which one? XIV?
lol
>No Elden Ring
True,
>No Spider-Man
Now you're just baiting for (You)

Nintendo made so much money they should make their online games free with a one time purchase

You forgot to shitpost about BotW and Mario Odyssey.

neogaf.com/threads/kimishima-thinks-the-switch-has-the-potential-to-reach-wii-like-sales.1340069/

Go find a random post and bring it back, anons!

>Has Mr. Kimashima recently suffered a blow to the head? Maybe from a fall? Anyway...

>Lightning isn't striking twice. Wanna believe that Switch outsells WiiU? I'll buy that, despite the bar being ridiculously low. But Wii? Come the fuck on. Launching mid-generation against two comparatively-priced and well-established consoles in the primes of their lifespans isn't the same as launching against a $600 PlayStation 3 and a still-expensive Xbox 360. The competition is a lot more fierce this time around, with both companies ready to drop pricing if Nintendo begins to pose any kind of threat.

>Baby steps, Mr. Kimashima. Let's start with selling more than the WiiU and showing that the Switch is a legitimate contender. Then you can set your sights higher.

you couldnt make a more normie list if you could zoomie.
Do you realize people can own multiple systems?
Sony and Xbox has no Mario, no zelda, no Metroid. What id your point?

>worst animal crossing ever made
That's on the Wii u and it's called Amibo festival
>worst pokemon ever made
Doesnt have x and y
>worst smash ever made
No more people hate brawl then any other entry
>worst metroid made
Most Metro fans consider Dread a return to form so

>>No GTA
>>No CoD
>>No Battlefield
>>>>>>>No Cyberpunk 2077
is this bait

>no gta
>no cod
>no bf
>no cyberpunk

I bet you play fifa too

Attached: 1641319945662.jpg (236x236, 10.01K)

This guy sure was off the mark. Instead of the Wii, he should've mentioned the PS2.

Attached: Tatsumi-Kimishima.jpg (1024x576, 129.86K)

Fuck you, melee and prime are both GOTYAYs. WW and that pokemon stadium game are shit though, that I can agree with.

>Demand had completely eclipse supply
>Now facing supply issues
>People still believe Nintendo should release a Switch Pro/2

>Even if the Switch has the exact same drop off after 2021 as the Wii did after 2009 it'll still almost definitely outsell the PS2

You're assuming that most people are buying a Switch as their sole gaming device, a lot of Switch owners also have a PC or a PS4. And it has plenty of great games, they're just not the same type of games as PS4/XBO because it's a handheld. That's like getting upset because GBA sold better than Gamecube.

I may buy one at the end of the year depending what console DQXII is on, May 28 is DQday in Japan, when Horii received some award last month he stated that news about DQXII will come soon.
That shit alone could push switch sales in Japan not to mention Pokemon at the end of the year and BoTW2 early next year, so i can see Nintendo reaching 20M switch in the next week from school year.

Attached: EJ5cod5WkAEiNIH.jpg (2048x2032, 1004.65K)

>depending what console DQXII is on
It will 100% get a Switch release.

If it kept up momentum for 3 years yes, it would surpass the PS2. I wonder if Nintendo are ballsy enough to just go for the crown and launch an ultra cheap $99 Switch model, that thing would sell completely ridiculous numbers.

>People still believe Nintendo should release a Switch Pro/2
From the Nvidia leak we know a new model is in final stages of development.
It's not like Nintendo can postpone their contracts for buying parts, manufacturing and shipping they made years ago.

Yes, it would be the 3rd best selling system behind the DS and PS2 by the end of the year. More importantly, it'll outsell the PS4.

Smash Bros Ultimate isn't Brawl
Animal Crossing New Horizons isn't City Life
Pokemon Sword and Shield is the worst pokemon
Metroid Dread isn't Metroid 2, or Metroid Other M, it's literally the second best tie with Zero Mission.

Definitely not Switch, maybe Switch 2 but I'd still peg Playstation as the leading platform.

I cant see them doing it. Their a console maker first and losing money isn't something they can safely do due to not having a parent company involved in other stuff.
>city life
Am I the only one who remembers Amibo festival?

>so i can see Nintendo reaching 20M switch by the next fiscal year.
Fixed.
You bet it will.
DQXoffline has way more pre-orders in the switch than PS4, like switch ver is at number 9 and PS4 is like 20 or some shit.

Oh no the best selling console will sell slightly less. Thats like .3% less lifetime mario kart sales!

Nah, it will compatible with Switch2 but there's no way in hell they are going to skip the Switch.

The only thing they care about is money, they'll keep overcharging their cheap plastic "console" to the last dollar

Yep, unlike Sony and their premium metal consoles. THAT'S where the REAL gamers are.

you're a fool to have any type of faith in nu-square enix that have been making bad decisions for over a decade now. I would absolutely not be surprised if it skipped the switch & flopped.

Horii has more of a say when it comes to DQ than Square Enix does.

Nvidia can force Nintendo to adopt a new APU by ending production of the one the Switch uses.

Maybe not $99 but they could launch a much cheaper one just to score more sales, Nintendo software sells ridiculous numbers, there's money to be made by releasing an end of gen model with a stupidly low price, it's really just an issue of how cheap can they make it, they were able to sell Gamecubes at a $99 price point, although at a loss of like a few dollars, even then 1 budget third party title would make up the difference.

They released a 3DS version for DQ11, which ended up being a top seller. It helps that Horii has complete control over the franchise, he's the wrangler that keeps square's tards at bay.

>No GTA
So?
>No CoD
There's a million ways to play this shit. The Switch doesn't need it.
>No Battlefield
This is garbage.
>No Elden Ring
Yeah, it would be a fun addition for the Switch. At least the Deck and Moonlight provide portable optiond for this game.
>Every game runs like total shit
This is an exaggeration.
>No Final Fantasy
FF hasn't been good since the PS2 era. Nobody cares about XV and the VII Remake. Even XVI was met with little hype.
>No Cyberpunk 2077
Your tastes in games is shit.
The Switch alread has KOTR and the Kyle Katarn games. The EA Star Wars games are fucking awful. So again, your tastes in games are shit.
>No Persona
Persona is overrated. The dungeons and overworld areas are fucking corridors. Social Links/Confidants do nothing but fellate the player. Party members are standard anime tropes. And the Switch already has games like Xenoblade, Fire Emblem, SMTV, Triangle Strategy and the upcoming Live A Live remake that aren't on other systems. It's a JRPG machine in its own right. In fact, the only exclusive JRPG the PS4 has at this point is Persona 5 Royal whereas the Switch has several.

Why would you buy a console with no games to go with it? At most I could see a price drop for the lite to the point where it breaks even or is only a slight profit, which would sway people to buy it who thought the current price for the switch lite is too much.

>oh no, the Switch will only sell the 153% of what the PS4 did in its 6th year, Nintendo is doomed!

The absolute state of sony biased gaming journalism. Instead of highlighting how the Switch will have the biggest 6th year of a console ever, they post some FUD.

Attached: 1528285994668.jpg (662x602, 85.97K)

Depends on what the developers want for the next game, Switch 2 /PS4/PS5 sounds reasonable, they are going to have to keep making serious cuts using Unreal on Switch.

>"due to the supply chain"
Are you sure it's because no one wants a. 7 year old Fisher price tablet with 15 year old hardware and you're not at the stage of grief yet where you can admit it? Shitches rot on the shelves and in the backrooms and warehouses of every major store.

You're only right about Pokemon. Even so, Scarlet/Violet will be way better than SWSH by virtue of being "Legends Arceus but with gyms and more trainer battles."

>hoped the switch's smartphone-tier hardware would force epic to optimize their bloated engine
>they hasten the development of switch 2 instead
I hate that chink company so much

it's funny because Switch OLED is made out of metal

>hasten development
It's been 5 years already, and the tech to power it is available starting this year.

>by virtue of being "Legends Arceus but with gyms and more trainer battles."
This is some harcore pokefag cope. Back to /vp/ you go.

Is that why DQ11 was originally PS4 exclusive?

>ps4's 6th fiscal year: 13.5m
>switch's 6th fiscal year: 20m

Attached: 1557940550595.png (207x196, 76.04K)

I don't give a fuck about Sony or Microsoft but both their consoles are 15 years ahead of the switch specwise.

Nintendo was known of their build quality and the Switch is a cheap chinese-like plastic toy built with the cheapest components on the market, this is a fact.

>Playstation as the leading platform
Devs should stop doing this. It's not 2013. It's not 2001. Given how quickly consumers were willing to jump ship from PS4 to Xbox/Switch/PC as soon as they became viable remember in 2013 Playstation had nothing other than saying we're not Xbox it's evident that not everyone wants to play on Playstation and a huge chunk of gamers want to AVOID Playstation.

user, I don't think selling 20 million is in "no one wants" territory.
Especially when PS only hit that number twice in 27 years.

Wow OLED

kek