FF16

>Yoshi-P: it's so close to release *gets delayed by another year*
>Yoshi-P: news soon *no news an entire year*

What exactly went wrong here?

Attached: FF16-Development-Update-Nearly-Complete.jpg (1454x727, 123.13K)

It's in the development hell
YoshiP failed

He just stated the game is in the final stretch of development

Why does it feel so GOT and witcher inspired?

It's because they still have production issues with the PS5 due to chip shortage and there simply aren't enough PS5s in circulation for such a massive game to make a profit. It's being delayed until they sell more PS5s and PS5s stop being so expensive.

Because Witcher and GoT all came out after FF and were FF inspired. Only zoomers think FF is sci-fi. FF was always medieval magic shit. Ever play FF6? I highly recommend it. FF4 and 5 are amazing too.

>we've only shown you 11 seconds of gameplay, but we swear it's almost done

Attached: Genius.png (640x853, 1.22M)

l m a o

If FF4, 5 and 6 had been made with modern graphics instead of SNES graphics, nobody would be saying FF16 is copying Witcher of Thrones. FF is just returning to its roots after the more modern/sci-fi FF13 and 15.

There is no proof this game exists.

I don't think either authors of the witcher or GOT played a FF ever

No really, can you imagine FF6's story but with modern graphics? It'd probably have very similar aesthetics.

FF was very generic 80s fantasy in many ways but moved away from it with FF7

The point is that FF was medieval/dragon/monster/magic/castles and knights shit way before the Song of Ice and Fire books (GoT) even released. The thing is that video games were just stuck in ancient graphics back then. If the older FF games had been made with PS5 graphics, nobody would be saying that FF16 is copying anything but the early FF games, especially 5 and 6

that was one and a half years ago, Yoshida has never said something and didn't deliver

Which is why many people associate FF with "sci-fi fantasy" like in FF7, FF8, FF13 and FF15.

>Yoshida has never said something and didn't deliver
>"We will show more in 2021"
>nothing

>generic 80s fantasy
>moved away from it with FF7
You never played FF6? FF4 was arguably the FF which introduced more fleshed out characters and plotting to the series but it was FF6 that went above and beyond and actually subverted a lot established tropes of the genre in meaningful ways and even dared to handle topics such as suicide, loss and well there is the whole aspect of the villain actually succeeding in destroying the whole world. FF7 did nothing really to push the series forward, except that it placed FF into a more modern/sci-fi hybrid setting. Everything else was already done in FF4 or FF6. The reason people praise 7 so highly is because it was the first one that got a real marketing push and because it was on the PS1 so people felt like it was "more mature" when in fact FF6 is in many ways more mature than most FFs in its subject handling.

Magitek started in VI retard

He said we'd get new info in 2021, and we got new info late 2021, that voice recording was done, and that they needed more time to work on the game. And now we know the game is in the final stage of development

What do you want ? Nothingburger trailers every 2 months ?

>more news is a delay
lmao this is so sad.

I wasn't talking about tropes just the setting. FF6 takes place in a somewhat typical fantasy setting despite its story

>Yoshida confirmed that the team will be offering further news on FFXVI very soon though. In the statement, “spring of 2022” is the new planned release date for more information on the new mainline Final Fantasy.
>halfway into 2022
*crickets*

>believing lying yoshida
haha

>ff6
>medieval magic shit
Maybe you should actually play it

Spring doesn't end until June 21st, literally the same shit that happened with endwalker releasing in "fall 2021"

spring ends in june

>Japanese spring starts from March and ends on May
Cope.

Endwalker was delayed

And FF16 is returning us to this typical fantasy setting that GoT and Witcher also make use of but was already in use in early FFs

Maybe you should. Go ahead. I replay it every 2 years (with the original graphics, not those shitty phone graphics)

>Endwalker releasing in Fall 2021
>releases in December
kek

Attached: 1634568782702.jpg (480x360, 101.85K)

>fall ends December 21st
Yes?

Sounds like we wont get shonen shit (good)

>Right now the development of FF16 is in its final stage. As a single player game, we are aiming to integrate story and gameplay even further. Different to a game where many people play online at the same time, the extent to which the game has an individual focus changes how immersed you are in the story. I think it’s become a story with quite a lot of depth. To people who have grown up, entered working society and think “reality isn’t as easy-going as a video game”, and at some point ended up separating from Final Fantasy, we want to want them to remember their passion from back then. We’re making the game with that intention.

yoshida is a fucking hack and ff16 is already his own versus XIII
>starred development in 2016
>""""""almost finished"""""""" in 2022
why does it always take these incompetent niggers a decade to ship a game lmao

the fact they showed so much on reveal and then 0 after makes me think it was all bullshots and im expecting massive downgrades (even tho it looked kinda shit to begin with lmao). reminds me of that snazzy ff15 rereveal

I think delays for any game in development during covid should be expected and accepted

why was the update even in some random clothing store pamphlet and not a major press kit story. what the fuck are they playing at

Well he manages to put out a new FF14 expansion every 2 years. The only time a delay happened was during Covid (so it ended up being 2 1/2 years instead). The problem with new singleplayer FFs is that they need to create a whole world from scratch in a new engine. That shit's got expensive and time consuming these days.

>I think it’s become a story with quite a lot of depth. To people who have grown up, entered working society and think “reality isn’t as easy-going as a video game”, and at some point ended up separating from Final Fantasy, we want to want them to remember their passion from back then. We’re making the game with that intention.
Sounds cringe.

Sounds like you never grew up and got a job

Okay, NPC. Don't forget to file your taxes.

tax deadline passed unless you filed an extension then you have until October

they ran a commercial for ff7remake in japan doing this exact thing, trying to appeal to jap adults who played the original and get them back to play the remake.
this isn't new but yoshidrones think its something revolutionary.

Covid is the laziest excuse ever. I haven't missed a day of work in the last 2 years, and these people can't sit at a computer and do work because there's a flu going around?

>*gets delayed by another year*
Stop making up stuff out of thin air

I trust yoshi-Piss to deliver a great game

being a neet isn't a job

Based not a genius single handedly saving square enix

>saving square enix
It's better off dead.

It's not going anywhere whether yship saves it some face or not

I like generic fantasy

do you expect a country that uses windows XP, faxes, and pagers to properly set up out of work development in a timely fashion?

The problem was mainly the generic 3D asset work outsourced to South-East Asian studios. Those studios were completely unprepared for Covid and either couldn't deliver the assets in time or went under altogether, forcing SE to restart development of those assets in-house from scratch altogether.

Got hyped by BOTW sequel, got hyped by FF16.
Why does it have to end like this ?

>What exactly went wrong here?
Nothing yet. Still 8 years away from announcement from becoming another XV, KH3 or 7R

>Still 8 years away
>14 years in development
what a shame

they're delaying it to shoehorn in a fucked up abs having, irrelevant to story, pointless nobody as the player controlled character

Correct. Its also already 5 times the game XV was

Holy fucking shit I don't think I've ever seen more delusional people than ff6-fags in my entire life

>The reason people praise 7 so highly is because it was the first one that got a real marketing
No, the reason people praise 7 so highly is because it was objectively orders of magnitude better than anything that came before in nearly every regard.

>even dared to handle topics such as suicide
Lmao, showing 1 girl dropping herself off a cliff for no reason

>FF7 did nothing really to push the series forward
Except for introducing 3D graphics.
And for having an actually fleshed out world that was something more than just the same 3 almost identical house models endlessly repeated over and over.
And for having actually good characters instead of walking 1-dimensional stereotypes (Cloud alone is 10 times better developed than the entire cast of 6 put together).
And for having an actual story with actually well made plot twists.

>when in fact FF6 is in many ways more mature than most FFs in its subject handling.
This must be some kind of huge internet joke, I refuse to believe people like you are real.
DRAGONBALL and NARUTO are unironically more mature than anything in ff6, and I'm not joking. Kefka is a LITERAL Dragonball villain