>Shoehorn in Vampire the Masquerade lore
>Give it almost no content

Honestly I can't work out why it's so much fun

Attached: file.png (616x353, 420.37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=U9ZuSde3ye0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>>Release a battle royale five years too late
What do you mean? Battle Royales are more popular than ever. They're the only kind of MP people really care about. That's why Microsoft are working on a Halo BR right now.
>Shoehorn in Vampire the Masquerade lore
How is it "shoehorned" in compared to something like Turok Rage Wars or Unreal Tournament?
>Give it almost no content
???

Good shooting
Good abilities
Good flavour
Good movement
Good map
Good mechanics
Nothing pozzed

whats with all the bloodhunt posting out of nowhere didnt this come out months ago? i tried it and it was okay i guess but i dont really like TPS and my 1030 cant really run it

Attached: 1230234034502.jpg (552x414, 43.99K)

>Nothing pozzed
It's kind of amusing how thin the "body type" veneer in this game is, though. Male and female characters look nothing alike.

But user, the players are the content.

came out 27th of april

It's fun because there isn't any tailoring to casual gameplay except MAYBE the respawn mechanic which will not be present in ranked mode when it comes out. You either get good or get the fuck out.

I'm loving this game and hold strong in the top 100 leaderboards atm. They also need to get the rights to use Rayne as a character

Attached: ETmO_v_WoAA5aL7.jpg (800x1174, 78.35K)

Those were the closed/semi-closed betas. The full version came out on the 27th.

Fucking finally got a solo win after like 9 hours.
It took rushing 4 melee upgrades and must smacking fuckers with a bat over and over but I did it.
I like the respawning but maybe don't start players with a life for free in ranked. Having to earn an extra life might cause more ground action early on instead of just rooftop snipers.

Anyone else love baiting fuckers into breaking masquerade?
Oh no, you shot a few times near a human, I took 40 hp and you're now a red kill me outline, fucker.

you'll get there king, close range combat is the way

Attached: bloodhunt stat.png (968x860, 150.64K)

>How is it "shoehorned" in compared to something like Turok Rage Wars or Unreal Tournament?

VtM is a setting all about hiding what you are and doing things in the shadows. They're using it as an open warfare battle royale game. Shit makes zero sense.

>so few diableries
Damn, what class do you play? I've been doing the one they added for full release with the damage shield and charge.

I still can't work out what the best class is. At first I thought it was one of the nosferatu but once you know what to look for their invisibility is basically useless and their escape sucks.

Right now I'm inclined towards the flashbang toreador.

Enforcer because it's fucking giga busted.
>find shotgun or SMG
>push into there face
>win
It's retarded how good it is

I feel like the enforcer is pretty strong. Especially when kitted out with a shotgun or good melee. The passive makes it easier to aim at people and keep them in melee and you get a straight up invincibility to either reset, run away, or just use to line up a 100 damage shotgun blast.

They're also the only class capable of turning off and preventing the others from using their abilities so if you can get the drop on them with the charge they're dead in the water.

Read up on more VtM lore because it's clear you don't know what's happening in this game.

I have no idea what V5 did but I bet it's retarded

I've not had much trouble killing people playing as them.

Stealth Nosferatu is good in the early game when there are still plenty of dummies running around for you to pick off, and in the late game if you can litter the last patch of space with traps. Its midgame sucks, especially if you can't secure good weapons, but it's still my favorite because I like being a rooftop sniper.
Flashbang Toreador is a good all-rounder. Ventrue and the stomping Brujah are good for aggressive plays, with the former being better at sustained gunfights and the latter is better at ambushes.
Other Brujah and Nosferatu variants are poop. The other Toreador may be good in a trio, I dunno, no friends.

Honestly that might be because crossplay flooded the game with retarded 9 year olds on ps5. If an enforcer can get close to you and that's really not that hard with how much cover and crazy movement there is then they have such a huge advantage with a burst weapon like shotguns.

The best way I find to fight them as other classes is either blinding them with toreador or pushing them away with the bruja shield wave thing.

They really need to have something in the pipeline to keep people's interest as I think it's going to end up dying pretty quickly.

It's only on ps5 so they probably got a Sony exclusivity payday from it. Surprised they didn't try for epic games too.

oh i hadn't actually realised, but most of the people i play against are ps5

I'm honestly surprised how hard it kicked off with the full release. I expected a few hundred players at most but day one it had around 7,000 on steam alone and right now it has 15,000 with the all time peak being in the last 24 hours at 23,571. I don't believe any of this counts ps5 players either. They have a lot of steam for a new battle royale and I really, REALLY hope they can carry it.

So that's why I never see Xbox players. Bizarre. I like having crossplay though as they're shitters and can't compete with KB&M.

Yeah, if they play their cards right they could potentially make it quite big. The core gameplay is fun unlike a lot of BRs I've seen in the last couple of years. It plays like more like a twitchy arena shooter and the revive mechanic makes for some fun moments.

>Drop a mine as Nosferatu right before I get killed
>Guy comes to diablerise me
>I crawl over to the mine
>It triggers and he gets downed while trying to diablerise
>I follow crawl after him for twenty or so seconds, then stand up and diablerise him

Honestly one of the most satisfying moments I've had in a multiplayer game in ages.

Attached: nosferatu.jpg (344x344, 42.84K)

Nosferatu scum can eat shit

Attached: Bloodhunt.webm (1920x1080, 510.7K)

I retract what I said about the lore not making sense. The narrative trailer actually explains it pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=U9ZuSde3ye0

>He says, playing an ezmode clan and hiding behind a wall like a coward

I'd like if there was a mode where you respawn as a vampire hunter on death, and if you score a kill on one you get a revive as a vampire when you die after that

Game is neat but why did they this feels like a waste of talent for a game that's probably gonna be dead in a couple months, why aren't these guys making Bloodlines 2?

Attached: 1609038473981.jpg (677x678, 180.5K)

why would you want shootan devs on RPGs?

The game probably started development when they thought bloodlines 2 wasn't going to be a terrible clusterfuck

Bloodlines 2 was supposed to release by now, so this was supposed to be a stand alone multi-player experience in lieu of a multi-player for THAT game.
Then it entered development hell and multiple rewrites.

Similar thing happened to Nosgoth, ANOTHER f2p vampire game based on a story heavy game. People wanted a new Legacy of Kain game, and while Nosgoth was real fun, because legacy of kain dead sun was cancelled right before, people got mad and blamed nosgoth.

I'm still in shock at the whole idea of a WoD battle royale. Game does look mechanically fun though and you can pretty much ignore the fact that it's VtM. Kinda like Nosgoth. I liked Nosgoth.

Yeah making a bigger deal of the hunter mechanic would be interesting.

So in the lore the hunters have burned a church to cause the vampires to turn on each other to make it easier to wipe them out. It's a bit silly but it at least sort of makes sense. Plus it goes along with V5's obsession with the second inquisition.

Also cyberpunk templars will never not be cool.

>nos isn't ez mode
"xd teleports behind you" nos is literally a clan for camping like a bitch

In an interview one of the head devs literally said Bloodhunt was never intended to release before Bloodlines 2

>why would you want shootan devs on RPGs?

Because Bloodlines is an ARPG with shootan and the footage they showed had terrible shootan.

That's pretty much a case of git gud, their invisibility lasts almost no time and they tend to be easy to predict.

VTMBL2 has had multiple release dates and delays. I'm not saying it was paired up, but that bloodlines 2 didn't need multi-player because they already had this in the works.

Attached: Screenshot_20220501-084059_Firefox.jpg (1600x455, 193.15K)

>narrative trailer
>for a grindy battle royale
be honest, how much of the game is even somewhat close to what they show in the trailer?

POST YOU'RE TOONS RIGHT NOW

Attached: Aaliyah RP.png (2560x1080, 2.5M)

How do you have so much gear, I've been grinding since release and bought the battle pass and still have fuck all

It's a cinematic narrative trailer but in-game has a fuck ton of quests and lore to discover/read about. Genuinely it has a gigantic amount of lore you can slowly unlock and read

A lot of the combat abilities and executions are right. But the vampire hunters are basically mindless npcs that can lose track of you easily when downed, and there's no real depth to melee like the vamp catching the bat near the end (might as well be a gun with a range of 3 feet)

>ugly strong wyman game with flat chest number 3243
no thanks

I get 1st place a lot and I average like 18 kills a game. I've been playing this shit non-stop I love it.

Absolutely kill yourself faggot

>original game is fun immersive rpg
>release a trend chasing battle royale as part of the series
Oh fuck off into space

I think one of the best aspects of the game is that it really does encourage you to go for kills and aggressive play. The fact you have a respawn helps with that, and the fact you can revive. It makes for some more interesting plays.

See

this is probably all they could salvage from the game

>18 kills a game. I've been playing this shit non-stop I love it.

I'm lucky if I get two kills per game and get a 1:1 k/d ratio. I wish I wasn't so bad at this game. I still love it though.

I don't give a fuck. Battle royales are fucking cancer.

I don't think I would play this if I wasn't a sucker for VtM.

>Can't play as Vampire Hunter
WTF?!

Attached: DEUS VULT department.gif (400x225, 3.07M)

what a pathetic thread. lol at the retard shilling this

One of the biggest problems of V5 is that it makes the hunters seem much more appealing than the vampires.

What's this? Please tell me it's good.

It's the trailer for Bloodhunt
The CHAD Vampire Hunter shows up in the end to spread the gospel

Attached: THE LORD IS OUR SAVIOUR.jpg (1870x1079, 501.88K)

Be aggressive. Don't play back, push peoples shit in because the aggressor has the advantage.

Attached: ooye.png (2560x1080, 838.19K)

Why. Why do they make this hunter look so cool? I barely ever interact with the hunters in game.

it's a tps, it's casual by default