With modern technology how would one go about making the best medieval armor possible?

is it possible inspiring from RPGs design using the best materials and manufacturing engineering to make it both tensile and durable?

Attached: 2913d582c8f2b475d56b3b2fd270b9ff.jpg (540x783, 102.79K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Interesting question but police armors would probably be more effective anyway

modern anti knife vests?

vs a big sword or a bullet? hmm...

rpg armor are overdesigned, edgy and pretty gay. If you must die do it in a mans armor

Just wear a thick woolen coat and no sword can cut you lel

>overdesigned and edgy reeee
you are the only gay here

Attached: des.jpg (735x658, 84.31K)

looks straight out of a happy meal

The best possible armour would just be full renascence plate made with modern steel. The degree of articulation in some armour sets are nothing short of masterwork and we could not do better today.

Attached: main-qimg-63419295a28ec1f9a2dc6a543496b650.jpg (928x1354, 182.52K)

Carbon fiber and Kevlar. Undersuit padded Kevlar with Carbon fiber plating on top like a knight's armor. Helmet can use modern optics to be fully enclosed with a VR-like screen inside offering augmented reality options.

Probably something like this

Attached: gvhbjn.png (499x698, 609.23K)

Why do liberals not understand the concept of armour coverage?

I would actually like a game/universe/IP with a similar lore and maybe single or coop ARPG mechanics
A post globalism apocalyptic world but instead of the typical wastelands it's simply a world where communications and connections are rendered impossible and society went back to smaller and mostly self sufficient states. The cause for the downfall also bringing species/mutations that are mid and large creatures/monsters that are invulnerable to bullets but can be killed with melee weapons made of a rare mineral their skin is made of. But the game has also rival Nations/factions and bandits so it plays like an hunter game or a tps movement shooter.
Ideally, the world isn't just real world but post apocalyptic, but rather have its own lore and being largely based around Europear countries in the 19th Century with 20th Century tech as archetypes, so fortified towns/outpost would look aesthetically like fantasy towns
Would be cool

because in their entire lives they have never been in a fight with anyone, let alone being in the army or navy

Good fucking luck moving plus you'll get knocked down easily

8/10 almost got me

>good luck moving
holy mother of bait replies

Liberal detected.
youtube.com/watch?v=qzTwBQniLSc
Knights in full plate with a backpack full of sand would be more agile then your fat ass.

>Put full plates armor
>Machine gun sprays on you
>Can't easily cover and are slow as hell
>The impacts knock you over and damage your internal organs
BRAVO

Americans are physically unable to stop thinking about mcdonalds

You're stupid.

Can you cool it with the indiscriminate liberal bashing, it makes you look weird

If you want to design armor designed for medeval weaponry sure, taking late medieval deaigns and implimenting modern liight steels and tensile foams to absorb impacts would great, but designing armor for both bullets and blades? Two totally different dynamics, theres a reason why over the span of like 100 years you european armies go from full plate armor from head to toe, down to just cloth regalia uniforms like a switch. Shit just isnt feasible.

No I can't.

Trump lost btw

I am not an amerifat.

Not gonna lie, ya almost got me. Not giving ya your /¥ou/

Nigger what machine gun fire would just turn you into a pincushion in plate armor.

Third worldies are incapable of not thinking about Americans

You are a big fat stinky overweight pig american!

Why would Americans think about themselves?

kek

America is antichrist.

The ultimate bait.

Kinda a weird question. Armor is largely a response to weaponry, but if modern weapons vastly outstrip the use or practicality of ancient ones, that won't happen. If people came at you with swords the response would be to respond with M16s, not to develop carbon fiber plate mail and pump billions of dollars into making graphene feasible.
For what it's worth though, a lot of armor developed to protect against modern weapons are essentially invulnerable to ancient weapons. There's fuck all a knight could do to someone in an advanced bomb suit, 'ABS'.

Well except push the ABS user over and get a knife in a joint. ABS was not made with actual combat in mind even if it does make someone as invulnerable as we can reasonably get them.
As for the question itself, I don't know, Firearms are not banned by aliens in orbit of earth. You are only allowed crossbows at best. Does that help you envision things better?

samurai crusader

Attached: 1628001908302.png (1230x1080, 1.31M)

depends on the purpose, a full plate armour with gambison made from synthetic material, i guess?

Attached: Mariya_shidou_vector_by_kaguizumi-d54ue4m.png (173x499, 87.82K)

If it's purely for aesthetics, a medieval design can be slapped over modern day body armor and anyone trying to stab you would be gunned down. If you're willing to play with the rules of the world, like nerfing guns, you can get more options. Maybe the setting demands gunpowder be substituted for a weaker, but more readily available material like Dishonored's use of whale oil for their guns.

Attached: mike-franchina-trench-pilgrim.jpg (1920x2413, 736.91K)

So Horizon Zero Dawn?

armour is made for specific purposes in mind.
say the government tries mass-producing armour for soldiers after a zombie outbreak or something. they would probably go for synthetic armour covering the whole body and plastic plates around the torso for extra protection, as that is enough protection against biting.
if companies started making armour for a deathmatch tournament or something, they would probably go full plate made with expensive material to protect athletes as much as possible.

Attached: 1651399888439.jpg (700x990, 118.31K)

Fair fair.

These are pretty cool

Attached: 155794608915.jpg (408x439, 58.89K)

Have another

Attached: VX9iLfFf9AHY5JuqU9vctp3YYErw-ixmNUTC7XlDVv8.jpg (1920x2396, 654.04K)

What joints? A real bomb suit is basically a massive jumpsuit, they're designed to not have any gaps. Anyways, the point is that modern armor is still going to trump ancient armor, even when it's not built for ancient battlegrounds.
A guy in an ABS with a crossbow is going to absolutely fucking destroy a knight with full plate mail (even if you give that knight an M4) because materials have rapidly outpaced design patterns in terms of defense. Kevlar, ceramics like boron carbide, and polycarbonate glass, will forever outstrip the usefulness of chainmail in any situation.
If you're workshopping a fantasy setting, I think your best angle of attack would be to come at things from a logistical point of view. Bomb disposal gear is about as close to invulnerability as we can engineer, but those suits are also incredibly expensive to produce and you'll never be able to outfit whole armies with them. You could probably mass-produce something like a 'Kevlar gambesons' on the cheap, but it wouldn't look much different than modern vests and fatigues.

don't fix what ain't broke, inshallah

Attached: chainmail.png (500x691, 188.27K)

There was this mad lad here who made a suit to survive a grizzly bear attack, Im pretty sure he's still making new suits too.

Attached: Project_Grizzly_(film).jpg (220x381, 32.6K)

Okay but what If I just avoid grizzly bears?

retard bait

the point of the thread wasn't to avoid threats it was to overdesign armor with modern materials

sandnigger

I don't know Horizon lore
What I thought was of aesthetics mirroring heavily modern version of RPG knight armor for the protagonist(s), meant to hold off claws and attacks from huge creatures, yet les suited against bullets from human enemies, which explains why both can be a threat.
It also would lack sci-fi, the world having its own timeline to get a different aesthetic, neither the world wouldn't collapse entirely, just have walled cities and towns

Actual gun fag here
Modern day metal armor is heavy and thick usually a quarter inch to stop 30 caliber rifle rounds and unlike old plate armor has to be a single solid plate to do it’s job effectively
so no cool articulate joints, even if it were thick enough to not get penitrated you’ll still get spalling in the joints that will still get under the armor

With all metal armor the most I would out side of a regular vest plate is have a pauldron on your left hand side to protect your shoulder that is pointed in the direction of fire

But with ceramics it might be a (slightly) different story I haven’t had much time with them but it’s obvious that they are lighter to the point where there entire upper body and some of their hips are protected and it’s still rated to stop 30 caliber Armor piercing ammo

Also although it’s out dated for real military threats Kevlar and other woven fiber armor can be a good pistol caliber armor and can be really great in urban areas and you aren’t restricted to keeping your body as stiff as a rigid plate
TLDR; it’s pic related

All of it user, if you think knight armor will save you from even modern pistol bullets you don’t know guns

Attached: 62B13C0F-9F8B-4D82-93A1-CE8BBEE31BDA.jpg (1025x1390, 148.43K)

Attached: 1623515813106.jpg (1200x1600, 339.49K)

sick stuff, we need more closed helm characters in video games, i'm getting so tired of seeing fucking generic faces and expressions, make the protagonist look like one of these and i'll instantly be on board

>we could not do better today
yes we could.

He died in a car crash back in '18

nice one

This is armor meant for like the series equivalent of battle droids, cheap and disposable but are able to be equipped with just enough of a fighting chance to swarm and scout locations
Doesn’t excuse how butt-ass ugly it looks, but is still fitting enough as a mass produced and serviceable kind of body armor
Now the REAL travesty is the combat armor, that green military armor vest, helmet and leg guards that're basically the same design philosophy of Synth Armor but heavier and meant to be used by people

Attached: 1F8FD390-770A-4E7C-8F43-25A18840D7E4.jpg (1412x900, 900.46K)

>There's fuck all a knight could do to someone in an advanced bomb suit, 'ABS'.
ABS does not cover the hands. The knight would just cut his hands off and wait for him to bleed to death.

there's no need to nerf guns or buff armour (except maybe making it thicker)
have a reason people wear suits of plate armour outside of firearms
maybe make the environment incredibly hostile and having yourself covered in a suit of armour to avoid getting your limbs chewed off would make for a good excuse while ballistic vests are more suited towards firearms but doesn't offer much protection throughout your whole body
how does my solution sound?

thats actually quite cool