What happened to steam sales?

What happened to steam sales?
few years ago most games reach $5~$15 tag range now """""huge"""" sales mean the games are $30 or $40
It haven't got a good sale for a long time

Attached: file.png (300x168, 96.83K)

PC audience is larger and they're not competing against piracy as much anymore

funny how the sales got much worse ever since EPIC launched their store

refunds and region locking killed the fun of hunting for steam deals

Well you can grab the Tales of series for around $10 each right now, with the exception of Tales of Arise. So those sort of sale do still exist.

Studios realized constant huge sales just make people not want to buy your game at full price, so they wait for the sale. It lowers the value of the game in the eyes of the buyers.
This is why Nintendo games literally never go on sale or drop in price after several years like most other games studios do. gotta to keep up the illusion that these are hot commodities

Steam’s prices were too competitive so businesses lobbied against them to restrict their ability to offer substantially lower prices

Refunds

Inflation.

You were getting $5 games when your hourly wage was $7 an hour. Now that everybody earns at least $20 an hour, you can't expect games to be below that...

Because publishers realized 'no steam no buy' means steamies will purchase shit even if it's priced higher than other stores.
They would rather buy a 60 dollar game than sign up for gamepass.
They would rather buy a game full price than get it free on epic game store.
So published understood those paypigs would buy it for 15% off on steam than 50% on another store.
Lol dumb fucks

Westerners practically subsidize easterner copies. Games sell for like 50% cheaper without sales here then go to 80-90% when on sale.

there was little competition back then so Steam got all the best deals. These days games are on 7 different stores who will all be pissed if Steam is massively undercutting them.

Nothing happened with the Steam sales, you're just a retard who doesn't try to search games with good sales

Attached: DMC sale.jpg (719x1070, 238.72K)

>They would rather buy a 60 dollar game than sign up for gamepass.
YOU WILL OWN NOTHING AND BE HAPPY

I already bought DMC collection long ago.

this

So? The current sale is the cheapest it has ever got

bootlicker

Attached: afarwb6qupn61.png (5488x3802, 654.34K)

How can America be more productive if they don't make anything anymore?

good morning ranjesh
scammed any grandmas lately?

Attached: redeeming.png (1042x247, 34.97K)

How old is that shit now? 10$ is still a ripoff.

>What happened to steam sales?
publishers got wise to the fact it only takes a small discount to get people to buy their games now and steam sales are no longer the quasi religious events they used to be because obviously the prices aren't as good since there millions more users buying and valve hasn't put any effort into any sort of community based event since 2015 and even then it was a shoddy clicker game.

Inflation. $30 is the new $15

The HD collection got released in 2012, so they're over 10 years old. And the games being just 10 bucks is a really good deal because you're getting 3 whole games for like 3 dollars for each game

go back, and take ranjesh with you

They still make shit, it's just that production of the cheapest, most abundant crap has been offloaded to chinks and various 3rd worlders that have their workers work for next to nothing.

No, sales have been getting worse since 2013. Epic coupons are the only way to get a steep discount on games these days.

I own like a hundred games on that site and I haven't spent a cent there

some of them I had full intention of buying on steam. dunno how they can keep up this free-shit business model forever

Inflation is the excuse that companies want you to believe. The real answer is simple greed. Don't believe me? Read up about how companies have been posting record profits during the last few years. Profits that have grown way more than inflation rates. So yes, inflation is a real thing obviously, but not to the point where "$30 is the new $15". It's more like "$20 is the new $15, but we'll charge $30 for something that was $15 and call it inflation".

>dunno how they can keep up this free-shit business model forever
They can keep doing it so long as Fortnite continues to print money and retards like Sony continue pouring billions into their lap.

cope, seethe, shit on street, you filthy epicpajeet

it's times like these that I think we should democratize the workplace, cast out the parasitic capitalist owner class and compensate the working class for the full value of their labor

Valve stopped producing anything of value so their own sales were shit, and major devs found that the profits from offering decent discounts didn't really make much difference in terms of sales.

I've got a few hundred bucks in credit on steam and nothing to spend it on. Last thing I bought was a fucking humble bundle because it was 10 bucks for a few sim racing games I didn't have.

>tfw Ausfag
>waiting on Sekiro to go on sale
>never drops below 45 dollars
>game came out 3 years ago

Attached: baby-asleep.gif (480x270, 1.8M)

>Epic coupons are the only way to get a steep discount on games these days.
You can still find better sales on key sites.

doesn't look that bad

Attached: aud.png (325x161, 7.35K)

isn't the australian minimum wage tied to inflation, like by law
like you aren't engaged in a never ending war fighting for tablescraps like us americucks are

leave me alone

good morning sir delete this post do not redeem the key you bought way cheaper than on steam sale and don't break my narrative of STEAM BAD

HUNK and Wesker skins when?

Bingo! You bought all the games with good sales, and all that's left are games published by stingy jews. It's ridiculously simple.

BLANKA DRIP

Any oldfag can attest to this but steam sales got a whole lot worse when Valve hired that economist guy and it's pretty well known that Valve recommends devs to not discount games too heavily for steam sales nowadays due to some economist voodoo shit.

>10 yuros for a 20 years old game
Retard.

It's unironically Russias fault.

That's 3 games you dumb fucking retard

more like 2 games, no one fucking buys that collection for dmc2

Calm down man

>one game is an unplayable mess where you can't even see the enemies
>another game is not canon
>IT'S THREE GAMES!!!
No.
Also Metal Gear Rising goes to like 5 yuros, why the fuck would I pay 10 for DMC3 lol.
Nigga you stupid.

Shut yo bitch ass nigga mouth fuck nigga, you really gone complain about 3 games bein $10 lame ass nigga fuh

I use key sites and get an extra $5 off each game

Refunds and normies got mad they can't keep up with flash sales, when other normies can keep up with flash sales from other non-game online stores just fine

No one gives a shit about two of those games, shut the fuck up.

Nigga fuck you talking about dmc2 is the most underrated game in the franchise

Another pleb filtered by DMC2
All three works on my machine
Also
>caring about canon
It's game, it's not a movie, user

Attached: 1651407118681.gif (250x207, 743.69K)

>actually buying from Steam
G2A chads where you are, I got Metal Gear Rising for 1€ lmao

Use GOG

Got more than half my steam library off key websites, my account worth like 900 but I paid less than 500 for all those games loool

>refunds remove the risk in impulse purchases and vendors can't slash prices to get a bite
>digital goods by nature have no shelf cost and vendors don't need to cut prices to make room for new inventory

captured market

Put more games on your wishlist and you easily see 80% and more sales. You are all just a bunch of whiny faggots with tunnel vision and bias. Muh no sales. Literally reddt behaviour to collect upboats.

>buy things you don't want
Actual retard.

>Actual retard.
Yes that's you.

I use SteamDB to check games even if I don't want to buy it, just out of curiosity to see what it goes on sale for. It would surprise you how often things are on sale, but they're often limited to certain genres