Why is everyone so excited about buying a new gpu...

Why is everyone so excited about buying a new gpu? Theres no point in buying a powerful gpu for gaming unless you are a consoomer, a gtx 1060 and a 3080 are the exact same thing, they can both run games well, the only difference is that the 3080 can run them slightly sharper and slightly better.Whats all the excitement about?

Attached: download.jpg (260x194, 9.74K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/7aNb6YFZoQY
youtube.com/watch?v=rVzDnzjvivA
youtu.be/7aNb6YFZoQY?t=618
youtu.be/PXHGVx7fITQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>a gtx 1060 and a 3080 are the exact same thing
not even you believe that

>a gtx 1060 and a 3080 are the exact same thing
Absolutely not. What the fuck.

>dude just play at 10 fps lmao

Attached: 1060.jpg (1141x1728, 167.04K)

>dude there's no difference between a 730 and a gtx 1050 ti
just kill yourself

A 3080 is much better than a 1060. As for upgrading to a newer GPU of equivalent power, if your GPU is pretty old you may want something with longer driver support.

It can run anything at medium-high 60fps 1080p with some good antialiasing. Looks nearly identical to ultra 4k 144fps, just a bunch of pixels more. You sound like a bunch of spoiled kids talking about apple products.

>medium-high 60fps 1080p
>Looks nearly identical to ultra 4k 144fps
Fucking LOL. Cope more poorfag.

>a gtx 1060 and a 3080 are the exact same thing, they can both run games well
My 1060 couldn't even play MHW locked at 60fps. I doubt it'd play FFXIV above 60 in raids.

So OP being a retard aside, you should never upgrade to a gpu that isn't at least twice as powerful as the strongest current gen console or you're memeing yourself. Just saying.

That's a completely moronic standard.

My fucking god you are so fucking autistic. The difference is so fucking small, its not like playing at 480p 30fps low. After 1080p 60fps high the differences are minuscule. Stop jerking off to a bunch of pixels, the game looks the same.

poorfag cope

>have a 3080ti
>Only thing to plug it into is a 1080p 60hrz TV
I am an advanced retard. Just bought a desk and a 1440/240 monitor but I've been doing this for like a year

Get a bigger screen and 1080p won't be enough anymore, and while a 1060 might be good for 1080p, it won't do 1440p very well.

It absolutely does not. Cope harder. Why don't you get a real job lmao

POSTING IN THE HECKIN GEMMY THREAD

Attached: 1640945528866.png (382x600, 27.03K)

It can run it at 60fps 1080p high settings

youtu.be/7aNb6YFZoQY

My dad was an AV fan, and thanks to him, so am I. Al my friends still play at 1080p 60, and they dont know better and I'm playing at 4k hdr 120+ fps. I'm old, and dont care about much, so buying a xx80ti each gen is one of my only money dumps I have. Its like a car, some people just want a car that drives them from a to b at comfort and some like to tinker and get the max out of their vehicle. I dont get that, but in no way would I lable them "spoiled", they just care more about things I dont care about and thats fine by me. If you're happy with 1080p 60, go nuts user! Your gaming hobby is way cheaper then mine, but I just like to have the high end stuff. Tinkering with settings and oc-ing is fun for me.

With proper antialiasing 1080p looks perfect on a 27 inch display

>with proper antialiasing
lmao

>1060 3080 same
the absolute cope

People who waited and got stuck on their 3.5 meme cards are retards.
People who paid 2000 bucks for a 3080 are retards.
People who upgraded around the new console gen to a decent mid-range 1440p card (3060/5700XT) before the market shat itself are the smart ones.
You did buy a 400 dollar card in 2019, didn't you user?

Attached: 3724385.jpg (590x393, 131.91K)

>also the sound of the GPU
youtube.com/watch?v=rVzDnzjvivA

youtu.be/7aNb6YFZoQY?t=618
are you illiterate
have you confused the numbers five and six? remember, six is the one that does a full loopy, and five is the one that doesn't.

Yeh but my point was that its just a useless gimmick, it has no purpose. You dont have to tinker with it. Its like saying hey why dont you buy a 2 mil dollars hypercar instead of the car you have now, its so much better! Its fucking useless.

There's no proper antialiasing (MSAA) anymore. Only TAA smearshit.

Explain in more detail about "slightly more"

>being a poorfag

Attached: jijodebuuuuuuu.webm (1440x1440, 311.56K)

The difference between the medium and high settings.

Ok if you have aspergers and 54 fps drives you crazy then set it to medium high and you have a solid 60.

Modern games on medium-high look extremely good already, on ultra its just slightly sharper textures, shadows and like 20% better lightning. Who cares looks the same.

60fps is already butter smooth, the difference between 60 and 120 is much smaller than the one between 30 and 60. Who cares looks the same unless you play esports.

1080p looks super detailed on a 27inch monitor, its not like playing a nintendo 64 game at 360p. The only problem is the aliasing but it can be fixed with fxaa, mfaa, mxaa or a bit of taa. Who cares looks nearly the same.

>1080p 60hz
Lol just buy a console at this point

user I’m on a 980…

I mean msaa

why do you care what some faggot around the world spends his money

Attached: 1651204400635.png (500x500, 295.72K)

you are dumbas if you want to compare 1060 to 1080 , i would understand argument like , i have gtx 980/1080 full hd 30cal screen and it still run new games so why bother with 140 herc 4k
but any card with xx60 is just garbage,
yes you can run games but,. thats it
if you want to use lets say a browser for music / show in bacground you cant with gtx1060,
but 1080 can do that ( its just go bzzz and temp will be 75 c but it will menage)

>the difference between 60 and 120 is much smaller
can't tell if you're trolling or blind. it's double the input latency reduction and twice the frame pacing 1% lows being delivered to your eyes which is how you perceive smoothness in any media.
you would have made more sense if you said the difference between 144 and 240 is much smaller which is it is.

for the amount of time I spend on this hobby the expense of a new GPU is nothing

Your time on this planet it limited and you will only experience games for the first time once. You might as well have the best possible experience.

Stick with your consoles, poorfag.

I'll probably buy a 40 series because it'll be the only card I'll need for the next 20-30 years

A browser mostly uses ram and a bit of cpu. Sure if you want to play 4 games toghether with 60 chrome tabs open it might make sense, if not the difference is small.

My 1070 is nowhere NEAR a 3080.
That said, however, I don't actually care. I've always played at 720p or 1080p, and the 1070 still handles that excellently in a large number of cases. I'd consider upgrading if it were just the GPU, but I need a new CPU too at that point, and a new mobo, and basically it'd end up being a brand new build. Meh.

>at medium-high
If I wanted to play with PS2 graphics, I'd buy a console you poor fuck.

Modern games on medium high dont look like ps2 games.

Who cares? All that matters is that its smooth and responsive, and 60fps is extremely smooth and responsive already.

I get your point and i agreen. Gpus are a tool and when the tool can do the job it's good enough.

>3060
You better mean the ti because non ti is basically a 1660ti with extra stuff

You should go AMD anyway when buying mid-range. NVIDIA is a scam at that pricerange.

I'm using a thinkpad with intel hd integrated graphics

chad

No, it's not chad there's so many games I can't fucking play
Even Morrowind chugs on this
STALKER runs mediocre and on STATIC lighting
There's a bunch of more modern games I can't play unless I want them to run at 15fps or less
THAT'S why I'm happy about GPU prices falling, so I can actually get a gaming PC without destroying my already meager savings

You are poor. A 2 mil dollars hypercar isn't an option for you so you cope by telling yourself you don't need/want it anyway.

Just buy a tesla

Attached: Screenshot_2022-05-01-14-00-29-19_e4424258c8b8649f6e67d283a50a2cbc.jpg (1080x2340, 558.95K)

Ah, sweet a poor fag copeing thread.
Man, I'm so glad I'm not a minimum wage fag or a welfare nigger that thinks 1.5 to 2k eurobux is a lot of money.

Attached: 20220306202849_1.jpg (3200x1800, 1.48M)

3060 'nilla has 12gb of ram, making it actually usable for raytracing, content creation, deep learning, video editing, etc. The 1660ti is useless for these things. And I pray to god that you are doing some if not all of the things I just mentioned and not just playing other peoples games.

i need a better CPU so i can play Dwarf fortress

I'm using a 1060 with most settings at max or high, raids are no problem with it.

Keep coping, peasant

A 1060 can run redux on ultra at around 50-65 fps. And anyways the original looks better.

youtu.be/7aNb6YFZoQY

Attached: Screenshot_2022-05-01-14-05-41-73_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg (2340x1080, 739.42K)

>the year is 2060
>dwarf fortress has not changed one bit
>yet the latest billion dollar multidimensional quantum CPUs with more cores than there are atoms in the universe all clocked at 20 yottahertz still cannot run the game properly

>why does anyone have a house, they can just live in a tent, it's the same thing.
>why does anyone have a toilet, they can just use a bucket, it's the same thing.
>why does anyone have clothes, they can just wear bin bags, it's the same thing.

A 1060 can run redux on ultra at around 50-65 fps. And anyways the original looks better.

youtu.be/PXHGVx7fITQ

Attached: Screenshot_2022-05-01-14-10-59-88_f9ee0578fe1cc94de7482bd41accb329.jpg (2340x1080, 859.48K)

why are those reflections absolute black ?

A house/apartament is much safer, larger, more practical, and not as cold as a tent.

Where do you throw the shit piss then? Plus a toilet dosent smell and its much more comfortable.

Bin bags look bad and dont protect you from the cold

>you will only experience games for the first time once
finally, someone gets it

I am using VisualV...
Also, all the default settings are on ultra, the advanced settings are optimized for a better draw distance. The resolution is 1800p at 75fps (on a free sync monitor).

Who cares looks nearly the same. It can run visualv well too.

I'm a poorfag in a third world country user
I'm here to tell you that even you can save up money for a new graphics card, assuming this isn't bait and just a cope thread

This is a GPU for your computer, Jesus Christ this board

You likely are not old enough to pay for your own house, utilities, or clothing.

I'm still good with my RTX 2070S. I can afford an expensive gpu if I wanted to but no way I'm buying something that's going to need require a 1000W psu.

>Who cares looks nearly the same. It can run visualv well too.

Except it runs much better, suffers from no stuttering, it has drastically less input lag with no screen tearing thnx to free sync and the game is less jagged because of the high resolution.

Attached: 2b0lv2q24mr81.png (485x439, 82.79K)

Dude, why do you even needs 2 kidney?
They both do the same shit.
Hell, why do you even need 2 eyes? They are exactly the same thing.

They bought the PC Master race meme too hard and thought it was about OWNING DA CONZOLES by keeping up with every new Nvidia SUPER TI + ELECTRIC BOOGALOO FOUNDERS EDITION and not being able to build whatever PC you like

Through the next couple years you're going to see people arguing for using over 1000w PC's as if it's normal because Intel / Nvidia told them it was normal

Now watch as somebody takes this as shilling for AMD

Not OP but I have a 1080ti and none of those games are even worth installing