Daily reminder that consoles are holding back video games

Daily reminder that consoles are holding back video games.

Attached: 1614917664395.webm (1015x575, 1.81M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/TtZsOy_E4Ko
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Shit developers are holding back gaming

On the bright side, you can get away with playing new vidya on cheap hardware and rarely need to upgrade

My friend games on a 750 ti

You know what I've wanted from every bad video game I've ever played? Realistic water simulation.

>NOOOO WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE HAVE A $2000 PC SO VIDEO GAMES CAN LOOK LIKE THIS?
PC gamers are retarded and completely detached from reality.

>GrapHicS
teen thread

Attached: 1644493916517.png (520x780, 18.26K)

behold, the PC gamer's greatest concerns: rocks, sand and water.
Oh the incredible games we'd get without consoles!
Imagine the realistic tree stumps and dirt!
Imagine the puddles!
And the fps! And the screenshots!
Every game would be The Vanishing of Ethan Carter, without even pesky gameplay to hold it back

>The waves crashing on the beach don't affect the sand

i wish witcher 3 looked like that

just fucking imagine if we had an ww2 naval game with this kind of water visuals

PS2 did this shit in 2002, nigga.
youtu.be/TtZsOy_E4Ko

Pray tell user. How come games are always dumbed down mechanically when brought to the console audience?

Attached: 1633424334045.webm (400x225, 1.26M)

The water "hitting" the beach makes no fucking sense. As if the sand was waterproof.
1/10 wouldn't play.

Attached: 632092043ad50c112f94b25d802c0199.jpg (1044x770, 238.83K)

SOUL

Works fine on my PS5.
The only thing holding back videogames is you retards.
>Inflating hardware cost by datamining.
>Bragging about pirating every game.
Yeah, but console is to blame.
What's holding back video games is that nobody wants to deal with PC players, they're obnoxious and entitled. And you can insult me as a consolefag all you want;. I have a PC too, but this isn't just me saying it, developers say the same shit.

Attached: 1613276338806.jpg (464x633, 24.87K)

water's okay but there's no undertow physics for the sand so try again

>How come games are always dumbed down mechanically when brought to the console audience?
A lot PC games are not dumbed down, and yet no one play them in Yea Forums except few autists. Even something like Elden Ring is breaking the buck of Yea Forums and "pc gamurs". The main audience for games is different.

>new games comes out
>nothing new is added just a few mechanics and hd textures
>exclusive to the newest console
>although it could technically run in old consoles with toned down graphics
Crazy how this also applies to every kind of game, I fucking hate consoles

That's prerendered, even says so.

*video driver was hung*
*shuts down your PC on the third time of load*
*fries the physical parts of your PC on your second play through*

You mean physics. Console niggers will never have absolute ludo masterpiece like Noita.

Noita can run on toaster...

Doesn't mean shit till it's real time.

The second webm is literally realtime.

also
*plugs explodes and sets the house on fire*
*my family dies and I lose one eye*
*after the fire is extinguished i go back to my house*
*I can see the skeletons of my little sister and my mother that tried to save her*
*computer makes a sound*
*it just loaded the boss arena*

this is a fluid sim
you couldn't run this in real time on a $2000 pc, at least not in a game environment

cope.
All games made for cross-platform follows the exact same patterns of slow and forgiving combat.
>elden meme
Another console game.

I don't talk about games made for cross-platform. But I know you don't play actual PC games because they're too complex
>Another console game.
This only make things worst. As mechanically dumbed down console game filtered mythical "pc gamurs" :)

Attached: 1629277084540.webm (800x450, 2.86M)

I'm still having lots of fun on consoles so I don't give a fuck.

current gen consoles perfork better than 90% of the gaming PCs out there. most PC gamers still use HDDs too lmao. You PC poorfags are holding us back

Because of controllers, you stupid fucking loser. I’m not going to use a mouse and keyboard on the couch.

sure, but we know where OP was going with this. point is game platforms need to be affordable to the average consumer, otherwise there is no game industry.

>
I'm a PC gamer and I have a 2500k and 750ti

>Its another PC port begging thread

Attached: oliver1.jpg (1800x900, 606.98K)

Devs would still take the easiest route because there aren't any with soul left.

true enough, though this is basically just a slide thread, like most of Yea Forums. don't know what anyone expected

arrest
not all games are identical

I mean its not great actually, its not even touching the ground it looks like, but its the suction from the next wave that pulls waves back in and that bit looks ok. Just its still white tipped and not being pulled into the sand at all

wow ps2 really was the weakest of it's generation. This looks awful.

There isn't really anything holding anyone back from making a PC only mega advanced fancy gwaphics game, it's just that you lose out on a large market of people who don't have god PCs to run games (not just console gamers, all the poorer PC bros too).

And I mean yeah you can certainly take the "get a good PC or fuck off" attitude, but one could also make the argument that if the technology isn't scalable or feasible for common hardware, then the technology isn't ready to be widely used yet. Modern games tend to have bloated file sizes or poor performance even on PC because lazy developers take this exact attitude and just don't bother to optimize anything with the idea that the best PC specs on the market can just bruteforce spaghetti code and memory leaks.

Ghostwire Tokyo is certainly flawed and not the best open world game released this year, but the game looks pretty great with only a 17gb file size. THAT is impressive, especially when ubisoft shit looks and runs worse while having five times the install size.

Attached: eat_shit_oobisuft.png (347x240, 8.31K)

exquisite bait.
even if it ran at real time(which I doubt) you can't create a game in a 10x40 meter space, and you can't have this detail for a full fledged world.

amazing water

>Daily reminder that consoles are holding back video games.
Daily reminder that this thing you posted is pre rendered and not real time and even the beefiest of the gaming pcs cant run it. Also for you graphics fags and zoomers out there, good graphics doesnt mean good game. Good gameplay is where is at

>good graphics doesnt mean good game. Good gameplay is where is at
How many copies has GTA V sold again?

>How many copies has GTA V sold again?
Its like you are almost implying that GTA V is an actual good game lmao. GTA V is a movie game that its only good to finish it one time and move on. It has zero reasons to revisit it like Mario 64 or bloodborne for example.
People that play GTA V these days are GTA online whales that cant get over their addiction

>But I know you don't play actual PC games
Projection.
I play the purest of PC games. RTS.

> It has zero reasons to revisit it like Mario 64 or bloodborne for example
>bloodborne
you never played the game

I still have a 970 :( I'm stuck in that cycle where if I want to upgrade anything, I need to upgrade everything and I'm poor.

Idiot. Demos like this take up to 90% GPU load. You can simulate water all you want, but then you don't have the graphics budget for the rest of your video game.

Oh I played the game. Unlike GTA 4's world, GTA V is a no fun sand box that has nothing going on other than graphics. The story was nice but there is no reason to replay it

>developers say the same shit
You know user that would mean something if the current year was 2000 when the devs were competent. Listening to todays devs is like caring about the opinion of an obese nutritionist. They may know what to say but can't apply for shit.
But I'll give them that, they did solve the piracy issue, they made games so shit it's not even worth pirating them anymore.

fucking retard
I talk about bloodborne

>consoles are holding back gaming
>anytime a game comes out with higher requirements than a PS3 game half the board is crying UNOPTIMISED!!!!! if it can't run ultra 4k144fps on their 1050ti

Yeah what about it? It has good gameplay that keeps me coming back. I prefer it over the other souls games.

>game made for pc but ported to consoles
>the pc port is shit
getting tired of these shit developers

Daily reminder without consoles video games turn into indie faggotry

>that pic
what I find hilarious is that when I respond to it with my speccy and a resounding YES, the snoy cope response is always the same:
>y-you'll never play bloodborne!

Why don't any PC exclusives use that technology?

Daily reminder that without PCs the entire industry would turn into always-online subscription faggotry

That is the rub - any game potato hardware can't run must inherently be unoptimsied because my potato can't run it. See also: laptop shitters complaining their ancient machine can't emulate a PS2 because like, the PS2 is 20 years old so surely my potato can run that!

Attached: Doom eternal.jpg (3840x2160, 2.46M)