Is there a single remaster that objectively improves on the original in all areas?

Is there a single remaster that objectively improves on the original in all areas?

Attached: 1649905287901.jpg (3612x4052, 3.19M)

>third pic
Wait, don't tell me that left is original, and the right is remaster?

Golden's still better despite these
It's enough of an objective upgrade that these visual niggles aren't really that important, also Chie's new voice is better
Something like Dark Souls Remastered would be a better example because it messes up the lighting without really adding much of anything at all. The new bonfire in the Catacombs is nice I guess.
Even worse would be Majora's Mask 3D, because not only is it a visual downgrade but a gameplay downgrade too, the Deku Mask loses its momentum on water and the Zora Mask loses its fast swimming.

Resident Evil Remake.
Gamecube version.

Resident Evil 4 Ultimate HD Edition with the RE4HD Project Texture Mod

visually black mesa
otherwise serious sam remasters

>in all areas
I wasn't asking for your defence of Golden's other features you faggot.
>also Chie's new voice is better
Of course the retard with no reading comprehension is also a dubfag.

If it needs mods it doesn't count.

Sonic 3 A.I.R
Super Mario 64 PC port
GZDoom

Basically fan remasters are always better

Attached: 1646156420328.jpg (1447x1078, 309.52K)

The gba remake of ff1 and 2

Was it downgraded already when moving to Vita or only when porting to PC?

The Wonderful 101 Remastered
The improved loading times makes the game so much better
And before some smartass who never actually played the game shows up, no one fucking used the touch screen. You draw with the sticks like Okami.

diablo 2 remastered

Attached: shitposting.jpg (750x850, 150.73K)

RE4 HD project

Attached: 1651397860121.jpg (540x660, 91.07K)

Dark souls remastered still makes the game 10x more playable by just having stable 60 fps

Scholar of the first sin

Yakuza 3,4 and 5 remastered

these are all remakes

Ignore the faggoty neckbeards, this is the one true answer.

Attached: 1632414978446.jpg (3840x2160, 3.16M)

remakes and remasters are just the same thing just with slight differences in effort and how far they are willing to change the game
resident evil 2 is not a remake it's a reboot
black mesa is a remake

The problem is where do you make the distinction between remaster and port? Do they have to change the gameplay? Retouch the assets? There are a bunch of games that got brought to more powerful systems and got a resolution/framerate boost because of it.

I think Halo 2 Anniversary turns the worst Bungie Halo game into the best. The only gripe I have is some of the new soundtrack is a little too noisy.

The original doesn't have Marie so it's better

Age of Empires 2 DE.

What about the recasting of Tanimura for the remaster of 4?

I thought it looked really good but then I noticed they had redone the sound effects and music. Can they be restored to the originals? I might actually upgrade to DE but if not I'll stick with HD.

the line between port and remaster is hard
would the new powerslave release be considered as a port despite having changes or would that make it a remake considering that the code has been changed

Vita was downgraded, PC is the same.

Attached: capsule_616x353.jpg (616x353, 111.75K)

>Was it downgraded already when moving to Vita
Yes, that's why it looks like shit. It's a fucking handheld game

MGS HD Collection gives you 60 FPS, 5.1 sound, dual stick control on PW and online play. Only problem is missing Ape Escape stuff in 3.

It has fucked up graphical effects in 2 as well.

I've seen people post webm of fortune missing roaches but they were there in my recent playthrough. I think that might be someone having trouble with emulation or maybe it's a 360-exclusive bug,

I was thinking of the sparking electricity from Snake's optocamo failing at the start.
Either way, it fails the OP's criteria between that and the missing content.

CTR:NF though it took them a year to patch all the weird collision issues.

Rayman Redemption.

Attached: tlou and rayman.png (2630x1344, 207.68K)

>Golden
did they even change the graphics in golden on ps2? I just remember there being more content, all the graphic shit was added in the remaster on PSP and PC or do i just remember it wrong.

>enemy placements actively ruin reveals and the flow of areas
>items scattered about or made harder to get for no reason
>paths pointlessly blocked by petrified dudes that make no sense being there

>golden on ps2
>the remaster on PSP

salsa frontier remastered

Attached: 1618980392583.webm (430x600, 1.66M)

>Everybody loves rayman
Except ubisoft

Yeah but Ubisoft are pricks so fuck em

Command and Conquer Remastered Collection

A remaster better in ALL areas? I don't know, maybe Skyrim Legendary and Special editions?
I could also say the Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy but I guess that's more of a remake than a remaster.

Tactics Ogre Let Us Cling Together, although it takes a lot of liberties with the gameplay it's considered superior to the original.

Or you can install dsfix

dsfix cannot solve performance issues

Ubisoft aren't people.

Attached: rayman.png (175x109, 48.29K)

>I could also say the Crash Bandicoot NSane Trilogy but I would also be retarded
Fixed.

That's a remake.

>I need muh infinite stash mod
get good

Yes. The remaster is based on the PS Vita version of the game. Same thing with the definitive version of Dragon Quest XI. It's based off the Switch version.

Maybe Last of Us Remastered... but despite the name, that game feels like a port rather than a remaster. It arguably doesn't count.
There's Metroid Zero Mission, but that's a complete remake and overhaul so also doesn't really count.

No.

Attached: 20220409202929_1.jpg (1920x1080, 462.2K)

SaGa Frontier.

Dubnigger opinion discarded.

The Batman Arkham remasters are fucking awful. I genuinely dont understand how they can look so much worse than the originals.

Attached: 1SIaEb1.jpg (1920x1080, 180.01K)

Fuck that third comparison kills me, how fucking clued do you have to be to not see how haze helps mask how utterly fucking low res and shit a game looks at capturing a full, wide area like that

I don't understand how every single time I come across theres threads theres always another example i haven't seen before thats fucking astonishingly bad of a downgrade for something claiming to be a remaster, half the time they look more like they ported it to a less powerful console or something than the original. What is the fucking point of this?

Why can't PS to PC games hold their fog intact? Same garbage with Silent Hill 2, Resident Evil 4.

Attached: 1434293914059.png (1024x678, 1.42M)

It's baffling how bad it is. I guess it was easier for them to port the game to UE4 than it was to get UE3 running on PS4/Xbone

>Or you can install dsfix
PTDE still suffers from slowdown in a lot of areas.
Best example is the Seath the Scaleless boss fight where the fps can dip all the way to 20 fps or Blightown where the game drops to 50 fps if you look at certain directions even on top end machines.
Meanwhile the remaster can be played on an i7 4790k and a gtx970 with ultra settings and 4k with 0 performance issues.

most remasters are just censored garbage with poor optimization.

good remasters = every single one of Atelier game, especially Rorona DX.

I suspect going forward the definitive way to play DS1 will be emulating the switch version which still has the original lighting system.

That's it, I am gonna get into PS3 emulation.

Attached: nat1608735646014.jpg (540x344, 74.36K)

Fog effects are a major problem for all games that make the jump from PS2 to anything else because the PS2 Emotion chip was unusually good at rendering transparent textures. It's also the main thing holding back PS2 emulation.

This explains the fucked up framerate. Almost Every Vita port has this issue for some reason.