Speedrunning is the worst thing that has ever happened to gaming

>Speedrunning is the worst thing that has ever happened to gaming
>every issue in gaming today all trace it's roots back to speedrunning

Attached: Speedrunner.webm (636x502, 999.27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1hs451PfFzQ
youtube.com/watch?v=5tR2ULoUVQ0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

hellooo you absolute legends

I want to develop a game specifically for the sole purpose of intensely monitoring the people who try to speed run my game and making it objectively more annoying with each patch.

Every issue in gaming today traces its roots back to gamers

>only takes 57 seconds
the faster the speedrun, the harded it is bruh
>elden ring
>stanley parable
>some other jap game i forgot

I actually thought about this. A game that tracks the speed at which a player gets past through certain sections, triggering a system which causes the timing of everything to change in barely perceptible increments on a true random basis.

why tho

do it. they'll still beat you.

/thread

Attached: garbagemove.png (500x219, 51.59K)

They'll just have different categories by version number

so like ER?

Attached: 1638055677378.jpg (816x816, 337.62K)

Does Karl even speedrun these days? Or does he just make videos about it?

speedrunners are autistic enough to figure this system out better than the devs themselves and then learn to manipulate it and use it to optimize the game even further

ESL wisdom

that would be funny. for the last one you should insert a hanging troon

What is this person even trying to say

because you are all mentally ill, give me a bad name and i hate you

You're far more mentally ill than any speedrunner and give gaming a worse name, you petty vindictive autist

One of the Kings Quest games has effectively no speedrunners because every screen has a random chance of spawning a reaper or something like that that just kills you for story reason. This means the perfect run needs ungodly rng for this to not trigger once, and turns the speedrunning into a no skill slot machine

>I-Is that...
>SOMEONE GOING FAST?!?
>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA IM GOING INSANE TURTLE SAVE ME

Is this sad crying or happy crying?

Imagine being this fucking gay.

Happy.
He achieved a goal that he spent a long time working on.
People will judge and be shitty because it's not important to them.

Is those stats real or just made up?

>10k hours
Theres gotta be something wrong with his brain. To subject yourself to the same 1min task for 400 days of time.

boohoo, go try for another "pb" or jerk off a tranny or whatever it is you do in your spare time

>>every issue in gaming today all trace it's roots back to speedrunning
what do microtransactions have to do with speedrunning?
what does early access have to do with speedrunning

I mostly trace all the worst things that have happened in gaming to Horse Armor, I don't give a single shit what some autists somewhere else are doing to race through a single player game, horse armor led to microtransactions.

Though it's more fair to say I blame Microsoft with Xbox Live in general for everything wrong with modern gaming, they basically pioneered paid DLC culture.

Attached: horsearmoroblivion.0.0.jpg (1600x900, 221.94K)

To be fair, speedrunning is a symptom of internet culture and has only become more "involved" as culture on the net has continued to "devolve". The only reason why speedrunning is more prevalent than ever is because content (all types of media, from Vidya to shitposting) has stopped being enjoyed just to be "enjoyed" and has instead turned into some sort of mathematical game where each "player" needs to see as much content as they can in a short amount of time as possible. Literally quanity over quality type thinking, if you don't belive me, just ask any web-programmer how much use the "speed up" function gets in video related content, the answer might surprise and maybe scare you.
If you can't/won't ask then ask yourself this, why do you think it's so prevalent in all types of audio and video media right now otherwise?

This type of thinking has then spread into everything even just tangentially connected to internet culture, even some things outside of it. If we use vidya as an example, there has been a widespread addoption of "META" gaming in all types of games, even in ones that heavily tries to discourage it. There are also more emphasis put on "How many" instead of "How long" when people ask for "credibility" in Vidya culture, which creates a subculture of players that plays to win (as quickly as possible) instead of playing for the enjoyment of it.

TLDR: Speedrunning isn't a disease, it's a symptom of our current internet culture.

>disable automatic updates
Get fucked.

That's a lot of text for such a dumb take

I agree and sadly most of Yea Forums nowadays are kids who grew up with microtransactions being the norm.

Isn't it just an off-shoot of boss rush?

if it wasn't Microsoft/Xbox it would have been someone else

They're right though; people don't do things for enjoyment anymore, they just consume as much as they can so they don't feel like they're missing out.

Perhaps, but I don't live in the universe where Microsoft/Xbox wasn't the one to do it, I live in this one. So the blame goes to them and bethesda.

The point is, speedrunning has existed since even before the internet, but it has only grown in both the seriousness of it and the amount of people doing it over the last 13ish years.

That is what that user is talking about. What used to be what this user says: has now become a "sport" that is fuled by current culture trends. There are so many people in the speedrunning community that has said that they openly hate doing it and just do it for the personal rush of being the best that it is honestly baffling how so many people outside of it hasn't been able to pick up on it.

speedrunning is dope

>runners just start deleting their save before every attempt

My Summer Car

I forgot what your name was but your last thread was fucking pathetic, kys you fucking loser

Is that Karl Jobst? He's a self-righteous piece of shit.

that speedrunners will never be women

Is speedrunning to blame for your misuse of apostrophes as well?

ESL

Kind of cool, kind of stupid.

why, because he took 30 seconds to make a post expressing his displeasure about something on the internet? which is exactly the same thing you just did in regard to his post by the way

speed up gets used because people talk way too fucking slow
I watch pretty much every video that doesnt need to be at normal speed at 1.75

what did elden ring do other than take out obvious game breaking glitches that shouldn't be in in the first place like the pegasus shit

speedrunning in videogames has existed since the 90s lol
"being the fastest" has been popular since before the 1900s at the latest

at least he hast a gf to pet him when he acts like a faggot. could be tranny i guess now that i study the tits more

that's more of a boomer typing style than an ESL typing style

It's a FOB chink lol

It's because the first user was the embodiment of "stop liking what I don't like". I get not liking speedrunners for whatever reason, that's cool, you can like what you want. But actively wanting to fuck someone else over because they enjoy playing a vidya in a different way to you, a way that has absolutely no bearing on your own enjoyment of said game? That's just straight up petty autism as the other user said.

>it's roots

Imagine spending 10 000 hours on something productive instead

How does Yea Forums always manage to be more autistic about anything than the actual community which involves it?

>true random basis
Better not forget to properly set your RNG seed, otherwise speedrunner autism *will* trivialize it.
youtube.com/watch?v=1hs451PfFzQ

Has Billy Mitchell destroyed this fag yet?

>something has a low chance to happen ... therefore it can't happen okay?
>I just bought a lottery ticket and didn't win ... therefore all lottery winners are cheaters okay?

Attached: dream.png (225x225, 3.9K)

Billy lost.

An MRRL time. Me and Marc Rutzou. Me and fucking Marc Rutzou. That's fucking right. I skipped 1:13. I am a fucking legend. I've never SEEN a 1:13 and I never fucking will. 1:12 baby Till the day I fucking die. YES!!! 'Bout time I get a fucking lucky break in this fucking game motherFUCKERS and I CLUTCHED the goddamn grenade launcher. That's FUCKING right. Yea it's this one. Right here IT's THIS ONE. My insane pace. Right here! THIS is the 1:12 Right here! YES!! It's fucking it. I'mma have to jus-I'mm have to find the actual whole vid off of it and I'mma have to get it. DUUUUUUUDE WHAT A RUSH! WHAT A RUUUUUUSH! Watch this. Watch when I get the grenade launcher. (sorry) Look at that. See how fast my pace is? Right in the FUCKING HEAD!!! YEEEAAAHH! Got a FUCKING 1:12 baby. That's RIGHT! You see that CLUTCHNESS I AM FUCKING CCC-LUTCH! Look at this fucking line I take. I'm like, "YEAH baby. Let's fucking DO this. I wait I wait Right when he starts firing to try to back boost me. The double. Body armor. Two quick ones. I already know I'm gettin' there on the perfect line. LOOK AT THE FUCKING PACE Fifty Fourty-nine! mmph- FOURTY-SEVEN BABY! That's FUCKING right. That's FUCKING IT. Fucking PUMPED watching this one again I waited the cinema too 'cause I said "oh my god it might be 1:12. And it FUCKING IS!!! IT FUUCKING IS baby. YEAH!!! Look at me typing you guys. You guys didn't believe me. I am typing a storm. Dude I FUCKING just got Streets 1:12! It's not fucking comin' off YES!!! I FUCKING DID IT THAT'S RIGHT! I SKIPPED 1:13 I'M A LEGEND. I AM A FUCKING L E G E N D I'm a FUCKING legend (YES!) I am a fucking legend

Attached: streets.jpg (800x450, 48.72K)

The III, yeah:
youtube.com/watch?v=5tR2ULoUVQ0

We live in the worst timeline

Why?

This.
Asia already had a shitton of micro-transactions and gacha was already a thing back then.

Because Billy is based and speedtrannies are disgusting mentally ill cockroaches

does speedrunning turn people into trannies, or are the mentally challenged simply attracted to speedrunning?

The mentally challenged are attracted to speedrunning and troonism, so there's fair degree of overlap.

Just make it extremely easy to complete the game via bugs to the point where literally anyone can beat the game in the perfect amount of time. No one will speedrun a game that is trivial.

>using external tool to give you the solution
lol might as well read the game's memory at this point, all this autism just so that they can cheat

Then the players will just play an older version of the game if they can't mod it. Speedrunners make up their own rules from time to time

For me the worst thing to happen to gaming is achievement systems. Making a bridge to "rewards outside the game" has been a disaster.

>retarded zoomer doesn't actually understand odds
Very sad! Many such cases.