Resident Evil Village

>Action oriented gameplay with zero inventory management
>But also cutscenes everywhere and barely any tight combat encounter
>Nothing like Inferno mode in RE3make to spice up the story mode
>Puzzles are all retarded, nothing cool like Birthday or Bedroom
>Mercenaries mode, but unlike Mercenaries in third person games enemies are too few and slow and you have no melee, with just one character, and unlike Nightmare mode in RE7 encounters are in wide open and linear areas with no resource management
What a piece of turd, what a fucking piece of shit
I'm actually happy for RE4make because I'm sure that a RE9 would have 100% kept the downward trend while at least RE4make has some chances to actually play/be good
RE7 and RE2make were really just a fluke

Attached: 20220501_094528.jpg (644x472, 83.11K)

SHut the fuck up

Seethe shill

Best game I played this year

I had fun with RE8 that's the only thing that matters
I'm excited for RE4 remake if they don't fuck it up like RE3 but what I really want the most is a RE outbreak port for modern computers without emulation with working official lobbies or a remake of outbreak like RE2 remake

Attached: 1628108742179.png (236x287, 18.1K)

you will never be a resident evil game

Attached: resident evil jill disgust.jpg (800x800, 122.34K)

>t. Didn't play Elden Ring
They are the only 2 games

RE1make Jill looks awful holy shit

>Posts REmake Jill
Oh the irony

Attached: Jill_prunyuu_.png (480x960, 204.14K)

I don't play souls games too long and my carpal tunnel hates them

i bet you wouldnt say that to her face

Attached: resident evil jillvoth.jpg (856x640, 117.71K)

Hey, anybody remember REverse?

...Yeah, I think Capcom also forgot about it.

What went wrong with RE3r? Damn shame, 2 was incredible

>REverse
>REsistance
>Umbrella Corps
>Operation Raccoon City
I'm sure one day they'll figure out an asset flip that can become a lasting multiplayer title lol no

It was short

It still tickles me that it's been sitting in my library for 2 years now, waiting on release, only because it was "bundled with" REmake3.

I like re7 because it was a return to the horror roots, but re8 wasn't bad. I will be buying RE9 as will any true fans of Resident Evil.

It was given to a B team, and I would imagine they were told to crank it out as soon as possible. Hence the missing areas, linear Raccoon City, and making Carlos visit RPD instead of Jill because it means less story and dialog to come up with. Not to mention the obvious recycle of the dog Nemesis fight.
It's obvious Capcom was trying to capitalize on REmake2 as much as possible since it cost them so damn much to make.

>DOOD CONSOOM

YES.I WILL CONSUME THINGS THAT I ENJOY...HOW COULD YOU TELL?

Attached: images (15).jpg (738x415, 17.91K)

>Tfw filtered by the birthday puzzle

Attached: 4796E97B-EF7A-4ED6-9B6B-0F11F8833A46.png (978x1019, 997.03K)

RE9 is going to be so tits.

>I like re7 because it was a return to the horror roots, but re8 wasn't bad. I will be buying RE9 as will any true fans of Resident Evil.

Attached: wrqojnsxpko01.png (730x980, 78.65K)

Seethe.

You forgot to mention how they butchered Chris' character

Attached: HoundWolfSquad.png (5257x2128, 3.46M)

yes

How? He was always kind of a dumbass.

>Noooo they changed stuf! I am a fucking boomer that craves for the past.
shut the fuck up

The awesome thing about RE9 is that its working title is Resident Evil: Apocalypse. As everyone knows, Rose is based on Alice from Paul W.S. Anderson's masterfully crafted Resident Evil films, as was Evie to a degree, although Evie was more overtly based on Alicia Marcus, the girl afflicted with a rapid aging disease.

What is obviously going to happen is that Rose is gonna use her sick powers to tear shit up like Resident Evil: Extinction, and the world is gonna get sweet and apocalyptic, hence the title, which alludes to the not-as-good second Resident Evil movie that Paul Anderson didn't direct, Resident Evil: Apocalypse from 2004.

There's a reason not-Mia offers Ethan a bottle of Regina Rosie in Village. Regina Rosie means Red Queen. They're gonna get as close to the Andersonverse as they legally can without paying for the rights. And purists are gonna be so mad because they hate the idea of RE becoming apocalyptic and people actually dying instead of being immortal runway models.

Attached: Alicia Marcus.jpg (1280x544, 64.52K)

It's nice, way too schizofrenic but actually good, I like how campy the characters are after the REmakes made everything so serious and boring and the action is very satisfying, Mercenaries is very fun but fuck S ranking missions.

>Paul W.S. Anderson's masterfully crafted Resident Evil films,
Bro, those movies were trash.

>As everyone knows, Rose is based on Alice from Paul W.S. Anderson's masterfully crafted Resident Evil films, as was Evie to a degree, although Evie was more overtly based on Alicia Marcus, the girl afflicted with a rapid aging disease.
Additionally, Rose Winters will rapidly age without regular injections of... something, as warned by the label of the jars that held her body parts. So the ending of Village may only be a few years later.

>Implying
That would at least be based and feel fresh

The RE movies ranged from "genre (re)defining masterpiece" to "gleefully vicious schlock".

Netflix are working on a new RE TV series that takes a lot of influence from RE: Retribution and RE: Final Chapter, with the character of Jade Wesker (played by that lady out of Forespoken) taking Alice's place. Hopefully it's kino.

No it looks to be forced diversity casted and will be loosely based on the lore.

>Netflix
>Hopefully it's kino

Attached: intro-1621258083.jpg (780x438, 54.82K)

>What is obviously going to happen is that Rose is gonna use her sick powers to tear shit up like Resident Evil: Extinction
Karl Heisenberg's powers in Village were a pretty on the nose homage to RE: Extinction with a thin veneer of pseudoscience, so I wonder if they're gonna go down a similar road of Rose being the ultimate bioweapon through the Mold. Capcom already tried to rip off this idea with Sherry in RE6, and it feels like they're doing it again.

Attached: ExtinctionTelekinesis.webm (1128x480, 2.92M)

>netflix
>lets make everyone black and/or latino for no reason
>w-why are our stocks dropping :(

Those movies are fucking terrible you genuine brainlet. Literal braindead people only like them and Paul WS Anderson is a fucking fraud who made one decent film and coasted on that since then.

Yeah, I feel pretty much the same, user. I felt the setting was dull compared to 7. Even though it was on a much grander scale, it felt dull. I enjoyed Jack, and the sprawling ramshackle estate, showing a mix of wealth and DIY carpentry. You could tell a lot from the Bakers just from the environment. Never really got that from 8's setting.

Much of the it just felt awkward to navigate and I feel the game really peaked at the castle.

>and will be loosely based on the lore.
Of course it's only loosely based on Anderson's films. But it's clearly using a lot of ideas from them. In the leaked script, Umbrella even use the slogan, "Our business is life itself." And Wesker is Chairman of Umbrella, which is something Capcom can't have because any plot element or character trait for the RE films belongs to the company that owns the films. That means that Jill can't smoke in the games even if Capcom want her to.

>anderson's films
>not the games
So it's DOA

>fucking fraud who made one decent film
Which one?
>Even Horizon.
>Soldier.
>Resident Evil
>Death Race.
They're all candidates for his magnum opus.

They tried making an RE game based on the games, and it flopped. Probably because nobody wants that. The biggest problem this TV show has is that Milla Jovovich is the primary draw of the Resident Evil series, and they're trying to sell people this home brand version.

He only made more of the RE films because he was fucking "Alice". The first and second ones are nothing but b-movie tier awfulness, just like the games. After that, no one knows what the fuck happened outside of cocaine and bad ideas.

Fpbp

>Literal braindead people only like them
Why has Capcom been making OC Donut Steel versions since 2004, then? They don't own the rights to the movies, but they get as close as they can without getting sued. The whole Evie twist in RE7 come from Final Chapter's script. Constantin always shared the RE scripts with Capcom to get approval for the usage of Capcom characters (there was that whole stink about how they had to make Jill and Leon and Ada disappear offscreen in FInal Chapter because Capcom wouldn't let them die).

I honestly wish they'd just paid Constantin for the rights and made RE3 Remake as an adaptation of Apocalypse instead.

Eveline is basically the Red Queen.

YER AWL GONNAH DIHE DOWN 'ERE

>He only made more of the RE films because...
he watched Mortal Kombat 2 nuke his film franchise from orbit and realized that he had an obligation to stay involved. He was busy doing AvP so he didn't direct that, and didn't direct the third film. He returned for 4-6, which were his equivalent of the Star Wars prequels.

There's a reason that as soon as he left the RE series everything fell apart and WTRC was a flop. But the Netflix project is savvier, and trying to imitate what he did that worked, which is to ditch all the game bullshit and create OCs telling their own story.
>The first and second ones are nothing but b-movie tier awfulness
What is "B tier awfulness" about the first film? First film is amazing.

>They are the only 2 games
Kys tranny

Attached: 51qv76.jpg (959x981, 663.22K)

Why are you hyped for RE4make if you hated first-person RE4 so much?

Seething tendie lmao

The netflix show is going to suck dude and you know it. It's not because of the weird casting either.
>They don't own the rights to the movies, but they get as close as they can without getting sued.
How the fuck do they not have the rights to their own shit? That's retarded.

dont pretend you dont see what they did to him. they massacred my boy.

>first-person RE4
More like a mockery of first person RE4

I absolutely despise how Retribution completely forgot that the Red Queen was supposed to be sympathetic, and then Final Chapter (which is a clusterfuck of rewrites and Anderson copypasting sections from his Soldier screenplay) tries to make it all work. In the earlier script, Isaacs was Alicia's son. He wasn't THAT bad. Wesker and Alice fought to the death, and died together. Claire was literally the only character who lived. Also Alice met the WHITE QUEEN not the RED QUEEN, which is why the "Red Queen" in Final Chapter talks nothing like the Red Queen. Also, in the older script, Angie from Apocalypse was the model for the Red Queen. The decision to change it to Alicia was... odd. It's really a strange film.

>ETHAN..NO
Lol, dude just busted in his shit, shot his "wife", takes his kid, then gets him knocked out with no explanation at all.

I didn't watch those movies. It was only the first two.

>How the fuck do they not have the rights to their own shit?
They don't own the films. They own their own version of Resident Evil. Capcom don't own those Sony CG RE films, either. So characters from those movies cannot appear in Capcom's RE games unless a deal is struck with Sony.

If you create a character, and a movie company buys the rights, and they take your character and give them a Fedora, then you can't have your version wear a fedora. Unless you wrote up a contract giving you that kind of power, which Capcom didn't.

So... Nemesis can't have a minigun unless Constantin says okay. Jill can't smoke. Carlos can't hold two pistols in a really sexy way. Ada Wong can't shoot a guy through the shoulder with a grappling hook and then tug him in a scene suspiciously like Batman v Superman made by Zack Snyder, aka the American Paul Anderson. Capcom can't have a boat called Arcadia. Capcom imitate a lot of stuff from RE movies. The little girl in Revelations 2 is clearly based on Alice, who explicitly has the ability to sense BOWs through walls. It's a clear ripoff. But she's distinct enough from Alice that it's okay. They would get in HUGE trouble if she were a little deaf girl that resembles Becky too much, though. Because Constantin could say, "You have clearly taken elements from our iconic action film Resident Evil Retribution, namely the little deaf girl that Alice adopts, Becky, and you have used them and tried to disguise them as your own."

Similarly, the laser corridor in RE4 is similar to Constantin's from the movies (which appears in 4/6 movies by the way because it's so ICONIC) but different enough that it's not infringing.

Event Horizon is his 'decent' one and even that one is very flawed.

Because.. braindead people watch them. Do you not see the gorillions of mongoloid mouthbreathers who watch trashy horror movies or capeshit every month?

Reminder that Paul WS Anderson apologists are genuinely on par with poorfag blacks or slackjawed yokel whitetrash.

>posts a render never seen ingame

Attached: resident evil rebecca 001.jpg (368x386, 29.41K)

Thanks for the explanation.

Hi, Paul. How's the wife?

> farts

Attached: 2e939ff969565d76917bb70bfbb45903.jpg (563x703, 34.39K)