IT REVOLUTIONIZED COMBAT!!!!

>IT REVOLUTIONIZED COMBAT!!!!
>literally just spamming attack and counter to win

Attached: 20200218010047!Batman_Arkham_Asylum_Videogame_Cover.jpg (1600x1200, 1.6M)

kino

>>literally just spamming attack and counter to win
Works for Jap games.

this, so much this

>IT REVOULTIONIZED SHOOTING!!!!!!
>literally just pointing and clicking to win

Attached: file.png (1200x675, 1.26M)

Spamming means you miss the windows and die, tho.

It revolutionized batman games AND batnipples. So, whatever

Imagine this game except with FF7 Remakes combat. Literally my dream game

Prison. Atmosphere. Kino.

>oversimplifying a game makes it sound bad!
Ooh, let me try

>DARK SOULS REVOLUTIONIZED COMBAT!!!!!
>literally just spamming attack and roll to win

You missed the part where you're supposed to oversimplifying.

Knight adds so many improvements to the combat. There's more bullshit but most of it is skill issue.

also known as making you feel like batman
because batman is always prepared

Pic related walked so the Arkham games could run.

Attached: 185458-batman-begins-gamecube-front-cover.jpg (800x1134, 119.32K)

you dont spam it though so youre wrong

one of the very few good movie tie in games. kudos to bale for not thinking vidya was below him. God how weird was it that big blockbusters were almost required to have a game complement.

I need more batman games so I can play as this pussycat

Attached: 1650144301290.jpg (2351x1323, 260.79K)

This only applies to 1st and 2nd games

I remember enjoying this game quite a bit like a decade ago, but I bought the newest one (knight?) on sale a while ago and refunded it because the camera was terrible and it felt like there was massive input delay no matter what I changed

/thread

DMC juggling shit is for autists.

thats called boomer brain

I can't understand the appeal of DMC, those games don't have good combat unless you like breaking your fingers.

it's a good game because you can play it like that or you can mix in various gadgets and special moves and stuff, it's pretty hard to get a 100x hitstreak using 6+ different gadgets against enemies with guns and knives and heavy dudes etc.

knight and origins are just shit

I'd tell you to eat shit and die but you're already way ahead of me

Knight would have been 10x better without the batmobile shit.

actually I just had ice cream

It worked for bamham.

Sorry I meant they're shit on PC. The console versions are fine (maybe?)

They're all the same game, just with different bells and whistles.

The issue is more than just that but how generous the counter windows are and how efficient just spamming attack is. You will rarely have to do anything beyond spamming attack and then pressing counter once you see the giant prompt on your head. You do have other options but they're rarely nuanced enough to be more than just a "throw it here and there once in a while". You get more xp I guess but the game is already generous enough with that so the incentive is nowhere near as big. Also most enemy types and boss fights are kinda bland.
It is more fun than other western combat systems at the time like Ass Creed though so for games with shitty combat it did revolutionize how to make a vapid yet fun melee combat system. You don't even need to be reductive to point out how bland it is.

>those games don't have good combat unless you like breaking your fingers.
hyperbole.

see the post above yours

Dark Souls combat is also simple but it has a big penalty if you get killed which makes combat more tense and forces you to not fuck up so yeah it has better combat solely because of the risk/reward factor which most games lacked during that era.

>that one time Bale tried to pass himself off as a gamer but couldn't even name a single video game to the reporter
Ah, to be a narcissistic sociopath.

>reduce counter window
>delete counter indicator
>make it so you actually have to move+attack to soft-target enemies rather than spamming attack and having batman fly over to random enemies
there i fixed it

Good taste

Hard mode has been the game since asylum.

my favorite one is asylum a shame she isnt in it

Combo autism is indeed shit BUT you don't have to get knee-deep into autistic stuff to start doing some fancy combos.
The game also rates your performance at all times so it becomes more than just "defeat enemies" like most melee action games since you also have to juggle keeping your offensive momentum and do varied combos which makes fights feel more eventful than just killing everything and add an extra incentive to learn how to mix and match each attack and weapon effectively.

>>make it so you actually have to move+attack to soft-target enemies rather than spamming attack and having batman fly over to random enemies
now you made it slow and clunky

Good, slow and clunky means you have to put care into when you perform your inputs.

its like that in ninja gaiden and batman has better camera angles

Literally all you have to do as somebody inexperienced in DMC games is use the guns to keep your combo and hit people

Not that user but stop trying to make bamham play like a typical action game. That's not what the game is about.

that is in fact all i did

What is it about?

being batman

Sounds like you’d rather watch batman than be batman.

Yeah, i want to watch batman do cool shit while I press buttons on a controller.

kek

Attached: FLmspW4WQAA7a6P.jpg (518x517, 33.28K)

I'd agree if it didn't have the typical action game trappings around said button mashing

E.g. points and rankings, rewards and challenges, it challenges you to get better but there's very little depth to explore

Tell me where did japan hurt you

Attached: 1646617800996.webm (700x394, 2.91M)

Just watch a batman movie while you mash X on a controller then

It reminds me of beat em ups, simple and fub, no leveling numbers bullshit, just game

Spider-man PS4 did it better.

It challenges you to vary your combo as much as possible. You can get by in the story doing the minimum, but to get higher scores, you're supposed to use every tool at your disposal.
Or I can just play bamham where I have direct control over the character.

It's incredible how a 3/10 licensed game managed to kill the entire action genre in the west when you think about it. It wasn't even good for cape standards, and those games tend to suck.

lol

I'm trying to recreate this combat system, having never actually played the game. Wish me luck!

It's easy, just make the character zip to the nearest target no matter how far, with no inputs but the attack button, and give infinite iframes for contextual dodging with an activation window wide enough for 7th gen kiddies/your grandma to react in time.

fun fact, in asylum you could kill people in the botanical gardens

still better than weebshit

I'm pissed that the Wolverine game came out the same year as this and was way more fun, but this shit ended up inspiring action games for the next decade instead. I loved lunging at people yards away, stabbing the fuck out them or climbing up a giant sentinel with my claws like it was Shadow of the Collossus.

Attached: f4a040ff1245ea30a13697d456611f9f.jpg (1280x720, 124.27K)

So glad this shit hasn't caught on.

I will never understand why bamham makes people like you seethe so much.
>it ruined action games!
Those games weren't going to be good even if they copied a game you liked, you dumb bitch.

Not a single being in the history of the universe has ever complimented bamham combat, much less called it revolutionary.

It's shit. It ruined a genre. It's not rocket science, are Bamham players clinically retarded?

this was very common in PS2 era, and with spider-man games too.
BamHam just perfected it