The eternal debate

the eternal debate

Attached: image (42).jpg (500x1044, 49.45K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aliexpress.com/item/32880216493.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

anal log

Dualsense

Attached: 952FBDB8-EB46-48E8-94C3-8CE46AB41F9A.jpg (1242x2194, 1.16M)

the middle controller shouldn't even be there. most dog shit controller ive ever been cursed to wield

For fighting games, pic related has the best d-pad by far out of the main console pads. DS4 is okay for general use but it's kinda small in my hands.

Attached: 1620441894185.jpg (1200x795, 94.23K)

Dualshock 4.

Probably the only thing I hate about PS5 right now. Hate having to use that colossal controller instead of the DS4.

Debate over.

Attached: Microsoft-Xbox-Series-X-Wireless-Controller-Carbon-Black.jpg (1152x1152, 54.23K)

i like all three

girls pushing a log out of their anal

Love this controller for 2d shit. Amazing dpad and I wish I had a hori just like it, but with anal sticks.

Attached: 41G1ysqBQyL.jpg (500x419, 27.52K)

Why haven't controllers really advanced much since the 90s?

Attached: peak performance.jpg (2048x1536, 1.55M)

You left out the big boys

Attached: 210E7C0B-6562-4355-8A08-B77860BE1D7F.jpg (1200x628, 147.68K)

What adapter is that friend?

still can't believe people think the dualshock 4 was good when it had such horrible battery life. I wonder if they fixed that shit with the new ones

Attached: xbox-series-x-blue-controller.jpg (1456x806, 100.22K)

I cannot imagine it being any better on dualsense because those retarded vibration triggers

>eternal
abso-fucking-lutely not. Switch Pro controllers D-Pad is the hottest of hot garbage and the big creases on the handles get filled with gunk So unless you shower everyday like some normal fag it's the hardest to clean. Steam controller is a fucking meme. DS4 is the only option, though Dualsense might be a contender, I haven't used it yet.

maybe I'm a fucking psycho but I want the joysticks on the back of the handles.

Attached: 1643787829813.jpg (1000x1117, 218.22K)

Not really. It might be a tiny bit longer, but it still runs out way faster than my Series S controller which goes 30+ hours at least.

Stadia controller is fucking garbage

kebidu, windows detects it as a ps3 controller

you need an older version of scp drivers for it to work properly

Anyone who used and liked the steam controller is either getting paid to like it or is clinically insane

there is no debate
we all know what is the best

Switch is best for action games and wireless gaming (60 hours)
Xbox is best for shooters because of the triggers
DS5 has not impressed me in the slightest

>no gyro

It actually has pretty reasonable battery life, at least from my experience. Definetly way better than the shitty dualshock 4 battery, but not nearly as good as the switch's pro controller

>playing shooters with a controller

>wagglan
kys

>being bad at videogames
lmao

Found the person that never played any game with gyro past the wii

It's not as good as mouse and keyboard but for single player fps games it's a joy, mgs 5 and re4 are good examples of gyro making a game better
>he doesn't know

>using batteries ever when you can just buy a usb hub and just put it in the couch cushions
being doing this 360/ps3 while all my friends whine year after year about batteries, its a problem so easily solved.

Gyro is basically only good for Splatoon and I'm someone that likes the switch controller best
Splatoon having barely any aim assist only works due to the typically enormous hitboxes on attacks or huge damage for precision weapons plus smaller arenas. It's essentially designed around the idea of everyone sucking at aiming and the game not helping.

>non symmetrical layout
symmetrical layouts work better for how you want your hands for most games, its silly and far more uncomfortable to do the opposite.

Dpad is legit dogshit just like the 360 controller plus it needs batteries.

eggsbox 360
turn 360 degrees from your list and walk out.

>far more uncomfortable
Quite literally the opposite. I don't think i've seen many asymmetrical controllers that don't fit how the hand naturally holds a controller.

>>wagglan

Attached: 1635178751104.gif (275x400, 33.68K)

Literally not the case for any genre because left analog is the most used part of the left front side of the controller and buttons are the most used right side
Console shooters have so much aim assist you barely touch the right analog except at mid or long range.

Never use DS3 adapters, get one that converts the signals to a xbox controller or gives you both options, on windows its a huge pain.

You have never used it if you think it is in any way similar to the 360 dpad outside of vaguely looking similar. The clickyness of it allows for much more accurate inputs compared to the squishier DS4 dpads. It also doesn't have the issue where hitting the edge of one of the directions will lead to diagonal inputs that all DS4 controllers(that they didn't even bother improving for the ps5).
That said DS4 is still great for fightan but the dpad isn't really better.

>2011+11
>defending dildo wagglan
ishygddt

6-7 hours is bad?

For FPSes, I enjoy the Steam Controller for being able to bind multiple buttons to pressing different directions on the touch pad. Since it's a trackpad, I can lift my finger to press up on it without doing any camera movement, and without sacrificing a button to toggle a similar feature on an analog stick.
Also, back paddles.
For other games I use a DS4.

it works fine, vibration and all with xinput using scp server driver

Why are you sticking dualshock 4s up your ass

The Steam Controller had potential for future iterations to be great. But Valve being Valve they probably forgot about the whole thing already.

i dont know about you but i dont use controllers made in the past 20 years cause im not a fucking faggot

Isn't the steal controller basically in limbo right now because of an ongoing legal dispute over the back buttons

Is there any recommended adapter for PS1/2 controllers on PC? I don't know if those chink adapters that are literally just a socket spliced into a usb cable are any good, I want to be able to use the pressure sensitive buttons and rumble and such.

they haven't bothered because they already got patent trolled for using underside buttons and had to pay for it. its why literally nobody even tries underside buttons and wont and until the patent is up.

I forget what shit licensed controller company holds the patent but I think valve was actually trying to dispute their rights to the patent. They probably gave up on it when they realized it would take work and not make them money though.

i use this aliexpress.com/item/32880216493.html with my ps1 controller, windows detects the adapter as a ps3 controller, even with nothing plugged into it. The R1/L2 buttons emulate the trigger axis being pulled back all the way instantaneously, and rumble works with SCP-DS-Driver-Package-1.2.0.160 using xinput.

I'm not sure about how the DS2 pressure buttons work though

R2/L2 buttons*

Debate isn't over yet. I own both PS5 and Series X and that free robot game on the former showed me the PS5 controller has insane possibilities if game creators can take advantage of it. I literally felt like I was using a controller in the rain.

Until then though, Xbox is clear winner.

Bought the Steam controller for $5. Waiting till it gets closer to holidays and eBaying it. Barely used it and still is mint in box. Hopefully, they'll still be selling well. Maybe it would be worth keeping if I didn't already get the Steam Deck. But with GPU unavailability, I've said fuck it to PC gaming. And it's just not worth me putting in all the effort for a controller I can't fix or replace it if breaks. That's why the sell high. If you're hooked on it, you're fucked.

I liked the Wii U pro controller because I have big hands

I use the DS4 with a Pro Controller as backup. I have a PS4, PC and Switch and never plan on getting an Xbox so there's no point buying their controller.

Is Flick Stick still going on? Last I heard it was forever they put up a YouTube video.

It's a shame. Seemed to be going strong at first. Linus and Steam gave thumbs up. So much potential, but I haven't heard much since.

This and Steam Controller have 80 hours. Also they're the best controllers there is. You just choose wich one you use depending on the game.

Attached: pro.jpg (3800x2700, 2.68M)

>plus it needs batteries.
That makes it better.

steam controller
other than having shitty analog it's great
the left touchpad is useless though, i'd much rather from what i remember
there are still games like enter the gungeon or hollow knight that wouldn't work too well on a steam controller too

Compared to other controllers it is but most of the time it doesn't matter that much.

If you are not bad at games you won't need gyro.

steam controller is the best one there
its so fucking good, i beat every dark souls and did hundreds of hours of pvp on it

as shit as nintendo is now at least they understand that the most important thing in a wireless controller is a good battery life.

I've honestly been thinking of just hard wiring some cables into my DS4s and DS3s at this point and taking the batteries out.

The PlayStation controller is just objectively better to be honest. I don’t want my analogue sticks placed diagonally it feels weird and gimmicky as fuck and I’m amazed it’s still a standard feature. Switch controller is basically “oh shit we gotta make a real controller option, let’s just make our own DualShock but worse.”

DS2/3/4

I’ve never been compelled to not plug the damn thing in at some point. The battery life thing is such a non issue for me.

>switch left stick develops a deadzone when holding forward
>xbone controller LB gets sticky and doesn't register half the time
>got the PS4 controller before all of them, still works fine
seriously?

I did that, pretty easy. You can also just remove the battery without any hardwiring.