Starfield

Are you ready for Todd’s magnum opus?

Attached: 648FBF6C-C6AD-4497-8767-6FE33AF04C6E.jpg (1334x750, 264.69K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LA1sA5MD8J0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

WTF is the scale in that image?

The particles in planetary rings aren't just fine dust, you wouldn't see the curvature if a ship was close enough to cast a shadow that large.

This game is gonna be science fantasy shit like Mass Effect isn't it?

>Gamebryo
My Skepticism is through the roof on this one

>This game is gonna be science fantasy shit like Mass Effect isn't it?
What were you expecting it to be?

the Starfield hype and post-release disappointment only serves to bring Chris Roberts more money for Star Citizen

Attached: F7A_MkII_-_Flying_through_debris_field.jpg (1920x1080, 259.03K)

It hasn't failed us yet

here's that interesting world you wanted bro. hope you like mining rocks in procedurally generated planets

Attached: 1631376148060.jpg (1920x1080, 265.38K)

it's concept art

Hard sci fi games like elite dangerous don’t sell

Elden Ring 2 just revealed

Y I K E S

boy oh boy I can't wait for discussion about this game to turn into nothing but the pocket protector dweebs nitpicking pointless shit all day long and killing interest in the one game Todd has really wanted to make his whole life

>intro cutscene plays
>you wake up from a long hibernation in a cryostatis chamber
>as the ice melts rapidly you begin regaining sight
>one of the crew members approaches
>he has your clothes ready
>before he releases you from the pod, he speaks to you in a calm voice
>"Hey, you. You're finally awake."
>The Elder Scrolls 6: Starfield shows up on your screen

Attached: avatars-000732355252-cts5m3-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 49.74K)

>Mass Effect is science fantasy
How? Its pretty hard science fiction last time I checked? Whats your idea of a non scifi game fucking dune poop suits? Fuck off hyperrealism fag, every game your kind creates is trash

Attached: 5c659611ed3d3d6bdf058253d31e8752a2bdf3679006c9f4c8d7ce375e9d3850.jpg (480x360, 48.31K)

Wow, it looks like shit, probably because you literally cut and pasted shit in to make it all look like shit.

Attached: Mirror.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

it literally has magic energy that not only gives people psychic powers, but also powers warp engines, makes artificial gravity possible, and powers every gun in the game. And just because they try to explain the bullshit science behind it, that doesn't make it anything less than magic.

yeah retard, i'm sure taking out the photoshopped 3rd person model from the screenshot is totally going to make those barren planets interesting all of a sudden.

already coping?

>Mass Effect
>Hard science fiction

Hard science fiction is defined by being rooted in known scientific principles, or those that are logically plausible in the future taking into account current trends in the advancement of related technologies. Ancient alien tech that allows FTL travel is not hard sci-fi.

>Nigger violinist
As if
>In a White man's space ship
Bahahaha

Holy fuck I'm soo pirating this woke trash

>Gamebryo
>Z-axis

Attached: original.jpg (750x736, 104.1K)

I'm ready for Bethesda to take a shit on my plate again

>space game with an engine that can barely handle all three axis
lel

this shit is going to be hilariously janky and i'll be buying it day 1. ya seethe?

It's science fantasy dude. All the nitty gritty is handwaved away by what is essentially just space magic.

more like MAGNUM FLOPUS lmao

Im simply going to play it, it doesnt matter. Not day 1 or anything, wont matter how shit the reviews are and how derided it is, i'll be compelled to try it regardless.

Ready to be disappointed. Also ready for lots of bugs, at least twice that of Cyberpank.

Attached: img (7).gif (500x282, 1.28M)

>And just because they try to explain the bullshit science behind it, that doesn't make it anything less than magic.
Yeah fuck off retard. Thats still sci fi, especially since they explained it. Its tied to the lore of how they can use FTL travel and is literally the namesake of the fucking game. Its called Science FICTION. You can have FICTIONAL things in Science FICTION. By your logic any technological advancement or material beyond what we currently have is impossible and so sci fi in your eyes consists of people aging to death on 5000 year space trips while having their fingers fall off, nice sci fi game homo. Kys.

Attached: pink_guy_yelling_rage_screaming_reaction_by_prettydictures_de9f2cv-fullview.jpg (702x702, 33.32K)

t. IQs below 120 who try to act smarter than they actually are by debating the definition of science fiction

Do you think this game will let me use a melee weapon and rapidly left click like a monkey against enemies with increasingly large health bars?

Its closer to Star Wars than Star Trek, c'mon.

>biotics

>its totally not magic bro

Attached: image_2022-05-01_023843191.png (744x517, 521.31K)

T H A N K G O D T H E R E A R E N O L A D D E R S I N S P A C E

Not science fiction, specifically HARD science fiction. Mass Effect is definitely science fiction, there is no doubt about that. But it isn't hard science fiction, as was claimed.

>Implying Star Trek is anything but Science Fantasy
It's "descriptions" never go beyond the Word Salad they create with whatever wording they can find, regardless of what those actual words mean. I'd rather a setting at least seem thought out with it's future tech than just "Oh that's just the Photonic Radiation from the Quantum Dilithium Phase Container"

the fi in scifi means fiction

There are degrees of fiction. Technology that is extrapolated from existing science and tech is hard sci-fi because, while fictional, its basis is in real technology.

The rings are very far away, that's why the shadow is blurry.

If the ship is that big how could it have those absolutely massive glass panels

We have seen one bit of a barren planet in game sure but that doesn't mean every planet is barren, most of the concept art has shown planets with a lot of flora

What do you mean by "that big"? The ship isn't that big, as I said. it's just closer to the viewer than the rings.

Speaking of cryo pods I hope the game does the space is dark thing of having you be from long in the past and having been frozen and woken up in the present day
youtube.com/watch?v=LA1sA5MD8J0

Is enders game not hard sci fi just because it runs on a single fantastic concept of faster than light communication

The game has variable gravity, i'm sure they have this aspect figured out

I personally find most space themed games really boring, Outer Wilds had some neat planets and I liked how trippy it got, I doubt Bethesda is gonna get weird with it though if they're keeping it grounded in our reality.

Star trek has more mumbo jumbo in it than star wars does

But wouldn't that make the shadow much smaller

Yeah okay it would.

The philotic parallax instantaneous communicator is not a major story element like the mass relays in Mass Effect are and is, as you say, an exception to an otherwise rather hard setting.

A complete purist would probably argue that it isn't hard sci-fi due to one misstep, but I'm not a complete purist.

This game already exists and is called Outer Worlds. Oh and Outer Wilds 2.

>Wilds 2
meant worlds 2.

How did Outer Worlds and Outer Wilds come out in the same fucking year? Whos shitty idea was that?

ZERO GAMEPLAY

Remember kids, when some retard calls a game "woke", it's probably because he saw a black person doing something kind of cool in a random background detail.

Remember kids, when some leftist retard faggot who doesn't belong here tries to gaslight, it's probably because the overwhelming obviousness of reality is impossible to overcome unless he tries to convince you you aren't seeing what you're seeing

i find it funny that some mentally ill parasite loses his mind over that poster. based bethesda

>HELP IM BEING GASLIT

Attached: your meds schizo.jpg (739x739, 94.25K)

>This game is gonna be shit

Unless Outer Worlds had some Manual Space Flight sections and fully customizable Starships, then I don't think it's Starfield, user.

>This game is gonna be science fantasy shit like Mass Effect isn't it?

It is straight up functionally impossible for your average retard to be satisfied with anything else. They're unimaginative retards, the only thing that will satisfy retards is retard shit like science fantasy.

Niggers won't be allowed in space.

elite dangeorus isn't hard scifi and it was made by and for the niggercattle consumer forumdad retards who want science fantasy crap like we see in every single scifi anything ever

Actually I am curious if she will be an actual character
and as long as we are going to make it racial if she is i'm gonna use mods to colonize her

It will be shit

Attached: 1647658388668.webm (1600x900, 1.01M)