I never played spyro when I was younger, is it actually good or are people blinded by nostalgia?

I never played spyro when I was younger, is it actually good or are people blinded by nostalgia?

Attached: file.png (1024x1024, 1.6M)

First game is great I love it. I haven't played the sequels but from what I understand 2 and 3 are also good. Everything after PS1 though is inferior. This seems to be the consensus across the internet on Spyro.

Also Spyro's original design is still better than the remaster design.

Why are the flying levels so unforgiving? You can't get a single second wrong or else you lose.

It's a really fun platformer with good music and aesthetics. If you're into collecting every 'coin' in a level kind of game, you'll enjoy the series.

Spyro 2 is great, Spyro 1 is almost great, Spyro 3 sucks ass, fuck the buddies, fuck the skating, I just wanna play as Spyro

it's all nostalgia, crash is actually good without nostalgia glasses unlike shitro

I'm blinded by Faun bush

Attached: 1651382970857.jpg (1024x1311, 155.89K)

opposite for me, crash is boring and one note

The first 3 games are alright, don't expect more now that Microsoft owns it.
Most of the fanbase are autistic furfags tho

Spyro 1 is kind of shit and has really sloppy design.
Spyro 2 & 3 are decent collectathons.

You guys do know that being "blinded by nostalgia" isn't an actual thing right? In order for people to claim that an old game is good, it means that they've played it enough times, you know because it was that good, to where their positive experience with it remains fresh in their heads. Everyone on here never hesitates to admit that a game they liked during their childhood has flaws or god forbid has aged badly as a whole. Not once have I ever encountered a person who claims to love a game yet has never touched it since they were children. Stop being duped by the gaslighting from shills and bored shitposters.

Attached: Arrow Riptoc.png (231x282, 137.96K)

sex with the dragons

Completely disagree. I always liked Spyro better. In fact Spyro is pretty much the perfect game. I can't think of any flaws. Crash has a very 2D feel to the games actually. They feel like very early 3D games and considering the intention of why Crash even exists it makes sense actually.

warm and fluffy...

git gud retard

Spyro: 1 > 3 > 2
Crash: 2 > 1 > 3

The only Spyro I game I played as a kid was Enter the Dragonfly on GCN and I hated it. Anyway the classic Spyro trilogy is really fun. I loved Spyro, fucking loved Spyro 2 and relaly liked Spyro 3. Give em a shot

I 100% all three of them the 1st time and 1 is the best.

Me neither, and you know why? Because there was a bunch od other franchises better than spyro at the time, i have no idea what kind of kid played spyro over crash, mario, sonic, mega man, pacman or banjo

luckily you don't lose anything from failing them except time
the trick is to find a route through which you can get every objective and for most of em it works out, albeit with one or two out-of-the-way sets of objects that significantly interrupt the route - e.g. the treasure chests in sunny flight - but for the most part it flows okay

>spyro 2 not being the best
>Spyro 3 not being last

>Crash: 2 > 1 > 3
i heard it was 3 ≥ 2 >>> 1
i've only played the first in the n.sane trilogy and it's hard as shit, sunset vista fuckin sucked

It's a pretty simplistic collect-a-thon. It's intended for children, but it's a fun one of those.

>simplistic
Those mini games though or going for 100%. Not overly annoying but far from free

My family was never well off in anyway, but what makes you think back then people only bought one game or franchise? I loved both Spyro and Crash.

2 was unfinished trash. they cut so much from it.

>muh 4th homeworld theory

it was garbage in comparison to 1 and 3. i'd rank some of the ps2 spyro games above it.

Was the performance issues fixed? The game struttered hard when I turned around too fast.

>i'd rank some of the ps2 spyro games above it.
Then you want to go stick your head in an oven. I'd rank the original trilogy in the order they came out, but they're still fantastic, and everything after is an insult.

On PC? I've never encountered that, but i bought it probably a year after launch, so possibly?

They're ok, unless you like platforming and collecting everything it's going to feel like a baby game.

skylanders was okay
i started enjoying it after thrift stores selling em for like 2 bucks each

>On PC?
Yeah. Well, there is a good chance my version was somehow fucked because I've YO HO HO AND A BOTTLE OF RUM it I always do this before buying., but I know other peeople also had the problem with performance on different platforms.

Attached: 1543835376181.jpg (650x633, 94.76K)

>blinded by nostalgia
*blinded by fetishism, some of whom will deny it tooth and nail

Played it for the first time last year and it was great. Just plain, simple fun. 1st one is the best, the others become minigames galore and annoying characters, but still fun too.

no-stalgia.

dont bother

I think so, yeah, my potato laptop finally ran it after I got a copy of it from Steam.

I remember the Switch version having issues, but of course that did, and i know the PS4 was locked at 30, so there's a possibility there were issues there, but I'd say the PC version is fixed, because I've played a lot of it and not had a single issue.

Crash is generic soulless platforming trash that is literally only liked by furfags

>Spyro 1 is kind of shit and has really sloppy design.

Explain

I've only played Spyro 1, It's pretty good but people are acting like it's one of the best 3D collectathons ever when it's just fine.

also fuck japan for ruining the franchise there

I tried the remaster but goddamn did the camera being up Spyro's ass annoy me.
Year of our Lord 2020+2 and they still didn't include a FOV slider.
I know there's some kind of mod fix out there but I don't want to bother to get smothered by bara dragons and shit.
Original Spyro 1 upscaled in Duckstation looks great, the gems look so nice and crisp.

Both? I don't know, I loved it as a kid but I think your take is going to depend on your feelings on oldschool 3D collectathons.

Going back to it now, I liked most of the visuals and the music made me nostalgic, but it's not a complicated series.

Spyro 1 is the best, but 3 is good and 2 is alright, save for all the minigames sucking all the dicks

Attached: spyro thread.jpg (750x991, 148.95K)

I played them when I was a kid. Played the 1st game of the remastered trilogy then got bored. They were good games for the time, they haven’t aged very well. Crash is still a super fun platformer that I could play right now. Spyro not so much.

omega shit taste

Remakes are worst then the originals.

Pirate it and find out for yourself.

first one was the most fun for me, 2 had better story but i didn't like the minigame/quest style design. I prefer the idea of navigating a level and find shit for myself.
also i liked the reignited trilogy art style, it's extremely different from the originals but i still enjoyed it as its own take on the purple dragon. It's not like you can't find a way to play the originals

I'm so glad Activision killed that shit company after finding out how badly they fucked up Crash/Spyro. I doubt Microsoft has the gusto to try another revival so both IP's are pretty much dead. Deader than they've ever been. Its sad but also cathartic.

Because the rest of the game is a zen cakewalk

1 is good
2 is great
3 sucks dick
t. played through all of them (PS1 versions) for the first time a few months ago

3 is great up until the last home world in my experience

Midnight Mountain has some of the best levels though

the bonus world in 3 is straight up unfinished, I refuse to accept they properly tested it with how janky things like the race and especially the final boss are. Without even trying, I totally broke the final boss on my first attempt and got her stuck in an infinite loop where she could do nothing while I freely attacked.
the shift from "there are some minigames in this world" to "the world exists as an excuse for more shitty minigames" really ruins 3, and the new characters all play pretty terribly.
If you took the gimmicks out of 3 there would be about an hour of gameplay left, it's ridiculous.

Nah he's right, Crash can be actually challenging which makes it stay relevant. Spyro had pretty graphics for its time but not much else

This desu

Spyro the Dragon (1st) is kind of an understated masterpiece in game design. The music, the art direction, the storytelling focused on showing instead of telling, and most important of all the pacing. While the sequels and their unlockable skills brought nice variety, it was at the cost of pacing; you could no longer 120% the game in one sitting, instead forced to revisit earlier stages just to climb a ladder or break a rock.

Dare is say it? Spyro 1 is the Dark Souls of collectathon platformers.

They're good comfy games but very easy, even a child could 100% them without a lot of effort.

Passed the games as a kid, and bought Spyro Reignited when I was on sick leave (have over 100% on all games). Would recommend the game, and the people did a good job with the graphics, animation and style really a beautiful game. The gameplay is nice and easy didn't have any problems.