I saw someone say "When will there be a TF2 replacement." Does there need to be a TF2 replacement...

I saw someone say "When will there be a TF2 replacement." Does there need to be a TF2 replacement? TF2 is still around and playable.

Attached: vvneafmfvfr31.png (412x614, 390.84K)

It would be nice if there was a contemporary TF2 that still got updates just to keep things fresh. But games like it can really only come from artist enclave type studios, which aside from ZA/UM and maybe Icepick Lodge just don't exist anymore.

We need an anime hero shooter, that shit would make bank.

The thing about ever making a "TF3" is that TF2 has so much content, and so much player investment, that there's really no reason to make a TF3. If there were, it would just be TF2 2 and probably with a bunch of the existing content ported. So...you're just remaking TF2 in Source 2.

That would be so stupid haha. Imagine making a sequel to your objective-based team shooter but its exactly the same game with minor feature and just calling it "Something 2" lmao like fr no one would be stupid enough to be okay with that

Attached: SataniaLaugh.jpg (1280x720, 309.1K)

There's not really anything you could do to justify a TF3 that wouldn't be considered feature/mode-bloat at a point to justify it. Only thing that ages TF2 mainly is map scale w/o having a lot of LoD/prop fades required. Its aesthetic is pretty timeless and the general texture resolution of the cast & environment holds up to today.

While I respect the studios you named, I don't really understand what's so special about TF2 that it could "only come from artist enclave type studios."

>there is one guy out there who is so LIVID over the existence of TF2 that he’s sending out bots to type stuff like “get a life” and “valve has forgotten about you” in the chat
vote kick + F1, oi demo charge in

The game was in development for nine years and was created by a confluence of some of the finest minds in the whole industry in terms of design, writing, voice acting, and direction. It underwent an insane amount of refinement and playtesting to create what is pretty darn close to the perfect video game, and notably those things are true of all Valve games created at the time. No studio driven by profit would put that level of investment into their games nor would it attract that level of talent to fill every facet.

I'm glad I asked for elaboration. You explained that quite well.

Overwatch was the TF2 replacement. Unfortunately Blizzard shat the bed with that though.

Can someone explain this to me? Why are there thousands of bots running around in casual? How is this problem not solved yet? Why are they only in casual and no where else?

Attached: confused_rangers.gif (200x183, 428.21K)

Game is free, so banned people just make another account for their botting
Valve doesnt give a shit so they run rampant

>why are there thousand of bots running around in casual
Nobody knows for sure but the two popular theories are that its either trolls wanting the game to die and having a hateboner for it (who knows why, perhaps they got scammed of their expensive backpacks and want revenge) or its a conspiracy by community server owners to drive players away from casual and into their servers (uncle dane seems highly suspicious of this based on circumstantial evidence
>How is this problem not solved yet
TF2 source code got leaked which gives the bot-runners and their kind a massive advantage. That and Valve assigns a skeleton crew to tf2 and they cant do shit (there could be as little as 3 devs currently working at least part time on tf2).
>why are they only in casual and nowhere else
Community servers are actively moderated and can have a lot of configurations not present in casual like preventing any free to play from being able to access the server, etc

Thanks for the info anons. Maybe one day it will get better.

I would play community servers but lately every single one of them has been unplayably laggy for me for some inexplicable reason. It didn't used to be that way and my ping holds steady around 5 on local servers. Simulating a full server of bots playing solo (24-32 bots) ALSO isn't laggy for me, neither is casual matchmaking, but online community servers are unplayable.

Somebody help me figure this out because casual is flooded by bots right now and I haven't been able to finish a single game.

>just remaking TF2 in Source 2
don't stop, I'm about to cum

I made an account when it was free and got a buch of untradeable halloween crap
Its all still there so what now

Somebody *please help me figure this out.
>Every community server I've tried, even physically close to my region, lags to an unplayable level.
I don't know why this is considering:
>casual matchmaking on Valve servers doesn't lag, but bots also make it unplayable
>my ping on these unplayable community servers has otherwise been stable and hasn't exceeded 40
>simulating a full 32 player server with bots for solo matches, cpu intensive, does NOT also lag me out of a game, somehow
>Changing visual settings has no effect

I dropped out of school when the TF2 beta came out.

The only people who say "tf2 is still playable" are people who started playing after it was already bad, and don't have anything to compare it to.
The truth of the matter is that if you started playing tf2 after it went free to play, you never played the real team fortress 2, you played a pale imitation of what was once the greatest multiplayer shooter ever.

2009-2013 is the peak of TF2

I would love a TF3 that's like early days TF2. It would be the first full priced game I'd buy in about 5 years. I'm not deluded enough to think that's possible though. TF2 is a wasteland filled with utter junk.

I doubt I'll ever play a Valve game again. Since their Half Life sequel was a VR exclusive I simply gave up. They're just another dev now.

the people who say this, barely played tf2 and latch onto to nostalgia

The game is dead and Valve isn’t updating it anymore

this

Attached: phillipbankss-demo.png (600x900, 162.35K)

I played before f2p and enjoy it more now than ever. Modern map making has improved. Pier is objectively better than Dustbowl. Changes like engi being able to move his buildings has expanded gameplay drastically. Every class has benefited from new additions.

The bots are killing it, though.

QA tester lol

It worked for L4D2, only reason that one died out was because the devs left to make that shitty evolv game, and the updates stopped happening altogether.

What do you do now?

Everything went to shit after F2P update

>use mym
>bots
>use server browsers
>furfags, custom crap, modified parameters
It's dead

TF2 will literally never die no matter how much OW faggots spam the catalog saying this just because a bunch of autistic retards decide to start hosting a bunch of bots, flooding casual mode in the meantime. It just won't happen because no other multiplayer FPS game has come even close to the level of mastery TF2 achieved back in 2007. There's a reason why it's managed to last for so long, even after being attacked and left in such a sorry state by its own creators who refuse to work on the game.

>Does there need to be a TF2 replacement?
yes, without a shadow of doubt. when? yesterday
tf2 is fun and all but its plagued with bad performance issues even on the latest and best 2022 hardware, requiring configs that drop its quality to pastiche rubber pixel actual literal dx8 shit for a constant 300 fps (the optimal Source fps. lower than 90 and you start getting I/O lag. the new game should fix this too like many others do) for a 2007 game in a 2013 engine??

also, bugs. oh god so many bugs. nonsensical level design issues that lead to splashbugs are insane. the ui breaks easily in 10 different ways. 3/10 chance of crashing when joining a server. funny interp settings break certain classes. the default smoothing literally lies to you about your peers' realtime status, thankfully that can be turned off. quantum crouching breaks the sniper. the pyro's new airblast is broken.
a worthy TF3 that emphasizes player (as in, you) freedom and community effort with lootbox/matchmaking shit removed or at least out of the way would be the game of the next 3 decades, given how things are going

You mean Mannconomy

Because valve doesnt give a shit and because valve doesnt give a shit

tf2 is a bloated carcass that had carnivorous ants unleashed on it in the form of matchmaking

We need sequel for TFC. Or a least resurrect TFC, the only good team based online shooter.

TF2
You want TF2
Here is some TF2!!!!!!
>Loud brapping echos through the map
>Camera cuts to the RED base
>Heavy is sitting on Scout's face while brapping
>He's eating beans
>Scout is visibly erect
>Pulls out a hot pepper
>Eats it
>Eyes go wide
>Drumbounce.mp3
>"Uh oh!"
>Lets out an atomic brap
>Scoutdeathscream.mp3
>Heavy gets up
>Scout's face is on fire
>"FIYA FIYA FIYA!!!"
>Sniper runs in and throws a mason jar at the Scout
>"I upgraded mates"
>Heavy looks at the Scout
>The jar was full of chunky half liquid shit
>Scout pops a boner again
>Demoman walks in and begins fucking Scout in the ass
>Scout braps hard and inflates the demo
>Drunkennigsounds.mp3
>"I've got two dickets to the cum show and I'm not giving em to ya! I'm going with YOUR dickets!"
>Demo floats away
>Spy leaps up and grabs the demo's legs
>"Well, off to visit your mother!"
>Spy's hands slips and he falls, impaling his ass on the end of the Blu Sniper's gun, because the Sniper was one of the bots constantly looking up and spinning
>Spydeathscream.mp3
>Spy begins pissing and sharting from the experience
>Engineer and Medic watch all of this with a concerned look on their faces

It's just zoomers losing their minds over a game not being exactly like Fortnite and getting nonstop updates every week.

>its Zoomers fault on expectations!

Ah yes, dropping after Jungle Inferno, leaving the last comic issue in limbo, not even doing saxxys anymore, radio silence with the occasional crate wave and MAYBE a response or patch in piecemeal going on 4 years now is zoomers expecting too much.

All i want is closure at this point, it can return to the lack of much with the minor community updates for all i care but it just feels like it ran off without saying goodbye.

Attached: 1649291723058.gif (329x302, 224.56K)

>noooo i want muh updates RIGHT NOW MOM!!!!

it worked for left 4 dead because the game was barebones, just boot up the game, find a match and kill. Tf2 has an economy and a bunch of intricate systems. The switch for CS:S to CS:GO is similar. CS:S is just a regular game, CSGO on the other hand has skins that cost tens of thousands, i doubt valve would let go of that cash cow and I doubt the autists playing would be fine if their thousand dollar inventory was abandonned

>notably those things are true of all Valve games created at the time
The mid 00's were a time when Valve was making a ton of money from things that weren't games, so they didn't see it as much of a risk to take their time in trying to perfect everything they did. Pretty much everything from HL2 to DOTA 2 (yes I know ASSFAGGOTS blah blah blah) was made with a level of craftsmanship not often seen in the industry. And then the realized that they were making SO much money that they got lazy and stopped caring to develop anything at all.
In many ways I think Valve's story is the least satisfying of any studios rise and fall, because at least with Square or Blizzard you get to sit there and laugh your ass off at the dumpster fire they became.
With Valve, there's no schadenfreude. They just stopped.

>TF2 is still around and playable.
No it isn't. It's been gutted and stuffed full of shit to the point it's unplayable these days. It will never be like it was in 2011.

I'm in super secret

I also feel for the new blood that's working at Valve that has to live up to that legacy. Some new kid probably got on staff thinking he'd be making videogames, probably managed to make a decent prototype for a fun game, but when compared to everything else Valve's made it either gets put back into the oven that is development hell or abandoned outright because they couldn't figure out how to make it more fun.

>search community servers
>every active server is either a 2fort or a wacky game mode
>get on casual mode
>same shit but the least played maps and game modes are full of bots
>competitive is dead in my region
Whatever happened to the TF2 mod devs that Valve contacted not long ago?

doubly funny when you realize the "2" is just a patch they market as a sequel to try and desperately rekindle the flame of popularity.
At least it's a free upgrade, but that imho makes it worse because they left the game to rot so they could build a big patch for marketing purpouse and grossly underestimated the time it would take to make one

Yes, TF3 will replace it.

I want a TF2 fork with none of the economy shit.
Start with stock weapons and roll out the weapon updates incrementally over a period of years.
No hat shit, no accessory shit, no fucking emotes, no killstreak weapons, no effects, NO BLOATED GARBAGE.
None of this will ever happen, of course.
At best TF3 will launch with the marketplace, trading, and microtransactions as the guiding design principle.
I can dream, though.

Attached: 1636555916704.jpg (3553x1275, 1.3M)

>It worked for L4D2, only reason that one died out was because the devs left to make
Actually it died because the "Community" make god weep with the sheer depth of their gay faggotry. So now nobody touches it (for good reason) unless they have a full group to play it with none of the retards from "The Community".
Sort of unfortunately TF2's got a similar issue with "The Community" getting Valve to kill most of the user servers available.

Attached: coach.jpg (1280x720, 36.02K)

This faggot again, deja vu
>TF2 is still around and playable
Valve servers are bot-infested hack vs hack, and community servers are soulless trash

Attached: 1645816891894.jpg (431x612, 54.7K)

You can still play a decent game as long as you avoid uncletopia

skial and panda suck too

Occasionally, skial you can still play a decent game on.

Eh, still don't like the no-random-spread and no random crits.

You are autistic.
No one wants to play the same game over and over. When people ask for a new TF2 they aren't asking just for the same gameplay. Discovering a new game and playing it for the first time and learning things is an integral part of playing a game.
There is nothing left to discover in TF2. The game has been played so much that at this point people are going through the code like autistic retards trying to find any little tiny obscure info they can find to keep the game interesting. There are entire channels going over shit like how if you equip a certain gun on a specific map and do the specific taunt after taking a specific amount of damage some bug will cause you to miss. This is what TF2 copers have to do to maintain interest in the game.

TF2 ended with hats and boxes.

>playable
fuck no it isn't, your only options of playing are bot infested casual, gay no-fun allowed community servers, or MvM being dominated by 20k tour autists who kick you for breathing wrong in a fucking pve mode
the game is dead as far as im concerned

Attached: 1634055861238.jpg (1024x712, 160.09K)

Im a mechanical engeneer producing firearms at Heckler and Koch.