Should I start playing [any] Pokemon game with a Japanese rom and a translator with drawing features until I can force...

Should I start playing [any] Pokemon game with a Japanese rom and a translator with drawing features until I can force all the information of an entire new language in my head?

I'm tired of only being a bilingualfag, Yea Forums.

Attached: file.png (772x525, 542.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/sedr0m/how_i_got_180180_on_n1_in_85_months/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Have you tried making the thread on the corresponding boards?

No because I want to learn Japanese with video games, just like I did with English.

If you know nothing about japanese you'll also need a grammar dictionary at the very least

I guess you learn by doing after all

You didn't learn English if you're post is anything to go by.

i think its kinda pointless unless you want to work in japan.
>t. grew up bilingual (jp + esp) and learned english as a third language

>You didn't learn English if you're post
>You didn't learn English
>you're post

Attached: anime-smug.gif (498x373, 1.74M)

>starting with japanese
>want to jump straight into games
READ NIGGA
READ

Attached: 1619921501231.jpg (1280x1838, 496.92K)

>*your're

But what if you mistranslate things when reading and don't understand the story because of that?

Fucking up is an important part of learning.

Do you know of a good place to read raw manga? I want to read 乙女ゲー世界はモブに厳しい世界です but for free

I lose motivation pretty heavily when I fuck up. I'm very demanding on myself.

>盗み

Attached: 1646374328728.png (756x574, 85.53K)

>how dare you talk about video games talk about manga instead
Great way to shit up the thread.

please bro help out a dekinai gaijin baka

That sounds like the opposite of demanding
Sounds like you just give up at the first sign of resistance

no; you should just learn

Attached: 1622172889385.png (600x500, 365.05K)

First, learn hiragana and katakana via whatever method works for you. Even duolingo is fine for this.

Next, start reading Tae Kim's grammar guide at your leisure while also running through the nihongoshark kanji anki deck. You can do 20 cards a day, only focus on the keyword. You'll get through it in a few months and then you'll have the entire set of joyo kanji able to be recognized, differentiated, and you'll have a general idea of their most common meanings. Retards on here will tell you this step isn't necessary but that's because they've never done it and seen the difference, the time it takes pays for itself incredibly quickly in future steps. There's a reason kanji are taught independently from words in Japanese schools.

After that, start the core 2k/6k vocab deck on anki, and and this point (if you somehow aren't already) you should start consuming Japanese text via whatever way is enjoyable to you as much as possible. For me, it's following a lot of Japanese artists on Twitter and constantly trying to read whatever I can of it. Once you're a little bit into the vocab deck and you know the basic most common words, you can start making a mining deck.

Anki is brain hacking magic, it literally feels like cheating

Attached: 1650085249438.png (414x409, 246.04K)

>Sounds like you just give up at the first sign of resistance
Maybe I worded that wrong, my bad. I have this "thing" that since I was a kid I've always been able to get the hang of most things almost on the first try (drawing, music, messing around with tech, etc), and I grew up like that, so when I actually hit a wall and I can't do something it's demoralizing as fuck. I didn't want to say "I'm good at everything" because clearly I'm not, but when I find something actually difficult for me I just feel useless and sad.
I really don't want Japanese to be that wall.

Autism is one hell of a drug.

Attached: sad-anime.gif (465x498, 2.47M)

That's honestly normal with early high achievers. The important thing is to make it a routine even if it sucks because it's literally just a matter of input and at some point your brain will click and get it.

your learning should become a habit, not something you force because of high expectations, otherwise you will burn out for long.
I advise you to set low goals like learning 1 word a day which will form a habit and most of the time you will learn more than one thing anyway.

Yes user, my life is like that as well.
The important thing is to work on your motivation and stick with it no matter what.
In the case of something like a language, it really does get easier the more you interact with it by doing things like reading.

Even more important is to stop fucking procrastinating.

>Even more important is to stop fucking procrastinating.
this is my problem so I'm leaving the thread and booting up a VN

No, you should learn Japanese.

If you're one of those local autist that can't handle the prospect of actually learning, just give up. This "only learn though games, anime and manga" thing is a meme.

And no, you fucking dishonest retards, I'm not telling you you need to spend forever reading textbooks. Focus on immersion once you can. But some actual learning is needed.

godspeed

Been reading eroge as practice but I think I've outrgrown them since I'm constantly speeding through the sex scenes to get to the rest of the story. Has that happened to anyone else, and if so what did you do next?

>I'm constantly speeding through the sex scenes to get to the rest of the story
Bruh. It's not opposite day.

Attached: MV5BNDg3YmVlMjAtZTQ5Yi00NjE4LTg3NmEtNGI4NWI2Mjk3MmRiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTM1NTIzOTI1._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg (1000x750, 71.2K)

It's a lot of the same descriptors each time so it gets old fast.

>This "only learn though games, anime and manga" thing is a meme.

reddit.com/r/LearnJapanese/comments/sedr0m/how_i_got_180180_on_n1_in_85_months/

grind core 2k before even doing anything
Pokemon is also an awful game to play if you're trying to learn Japanese because you'll end up skipping through shit, unlike a story focused game like a visual novel where you're forced to read

Yeah, all of you now got an autist to spam about. Not sure you can replicate his results though.

Unfortunately I was 2 points off his score and it took me some time and learning, so I guess I'm toast.

>Not sure you can replicate his results though.

Attached: 1621631227793.png (468x363, 167.44K)

only esl's don't make this mistake

597519586 is weak bait and doesn’t even deserve the (you)

Not everyone has the time or motivation to focus on grinding immersion at the expense of everything else.
You are a faggot for acting like this guy is somehow a good measuring stick for jp learners, not that you being retarded greentexting troll isn't enough evidence already.

Balls belong inside the tummy, so no.

>Not everyone has the time or motivation to acquire a 2nd language
true true

user, you don't even do anything anymore but shitpost for (you)s
What are you doing with your life?

doesn't pokemon only use hiragana? that would be a huge mistake

but enough about you lol

it's almost been two years since i started learning jp and I think it's going pretty great, though my weakness is definitely listening. i spent too much time focusing on kanji and vocabulary when I should have been watching more tv. that said it is pretty nice knowing thousands of kanji, makes reading a breeze.
anyways, on topic, i don't think Pokemon is great for learning jp because half the words you see are made up names. why play a game with over a thousand named creatures? and, unless it's in hd, the text is going to be a pain in the ass to read. ds/3ds lil pixel mashes for kanji will fuck your day up, impossible to distinguish radicals. as an alternative I'd suggest like, paper mario or some other modern hd kid targeted rpg.
like congrats on learning English but going from western language to western language is a totally different beast than west to east or vice versa. you're in for an extreme commitment if you wanna see this thru

>you can start making a mining deck
Can you elaborate on mining?

>Well you see learning a skill is totally useless unless you get a job with it
What's wrong with this kind of people.

>it's almost been two years since i started learning jp and I think it's going pretty great
そっか。。。
>3ds lil pixel mashes for kanji will fuck your day up, impossible to distinguish radicals
あきらめたほうがいいんです。

i can feel you on the listening. I need to set aside some time for dedicated listening. I took the N4 at the end of last year found the reading parts simple but thought i might have tanked my whole exam by messing up the listening. turned out fine but it did point out how i was overlooking that area

read this post, he links to a couple sites made by 4channers that explain it and give you tools to do it

i've been studying this abomination of a language for 20 years and just saw this symbol for the first time. what the fuck?

Attached: shimi.jpg (960x540, 100.7K)

>only use hiragana
>that would be a huge mistake
I don't get this dumb argument. It's not like you're going to leave it at that after you finish the game like it'll be your only learning experience. You move on to other stuff once you're done with it.
>inb4 "durr you can learn both hiragana and katakana in a week tops"
No you fucking can't. Unless you're a turbo sperg with some kind of autistic super brain cells.

Attached: fuck-you-face-rub.gif (220x400, 89.8K)

>kanji higher than N1

Attached: kanji.jpg (400x308, 46.7K)

that's impossible unless you're only doing 5 minutes a day

you can't post shit on Yea Forums about jp without some dork strutting out his n4 grammar to tell you to give up. what's this kanji then genius?

Attached: Screenshot_20220501-021721_Discord.jpg (66x76, 3.38K)

inb4'ing a true statement doesn't change anything

Is there anything more cringe than people on Yea Forums typing in Japanese? None of you even have conversational skills.

>nihongoshark kanji anki deck
I went straight from kana to 2k/6k and am planning on working backwards from this to Tae Kim and Cure Dolly to grammarmaxx once I have ~1000 kanji (bit retarded I know, but I like memorization). Give me a good reason why I should learn them your way instead

Attached: nihongo ga hanase masen.png (344x175, 20.45K)

None of that is going to help you, pick up a grammar book you moron, anki decks are a meme.

i literally learned hiragana in one night. it's like 50 symbols, just look up popular mnemonics and play matching games online for 5-6 hours

>"durr you can learn both hiragana and katakana in a week tops"
You literally can though, I halfassed it on a whim and it took me 2 weeks at most

Attached: dubious claim.jpg (1064x946, 161.62K)

くらし

>i literally learned hiragana in one night.
Actually blatantly flase, ''memorizing'' doesn't mean learning, if I made you write all hiraganas that night in one go would you have done it?

Kanzen Master + Anki, literally all you need for N1.

Going to have to echo this guy is an autist outlier. My fiancee is Japanese, I've got plenty of Japanese friends, etc. I didn't get a 180 - got close - but I still had to grind for it (aka, I didn't learn entirely through immersion). The immediate cope in the Reddit comments is hilarious, though. I studied for a good year and change, 3 or 4 hours a day after my office job. It's just what you do when you want to learn something. So many Japanese-learning communities are just filled with people LARPing as students of the language.

All of those kanji are literally N5 except for 副 in 副会長 since you don't see that stuff pretty often

Attached: 1642537892108.jpg (520x416, 35.54K)

>pick up a grammar book you moron
I bought both of Cure Dolly's books and Japanese the Manga Way, just been too busy lately to study them. Tae Kim is not a meme and neither is Anki, good luck getting to N5 just playing VNs and fapping to raw doujins

Attached: Anki.png (960x476, 680.78K)

>>inb4 "durr you can learn both hiragana and katakana in a week tops"
>No you fucking can't. Unless you're a turbo sperg with some kind of autistic super brain cells.
user the meme is learning hiragana in 4 hours
You actually can learn hiragana and hiragana in 4 days

Attached: 1646099237159.jpg (479x557, 112.75K)