Attached: file.png (1280x720, 495.96K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/Czg3t7QfqDY
files.catbox.moe/lr0f3y.webm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

YOU DON'T HEAR ME SAY

PLEASE

PICKLES AND CHEESE IS THE WAY THAT YOU'RE MAKING ME SMELL TONIGHT

I have such conflicted feelings about KH. The first game was truly special but everything after was such a horrific dumpster fire that it's extremely embarrassing to even admit to liking 1.

This except everything after 2

just embrace it, unless you're only in it for disney you shouldn't care about how retarded it is and want to see how much more retarded it can get with each game

1 feels like it takes place in a whole other universe then the rest of the series because of how magical it felt.

why couldn't it have stayed simple and clean

But the most fun part of KH is seeing how off the rails it can get and how much flashier it gets with each game. I would love if the Disney worlds went back to being so intertwined like KH1 but it's very clear Disney is muddling with them at every step of the way now. Toy Story and BH6 feel like the only ones they had creative control on and even with Toy Story they had to jump through hoops.

The funniest part about how convoluted it was trying to follow the series as a kid was that the issues started immediately. I had no idea Chain of Memories was growing up, so twenty minutes into the second game and I was already lost.

Attached: 7349658.png (975x586, 257.84K)

*no idea what Chain of Memories was

>I had no idea Chain of Memories was
how though? It was everywhere on tv and magazines

FUCKING NO GOOD WHORES

Attached: 83949284.png (500x297, 188.99K)

Back then you didn't need to understand everything that happened in obscure spinoffs. KH2 establishes what you need to know with the opening, that's it. You didn't need to play Chain of Memories unless you wanted exposition.

We were supposed to follow it? I thought it was supposed to be incoherent.
youtu.be/Czg3t7QfqDY

Different strokes for different folks. Personally, I found KH1 pretty mediocre. It was a bog standard hero's journey but with Disney characters in the mix. Nothing really wowed me about the story until I got to Hollow Bastion which is where the cool OC stuff kicked it up a notch and started diverging from what I expected. On the other hand, I loved KH2's story from start to finish. Roxas and his existential dread prologue was awesome, mid-game climax with the 1K heartless fight was awesome, and making your way through TWTNW was absolute kino. I was only disappointed with 3 for relegating all that stuff to between world cutscenes and the Keyblade graveyard.

I agree. Honestly I want the Disney characters and story to be more intermixed with the OC stuff. KH is just so much fun.

I guess, we're supposed to be in the dark (lol) like Roxas is for the intro section, but I was confused by the opening cinematic not reflecting anything we saw in the actual game.

Attached: 9f5ac6156a43b349867451a6323fd76a.jpg (638x453, 36.44K)

KAIRI WILL NOT SPRAY

I remember a vague commercial or two on Disney Channel, but childhood me never would have guessed that story elements to a PS2 series would be locked behind a GBA spinoff.

How did going through that door for the first time feel for you, Yea Forums?

Attached: Kingdom Hearts 1 PS2 Walkthrough Part 8 Wonderland 0-29 screenshot.png (854x480, 344.03K)

>KH1 ending
>Sora runs off after Pluto
>KH2 beginning
>He's in a fucking bubble
No, you definitely need CoM.

bump

Beast was my favorite Disney character in any of the games because while he was recognizable as the original character from the Disney film, they just used that as a springboard to do something completely different with him. Being this lone warrior who's traveling across different worlds looking to rescue the one he loves before meeting Sora and helping him after he's been abandoned at his lowest point.

It was a simple subplot, but it stuck with me more than any of the Disney worlds and characters that are just an awkwardly abridged retelling of their movie with some Heartless thrown in somewhere.

Attached: 20582.jpg (800x1222, 142.04K)

there was a conveinent castle of exposition that explains everything

It was real neat. Though even as a kid I thought the gummi ship sections sucked ass compared to something like Star Fox.

Attached: they would have died at sea.jpg (500x355, 134.67K)

Attached: darkness imprisoning me all that I see absolute horror rarara.jpg (640x960, 82.61K)

YOU DONT KNOW DEH WAE

I went through the entire franchise after they added Sora into Smash and I fucking love it bros. How were you all able to wait for the next game to come everytime? I need KH4 right now.

Attached: 1614398782312.jpg (1024x734, 53.79K)

KH1 Yuffie was something else

Attached: Yuffie.jpg (3840x2160, 353.2K)

>I went through the entire franchise after they added Sora into Smash and I fucking love it bros. How were you all able to wait for the next game to come everytime? I need KH4 right now.

Attached: 260124022.jpg (1500x1120, 181.6K)

So uh, are the worlds in KH complete planets? Like, the World in Mulan is literally the whole planet Earth and universe or just China? In this case, they mention the Aztecs, which imply the whole American continent exists as well as Europe at the very least, so, how the fuck do the worlds work, I always hated this from this series, they nevery truly explain how they work.

>How were you all able to wait for the next game to come everytime?
>He thinks we were able to wait.
Do you understand the crumbs we were grasping at for any news of new games? Hell, I'm still doing it right now for KH4, DR, and Missing Link.

Attached: 1649632943062.png (577x472, 294.08K)

KH2 took so long that I simply forgot about the series in the face of seeking out other games and interests.

Beyond that getting through spin-offs was so physically painful to me that I guess I always had one in the backlog during any wait for another mainline game.

Attached: God-Has-Come-To-Reap-The-Sinners.png (806x864, 2.66M)

Every world it its own universe. Not all of the worlds are intertwined with each other, sora is the link between all worlds.

>KH2 took so long
>2002 to 2006
>long

Attached: costanza_400x400.jpg (400x400, 19.11K)

I doubt they put that much thought into the geographical nature of any part of the setting.

Traverse Town was a single town. Olympus is all of Greece and the Underworld. Destiny Island was one island you got to explore, but also there's a whole developed modern city beyond the shore filled with flat earthers that believe setting out to sea would throw you into the multiverse, etc. etc.

Attached: Auron_KH.png (631x750, 615.54K)

In the PS2 era? Yeah.

I fucking love KH, bros.
These three becoming the absolute best of friends over their adventures is the greatest and their adventures are always comfy. I teared up a bit during the finale of 3 when they called out for Sora through the controller and used Trinity to beat Nort. I can't fucking wait for them to get reunited in KH4.

Attached: 1625275260872.png (614x461, 465.24K)

>Donald and Goofy are willing to seek out the lord of the dead in his home turf without any backup just to learn anything that could lead them to bringing Sora back
The people who thought Riku, Kairi or Mickey should have accompanied Sora in his final battle with Xehanort were fools. The SDG trio rides and dies together

Attached: 1621944715143.png (1322x743, 927.48K)

they look like barbie dolls here

another series carried by nothing but nostalgia

Attached: 1651387453945.jpg (2048x1535, 617.67K)

No its okay KH1 was a truly fantastic game. I also like KH2 but I think KH1 is a bit better due to it coming first but its story is also better anyways. KH after 2 though I largely do not care about since I tuned out after 2. If you ask me I think they should have did with KH what they used to do with FF. Every new entry being unique with new protagonists, worlds, characters and problems.

I’m tiding myself over by platinuming all the games on ps4. Got KH1 and 2 done so far. I’m scared to even look at CoM and BBS I’m fairly committed now.

Have you caught up on the mobile game story? If you haven’t there’s a good 5ish hours of cutscenes to watch on YouTube. If you’re really into the story it gets pretty crazy.

>No its okay KH1 was a truly fantastic game.
no its shit

>I’m scared to even look at CoM and BBS I’m fairly committed now.
CoM's only bad for Riku 99 and the six difficulties if you're on PS3. BBS is not as bad as people make it out to be, it's just tedious to do Command Boards 21 times and beat MF as Terra. The Mirage Arena stuff is negligible, I have never ever had issues with the ice creams (Just THE NEVER BLUNDER WUNDER BALL) and command crafting happens so quickly and steamrolls once you get Miickey, Stitch, and a couple of those crystals from Mandarakes to instantly get yourself 5 Lucky Strikes.

Attached: When you walk away.jpg (1100x1125, 287.46K)

files.catbox.moe/lr0f3y.webm
i want to suck on Aquas massive cock.

Attached: file.png (566x410, 295.59K)

>he skipped CoM

Attached: 1635381133602.png (653x541, 228.99K)

ANGELS IN FLIGHT

Attached: 1625400163698.jpg (1024x768, 178.93K)

I'll accept anything they sell me, and it makes me angry that others don't feel the same way

Gotta admire that plat autism. I don't think I've ever seen you do a ranking for the KH games in particular, I'm curious to see your taste.

>are just an awkwardly abridged retelling of their movie with some Heartless thrown in somewhere.
im sure this was all on disney being overprotective of their ip for some strange reason. KH handled the stories great, sure, some step outside the movie plot but worked their way around it to go back on track or made them keep being themselves outside of their own world. i hate how in KH2 they started to make some of them follow the movie plot and most of them felt very awkward and in KH3 you can feel disney intrusion of protecting their favorites for not doing something interesting with the characters. Nomura comes up with crazy autistic ideas but that's part of the essence of KH, just see Stranger of Paradise, a full nomura game compared to FF15 which is a nomura-less game

Attached: 1635390938707.png (1280x720, 1.27M)

2 > 1 > 3 > CoM > BBS = DDD > Re:Coded = 0.2 > KHUX = MoM > Re:CoM >>>>>>> Days.

Attached: 1632318536702.png (1200x1038, 1.28M)

>Days that low
>3 that high

Attached: Nun.jpg (911x666, 71.57K)

>but also there's a whole developed modern city beyond the shore filled with flat earthers that believe setting out to sea would throw you into the multiverse
Wait what?
Is that mobile game lore?

This songs' a banger. A con favorite.

Shield.

Attached: KH.jpg (499x421, 43.53K)

>Days being anywhere but irredeemable garbage.
>When it's basically a game about Xion (The worst character in the entire series) instead of the Organization or even Roxas when it's Roxas' game.
>When every single enemy is a damage sponge unless you're running Saix with a 100% crit Keyblade or spamming magic.
>Magic that is not base tier is borderline unusable and Cura/Curaga are inferior in every way to Cure.
>Like 90% of the multiplayer cast is unusable because they're slower/weaker than Roxas clones with the sole exception being Saix.
Mickey attacks so fast that the enemy will still have iframes from the last hit they took like this is a Lego game or something.
>Stealth missions in a game where the target you have to tail flips on a dime.
>Agrabah general.
>Beast's Castle general.
>"Go run around this map and collect a million emblems we scattered around in the time limit.
>Like 150 days are skipped.
>Not a single Organization member gets fleshed out in any way in a game solely dedicated to Roxas' time in the Organization.
>"Secret boss" is just a recolored Wyvern with a billion HP that can kill you in two hits.

3's issues were end-loading all the important content and Disney dragging them by the balls on PotC and Frozen. Combat was a hell of a lot of fun, DLC bosses were fantastic and a good chunk of bosses in the main game were also great like Skoll, Lump of Horror (When not doing Pro Codes), Dark Inferno, and the Tangled one,

2 established the non-island part of Destiny Islands and Dark Road has future Xehanort basically calling it a prison.

Attached: 1607525024883.jpg (2220x1249, 228.95K)

Whoops, thought I finished my thoughts for 3.
It also had great worlds in terms of the levels (Minus Frozen of course) and it has me excited to see the future of the series because of maps like PotC, Toy Story, and Olympus. Not to mention it had Woody shittalking YX and Sully throwing Vanitas into Florida.

I have a soft spot for 358/2 Days simply because I like that in the end Roxas is the only character in the whole series that's as pissed about the absurdity of Kingdom Hearts lore as the audience. Kid just wanted to eat ice cream with his bros only for some fucko to show up and tell them they needed to die for someone he's never heard of, for the sake of fulfilling a destiny he doesn't care about. He tells everyone to get bent and that Kingdom Hearts should probably be nuked, and I find that funny.

That said I thought that actually playing the game was real bad.

Attached: Team Dork.jpg (1280x720, 174.58K)

Pick shield, drop staff. Every time without fail.

The fucking timing on Simple and Clean playing as soon as Sora and Kairi's hands slip away from each other is a fucking master stroke.

+Staff - Sword
1 MP > The others.