How can they be so shit at telling a complete story?

how can they be so shit at telling a complete story?
>halo 4: cortana suffering from dementia while trying to stop a bond villian with force power. they stopped him but didn't kill him for a sequel but cortana died in process.
>covenants somehow are fighting humans again even after the peace they established after halo 3 for no reason and no one bought it up
>halo 5: just kidding, cortana is alive and wants to destroy the galaxy because fuck you and a nigger wants to kill chief because chief left without saying goodbye.
>covenants still fight against humans for no reason.
>oh the bond villian with force power was killed in some conic no one read
>halo infinite: cortana and every spartan except for chief is dead prior to the game.
>some guy from planet of ape is the big bad guy that bested the chief and left him in space until pajeet picked him up and suddenly chief can kill all those dirty apes with no issue
>all plot threads (whatever that was left from halo 4 and 5) were cut off completely making the end of new trilogy a waste of time
bravo, 343. only talentless hack could do something this shit with all time and money you have.

Attached: 343_Industries_logo.svg.png (1200x437, 20.95K)

Do you really want the complete storyline of Halo 4 and 5? In all honesty?

they went too overboard with "deep" lore instead of keeping it simple and kept changing shit in out of game material instead of explaining it through story DLC or something
that and 343 are just generally incompetent fucking retards on top of it

>Infinite was meant to be a hard correct over the mess that 4 and 5 were
>still fucking sucked

If I had known it would be this bad, I would've jumped after 3.

Attached: 1651111653203.jpg (1171x1200, 113.92K)

they keep trying to reboot the series after each game instead of just improving. Infinite was so close but they still fucked it with lack of content

I mean the campaign was, it's far better than Halo 4 and 5 ever were.

>they keep trying to reboot the series after each game instead of just improving
How can you improve Halo 4 and 5, man, lmao, I would have dropped that shit too.

Point is they're a failure who never had any real plan to follow through with. It shows a lack of direction. If it was poorly written or unappealing you could just say they had a lame performance, however they didn't even perform.

The longest and most complicated story cutscene prior to the fucking feature-length librarian grandma in Halo 4 was the control room in Halo CE.
Really says a lot.

Their products are received poorly so every game is a soft reboot to fix the sins of the previous one.

no, the campaign is far worse than 4 and 5

lmao, go back

SHUT UP SHUT UP I DON'T WANT TO KEEP BEING REMINDED HOW 343 COMPLETELY RUINED HALO

Literally every 343i game is riddled with long boring cutscenes that make me roll my eyes, shake my head and say “oh my god who the hell cares”. Studio needs to fucking shut down

Frankie was always a talentless hack with terrible ideas who was held in check by his now departed betters. Given full reign of the plot his D-grade nonsense spread from the notes nobody took seriously to the games themselves. Mix in the 343 diversity hires on the story telling team and you get a jumbled mess that completely changes tone from game to comic to novel. The plot is far worse than sci fi originals. It’s a dumpster fire.

nothing said by someone who defends infinite has any meaning or merit

OP is a Bungie employee...

Just so you know...

Halo Infinite is fun as a barrel full of monkeys.

>t. Bungle Internet Defence Force
Halo is in the best place it has ever been; the MP in Infinite is MILES ahead of Bungle shit.

>343drones
THEY EXIST?

That's why it takes a minute to find quick matches?

>infinite feels pretty good
>falls flat when its time to make content to actually play

i do like taking my marine buddies and storming bases but...its the entire game

>Halo is in the best place it has ever been

Attached: 1651346683090.jpg (179x282, 7.66K)

Move out of your third world shithole. Works fine on my machine in NA.
I accept your concession.

You doing this for free?

Attached: 1651169714536.png (292x257, 107.04K)

Didact was way too in killable and didn’t need to be, librarian just needed to give Chief some fuckin’ telekill and a boss fight would have been possible.
Locke didn’t work because 343i chickened out on what they setup for ONI. Locke as a Spartan II dark ops that did all sorts of atrocities behind closed doors, kept in the shadows and given the task to hunt the Chief down would have been much more interesting and believable that Locke could actually get the Chief. The fireteam mechanics were superfluous and added a bunch of confusion to a game that didn’t need it. Just Chief and Locke, 2 rival S-2s on a galactic chase. Locke gets ONI assets, Chief gets much less hence the poncho. Yeah I just wish we got H5 that was in advertising, that was compelling as all hell so 5 being so shit really stung for me.

I was naive enough to think 343i learned from past errors, that naivety died with 5’s wretched treatment of Jul and underdeveloped stew of Spartans tossed in. I know blue team was a canon immigrant, I don’t care. They had to introduce them to a new audience and fucking didn’t. If there had to be fire teams blue team reunion should’ve been in game, not in a Stupid ass comic.

Halo: Infinite story was pretty much a whatever story and it was a recap to justify restoring a status quo of Chief vs the aliens for the most part which is why it was so flat.

A better executed halo 5 would have not needed to than be followed up by a soft reboot. The Banished I kinda like, but their big ape that talks shit routine could run stale especially without the guidance of memelord Escharum. I wonder if there’s still more factions banished haven’t conquered. Like kigyar pirates running amok and grunts being grunt along with the swords of Shanghelios frenemies who have been a little too quiet. Maybe they’re preparing to fight the banished? I dunno the book lore there.

Only sprintshitters (Halo 5 fans) exist. But they turned on 343. Paid shills are all that's left

On paper halo 4’s story was simple enough. Enemy is a ancient forerunner prisoner who failed to make penance, you have to deal with his BS while your dying AI waifu goes rampant. I think 4’s story while it had huge flaws, still kept things intact for a sequel to learn from its mistakes. It is 5 where it really fucked up bad. Locke should not have been a Spartan 4. He should’ve been a Spartan 2. There was no fucking reason ONI wouldn’t have a Spartan 2 dark ops to deal with rogue Spartans or some shit like that. Why were they tossing together some Spartan 4’s spoof the job? Just 343i pushing Spartan 4s for no good reason. I get why Spartan 4s exist, you want a shearer version of Spartans to standardize your marines with, yeah that makes sense. But fucking hell there is no way they’d be able to have similar gear to S-2s in that degree of production in just 4 years.

Anyone claiming two COD games with the Halo name on them have better campaigns than Infinite have even less merit, go back, gay boy.

Nothing made by 343 will ever be good, seethe and cope beaner

By this I mean how SIIs are meant to be ur superhuman. S4s really should’ve just been marines with some standardized power armor set but nothing able to hold a candle to the kind of bespoke grandeur of Spartan 2 design.

Nice goal post.

True…. Infinite got painfully close at points but they just didn’t have it in them. Chaotic development and their mindset of trend chasing fucking them repeatedly due to developing to slow to keep with the trends anymore

Too complicated for your brain huh beaner?

Like in 40K the difference between custodes and your usual space marines. Or the difference between space marines and the imperial guard.
Halo’s style isn’t really theocracy, it is more NATO in space so standardization, standardization and standardization when it comes to infantry power armor.

>Halo 4 and 5 had better campaigns than Infinite despite all of their problems making them by far the worst Halo campaigns ever conceived by the series
>gets called out
>Y-Y-You know what, 343 never made a good game
Sounds like you're the one coping, user.

evil AI is actually a good story idea and was the best idea 343 ever had
and they threw it in the bin because they were scared of a little outrage

>It was unironically too complicated for you
Cat shit being better than dog shit doesn't make it not shit, get it through your fucking skull dumbass

I guess that means Infinite is cat shit and Halo 4 and 5 are dogshit then.

That's literally what I'm saying you fucking dumbass

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the campaign was terrible
>one biome
>the map looks the same
>vast and empty
>enemy patrols pose no threat
>no story
>copy-pasting maps is worse than CE
>the opening level is the coolest part and the game immediately gets bad after it's over

The problem is they used the wrong evil AI. Cortana wasn’t a good fit. Offensive bias would’ve been. Halo 4 had its issues, but it was survivable and enough to go new places with in 5. I think design wise the whole fire team thing was what fucked up the story pacing and design. Just Locke, just Chief and have Locke be a Spartan 2 (one with the resources of ONI at his behest, but still a clandestine operation). That would’ve been better by far but the marketing team and story teams totallynmiscommunicated so we were sold a halo 5 story hundreds of times better than what they went with. Or a Design by committee catastrophe.

Is Chieffag the one making these threads? I swear these always boil down to the same fucking arguments over and over again, don't you fags have lives?

Attached: 1651167753723.jpg (466x349, 37.04K)

But MC says cool quips like a marvel movie so it's good!!1!

you're an actual fucking retard if you disagree with me
yes user gets it
reviving cortana after she died in 4 was the mistake, not making cortana evil
Offensive Bias was an easy opportunity since he's already in the novels so easy to copy from, and they didn't do it because fucking who knows

And yes, 5 with fewer characters would have worked far better and that I think is something anyone should agree on. Don’t have cortana be the main villain, keep her dead for the most part. She had all of 3-4, Chief’s grief and determination to fulfill his duties despite having lost such critical aspect of his operation needed breathing room if they wanted to do that. They smothered that instead with the way cortana was instantly back and most the game being team Osiris adventures.

>cat shit is better than dog shit
>Infinite's campaign is better than Halo 4 and 5's campaigns
You just played yourself, retard

Infinite is still shit

Attached: oh-no-anyway (1).gif (498x247, 1.29M)

kek dont forget about the Janus key shit in 4 or how the storm covenant big bad was killed in a cutscene in the 1st mission.

Attached: 1651346835369.jpg (582x600, 294.19K)

Offensive bias even fit that well intentioned extremist angle, their goal of destruction of the flood, knowing there is still flood even if they had receded since 3. Yeah there’s a lot of oppoutiuinities and story beats their own story writers and narrative designers, developers and such made that got fucking tossed and that has me so damn bitter. Like they conned the Lorefags so damn hard.

What do you mean?

Attached: 1638822590179.webm (696x566, 2.92M)

>one biome
Barely loses points here because it changes the environment enough.
>the map looks the same
Not by much since the geography changes.
>vast and empty
There's multiple stuff to find.
>enemy patrols pose no threat
Wrong
>no story
>caring about story in a Halo game
lmao, was your first Halo game Halo 2 by any chance.
>copy-pasting maps is worse than CE
Not really, lot of the dungeons look similar but they're different enough but like with the biome it is something that needs to be heavily corrected in the future, didn't distract from the game much though.
>the opening level is the coolest part and the game immediately gets bad after it's over
Entire campaign was fun for me, maybe you're just getting old.

one level of CE had more diversity than all of Infinite
>There's multiple stuff to find.
oh wow a fucking skin for the carbine in multiplayer
whoopee
Halo has had good story in all the Bungie games and you're a fucking dipshit trying to defend the atrocious story of Infinite
go play Halo 5, it's a better game than Infinite if you ignore the story

>Barely loses points here because it changes the environment enough.
No it doesn't
>Not by much since the geography changes.
Doesn't that apply to every game ever made?
Wow audio logs and spartan points
>Wrong
Right
>Not really, lot of the dungeons look similar but they're different enough but like with the biome it is something that needs to be heavily corrected in the future, didn't distract from the game much though.
Yes, but no but yes
>Entire campaign was fun for me, maybe you're just getting old.
Yeah, I'm not 8 anymore

>how can they be so shit at telling a complete story?
This your first experience with fanfiction?

Why did they kill Jul in mission 1. I can’t comprehend that shit. Jul was given a whole character and backstory about being an atheist who hated humanity and represented the elites that didn’t like where arbiter was going with human friendship. Makes sense, elites are a traditionalist society and arbiter’s experiences were never shared among all elites. And that is before how you Have the kig yar space piracy epidemic that broke out without the covies paying them off and brute warlords. So there never was a shortage of alien baddies to fight, Balkanized covenant still have human haters. What makes Jul’s death suck is how it was in a cutscene too. Jul could have been killed in-game at the end of the second act as the main forerunner threat began to emerge.

>you're an actual fucking retard if you disagree with me
It was bad and very retarded while not being Halo at all. Reclaimerfaggot

>You ARE forerunner
What did they mean by this?

Attached: 343_Guilty_Spark.png (1226x1152, 1002.35K)

He meant that Master Chief is a reincarnation of Bornstellar-Makes-Eternal-Lasting (commonly known as "Bornstellar"), an untried Forerunner Manipular whose family and ancestors came from a long line of Builders, the highest and most powerful rate in Forerunner society.[2] He effectively became another incarnation of the Promethean known as the Didact after being imprinted with the latter's consciousness and memories; this incarnation was known as the IsoDidact.[3]

>Barely loses points here because it changes the environment enough.
The fuck? It doesn't it's just: Open fields, Forerunner structure, and banished outposts.
>Not by much since the geography changes.
What the fuck does this even mean?
Oh yeah like... Weapons?
>lmao, was your first Halo game Halo 2 by any chance.
I was playing CE when you were still a sperm faggot
>Not really, lot of the dungeons look similar but they're different enough but like with the biome it is something that needs to be heavily corrected in the future, didn't distract from the game much though.
So it needs to be heavily corrected yet it isn't an issue?

Holy fuck please tell me you're getting paid for this shit

I’m write fagging ideas of how 4-5 halo could be handled different ply all the damn time. It’s shocking how fixable the errors are. In 343i they clearly had some people with a concept of narrative and do respect the times they did add to the universe in an interesting way. I don’t like the idea halo should never take risks with its narrative, plot or gameplay. The problem is how 343i didn’t take risks, they forced current game trends onto halo in mangled ways and called it trying new things. Than also how they kept fucking their own narrative and universe with needless retcons no one asked for.

>one level of CE had more diversity than all of Infinite
True but while annoying I can ignore it because it's fun.
>Halo has had good story in all the Bungie games and you're a fucking dipshit trying to defend the atrocious story of Infinite
Halo never had a good storyline, it only got worse when 343 took over and started shoving it into the gameplay itself. You want to know why Infinite works because the story takes a backseat again like Halo CE, Chief's side of Halo 2, and Halo 3. Halo doesn't have a good narrative, never did, the less it focuses on it, the better.

343: I am going to sell popular thing!
Smart people: Do you even understand what makes popular thing popular?
343: Not in the slightest! And look at all this "PROGRESS"!

343 just wants to sell stuff. That cook book proves my theory.

>Yeah, I'm not 8 anymore
Maybe it's time for you to stop playing video games then and grow up.

>You want to know why Infinite works because the story takes a backseat again like Halo CE, Chief's side of Halo 2, and Halo 3
You have to be shitting me, there are segments entirely dedicated to listening to exposition

Attached: 1651170410127.jpg (563x503, 21.18K)