Is the posterchild of Elden Ring

>Is the posterchild of Elden Ring
>Can only get his armour if you betray the two fingers and murder him
What did Miyazacki mean by this?

Attached: Screenshot_20220501-132452_Chrome.jpg (1078x610, 447.8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QL4o4BBgoFQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That you need to betray the Two Fingers to become Elden Lord?

When will people stop pretending the greater will/fingers/golden order is a good thing?

This. Literally every single ending in the entire game requires you to betray the Two Fingers by burning the Erdtree and killing the Elden Beast.

which kind of makes it seem weird that rykard gets painted as the BLASPHEMOUS one when both gideon and melina both just go 'yeah burn the tree lmao'

What does burning the tree accomplish anyways? Why burn it? What is it doing that needs it burned?

That would be if marika was in charge. But the one calling the shots is obviously the greater will through Radagon. Marika created Melina specifically to guide a tarnished there and burn the Erdtree.
Rykard was a blasphemer from the point of view of the Golden Order.

In normal videogames and movies the plots are clear for the most part. Elden shit doesn't even have lore. I guess this is how gooks I'm the East tell their stories. Nothing make sense and everything is a mystery.

That you need to kill people for their swag, just like in all the Souls games.

The entrance to the final boss area is covered with thorns and branches and shit. Burning it burns those away. Don't ask me why we can't just cut the shit down, I don't know.

>tree is blocking the way
>burn tree to unblock
You don't need lore for the most basic things user, holy shit.

Yeah it bummed me out because I wanted my first build to be a diehard two fingers fundamentalist. I started as confessor and was role-playing as assassin of the two fingers that would follow their every word and kill all heathens.

Honestly, this reminds me of the bullshit in DaS2 where you need to find the lord souls to access the gate that you can simply hop over to the side.

that kinda sucks but at the same time it does give your character an arc

Which is the ending that Rykard would’ve wanted? Madness?

Magic problems need magic solutions. If they sent you to find Cosmic Pruning Shears you wouldn't question it.

Probably the same as Ranni's, he just wanted the greater will to fuck off

>the posterchild of Elden Ring
I would say Vyke’s armor fits that role more, since it’s literally on the cover

>tfw Maidens are just cosmic controlled burn equipment
KOJIMAAAA

Attached: babylon2.jpg (847x366, 35.75K)

super special roots too strong for regular weapons. only super special flame is able to burn super special roots
super special thorns instantly regenerate even if you manage to cut because it's bootleg yggdrasil

But that's not the tree. Check the seal on the door. That's radagon's rune. He sealed the tree so no one could get in to become elden lord.

Take the goldpill.

Attached: 1638077816470.png (473x459, 194.07K)

Goldmask is for hotglue

this, it's genuinely the best end for the lands between

why is there another gold mask just lying around on the bridge?

>caring about the lands between
lmao

goldmask killed goldwoman

Was the 2 rune requirement in place at the time Vyke was active, and was Vyke from the Roundtable in Leyndell or the magical one we use that seems to be in the Erdtree itself?

I know that. Still, you burn the magic tree sealed with runes with magic flames. There's no deeper secret behind this.

>Was the 2 rune requirement in place at the time Vyke was active
probably, enia says she saw 2 runes together once before you came along

Vyke's armor is just the damaged and worn-out version Knight armor

Wiat what, weren't Bernahl and Vyke both right about to become elden lords when they chose the frenzy/snake path?

Rykard is the blasphemous one because he powers himself with human sacrifices to eventually consume gods, not because he's anti-golden order.

Description says Goldmask encouraged people to wear the mask to live a golden life like him. It’s weird though cus that means he’s talked in the past?

no one has any real idea, i would assume bernahl follows you into farum but it's completely unexplained as to whether he, vyke, or gideon have runes

>But the one calling the shots is obviously the greater will through Radagon.
false, radagon is being controlled by the elden beast, which is a VASSAL of the greater will. the greater will doesn't care what outer being is its vassal, as long as it remains in control of the lands between.

I just realized that if you do Ranni's ending and get all gods to fuck off, Rykard is going to end up the real king since everyone else is dead, he is immortal and Ranni wants humans to fend for themselves.

Oh damn good catch, gideon might even have the most explicit confirmation:
The Fingers expect...
[102010080] As much from you as they do young Gideon.

Not all Finger Maidens, just Melina. That's why Vyke embraced the Frenzied Flame, he had no other option.

I assume you need 2 runes because you'd have to kill Morgott no matter what to have the probable requisite of 3 shards to repair the elden ring

Is Placidusax's lance thingy any good? Currently STR/FTH and just killed Malenia with the Black Blade, want to switch it up for the Elden Beast/Radagon final.

gideon got it dirty, he should have been in the queen's bedchamber instead and just been cooming over all the tablets and documents laying out there, there's a direct connection between him and marika being immense lorefags that is never really made into an understandable throughline, i would have understood him not wanting to give up his immortality and this bastion of ancient knowledge while simultaneously being an agent of marika far more than what we got

He uses the godslayer GS so he clearly has some hidden motives

can knights armor get a lil cape? i never checked

It's my favorite lance, I use with a big golden shield and barricade, makes most of the bosses a breeze.

wut i thought you got that armor killni some nigger in the real roundtable hold for rykards area?

the cragblade? it's exclusively a dex weapon. same with bolt of gransax

If you do Ranni's ending wouldn't Godfrey's evil magic aids just kill everyone anyway?

I am aware
I'll give it a shot, I typically don't like shields but I don't want to cuck myself out of a neat build

Japs are absolutely addicted to doing "the church is evil" twist over and over again for ever. It can't be helped.

personally dual wielding and using the spear talisman is more fun than using a shield, especially when the good shields have high STR reqs

In theory, wouldn't people start properly dying once you've fixed the death rune?

>Is the posterchild of Elden Ring
Uh hello?

Attached: Elden-Ring.jpg (1200x676, 116.54K)

People were dying before, the rune was only used to kill demigods, it didn't make everyone immortal, we see a bunch of people dying in the game, plus it's known that Vyke went insane trying to save his maiden and she ended up dead anyways.

if I missed a Gransax am I actually going to have to NG+ just to get a weapon

Japan just has little reason to NOT view it that way since Christianity might as well another mythology to them like how the west constantly uses Greek/Norse myths

>Godfrey's
You mean Godwyn? We know that his corpse was infecting the Tree, but the Tree is gone now, so I don't think he matters anymore.

>roleplaying
>in a fromsoft game
you brought this outcome upon yourself

maybe you can post your feet to get someone to drop it for you

Don't the items just change location in the ashen version?

yes, I had to do the same thing. But on ng+ you can do the whole game in like 2 hours, I just sped through everything to get the Bolt of Gransax and the Frenzy ending.

couldn't I just add it into my game with a trainer or something lmao
looks like Gransax is missable

make a steam forum thread asking someone to drop it for you

>trainer
ydgtbog

>ydgtbog
excuse me
I might just do what
said and skip over there and pick it up on NG+. Not worth even bothering with a weapon if there's no other bosses to fight lmao.

Hey Yea Forumsros I tried to make a quality review of elden ring lemme know what you think

youtube.com/watch?v=QL4o4BBgoFQ

Pre or post vore? Cuz post snake "Rykard" doesn't really want anything anymore except to eat people. I suppose pre snake he was basically like Ranni, he wants earth to be free from the outer gods ruining it.

Really? I thought you only needed to kill some random fucker from the Manor missions and that's it, Fingers give no fucks about this AFAIK.

whats wrong with your mic