It wasnt that bad

it wasnt that bad

Attached: DD_cover_art.png (1377x1376, 1.67M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5Q-VMxOBuM8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I got the impression that they wrote some of the stuff in Dual Destinies with the explicit intent of fucking with the localization team who were gonna have to try to Japanifornia that shit.

>Apollo isn't allowed to press a witness based on nervous tics but Athena can submit that the her smart device necklace told her that the witness felt happy when finding a dead body as evidence

For me it's Mantis

It kinda was. Athena's gimmick is dumb and Apollo fanwank is never good.

Best of the modern trilogy, extremely outclassed by the original trilogy and the spinoffs.

Was it based or was it cringe?

youtube.com/watch?v=5Q-VMxOBuM8

Attached: Honeyview_yz83s61c9f9y.jpg (561x342, 52.88K)

When are gonna get ace attorney games not localized to fucking hell and back?

The only thing that stuck out to me like that was the Yokai village

He got away far too lightly, honestly. He didn't
"technically" kill the owner but c'mon now.

It was okay but I honestly think the case is a little overrated.

that's what makes them good. they have a strong identity that isn't just shitty dub.

How so? Aged up Pearl is my favorite sidekick and orcas are based.

>Add gimmick
>It's a dumb one after Apollo's
>Paid DLC
>Digital only
>Character carrying new gimmick is abhorrent
>3D not kino sprites

significantly better than the first Great Ace Attorney

I hate how the dumb pink sweater from AA3's flashbacks is a DLC outfit for Wright but not the sweet hobo outfit. The game even teases the player with a fake mockup of current Wright wearing the hobo clothes to rub it in.

Don't get me wrong, it's my second favorite case in the game after 5-3 but I didn't find the characters super interesting. There's some good twists and Pearl coming back is fine.
I think the story placement hurts it a little too, because it really should've been in the base game given when it takes place.

What are his charges technically?

that is incorrect.

Attached: 7987.jpg (328x277, 10.71K)

>dlc outfit is tied to a case that most people aren't going to do until after they've beaten the game
I know it's because the dlc is tied to some quiz in the JP version that they didn't localize, but they could've handled that a lot better.

Nah. Anything is better than apollo wanking shitshow.

Finally some common sense. DD is flawed, but it takes more shit than it ought to.

This but unironically

It never was bad.

Blackquill is biased towards Athena, the same way like how Godot is towards Mia whenever she shows up to help Phoenix in AA3. He doens't know Apollo really.

Bias has no place in a court of law.

Tell that to Von Karma.

Neither do whips, pet hawks or literal magic. The game handles Athena's silly gimmick pretty well. Blackquill lets it slide since they have history but the first thing Nahyuta does is point out how idiotic it is to accept feelings as evidence.

>but the first thing Nahyuta does is point out how idiotic it is to accept feelings as evidence.
Which is correct, the gimmick is cheesy in the wrong way (Apollo was perfection incarnate since it's proved by science) and feeling being taken seriously leads to manipulation in the court which somehow is allowed.

According to the case total averages of each game that I've done, you'd be correct.

AA5 ranks 15/30 in overall point totals
GAA1 ranks 11/25 in overall point totals.

so AA5's average being "half of the cases are good" is better then GAA1's "under half of the cases are good"

Recently finished the original trilogy. Should I make a pit stop at pic related or go straight to Dual Destinies?

Attached: Screenshot_1.jpg (966x708, 143.73K)

how did you end up with a 30 point grading scale for a game with 4 cases
even though AAI takes place immediately after AA3, it references some stuff and characters from AA4 but it's pretty minor.
So there's kind of no wrong answer.

oh wait im retarded i read that as AA4

Lang-Xi says: Yes, the sequel is outstanding.... or so I have been told

Attached: 1462684529277.gif (272x192, 459.75K)

Why would you skip Apollo Justice?

Tampered with the scene and pretty much wasted everybody’s time

I played the sequel. I feel people way over exaggerated when they said it’s the best game in the series and shit like that. Yes it’s far better than MI1.. but come on there are shit that pissed me off like for example how unneeded Kay was, like if she fucked off she won’t impact the plot at all - outside of that specific chapter-.

I don't hear people say it's the BEST AA game ever. It's in my top 3 though with AA1 and AA3

>I don't hear people say it's the BEST AA game ever
I do, a lot.

EVERYONE and thier moms said that since I started the series in 2011. By the time I emulated it around 2017 i was kinda disappointed… it was great but you can tell the writers- or some of them at least- didn’t play AA2 at all.

It's a repeated sentiment and few of those who say it and engage that I've seen can tolerate even the suggestion that it's not.

Because he's not a retarded masochist?

> you can tell the writers- or some of them at least- didn’t play AA2 at all
What do you mean? If it's about that retarded argument of De Killer and Edgeworth it had been explained by many. Only dumbasses keep harping on it with literal context and nothing else.

My problem with De Killer involvement is they turned him from a shadowy assassin that we knew from AA2 into a literal Big Boss CQCing the shit out of his target between a crowd of guards/policemen at one point.
Like sorry, that’s not him at all risking his identity like that.. they better off designed a new character instead of this shit.

Unpopular opinion: It's one of my favorites, actually. And I think 3-5 was really, really bad.

Attached: 1639585388673.png (220x220, 94.49K)

Well then

To be fair he's a killer for hired. Doing stealth kill isn't the only way to kill people. And he's famous enough to be known by civilians so there should be a hell world after him.

The story and gameplay was kind of shit, but the characters were mostly enjoyable. Spirit of Justice was the opposite, with great cases and excellent usage of the mechanics, but super shallow characters. Even at his least obtrusive, Nahyuta just drains the fun out of my very soul. You know you've fucked up when fucking Gaspen Payne is more enjoyable than the main prosecutor.

>I think 3-5 was really, really bad.
Any specific reasons?
The only part I really disliked was Maya defending Godot who she knew for a fact had killed somebody. It completely contradicts the mindset she had in 2-4 regarding Engarde.

I enjoyed it all things considered
My main problem with this they made a huge deal out of “muh dark age of the law” shit … then try to connect that with the cases: naruto’s village. Japanese high school drama. Star trek featuring Spy from TF2. One piece.
I can hardly see the connection at all.
Pro tip: ignore “the dark law” completely and you will enjoy the game.

My main gripes are: Godot's revenge plan is absolutely insane and makes no sense at all, the fucking corpse pendulum and a literal fucking ghost testifying in the court of law. To name a few. I know the spirit channeling exists in-universe, and is a series' staple, but it should be contained strictly within the investigation parts of the game.

6-4 is the most underrated case in the series

Not that user, but one of the reasons why I disliked the case was this shit could’ve been prevented.. they knew that Mashroom head lady was up to no good yet they went with the fucking plan because they are literal retards
Also, ghostly cats foght… loke I know the series was built on spiritual shit but come the fuck on

The corpse pendulum was ridiculous, but I can forgive it because it gave us more Larry being retarded beyond all belief, which is always a plus for me.

It was fine. The DLC case was the best one. Edgy Apollo was a fun twist, I didn't care for Athena's gimmick and I thought the whole 'dark age of the law' thing was a gigantic waste of time but the game was fun enough.

Blackquill genuinely grew on me. At first I thought of him as just being a needlessly edgy jackass, but he's really funny as hell.

Almost every prosecutor character is pretty solid. I think the only one I was really annoyed by was Franziska (and I guess Klavier who's a bit boring)

I wanted to slap the smug out of Nahyuta's mouth.

I was having flashbacks to this when naruhodo presents his special blood testing technology in GAA, the court just tells him to fuck off.

DD is so bad it killed ace attorney, GAA revived it.

You're skipping Apollo justice to play this shit? Everything after AA4 is bad fanfic, you should be skipping everything you're planning on playing and getting to GAA

it was. it really was