What is Yea Forums's opinion on digital card games?

What is Yea Forums's opinion on digital card games?

Attached: digital card games.png (1280x720, 1.55M)

just play chess/shogi/go online. same amount of depth if not more and the fucking ruleset and meta wont change every single time the developer wants more money

Magic used to be good
Hearthstone used to be fun

only ok if they arent f2p

The appeal of TCGs is exactly the constantly changing meta.

Are there single player card games? Something like YGO Tag Force.

I use XMage for Magic. It can be laggy at times, but it's pretty fun. You can play with the pozzed decks or you can just host a game yourself and play against decks of your choosing.

MTG Arena is more expensive than paper and I think that's stupid

What the fuck did they buff Hecarim?

i know a dude who tried to go pro in hearthstone and hes not a dude anymore

I enjoy playing games, but I hate them being p2w or play religiously to keep up by nature with constant resets when you finally get the deck you like.
I miss when the TCG games weren’t micro transaction missions with only VS modes and actually just had everything in the box and a bunch of AI battles with an even playing field VS mode as everyone had equal playing fields and could just make the deck they wanted.

Kek

Arena is nice to test some decks but I usally want to play paper mtg for reasons. I like card games been playing slay the spire and trying to play some finding of issac four souls.

I only play the ones with waifus or lolis in them

Attached: 1644282792389.jpg (2672x3168, 662.01K)

>Lilia Chocolate
WTF she's not even tanned!?

>dude can you believe people will pay us out the ass for new pieces of paper with a picture on it?
>I’ll do you one better… people will pay out the ass for non-physical pieces of a paper situs a picture on it

MTG has sucked for years, but anyone playing online card games if any variety is a bigger chump by a mile

user, are you blind?

Attached: 1627315954586.png (667x495, 453.1K)

hearthstone is a p2w rng fest
runterra is fine but gets really boring after a while
mtg is the best one but it's made by trannies and new products are pretty garbage

Attached: 134857293486.jpg (600x857, 85.18K)

Come on, get clowned

Attached: 1637007471250.jpg (421x614, 69.73K)

never played yugioh sorry bud

>gay wizard solitaire
nah
thanks for the sexy robots though

Attached: Virtual.World.Mai-hime.-.Lulu.600.3173692[1].jpg (600x541, 83.25K)

mtg is too slow.

ygo is too fast paced.

LoR is pretty fun actually

This. Embrace your true calling my friends.

Attached: 1650907160637.png (300x419, 349.43K)

Roguelike deckbuilders

>FTK combospam that relies on you drawing the perfect opening hand or you lose instantly
lol no

Anyway, I played Eternal for a while but forced 1/3rd mana cards kills it. Got tired of losing because I drew nothing but dead mana 3 turns in a row.
Dropped Shadowverse because Haven is just so incredibly boring to play against.
Gave up on Hearthstone because they kept adding cards with 'random' in the card text. Heard the literally started making old cards illegal to force you to buy new ones, lol.

The appeal of TCGs is collecting the cards.

>it's all PvP garbage
Give me a proper PvE TCG.

>b-but Slay the Spire
Fuck roguelikes and fuck Slay the Spire.

Mfw you will never play WoTOG kino meta again

magic is the best of them but it still isn't very good. At the end of the day Magic is just gambling except its legal to sell to kids for some reason and Arena is basically just the same thing as cell phone slot machine games.

I only collect physical TCG cards.

Yugioh, Duel Masters, Digimon, etc.

Reminder that less than 3 months ago Hearthstone had a turn 8 OTK deck as meta. Literal 0 interaction. Wanted to build a board? Frozen + removed. Wanna hit for lethal? Haha frost barrier. And by turn 8 you had drawn around 20 cards so you just win for free with 0 interaction. It was disgusting. Both Mage and Warlock had a deck like this. Warlock to a lesser but more consistent extent.

Its poker for poor people and faggots who are too dumb or scared to play poker.

I looked into MetaZoo but some people said the community are just a bunch of schizos, is it true?

Attached: 1643766249306.jpg (1246x1600, 588.95K)

Why do you care about the community?

>no computer version
VIDEOgames, user.

the WoW TCG raid decks were pve kino

Attached: 1637770266621.jpg (355x350, 28.74K)

>PvE TCG
Solitaire, since you're clearly a geriatric.

>mothman
>hobsinsville goblin
>big foot
idk about the rest

> magic
> for poor people

lol

Also i dealt poker for over 20 years. Poker players are the absolute scum of the earth. I have no idea why anyone would want to hang out with those smelly degenerates 10 hours a day.

>hang out
This is a thread about digital card games. Why would you want to waste time playing childrens card games for no money when you could play poker online for actual money?

>MTG Arena is more expensive than paper
How the fuck is that even possible?

Based
PvE TCGs are the only way to stop the genre from being an exploitative powercrept shitfest

Because gambling is fucking retarded.

>like playing TCG
>luck is absolute dogshit
>even following a guide still results with a shitting win:loss ratio

I need more points in my luck stat

Attached: 1453606462506.jpg (456x720, 55.01K)

I want to learn Shogi.
Is there a website/vidya to practice?

TCG like Magic gets broken very easily.

>gambling
Spotted the shitter.

It's 2022 and you still need to ask questions like this?
Fucking google it you fucking idiot.

behold
and you can't trade or dust your cards

Attached: wildcard_pack.png (1024x576, 416.15K)

Spotted the moron who probably lost more than gained.

Bro what the fuck? Is that the only way to pay for wilds?

I definitely haven't lost more than i've gained from poker.

its not. There is no way Arena could compare to how much paper costs especially if you want to play a format other than standard. If you want to do the grind and play competitive you have to factor in travel and lodging also which makes it even worse.

Well?

Attached: yugioh.png (560x243, 30.64K)

Then you must be playing around a bunch of retards. If your company is a bunch of retards your income level must be pretty low because there is no way with the company I know can get away with high winnings.

Hearthstone has a lot of solo stuff.

I don't know what to say anymore. WOTC are money grubbing faggots, but they wouldn't get away with it if their customers weren't paying.

Attached: JUST.png (500x533, 530.82K)

every 6 packs is a wild card and packs cost 1000gold each which doesn't cost any money. I still think arena's "economy" is stupid but you would have to be an absolute motherfucking retard to pay 50$ for a pack of wild cards.

Hearthstone: 0 depth
chinkshit
Magic: trannies

I never spend money on mtg arena, I buy a lot of physical though. If you have a taste for cardboard crack you can't do both.

Well yeah i'm obviously not playing against sharks and high stakes players. Still won a few thousand in tournaments though both online and in person which covers the amount i've lost. I just do micro/low tournaments online and usually $20-$50 tournaments for live.

I have one physical modedrn deck valued at $250 and I play mtga but only f2p

So basically not much at all. You're a low level player. The people I associate with can put up to 5k in just a game.

Yeah but you can still make decent money being a low level tournament player and it's still more fun than playing tcg's for nothing.

Chump change with a chance of losing increasing per player is a moron move.