Opinions on this game?

Opinions on this game?

Attached: death stranding.jpg (2560x1440, 233.52K)

I played for like 10 hours.
It was comfy but boring.
I used it as a backdrop while listening to podcasts.
WHat is new on the director's cut ?

A good game for a small amount of people. most of the people who dislike it are the "oh, im different than the average person, I like a different take on the video game genre, i think this game will be catering to me" who actually are in fact not that person

It had some positives but they were outweighed by negatives

What were the positives and negatives for yourself?

pure kino and soul.

touching and misunderstood

Absolute masterpiece

Actually cool game.

I'm in the forest on the way to Port Knot City, but Sam keeps unequipping grenades in combat. I'm also not a fan of Die Hardman still bombarding me with tutorials 8 hours in.

Boring as fuck
Story is shit
Gameplay is a bigger shit
Man it fucking sucks ass
Its for weeb cucks
And ir someone says its good they are Kojambles drones and retards and niggers

comfykino

KINO Game for people who are lonely

Attached: 1640049570339.jpg (950x895, 364.62K)

Part arthouse trash, part decent game. Missed its mark imo. I like everything about TPP a lot better so to me it was a step down. Faggots here will defend it though.

it's kino. i bought a bridges hat and wear it sometimes irl

The game is just awful, since it doesnt even get climbing and treking right. You can just run up hills with no issue and the position of your feet on the terrain doesnt matter at all. All you literally do is just move forward through the same rocky landscapes. The only other interesting thing you can do is shoot people, but even then the shooting mechanics are horrible.

All I wanted was a cozy walking simulator and they didnt even get that right.

>WHat is new on the director's cut ?
yea get an new non-lethal gun really early so you dont have to flail around like a tard vs the humans and you get an early exo skeleton

Comfy game

Attached: GIGAbrad.jpg (564x846, 47.83K)

nice game overall
story could've been actually good if it was handled competently

The game's message is absolute kino. It reminds me to keep seeking connection and avoid being a hermit.

Some really great music which unfortunately only plays at certain times only for some reason.

The biggest wasted opportunity was not giving the player a fucking portable music player for listening DURING GAMEPLAY.
Those scripted sequences are so fucking rare and short and make up basically 1% of gameplay. Why the absolute fuck is there no music player seriously.

this and i never finished it

Attached: 1479797364356.gif (500x337, 1.93M)

pros

>ambient
>ergonomic experience with a ps4 controller

cons

>open world that doesn't allow you to go all over the place
>purposefully unintelligible story
>tools and roads are useless when the player who connects with the gameplay wants to extend the walking experience
>the character doesn't walk slower. the sensitivity of the PS4 controller is not exploited to the fullest.
>the world has no interesting things. it doesn't invite you to explore, the only goal is to make deliveries and you have to stick to that
>the music player is locked

Insanely boring. It’s just LONG ASS cutscenes with some walking in between

>it doesn't invite you to explore
There literally are secret/optional preppers you need to discover.

All the good bits are behind extreme amounts of padding.
Lots of extremely obvious "2deep4u" shit that tries way too hard to be taken seriously and ends up being funny.

Tell me one.

game for jarpigs, people with nothing to do, and skillless hacks. Just walking around and making deliveries. It's basically a mindless grind game which is why it's perfect for NEETs

I'll give you more than 1.
Conan
Max Payne
Famitsu guy
Harmonica guy
Novelist fag
The Allahu Snackbar one

I played it for 90-ish hours and I fucking loved it, more so than my time with MGSV since I went in with low expectations. I love the cool sci-fi setting a ton and how it works from a gameplay aspect, and
That said, it definitely is only for a certain audience and I do not blame people for getting bored and eventually dropping the game. Also if you plan on trying to get somewhere close to 100% it is fucking long, wouldn't blame people for not finishing it like if they couldn't get into RDR2.

Who is Allahu Snackbar? I got everyone else. They are not hidden. Maybe the Famitsu president, but the are in the open.

A Good and memorable experience but far from a masterpiece that some claim it is to be.

Gonna guess he's talking about the 1st Prepper who's located in the mountains near Mountain Knot City

First Prepper.
They are all optional/hidden in that if you don't explore, you won't find them. You need to catch their shelter in a "ping" before it will even appear on the map and they all require either finding their shelter first -> then find random lost cargo and deliver to them before they'll even talk to you or find their shelter and do a delivery for them from their own terminal. Point is, they're all optional and require exploration.

One of the best games of the last couple of years.

>>ergonomic experience with a ps4 controller
and even better w/a dual sense

I can't bring myself to buy it because I'm genuinely unsure whether I'd like it or not. I don't want to spend over 20$ for it.

further proof the people that get filtered by this kino are dumbass playstation gamers.

also there's a retrogamer inside a ravine. pretty cool spot he's in

>retrogamer
That's the Famitsu guy

Ludokino

I have 93 hours in it.
Gameplay was comfy.
Story is nonsense, but entertaining enough

"I am your princess beach"

Boring movie game.

Filtered

"Im fragile but not that fragile" was much worse desu

filtered by boredom, yes.

why is it always shitty games like this that get great pc ports?

Attached: 1649416959681.jpg (349x300, 16.53K)

great walking simulator & inventory management.

the zoomers that hate it have ADHD & some other mental illnesses

It's like they looked at open world design and decided that the way to fix it was to extensively work on and expand the bad part of open worlds, which is the meandering around a giant meaningless area collecting and retrieving meaningless bullshit. That said, it does do it very well and I can see why some people would like it. But I can't play it for more than like 1 hour at a time.

>meaningless

you just sumed up every video game, well done loser

retard

That's literally open world design. It's a giant area they pepper with garbage so you can be an epic garbage man collecting shit no one wants and make your way to the actual meaningful content whether it's a dungeon or the next story mission in a smaller area or some ebin linear sequence to advance the plot. And Death Stranding is basically the garbage man sandbox taken to its extreme.

People throw around "filtered" as a buzzword a lot, but Death Stranding really does filter people. The fact that this game has a generally negative reputation makes me wonder if the people who play video games even appreciate their uniqueness as a medium.

great game

kojima is frequently cringe, but man is he dialed into social/cultural trends. the connection message is so timely in the COVID19 world.

It's a game that, if vidya had a consumer base like literature or cinema, would be significantly more appreciated than it is. Vidya sadly has a consumer base largely consisting of children and 30 year olds still living with their parents.

I never played the original, is the Director's Cut worth looking into?

I feel like reviews I've seen either claim it's a bold, atmospheric subversion on standard game mechanics by making you examine how we as a people are all interconnected, or it's a long, long, shitty exercise in tedium and intentionally time wasting item management.

Attached: 6986563.jpg (740x1024, 49.7K)

I loved the mechanics upgraded all the bases.

The gameplay design is very original, but extremely repetitive so i understand some people dont like it.

The plot is a hack, as expected from kojima

I liked it. Despite this there's still a lot of issues with it imo but my biggest gripe with it is that for a game so focused on walking, they could've added a portable music player instead of locking music into the private room where I barely spend 5 mins in to shower, piss, shit, and sip.

Attached: FB_IMG_1651187647497.jpg (1080x608, 57.83K)

You either adore it, or you're like me and you despise it.

I'll be honest, I didn't really try to like it, but the few hours I played did not give me a good impression. Endless cutscenes, endless exposition. Endless pseudo-intellectual Kojima verbal vomit. It's just not interesting to me. It just feels entirely pretentious and I wish I didn't play over 2 hours so I could have refunded it.