Is this thing worth 41 faith?

is this thing worth 41 faith?

Attached: 20220430224117_1.jpg (1920x1080, 245.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado
youtube.com/watch?v=lIibLi2U8qs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not specifically but if you are making a faith build you should probably get to at least 50 or so anyway for faith scaling weapons and other incants.

No, only useful in PvP for area denial and Elden Stars is better for that.

Not at all.

nope, it's garbage for pve and don't even think about using it for pvp

I'm doing a faith build but I'm try9ing to focus a little on health right now, I just wanted to know because if it were exceptionally good I'd try to rush it

if you get good at using honed bolt, it can be a fantastic roll catcher.

Question:
I'm playing on a Frenzy-themed build, but the das capital is kicking my ass. And allegedly this is just before the game kicks into overdrive with its enemy scaling, because I'm headed down the capital sewers ASAP to get my fucking frenzy sigil thingy finally and I have to deal with those big giants and all the sewer imps/rats/mouldymen and all that shit first.

Currently Lv 60, with 12 VIT / MND / END, 16 STR, 21(?) DEX (it's enough for Vyke's Pike) and 30ish in FAI / ARC.

Should I respec? If so, what's a fun build?
I hear they nerfed madness incantations in a recent patch and maybe that's why everything suddenly sucks now. As it stands, the spear crucible knight and the draconic sentinel in and outside the capital respectively both OHKO me.

Attached: FOVNc87XsAAr_AJ.jpg (1895x1668, 303.5K)

>12 vit
Lmaoaml

Attached: 1650502710352.png (712x125, 123.89K)

>12 VIT

Attached: 1430883849421.png (235x236, 40.57K)

what's the point of upgrading shields? does that decrease the stamina consumed while getting hit?

No

How the fuck am I supposed to use elden stars? It must have a niche purpose, right?

it's not that good but honestly if you aren't hitting at least 60 FTH you might as well stop at 25 or 30 for buffs only

Guard boost does increase, just only every third upgrade or so and never on the first. Otherwise, it also increases damage on shield bash.

It's been manageable until now. My problem is I've been pumping scaling stats, but that's no longer reflected in my damage output. Shit got too tanky too quickly.

Anyway that list I found that summarises some datamining on enemy stats says it goes [and I copied this verbatim]:
>12 - Leyndell / Nokstella / Volcano Manor
>(DAMAGE SCALING JUMPS UP A LOT HERE)
>13 - North Caelid
>14 - Leyndell Sewers

So OK then, how much VIT do I need?
Probably going to hit up Moghwyn Palace and grab the war surgeon set as an interim measure to boost my defenses and grind runes on the frogmen.

No, unless you're desperate for a mix-up tool. You can just use swarm of flies, or even bloodboon now to annoy people. Free aiming Giantsflame Take Thee in tight spaces on the other hand? That shit from 80% below will kill someone in PVP if it lands. Elden Stars is unironically better than Flame of the Fell God, too.

And for context, no I'm not using any of the stupid sore/scarseals.

Attached: FO9vNtaWQAcG87U.jpg (1952x2486, 595.01K)

if you're mostly doing damage with the spear then the ARC doesn't do much for you at the moment. you can also grab the +20 FTH physick knot in weeping peninsula and move 10 points there. I would probably have 30 VIG at that point minimum if not 40

physick is only +10, not 20. but that reminded me that the two fingers heirloom also exists and is easy to get in liurnia

Faith is so much fun in Elden Ring
>lansseax glaive oneshotting endgame mobs
>giantsflame doing 3-4k per cast on bosses
>ancient dragon lightning strike doing up to 13k damage, maybe even more
>eye beam outranges almost every spell in the game

No it's slow and even if you hit something it explodes and does 250 damage I swear.

>So OK then, how much VIT do I need?

Some say 40 is enough, but I'd do 50 with good defences. 60 if you want to wear whatever you want, so you can put on the physical reduction talisman on top of it. Scaling is whack in this game. Find out what works for you in terms of moveset and stick with it. Vyke's spear isn't that great in PVE, but if you like greatspears, doing a respec can allow you to go STR/FTH for the Siluria's Woe DEX/FTH for Treespear, STR/ARC for Mohg's spear. All can be powerstanced with the regular lance if you so choose.

One thing to note, if you are going for a Frenzy build. The Frenzy seal is fucking garbage and should only be used on the off-hand for the damage multiplier it gives for incantations. Use whatever works for your intended breakpoint in incantation scaling. Up to 60 FTH - Godslayer's seal, 75+ - Erdtree seal, FTH/ARC (Recommended) Dragon Communion Seal.

I've been invading and using the extra ARC to try and proc the madness more often.
It works, but people everyone has such low VIT early game that we 2HKO eachother, and I unfortunately grabbed the +8 halberd in the process of building this character so 80% of the time I get matched with overleveled gankers making PVP not very fun.

I wanted to fuck around in Stormveil using the madness stuff because no one would have experienced it yet, but most people playing now are probably on their second playthrough so it was never going to really work anyway.

I might respec. Vyke's is alright but this is now realy just a PvE character, for which it's a bit slow and the damage just isn't there unless I'm fighting the incredibly rare tarnished enemies.

Thanks.

Attached: FPXRE7tVcAA9MQr.jpg (1080x1560, 160.33K)

Honestly FAI/ARC is pretty damn good even after the bees nerf because you can still shit out bleed but with buffs and rot breath and the occasional pest threads to melt big bosses. Your pacing is just thrown off because of the damage focus early on I guess. I think 35 FTH/50 ARC dragon seal ends up with 330ish incant scaling which is around 75 FTH Erdtree seal equivalent

I tried an 80 Faith build vs. FATH/ARC and it's kind of embarrassing how limited you are, even at 150. It's great if you don't want to use weapons at all and just plan on invading/dueling with incantations, but in PVE you lose a lot of versatility provided by bleed/poison while only paying a 20 or so points in the difference between the Dragon Communion Seal and the Erdtree Seal. I will never let go of my whips, so it's doubly shit to play pure FTH.

Not him, but are the hero graves worth doing? I spent an ungodly amount of time getting through the shitty steamroller puzzle only to get corner-ambushed by a skeleton.

I had a similar feeling but with trying to use INT/FTH which has the worst weapon selection ever. I respec'd to INT/FTH/ARC which ended up being better despite being really weird. Prince of Death's staff requires way too much investment to reach good scaling which became impossible to accomplish within reason while the golden order seal hits 338 incant at 45/45. The gelmir staff is better at lower stats but that only hits 280 scaling at 45/45. The scaling imbalance made sorcery effectively worthless. INT/FTH/ARC ended up with 314 sorcery scaling and 311 incant scaling I think which is way better balance.

the first one is the longest of all the hero graves.

No, I tried it and from what I've tested so fire best fire dmg comes from weapon arts
its ok at area denial and it looks cool af tho

Why wouldn't you? At 12 vit you probably get one shot by everything anyway.

are you doing a low level frenzy build for invading/pvp? or for fun? when I made my madness invader I initially specced into INT and cheesed through the game with rock sling and then respecced to madness once I had everything I needed for pvp
might wanna consider that if you're just looking to fill out a build

How's your farm coming along?

It’s a gimmicky spell which you can find some use for if you decide to incorporate it, but at 41 fth you will have several other better options which cost less fp and are more practical. It’s good for ambushing, its slow travel speed makes it so you can hit the enemy at the same time as the spell for massive damage.

>12 vit
Looooollll you will not survive the endgame with 12 vit, but pls go ahead and try

>eats all your fp
>misses completely

Attached: meteorite_of_astel_sorcery_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 15.66K)

liara is canon, cope.

No reason to level arcane if you're doing a frenzy flame build. Faith + arcane is for dragon incants.

Put that 30 arcane into vigor. Everything will 1-shot you from Lendeyll onwards if you try to keep playing with 12 vigor.

High level Faith stuff is a lot more fun to use since the latest patch. Glad I've actually taken in slow since launch.

Unfortunately they tend to have a lot of goodies in them. I'd check the wiki to see what's in them and only go for the ones that have something you want.

They're so annoying that I ignore pretty much all of them after my first playthrough.

It looks cool though
And it utterly annihilates large enemies. I used it on Fire Giant's phase two, very cool way to end the fight

is there a black flame equivalent of the sacred blade ashe?

>I'm very underleveled for the current area with shit VIT and refuse to use good accessories to boost my stats

Dude, what the fuck do you even want?

Yes, it's in the godkiller's prayerbook in Stormveil. It's like a drawstring grease, where it applies super quick but only lasts like 8 seconds.

no no, I have that spell, but I wanted to use it as AOW. I can't buff my sword with black flames because it's sacred. I want to know if there's a way to turn your weapon into a black flame weapon by default.

Which weapons aren't complete shit for Occult infusion? For 35FTH 45 ARC Flame Art isn't that great anymore but Dragon Communion is still the most viable for Incantation Scaling

things with inherent bleed and then you put seppuku on them for more bleed

I put a +0 dagger with bloodhound step on it that I can quick swap to, spamming that to move gives a lot of spare time on running

Its s ganksquad too

if i'm doing a regular Dex build but i want to get a bit more out of my bleed procs with my katanas, how much Arcane should i aim for? 30 ish?

you would have to bleed infuse to get arcane scaling on the weapon. occult makes the scaling incredibly arcane biased but bleed/poison mostly keeps the old scaling but lowers the base damage a lot and adds some arcane scaling

No. All you have is this

eldenring.wiki.fextralife.com/Ash of War: Black Flame Tornado

Not for PvE, has some utility in PvP, but requires you to have some skill, creativity and cunning to use effectively.

lame
I wanted to be a black flame swordmaster inquisitor

the godslayer greatsword has black flame innately on it, but there's no active particle effects on the sword, just black flames when you hit enemies

It's like a homing lingering flame from Dark Souls 2.
But shit.

Out of curiosity, how the fuck are you doing a frenzy build for PvE? What are you using for weapons/incants?

not him but frenzied burst does decent damage at amazing range and flame of frenzy does some crazy stagger damage if used point blank
its definitely shittier than a regular sorcery/incant character because your spells are more niche and you're limited by your own madness buildup, but its playable

Gravity magic sucks ass. Rock Sling is based but that’s it. I hope DLC gives From the courage to go buck wild.

youtube.com/watch?v=lIibLi2U8qs
yes