20 years of podcasting, how many good vidya podcasts are left?

20 years of podcasting, how many good vidya podcasts are left?

How many stayed that way?

Attached: 63891961-D3AD-4C50-A274-BB2A830BB1B0.jpg (500x500, 61.07K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/abET8H3Ru1Y?t=207
youtube.com/watch?v=4cAfPWgiE7E
youtu.be/7R8SyNZQaPg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

imagine the cope

I miss Ryan and Giant Bomb before Patrick so much. Why do Jews have to ruin literally everything?

Attached: 1400704102636.webm (1280x720, 2.64M)

>Giant Bomb still exists

Attached: 1341621804191.gif (316x213, 1.9M)

Letsfightaboss is good; if you dont mind sitting through libtard rants every now and then

Isn't that one of those woke tranny "games journalism" rags?

man, why does everything has to turn to shit?

She got robbed.

in name only

The world ended in 2012

This is hell

I used to listen to the bombast every week, but at some point there was a realization that they were more or less a stand in for actual friends. It was really weird to me that I knew all about these guys' lives and interests, laughing at various in-jokes, but to them I didn't even exist. Not so much in a please acknowledge me because I'm a stalker sort of way, but more like how it would be weird for someone to think they're friends with a celebrity for seeing all their movies so why should I feel like I'd be friends with some podcaster.

I can see why streaming has taken off. That little dopamine hit of having a chat message acknowledged in real time must make viewers feel like they have a real connection.

This shit was gay even in 2008

bombcast dead
beastcast dead
waypoint has a tranny now plus austin went away

rip vidya podcasts

It's over......

Austin was always trash too

I never once listened to podcast. or whatever these "Old" E-celebs people post about.

Yes, I consider and I am factually better than you, and not gay, like you.

We used to bully kids like you on school, people like you would always go home crying.

Attached: image_2022-04-30_230051252.png (408x660, 211.22K)

Only podcast I listen to is Sacred Symbols

Based

as a matter of fact I do

Attached: 1651370813423.gif (153x220, 743.44K)

When's Ryan coming back from his honeymoon?

Imagine being mentally ill and seeing trannies in your soup lmao

"I never once listened to podcast. or whatever these "Old" E-celebs people post about.

Yes, I consider and I am factually better than you, and not gay, like you.

We used to bully kids like you on school, people like you would always go home crying."

Attached: cs.jpg (800x450, 79.2K)

>podcast thread
>hurr guise i never listan to podcest here pepe dirrrr
Lol, fat child, lmao

Out of curiosity whats you're fav GB moment? It isnt a moment per say but the first podcast Vinny was on after having his first kid was really special to me. You could really tell that these guys really cared for each other.

>Waypoint
Faggot.

Attached: eren looking down.jpg (1203x1203, 93.14K)

I feel like the world went to shit after Ryan died. Like he went out at the peak of human civilization the day after his wedding.

Attached: 1622382785826.jpg (1280x720, 200.01K)

why didn't he wear the fucking cpap

Why did he shake the baby.

>ugh it's that gross user guy
>ok fine
>you can smell 'em if you REALLY want

Attached: 1645655782224.jpg (1080x1080, 134.13K)

mega64 remains the best podcast on the internet

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 115.82K)

youtu.be/abET8H3Ru1Y?t=207

The comedic timing of "let's watch the pro" is perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=4cAfPWgiE7E
I haven't watched it since they aired it but I remember it fondly.

Its still good but its declined a lot overall in the last couple years but still manages to be kino at times. The couch set up was really the best they ever had, the openness of the set really allowed them to do more, run and jump around, do music bits and physical comedy, the newest set is the most cramped yet and its completely not comfy.

the endurance ruuns, and the first year of UPF where it was literally an excuse for vinny to chill and have a beer with the boys before going back to his family

Any crumbside niggas in here? I only listen to WWP.

i love mary so much bros

Attached: file.png (1637x856, 2.24M)

Needs raw sex

Are they pretending to be retarded? I hope so

I agree. I don't watch the video portion really, just listen to it. But it was a mistake to move out of the old iconic place, like 15 years of memories in there. I would've bought it from the owner.

Do people still watch GB after literally all the old crew left, leaving it a soulless content farm with a bunch of zoomer hosts now?

nextlander is alright since is just og giant bomb guys. pretty low energy most of the time though.

thing is, the entire content creating side of gaming now is all sissies. overly sensitive nerds who would cringe at someone doing a chinaman accent instead of laugh and, genuinely uses the word "problematic", so you just need to find a group that's the least grating.

my personal favorite is minnmax. good vibes and a great rotating cast of often funny positive and enthusiastic people with often good thorough takes on games. with the occasional kino developer interview. a couple extra faggy people sometimes but the cast is in Flux enough so it's not a deal breaker like it was when Ben and Abby where on giant bomb podcasts.

I never knew Giant Bomb as anything other than a basic video game web site and have no idea who any of these people are. But I need podcasts. What do I need to know before going into episode one?

yeah fuck these eceleb threads im glad their fans are being tortured

>current GB anything
>good

Attached: 1585758243659.jpg (570x539, 48.01K)

I was always happy to listen to them, but I had plenty of friends back then (not so much today) so it didnt phase me at all. it wasnt until Jan and Jason got on that they were just very uninteresting to listen to. It felt like every new member tried to be "one of the guys" or known for something instead of becoming like that organically over time, they tried to rush it.

>thinking about watching the ye-ol'de thursday night throwdown's again
>they are all still behind a paywall
>the old google docs are all dead
i hate this timeline

Attached: 1294847309940.gif (400x225, 303.26K)

i dont think it was a mistake, it was kind of a shithole since it was an old automotive shop the set always got really hot, which is why they always had that side door open, theyve just not really utilized their new studio space very well

Copulation and Insemination.

Attached: 1645655123347.jpg (1080x1080, 56.05K)

>Comrade Alex
>nu-Vinny
>Brad

Attached: 1500787818903.jpg (677x631, 92.53K)

I actually really like Jess/Voidburger and the way she bounces off Jeff and is just as stubborn as him about what she likes and doesn't in games. She'd have been a great hire years ago when there were other GB originals still working there.

Putting Bakalar in charge of GB is such a boondoggle it's fucking insane. That moron has been failing upwards for over a decade now and I'm positive putting him in charge is why Vinny and everyone left.

Jason slowly dying in agony is penance for him abandoning his son.

Punished Jason lmao

I used to really like Beastcast when it was just Vinny, Bakalar and Dan (with Abby away on holiday). Why'd they have to go and fuck it up.

I cant believe I was exited for bard vinny and Alex. GB is bad but theirs barely tolerable.

All they had to do was keep Jeff G, Vinny, Dan and Drew together. Mary would also be acceptable.

people dont like them and i dont blame them because episodes can be really good or downright terrible, but i still feel like castle super beast/SBFC are the only gaming podcast that actually talks about niche shit or behind the scenes stuff while seeming pretty into the topics. i still havent found a replacement for them when it comes to gaming

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 1.28M)

I wonder what Abby is up t-

lol
lmao

Attached: untitled.jpg (611x629, 111.19K)

Dan got his dream job and for some fucking insane reason Red Ventures decided to promote Jeff "Fridge Reviewer" Bakalar over fucking Vinny to be in charge of the "Gaming Division"

Bakalar has been an absolute failure at the job. He drove off 3 out of 4 day 1 employees. Can't afford to keep people like Danny O'Dwyer on as guest staff members and instead runs shitty music vlogs and rolls his eyes whenever Jeff brings up Red Ventures financing a trip to Japan, not an unreasonable request for a company that's supposed to be built on video content.

Attached: 1351157757378.gif (374x354, 1.94M)

I still listen to them out of habit and because I do generally enjoy their banter but I always skip Woolies mandatory 60 minute fighting game rants and usually drop an episode entirely whenever they devolve into their libshit "hot takes" -ugh Elon Musk can you believe it ugh. Dude lives rent free in Pats head.

Is that a tweet from famed comedienne Abby Russel? Nice!

Although I can't deny if I was in Vinny's position and had the opportunity to ass fuck a chick who looks exactly like my wife but 15 years younger I would have gone for it too. Sure it killed Giant Bomb but I bet he hadn't nutted that hard in a good decade.

I got the impression that Vinny and the others left because they were sick of the corporate red tape and wanted to do their own small scale thing.

youtu.be/7R8SyNZQaPg
>i have faith in 3 game companies bathesda, bioware, and blizzard
it only gets funnier with time

Attached: 1641602000543.gif (220x220, 1.32M)

Attached: kwab.jpg (760x501, 25.54K)

never listened to podcasts
never watched a streamer
always closed out of the video when they bring up their personal life

Depends entirely on how much you can tolerate Simmons.

Attached: yovideogames_3187.png (334x270, 39.35K)

They hardly talk about video games anymore but honestly, there isn't much to talk about right now anyway.

Attached: 64873120_10156192430080927_292158480226189312_n.png (720x720, 524.97K)

Attached: 1432523910659.gif (270x356, 2.12M)