Why do fighting games keep dying so quickly after release?

Why do fighting games keep dying so quickly after release?

Attached: 1651365347969.jpg (1054x726, 412.68K)

Other urls found in this thread:

voca.ro/1o8jjHPe4mrV
iskofxvsmatchmakingstillbroken.com/
iskofxvsmatchmakingstillbroken.com
twitter.com/AnonBabble

uhhh smashbros? you said our part- fighting game saves franchises.

modern gamers need instant gratification and constant assurance that they're good, so they get filtered by any genre that doesn't suck their cock every hour of gameplay

can i get kof xv on PC for 30 bucks yet

So what your saying is modern gamers like games that are actually fun and fighting games usually aren't?

voca.ro/1o8jjHPe4mrV

this Faggot OP thread was sponsored by arcsissies.

Attached: this kills the charterfag.png (1079x638, 47.43K)

Most people realize there isn't enough time to catch up to the veterans before the game dies.

Because the genre is just not fun for 99.9% of the playerbase.
It's basically all combos and flowchart at low and intermediate level, it get boring very quickly.

holy mother of cope, enjoy your q times.

$60 base game with constant $19.99 DLC packs on top of a steeper than normal difficulty curve.

Because fighting games are a Ponzi scheme, it was massively popular during the arcade era, the boomers that got good at it wanted more, so they encouraged the release of more fighting game.
Of course there were less newcomers that got into it than during the arcade era, but a portions of these became good at them, so along with the boomers they demanded more fighting game, and the cycle kept on going.

Until today where there is not enough newcomers to keep the cycle going, what's happening is that those dedicated players are running out of punching bags, because the original newcomer experience of mashing button with your friends have been replaced with getting perfected in online, alone in your room.

Kov XV is just bad, that's why

Spics be seething.

Attached: 1646876552507.png (600x600, 245.17K)

They fucked up the matchmaking

iskofxvsmatchmakingstillbroken.com/

You know it's bad when you can get a match in fantasy strike faster than kof despite more people playing kof at the same time.

>Fun means I win
EOMM scrub

>matchmaking is broken
>basic shit that makes game barely playable
>"Very Positive" reviews on Steam
Why would they care lol? Dumb fucking spics eat that shit like you wouldn't believe.

Attached: 1631218581145.gif (192x144, 3.25M)

PC is where games go to die.

Unfortunately the console release's matchmaking is now fucked up. The prince will flay whoever the network engineers are one day

Ps4 is fucked up and I'm pretty sure Xbox is super dead for kof

No, he's saying people like you are brainless casuals who can't handle challenges

this
why are we having to pay upwards of 120 dollars for a more complete edition of a game

>criticize kof
>ITS THE ARCSOYS
reeeeeeent free

It's pretty good

Its some obsessed spic who thinks that saying anything bad about KoF means you are "arcsissy". Hes the one spamming these twitter caps too i agree with him that steamchart posters are turbo niggers that need to get fucking hanged.

Attached: 1648418650918.gif (220x363, 990.61K)

hot voice sex me pls

>can't even succeed after getting the smash bros bump
Brutal. This game must really suck ass.

*you're
retard

I started playing fgs recently and im having fun climbing the ranks. stop being a bitch. Its ok if you dont like the genre. Stop doing these mental gymnastics to cope with the fact your casual ass got hard filtered.

That's Yea Forums's natural state because they larp too hard

They're overpriced and they take time to get good in.

>They're overpriced
that's really all that needs to be said
and snk expects to be an AAA level developer lol

>no one posted sakuras assWtf

Why do spics like KOF so much?

Cause everybody that understands them scares away all the scrubs who can't even chain two normals together.

So all the casuals usually get in and get out because by then all the casuals will have been scared off.

I'm curious if DNF is going to do alright. Very simple fighter with simple inputs, and there's a lot of degen shit in it so casuals can fraud some wins. Netcode is good too

SNK cabinets were cheaper than Capcom's

because they're just e-sports shit
unfun, unpleasant, require autistic devotion to 'gitting gud' at. But all of this doesn't matter when the real killer is the fact they're stuck in the past, and demand a box cost buy-in. fightans might be more alive if the basic game was free. ASSFAGGOTS got where they are because there's millions of f2p players who'll congregate in boring, unfun, autistic e-sports shit games just because they're free.

they might as well become f2p because they love holding off characters from the base game until they can charge extra for them

based drunk rant

Don't think most of them play xv anyway. They mostly play versions of 98 and 02 to care about this game.

it saves games that are good
unfortunately KoF is ass unless you've been playing it for 30 years

One of my biggest problems is that they have become such low effort B level production and they ask too much money for that level. We have big time developers making really big games now.
You can talk about how that makes those kinds of games soulless, but look at modern fighting games. Do they look soulful to you? To me, they were more full of soul when they were sprite based, because that meant they put a lot of work into those games in some way. Nowadays, they just look like they're manufactured on an assembly line with low grade models and animations and they still charge 60 dollars. It's even worse when they recycle those animations for the next iteration and it's still a fucking B level production game and it's STILL full price. And they STILL have the gall to sell DLC for more characters they "didn't have finished on time for the base game". Really, you expect me to believe that bullshit?
We should be criticizing these halfassed developers and avoiding purchasing their games until they step up their game, not feeding into their shitty system of selling unfinished games that are just a legacy of an old forgotten (and rightfully so) time.

Try 2002 or XIII. You just need to get used to the mechanics. Kof tend to change them and moves of some characters for some games.

that's 910 more people than I could hit up for fightan irl right now, only need one person for a game

kof 15 is great, but fighting games in general have a huge problem on how they handle updates.
new characters/teams are basically seasons and encourages people to play only during the character release window, and then bail until the next team is out.
like I could play it right now, but why not wait a few weeks until yamazaki, geese and billy are out?

Attached: iori-97-art2.jpg (900x1400, 97.89K)

I fucking hate how unhinged Crapcomfags and the R/Kappa chimps started this retard player count shit to fling shit at one another. Especially when it came to their petty tantrum of not having X-Men or shitty ass coomer picks in their shitty Mahvel.
If your player base isn't much on PC, big fucking whoop. There's a reason why most would rather play their fighting games on consoles rather than a PC. Like what fucking retard decides to buy a gaming PC, to just only play fighting games?

Attached: 1650487743110.jpg (960x704, 82.1K)

>If your player base isn't much on PC, big fucking whoop. There's a reason why most would rather play their fighting games on consoles rather than a PC. Like what fucking retard decides to buy a gaming PC, to just only play fighting games?
Ignorance isn't proof of anything. Just because Sony hides player numbers doesn't that FGs are more popular on consoles. And I will stand by this until someone can give actual console player numbers of just 1 fighting game

>Ignorance isn't proof of anything. Just because Sony hides player numbers doesn't that FGs are more popular on consoles.
That's some grade A mental gymnastics right there to try and pathetically justify on why players should play fighting game shit on PC.

SNK is a shit company and shipped a broken product and it looks like they arent interested in fixing it at all (just like kof14 and samsho).
iskofxvsmatchmakingstillbroken.com

This KoF launch was the biggest ever in the west and they completely squandered it. Why should anybody bother with them at this point?

Attached: 1624590369587.jpg (720x481, 34.76K)

primarily they were easier to pirate and bootleg.

You are completely delusional about the production values.
And bitching about recycled assets for a fucking SNK game while implying that it was better in 2D times is just the peak of faggotry.

Because they all use automatic matchmaking now.

-tons of people play fighting games on PC now, especially since people finally woke up to the fact that they run like rancid shit on consoles
-shit is broken and dying on consoles too

Weird that people still got matches on their consoles. I heard the problem with pc is because of wifi config or something.
Honestly the 3d animations did improve from the disaster that is kof14 so I give them that.

>I heard the problem with pc is because of wifi config or something.
please dont post about shit you are completely clueless about. also matchmaking is shit on consoles too.

kek they actually made a site for this. I'm waiting for a steep discount on kofxv

Just because you play Skullgirls and DBFZ on PC, doesn't mean a lot do play fighting game shit on PC.

fuck off retard

Damn I like how SNK make dudes seethe and shitpost over them endlessly for some reason now. Don't even know what they did to make them do so.

They sold a broken game.

Fighting game are fun. People get triggered when they lose enough 1v1s where the other guys teabagging you. It’s not really like professional sports where you can fuck the guy up or dominate the guy the next play. If you get tilted online you’re done.

its a good site. refutes all the shill arguments too.

Calm down. It's just what I heard. And some that play on consoles like ps4 stated that they got matches because of the time. So for games with small base of players you should take the time/traffic into account when searching for matches.

Stop making excuses for that horseshit company you fanboy nigger.
When the game still had 5000+ players people still couldnt find matches. So they obviously quit.

Oh if it isn't the company mark defending his oh so poor company that is so poor it has to reuse its toilet paper supply just to keep its ass wiped.

spaz