Comfy Switch Thread

What are you enjoying on your Switch this weekend Yea Forums?

Attached: Nintendo-Switch-Mario-Kart-Comparison-HEADER-770x433.jpg (770x433, 104.16K)

Why the fuck havent they made Nintendogs for the Switch? Shit would sell like hot cakes.

Animal crossing new horizon, lumines remastered, shikhondo soul eater, and Touhou Anitonomy of a common flower

Just started this highly intellectual experience.

Attached: 2x1_NSwitch_GalGunDoublePeace_image1600w.jpg (1600x800, 331.02K)

Trying out the DQ Builder 2 demo but the time killing unskippable cutscenes and dialogs are starting to annoy me, probably go back to Nobody Saves the World. Might grab Kotor also, but I don't know how good of a port it is.

Attached: Matte 2.jpg (2079x1728, 645.21K)

Remember to redeem your gold points from physical games!

Kotor is a very good port. The only spot it lagged at across 3 playthroughs was in the under city, and once on the tatooine pod race consistently in only those 2 spots and the pod race one never seemed to happen again after a retry

I'm going to grab it, DQB2 is just pissing me off with the incessant dialog and loss of controls.

Attached: Matte.jpg (3779x1678, 1.1M)

I've been thinking about picking up metroid dread. I thought samus returns was meh but apparently dread is pretty good so

Attached: 1405270585380.jpg (1270x720, 94.05K)

Dread is awesome. Have you played the demo on the eShop?

Yeah Dread is great. Movement, bosses, art direction, level design, really good stuff. Definitely recommended

It's what sold me on the game, actually.

Attached: 29e2edd8c94a880079793d99350bda22.jpg (760x1140, 442.87K)

Triangle Strategy demo, I'm currently on the fence so it's nice there is a demo for it

SwitchSlide.
github.com/WompaStompa/SwitchSlide

Attached: 2a6.png (1280x720, 28.71K)

Dqb2 is one of those games that takes like 7 hours to get through the dialog to freedom. It's a good game but chapter 1-3 is a fucking slog

I gotta finish Turtle Rock and also get drunk and play Switch Sports.

Attached: 2021082811515400_s.jpg (1280x720, 204.78K)

I saw Pekora play DQ, so I'm considering picking up DQ2 and DQ3.

Attached: 1638334451249.gif (498x498, 1.78M)

SMTV. I wish Nintendo has released a Switch Pro, because this game performs like ass.

Is the fire emblem game good?

I'm just waiting for it on PC.

I'm playing Dragon Quest II mostly after beating 1 a few weeks ago.

FFXII
The speed boost makes it quite relaxing to grind
Proto-auto-chess
It does boggle the mind
More than that, I'm surprised they didn't go back to their Hey You Pikachu idea and just make Nintendogs: Pokemon Edition
I think people would go nuts for a Pikachu Pet simulator

You might as well just emulate it now.

user, how is XII on the switch? I was debating picking it up for the portable factor.

Nah, emulation is always choppy and a bit ass. They're gonna port it, so I'll just pirate it then

I just started Skyward Sword HD. Honestly I always really liked SS artstyle. But in HD its just gorgeous. Its just great to look around in that game

What is this for?

It's most just Unreal being shit desu, switch pro wouldn't do much for Unreal on ARM.

Playing final fantasy 8 remastered. I wish i was playing it on a oled switch but i cant justify paying that price and not being able to hack it like my current switch is.
Also does anyone have any recommendations for joycon replacements? Ive been using pic related since my stock joycon started drifting but its rumble is garbage and it keeps getting disconnected even though its attached to the system. Im considering just getting new official joycons but i want a proper dpad.

Attached: binbok-LED-Joypad-1024x576.jpg (1024x576, 59.28K)

For quick multiplications where you don't mind a bit of analog error, like if you're building a bridge in the 1950s.

Blue ocean shit isnt doing all that great on Switch aside from Ring Fit and Clubhouse to an extent. Turns out thats what happens when your 100 million userbase is actual gaming fans and not grandmas in retirement homes.

>It's most just Unreal being shit desu
XBC2 is trash as well, and is on a completely different engine. Switch hardware was dated at release.

Is the OLED model a worthy upgrade? The footage I've seen makes the games look much nicer. But should I hold ou5 for Switch 2/pro at this point.

>mfw blue ocean is finally dead

Attached: 1590511239189.gif (336x252, 1.11M)

Xbc2 was a skeleton crew rushjob, I'm not saying the hardware is good, just that it being better wouldn't do much for Unreal games because the engine is shit.

How are the controls? I didn’t ever play the original, but I’ve heard mixed reviews about the remakes control scheme.

Playing Binding of Isaac and Triangle Strategy. BOI is one of my favourite games ever. I played it on PC and didn’t rate it, but playing it on Switch just clicked for some reason.

As someone who couldn't stand the controls and had numerous tech issues, Skyward Sword HD is superior. It isn't perfect, but not bad for what they had to work with.

Oh okay
Can't really answer that becouse I have no idea when Nintendo is releasing the switch 2

user, totally go for it. I thought the original was not all that great to play in portable mode and never did it, but the new version makes playing in portable mode worth it and helps a lot of games look and feel better.

It looks amazing. My wife's kid loves the new screen because of how pretty it makes the game look.

>7 hours of pain
I was already edging an aneurysm from the dialog and the pink bitch, them I realized every recipe was going to waste ten seconds of my time. So I'm giving it a hard pass.

also
>tfw couldn't just put your boot on the pink bitch's head while she was lying in the water and save ourselves the aggravation

Attached: 1599857857480.jpg (480x272, 17.64K)

I swear retards complaining about the original Skyward Sword tried to play it without the Wii motion plus.
The remake is far worse than the original. Say what you want but the original didn't drifted on its own, but the remake does.

The fuck are you on? I had the original drift all the goddamn time and it barely worked.

>play through FFX remake recently
>game looks and runs perfectly for a handheld game
why didn't they just aim for PS2 graphics on the switch? I know it's dated, but at least the game isn't washed out and 15 fps.

Only if you play handheld only or are a smashfag who's too stupid to get a wired internet adapter instead

Thats the dilemma. If you play on a tv the oled model isn't an upgrade at all but for off screen its everything. Personally i dont think the original switch's screen quality is so bad that you need the upgrade. Its just the black levels.

Lulu is the fucking worst. She's one of the few women I say needs rape correction.

Did Bloodstained ever end up being decent on Switch? I first played it on a shitty laptop that could barely run it, so I'm used to poor performance, but hopefully it'd be at least slightly better. I'm just curious to try all the stuff they've added if it's on a steep sale some day.

Unreal is okay but the biggest issue is that it scales down VERY poorly with the CPU.
Unity and UE are both very CPU heavy by default.
If you look at most other Nintendo first party titles like Mario Odyssey or Splatoon or MK8DX or Astral Chain, they look great and perform quite admirably. And MH Rise does too.
The issue is that the big third party free engines assume you're running on a normal console or PC where CPU clock speed isn't a huge issue.
I'm hoping the Switch 2 fixes this issue

I've had the debate myself multiple times, but even as a handheld user it's not worth the price/effort to buy/transfer to a Oled.
plus I'm a giant homo and like to customize my shit, but there's no 3rd party Oled backplates available.

Attached: 1555643393611.jpg (370x326, 76.64K)

I've been grinding through completing the Pokedex in PLA. I'm nearly done. Sad I can't benefit from getting Darkrai or whoever in BDSP anymore.

I have $40 on my eshop wallet. What should I grab?

How is DC universe online on switch?

Is it dead? Looking for a handheld action mmo. If there are better ones on switch feel free to recommend.

>How are the controls?
If you use motion, it's pretty much perfect. You'll have to recalibrate every once in a while like every other motion Switch game, which is a single button press, so no real issue. The new camera control on the 2nd stick makes it borderline impossible for me to ever go back to the original as well.

If you play buttons, they did a weird thing in which you have to keep "R" pressed to move the camera, since the stick also moves the sword. Which does feel clunky, and takes time to get used to. The sword controls themselves become even more precise than with motion tho, which are already good, so it's kind of a trade off if you prefer that.

Trying to finish all three houses routes in time for three hopes. Didn't know I needed to see Edelgard's coronation in order to start crimson flower, so I guess I'm doing Verdant Wind twice now.

my arm got sore playing switch sports for 5 hours. looking forward to playing more

I played the original start to finish and never had a misinput. While the remake constantly drifts and misses the angles of my attacks.

I’m on the fence about switch sports.

Shill it to me.

Triangle Strategy any good? How's the story?

(OP)
>What are you enjoying on your Switch?
My copy of Luigi's Mansion 3 arrived yesterday, I'm currently grinding Wumpa Coins on Crash Team Racing with a turbo controller meanwhile playing Yakuza 6 Elden Ring, Ghost of Tsushim and Genshin on PS5.

I also have tons of fucking games on the backlog like Astral Chain DOOM 1, DOOM 2, DOOM 3 and 64, Bravely Default II, Aggelos, Blasphemous, Demon Turf, Ion Fury, Hotline Miami 1&2, Dragon Ball Fighterz, Ender Lilies, Vesperia, Steamworld, and other 200 games.

But also I am playing most N64 and Sega Genesis games, last week I was enjoying Majora's Mask, Gunstar Heroes and Sin & Punishment.

I dunno how you ppl handle your backlog, guess I will stop getting games for a while except for Xeno 3, Bayo 3 and Splatoon 3.

Just hoping that Nintendo announces a new DK and Super Mario Odyssey 2 this year.

Attached: 1651364653167.jpg (684x855, 118.8K)

Women don't exist if you play it in English.

I'd rather no women than Japanese cat screeches honestly