Technology gets better

>technology gets better
>art direction gets progressively worse

Attached: 1566089768324.jpg (663x756, 171.88K)

It's cheaper therefore it's better.
That's literally all that matters.
Anyone who disagrees is some kind of limp-wristed, bitch-titted communist that cares about "art" and "culture".

This. It's pokemon, nobody gives a shit about the quality.

>Serena ages and gets bigger breasts
>Ash and Misty don’t age
The fuck is up with the anime

Attached: 1589479019004.jpg (919x1024, 229.49K)

is Brock black?

I am not the target audience anymore and i'm pretty sure you aren't either.

>even the weird little lightning bolt things on ash's cheeks got smoothed out

Attached: 1612760388933.png (946x536, 322.54K)

Shut the fuck up, leftypol.

both are fine
you’re a faggot, an even a bigger one for caring about pokemon, let alone the pokemon anime

Brock is every ethnicity.

Attached: ac530324c2272d4d9124a241e942079b.jpg (1077x781, 519.9K)

>implying OG pokemon anime wasn’t cheap trash too

>generic 90s anime
>generic 10s anime
What's the issue here?

what the fuck, you're right. it looks like a weird little mustache now and i can't unsee the difference.

Bottom is more expensive since it's actually animated unlike the first season.

no, he's jomon

uhhh Japanese Fighting Games

>What's the issue here?
generic 10s anime looking worse than generic 90s anime?

Attached: 1453084650764.gif (512x384, 1009.45K)

>generic 10s anime
Not even, nu-pokemon looks western as fuck.

MONEY

this is what happened when workers deming rights
they do the job 100 times worst at 100 more cost

anime was always underpaid. the quality is higher than your average cartoon and the salary is like 1/5. cant blame them tho. 3d is here to help.

so?

underpayed allow quality in anime, now that they have some rights aleady starts do nothing and GCI is needed to conclude an anime in time

Some millennials are just now coming to terms with the fact that they can't adapt to new media standards because we're all old and not the intended demographic anymore.

Attached: Ef9v_oLXgAMQnGA[1].jpg (640x480, 36.89K)

why is mexican

XYZ was the last good series. The story should've changed protagonists right then and followed up with an ash movie.

You are all so incredibly retarded in this thread holy fucking shit. The designs were simplified to allow for greater animation quality while still being able to put out episodes weekly. Pokémon has always been static and boring for the most part animation-wise, but if you've actually watched the sun and moon anime (and you aren't just an assmad XYfag) you will know that the show has good direction and great animation for a change. You might not like the character designs, but it has a purpose, and not just to be "cheap" because YOU think it looks bad. Kill yourselves.

Attached: me when i see a nigger.gif (500x383, 484.65K)

anime has to pay more. is not about reduce their rights. japs aren't aren't woke niggers demanding money because they need a costly late. draw good and animate at that level is not something you find in every corner. also is not a job you can do all day long. plus you need to cover health for carpal tunnel and shit.

fucking slaver.

They both look like shit, but bottom has some excellent animation. It's obviously better.
You need to be either a child or a tranny to care about pokemon anyway.

i prefer the new one once it actually gets in motion

slideshows with better art > shiitty art with more fluid animation

see: 90's berserk and hunterxhuner vs modern

I wonder if, to zoomers, the 90s version looks weirdly blocky

the real problem is how standardized and bloated game development became. Too many people, too much money rolling around.
It's quite literally impossible to inject soul in any big project, as the turnover rate is extremely high and even the most crucial roles are seen as expendable by the board.

Attached: 1638231978720.png (1381x1035, 2.15M)

sun/moon anime is beautiful you shut the fuck up

Attached: masaka.jpg (1280x720, 597.41K)

The shading is more consistent. Can't say which I really prefer without seeing more, but the lack of clear noses is bothering me.

If this was a new series, sure, but this is a long, long going series that has had a visible decline in art direction.

but modern berserk is the slideshow

>A still defines the entire show
you retard, the Sun and Moons anime is much more animated than the Indigo League.

Completely wrong. People hate 2016 Berserk because it's animated like shit with lazily done CG. Great animation will always be valued higher than better artwork even if you should strive to have both.

97 berserk is still better than the movies

Bottom is calarts in everything but name, limp wristed bitch tittied communists are the exact kind of people who would like it.

THIS ISNT MY CHIDHOOD! THIS ISNT MY CHILDHOOD NOOOOOOOOOOO! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

still better than xy anime

Attached: 1c7874e717d0e8bb52b5b8045c5da398.webm (854x480, 2.04M)

Dark skinned asian

>muh profits, definitely not 'culture'
its all culture retard. money doesnt make things.

All the Pokemon anime are mid. In fact, there's only 3 in the medium that are objecitvely good. All this zoomer Spy x Family and Mushoku trash are so bland and forgettable.

>muh Calarts
you wouldn't know Calarts if you bit you in the ass.

>that god awful rotoscoping
knew what it was from the thumbnail, never forget

So uncanny

>60fps vs 144fps

>eating your bagged and wrapped whole potatoes after they spill onto the dirt
Disgusting.

You know, part of Pokemon I always liked and felt went underacknowledged was the casually pseudo-futuristic tech and style. Looking back on the early seasons of the anime especially, the presentation of the more clean and high tech parts of the world, the architecture of gyms and pokemon centers, I really like it. Are there any animes or games that feel similar in that regard? Monster collecting optional, obviously.

Here's another example

Attached: 1651254084836.jpg (699x441, 291.85K)

Different styles incel.
Also the OG anime was poorly animated.

Bottom won awards in Japan because of it's expressiveness and animation.

Vector graphics were a mistake

Attached: 1642211339859.jpg (1280x720, 60.44K)

Why does this look so weird? I cant formulate exactly how its bugging me and irritating. I cant even tell if its the characters or the background. Its like they are floating above everything else that exists around them

>nips are retarded
Wowzers.

Attached: cia.jpg (1137x640, 42.44K)

The movements are slow and weightless. It's as though you're looking at two people on the moon.

Would still do things to Misty.

>graphics are barely better than last gen
>filesizes triple

>sequel retcons a mechanic from a previous game

Attached: 1651229975319[1].png (600x676, 688.52K)

I'm gonna guess it's because they used male actors for the rotoscoping. And that's gonna look really off when they're trying to depict teenage girls.

>The designs were simplified
Pikachu wasn't simplified and it still looks worse.

Attached: picka.jpg (609x400, 34.19K)

Is the bottom a spinoff episode from another cartoon or something? One where they visit the "PokeyMan" universe of something?

>ash-greninja was retconned out of existence
>it's entirely possible they might start retconning megas as well if pushed
oh god

Attached: 1566835696601.jpg (505x537, 28.98K)

Nope, that is what the Pokemon anime looks like now. They ditched the old style because it was harder to animate, the bottom style is generally more fluid and when you see it in motion you can SORT OF forgive it.
Doesn't explain why they felt the need to round out every fucking corner.

You don't even know what animation is and think stills define everything.

The thing about technology is that it standardizes. The more you use, the more standardized the product. This is the difference between a home-cooked meal and fast food.

At least name them pussy

On one hand I absolutely hate ash greninja and all the favoritism they give to ash's pokemon, but retcons are lame. Just give us more battle bond pokemon so that it isn't special anymore.

>Doesn't explain why they felt the need to round out every fucking corner.
Curved lines give you more leeway when animating with regards to maintaining a shape's form. Straight lines are more obvious to notice when they're "wobbling" every other frame.

>food analogy
Two can play at that, just because a burger looks better doesn't mean it tastes better. That's posting a single frame of the original run vs animation from Sun/Moon

who the fuck eats individually wrapped potatoes like that

Oh, okay.

>The designs were simplified to allow for greater animation quality
Which didn't happen at all either. The animation still sucked after the art style change.

Battle bond is too close to mega evolution without its sole limiting factor, the fact that you need to plan ahead and gimp your pokemon out of a held item. And lord knows if they did something in the anime they'd have to try and milk it in the games.

Presumably it was better than the older one

>Kira Brand Individually-Wrapped Potato Chips for Eating

>being a pokemon fan in 2022

Attached: imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-t9uAtWEWlsD9.jpg (730x767, 136.12K)

I can sorta buy this but I feel like it'd be even more noticeable when they do something blatantly wrong given the lines are all much cleaner and simpler now. It's not so much an issue of hiding mistakes as it is with making those mistakes less likely, I figure.

Soul vs soulless

>simplified to allow for greater animation quality
And look how that worked out.

Attached: 1565540478231.webm (476x266, 1.22M)