Do you actually play old games on your emulation handheld?

Do you actually play old games on your emulation handheld?

Attached: RG351v-LinksAwakening.jpg (1000x750, 128.92K)

yes

Attached: 1638684356205.jpg (1080x1369, 358.9K)

nah im a normalfag and play on my phone.

Attached: 1633920419619.png (1920x1876, 2.12M)

I have RetroArch on my Switch, it's bretty comfy

i still have my gba from 2001

Alright, what's the best anbernic handheld if I'm interested in emulation up to 5th gen?
There are like a fucking gorillion of them and none seems to be the definitive one, they all have some good things and some terrible ones.

sorry for wut?

I'll tell you after I'm done with AliExpress shipping purgatory.

Attached: 1622953998301.png (829x1023, 713.79K)

Yes. It's the comfiest way to play games.

Attached: PXL_20211028_190842954.jpg (1024x768, 224.35K)

Might grab one. How big are they?

The size of a Gameboy pocket or Gameboy advance.

This looks great but why would I not just make one myself and know that it 100% will work? 3d printers are cheap.

Depends what you mean by fifth gen. If you're mainly interested in PS1 it's hard to go wrong. Most relatively new handhelds can handle that no problem; just pick something that's not obviously shit and has features you like. If you actually want to play Saturn and N64 you're going to have to get pickier.

Hey is there any simple way to install romhacks on android-based devices besides just moving them over from a PC?

If it's android-based with wifi you should just be able to download them to the device and move them within the file browser, no?

she bumps into you as you're walking down the hall and that's the start her dialouge if I remember right

I could but I have to download the romhack, unzip it with Zarchiver, patch it with Unipatcher, and move it to the appropriate folder. This sounds simple but doing it through the android interface is a pain in the ass, and I'm hoping there's some simpler setup that I'm just ignoring.

I've been playing a bunch of Zelda-likes on mine. I've finished Golden Axe Warrior, Beyond Oasis, and Alundra recently.

Yes, how could you tell?

Attached: 1650724082750.jpg (4160x3120, 3.23M)

Of course, why would i buy it if i didnt want to use it?

Attached: 3BF6FC67-3819-47F2-870F-4BC58C3BCA60.jpg (4032x3024, 2.3M)

the best overall anbernic device is either the rg351mp or the rg351v. most of the other devices either are outdated and too weak for 5th gen, or they have shit aspect ratios which is going to make everything but gba look terrible.
if you want n64 and dreamcast, you will probably want to go for a retroid pocket 2+. i hate these things for every other system though because of the control layout.
saturn emulation is going to suck unless you get an ayn odin or something.

I've got one of these coming eventually in black, too.
How do you like it?

Does this shit just drain the battery at all times? I bought a new battery because the old one kept dying on me, and I fully charge this fucking thing, play it for an hour, set it down for like a week and the battery is back to being completely fucking dead

Are you turning it off or putting it into sleep mode?

once i get my replacement steam deck back I will definitely be playing some gamecube and ps2 games in bed

Fully turning it off

>handheld
NO!

Attached: 852.jpg (680x401, 39.27K)

I got mine a couple weeks ago. They’re pretty nice. My first emulation handheld.

Attached: A0C9455C-759E-46B4-97EE-7D63DEC1E4DF.jpg (3310x2510, 2.2M)

Are you connected to wifi?

No

Yeah on my switch

Using your phone isn't acceptable in public unless making calls

>this opinon
my gf calls me weird cause I don't like to be on my phone in public. Like if we're waiting for a train or something she and pretty much everyone else will pull out the phone while I just look around and enjoy nothing going through my head.

I got a rg351m a few weeks back and love it

Doesn't a vita do everything these consoles can?

Have you tried powering it down without the SD card in it to see if the battery drain changes?

How comfortable are these horizontal consoles like RG351MP or the Retroid2 compared with the vertical ones like the RG351V?
They look like they will eventually give you cramps compared with the verticals.

It depends on the shoulder buttons and if the game you're playing requires the use of R2/L2.

I've never had a problem. I think if you don't have a problem holding a DS or PSP then you won't have a problem with a RP2 either.

The vita is honestly best at and for Sony emulation (ps1/psp) everything else it can run the older stuff relatively fine with minor hiccups here and there but somethings it just cannot run. N64 never worked and i dont think it does now. Saturn doesnt work at all, i think dreamcast never ran well on the vita either though i could be misremebering that one. It was mind blowing back in the day because it was the only jack of all trades handheld but now it doesn't have any advantage over the andriod or pi based handhelds especially since for some God damn reason people are selling them for top dollar on the second hand market

>he bought a vita for emulation

Attached: 1650511611157.png (1039x559, 260.99K)

Yeah got me one of these just to play Genesis and GBA games. Playing old games just validate my stance that devs moving away from sprite art was a mistake. I get it but goddamn some of these games holds up really well in terms of looks.

Attached: 2B41A11B-4AA5-4E46-89A5-A93B4A5DB91D.jpg (640x640, 39.1K)

Anecodtal but I haven't charged my RGV351 in over a month and just turn it off.
Turned it on and it has 75% battery.
I have the 315Elec custom firmware on it though

>doesn't talk about gameplay
graphicsfags get out

Here i present you the SUP m3 SUPER VIDEOGAME CONSOLE, with the following features:
>+300 chinese-translated nes/gameboy/snes/MAME games
>able but not limited to playing only street fighter 2010 and the yellow emperor conquest
>banging audio playing hardware, so you can play your favourite tunes from chinese translated metroid zero mission anywhere you want
>it has "the ressurection of hitler" in the MAME library (actually bionic commando but chinese translated"
>cant install new(better) software for emulation, but why would you do that? come on, do you need more?
>devil-fast 20-ish fps in the snes emulator
why the fuck wouldnt you buy it?

Attached: sup m3.jpg (600x600, 34.85K)

I'm not gay

It's good for emulating psp and ps1

Might get an rg 351v, how good is the GBA emulation?

I like the chummy aesthetic of the control panel.

Other than it not being the right screen resolution, bretty good. Might need to look at a proper screen ratio if you want GBA though.

What is the advantage for gameboy games when they could just be played on your phone

touchscreens are trash

That only matters for fighting games though right? I beat megaman xtreme on touchscreen, and I had a good time.

I just really fucking like portables

Attached: handhelds.jpg (4032x1960, 2.21M)

is the grey miyoo mini that gross and yellowed-looking in real life too? i feel they missed the mark on the color really.

>Why get an MP3 player when you could just use your phone
>Why get a camera when you could just use your phone
>Why get a portable multitrack recorder (pic related) when you could just use your phone
>Why get an ereader when you could just use your phone
>Why get a UMPC when you could just use your phone
People like you fundamentally can't understand why someone who is an enthusiast would like to buy something specialized for their interest, or what the appeal is of these more niche products. You're part of the reason why the average person is a braindead ape who can't use a computer because they use their iphone for everything.
>Inb4 consoomer
No, fuck you. Niche products aimed towards people who are actually interested in them are cool. Replacing everything cool with generic smartphone shit isn't.

Attached: 71mwthf7DQL._AC_SS450_.jpg (450x450, 18.02K)

I think the Odin is overkill for Saturn but there is a wide gulf between the Unisoc/Rockchip/Mediatek chips and 5 year old Snapdragon chips right now and it kinda sucks that it's the case. The real question is why Exynos chips which are worse than Snapdragon chips aren't in the mix as well. The gooks would have more money if they sold their excess chips to chinks making handhelds.

>and I had a good time
Not everyone completely lacks standards

>Using your phone isn't acceptable in public unless making calls
Have you been outside lately in the past 5+ years?

redpill me on the analogue pocket

You didn't beat the game

Here's a better photo

Attached: collection.jpg (2880x2160, 1.61M)

thanks for the pic, but it only confirms what i was thinking.
guess i'll go for the white one.

Best screen I've ever seen on a handhel. All of the LCD gilters are fantastic. It's very solidly built

On the other hand, half the software promises are missing, the L and R shoulder buttons aren't the most comfortable to use (very similar ergonomics to the SP shoulder buttons), GBA is fine but it's not as well handled as GB/GBC, and honestly the device is kind of big and weighty for what it is. It's about as big as an OG brick gameboy which makes it questionable for actual pocket/portable use

If you just want to lay back on your couch and play GBC games though, it's pretty much best in class IMO, and it's not like it's bad at GBA or anything, just not what I'd say is optimal

appreciated
any issues with the cartridge slot?

are these chinese devices nicer than playing on a 3ds?

I wanna play some GBC/GBA stuff but the stretch on the 3DS screen doesn't look the best, and native is tiney

Attached: 3ds.png (787x785, 542.19K)

It's weird to me how people can peruse on a phone for hours in public while I'm perfectly content with stimulating my brain just watching people around me. Then again they're just interactive newspapers. I only ever whip my phone out for looking up definitions or info on something that just popped into my head.

Attached: 1479760757064.jpg (480x282, 19.11K)