Has been worked on for 2 decades

>has been worked on for 2 decades
>still can't run any game properly
>in order to fix MAYBE 1 or 2 issues, you have to change literally all the settings
>or you have the band aid solution of pressing F9
>this is perfectly fine according to most, since there has been no other attempt at PS2 emulation asides from other random emulator made by other incompetent devs

Attached: 1620144239662.png (500x323, 44.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

xemu.app/
youtube.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=rFivwxmxFOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is there a good Xbox emulator?
I want to play jet set radio future

Attached: Jet.jpg (640x480, 55.69K)

yes. problem?

Well this ran 100% perfectly at Native Res and I'm pissed cuz it allowed me to play this piece of shit all the way through without issues aside from 1 or 2 audio issues.
You're wrong OP but I wish you weren't cuz fuck this game.

Attached: ps2_dark_cloud-110214.jpg (640x908, 96.46K)

Theres no other emulator, get over it fagohod

Xenia has even more issues than pcsx2, don't bother for now. At least Phil apparently autherized emulation development for 3rd parties so its something I guess? Wait a few years.

Unlike PCSX2, the devs for Xemu are actually quite competent and have made good progress these past few months
xemu.app/
I have also heard that cxbx reloaded is good for JSRF as well

Attached: 1639722385884.png (500x500, 359.28K)

>>this is perfectly fine according to most, since there has been no other attempt at PS2 emulation asides from other random emulator made by other incompetent devs

This is the part that pisses me off the most. Hell, I've seen idiots argue that the PS3 emulator is now good enough to ditch your PS3 itself and you are an idiot for keeping it around "unless you like plastic on your shelf" or shit that's even more retarded than that... because it can "play" 60% of the PS3's library now. Apparently being able to just be able to manage to glitchfest your way to the credits on 60% of a console's library is most people's standards for an emulator that is worth enough to replace the actual original hardware itself.

I am not saying they have to be bsnes levels of cycle accurate to be considered viable replacements, but just about anything past the PS1 and even barely that is a joke still. N64 is especially shit. Even Switch emulation is in a better state than N64 these days.

Xemu just recently had a massive update, it fixed many games that on both Xbox emulators were unplayable for years, such as Blinx 1 and 2. Unfortunately, Xemu also broke many games months ago that used to be playable that are still not fixed to this day.

I think both of them (Xemu and Cxbx-Reloaded) run Jet Set Radio Future fine though.

I have never had much of an issue with this emulator outside of it taking a lot of per game settings to get things going, especially when compared to things like RyujinX or Citra.
Are the retards complaining the same ones who say Retroarch is 'too hard' to use?

>an emulator worse than pcsx2 is somehow better because uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Works on my machine, have you tried not being poor?

Ok consoomer

I used to think these posts where exaggerated or a meme but after using pcsx2 and literally any other emulator I've been enlightened. Now tell me, is the PS2 just a hard console to emulate or are the devas truly as shitty as people say

All that matters is that the emulator plays the games you want to play so RPCS3, despite being a joke compared to more compatible emulators like PCSX2, is still most likely better than the actual PS3 hardware. Because what few games that are still exclusive to PS3 tend to run better than they do on native hardware. And by games we mean Demons Souls and...
RPCS3 isn't anywhere close to perfect but I've used it more in the past 4 years than in used my PS3 in the past 10 years.

You just don't know how to configure simple emulators, it's fine.

>Now tell me, is the PS2 just a hard console to emulate or are the devas truly as shitty as people say
Like the ps3, ps2 had an unorthodox architecture, so dev were given the greenlight to work around it however they wanted, which could deliver interesting results.

Consoomer of a free emulator..

>Ape Escape 3 still has a billion problems
literally how?

The problem is that the emulator was made ages ago. Long long before accurate emulation was important and well in the era of it being standard fare to use HLE and game-specific hacks to get past something the emulator did not support.

PCSX2 is 20 years, yes, TWO DECADES (Initial release was March 23, 2002) of code built upon code built upon code, which has had major ideology shifts in how emulation should work and should be tackled during that time. Even the best devs on the planet are going to have a mountain of work attempting to manage that much old code. And they are the only ones really working on any feasible PS2 emulator, so it's not like they can collaborate and get help/help others with their open source PS2 emulator.

It would require a MAJOR project like a total rewrite to manage to fix a lot of this shittyness, which would be a mammoth undertaking attempting to start over from two decades of research and code piled upon code piled upon code.

That being said, all hardware has some quirks, some more than others. Especially older hardware (Ironically modern hardware is less of a mess) and the PS2 did have several proprietary aspects that can trip emulators up, though it's no utter mess of something like an Atari Jaguar or Sega Saturn was.

if all you're going to do is complain then buy a ps2 or make your own emulator you pathetic nigger

PCSX2 is and always has been LLE so you can disregard this post. The emulator is also good and has been constantly improving over 20 years.

>All that matters is that the emulator plays the games you want to play so RPCS3, despite being a joke compared to more compatible emulators like PCSX2

Ah, here's one of those people now.

First of all, unless you only cared for about 5 or so games on the system, chances are one of your favored games is not going to be supported. Also, there is a difference between "playable" and "a good experience". Playable literally just means "You can go from the title screen to the ending", it doesn't mean the game won't be a total glitchfest, or that it won't crash every 10 seconds, or that you can do any optional/sidequest aspects that aren't required to reach the ending. Halo 2 for example got it's split-screen co-op broken in Xemu nearly a year ago.

Many people see "playable" and think it means "The game runs fine, maybe a broken shadow or polygonal model here and there". No, it can mean that a game completely utter mess of broken glitches and crashes for optional content, but if you persevere enough you can make it to the ending in the same way a speedrunner can glitch the fuck out of a game to hit the ending.

On top of that, those compatibility lists are user-maintained, it doesn't mean they are still accurate. Regressions happen, I have seen many games listed as "playable" that WERE playable at the time... but on the latest version of the emulator cannot even be completed at all.

>N64 is especially shit.
it's really not though, it's been good for like what, 3 years now?

I have a PS2 but my CRT is broken little faggot cousin ran magnets up the side of it and PS2 looks bad on LCD. at least I can upscale with the emulator

It plays FFX, that's enough for me.

Oh its a shill thread makes sense. When is your rpcs3 competitor coming

I never said the emulator itself was HLE you sonyfag, learn to read. I said it was made during that era of thinking where just using hacks was considered perfectly acceptable.

I didn't ask for your arbitrary definition of what playable means.

isnt the duckstation guy starting to work on ps2 emulation

How many times are you going to make this thread? Yes, PCSX2 does have a large share of issues. Yes, if you want better accuracy and less problems, you should hang on to your Ps2. It's just like you said, however, in that there just isn't anything else to rely upon. How do you plan to remedy the situation, because sitting here and bitching about it isn't going to deliver us a better PS2 emulator. It's fair to want to vent your complaints, but be productive about it.

Personally, the emulator has worked fine for me. It's played obscure games like Armored Core, that didn't have issues. It ran the popular games like Ratchet and Clank, and that didn't have issues. I believe I only had one major problem, and that was with Jak 3 and the immense amount of slowdown in the desert area. Until sony mass produces Ps2 consoles again, it's something we're gonna have to deal with.

Attached: ok.png (246x205, 7.25K)

You can just press F9 on all games and play on a crt monitor.

yeah he's been doing good work apparently

That's literally the definition emulators use. Nobody asked for your opinion that just because it works for the handful of games you would play the there is nothing wrong with the emulator but you decided to shit up the thread with that anyway.

Is it me or there is a disproportionate amount of trannies in the emulation scene?

You shouldn't have to own a 3080 ti to run ps2 games at 4k

I didn't ask you sperg. For all intents and purposes most emulators are good with some games not working. It's better than whipping out old hardware and in most cases it's all we have.
Stop crying, I don't care and didn't ask.

Rent free

As long as they don't stick rainbow and pastel flags all over the emulator I couldn't care less if someone who identifies as a helicopter or blender worked on it.

It Can run DQ8 and Persona 3 just fine, it's all you'll need it for too

Attached: 1648322029716.png (216x178, 60.17K)

dilate

>I didn't ask you sperg. For all intents and purposes most emulators are good with some games not working

Translation: "It works for the handful of games that I personally would play and I can't understand why accuracy is a good thing so I am going to rage all over the thread defending it.

>Stop crying, I don't care and didn't ask.

Nobody asked for your shitty ass opinion either but you decided to speg all over the thread with it.

Shilling is okay as long as it's an actual good product

I didn't give an opinion but a fact. You're just being a sperg screeching about accuracy when 99% of people couldn't care less as long as the games they want to play work. And they usually do.

I don't disagree with any of this, the way the whole emulator is set up is the exact opposite of user friendly.
You basically have to look up every game, find out what the best settings are, tweak them to your hardware, then screencap the settings since you'll have to change them all the second you play a different game.

I did notice that once I stopped using the 'stable' release and started using the nightly ones, most of the problems I've had in games graphically have all been fixed at least.

Most decent games on PS3 are still unplayable on RPCS3 on all but the absolute highest end, most powerful hardware. Yeah, you can play Demon's Souls, Gran Turismo 5 and The Godfather: Don's Edition just fine, but other games such as MGS4 or Uncharted still run like a slideshow.

The UI and automatic, game specific patches are something I wish PCSX2 would adopt, though.

ps2 hard to emulate prease understando

>MGS4 or Uncharted
Bro we are talking about emulating video games here. For those two titles refer to: youtube.com/

Attached: 1411202330942.jpg (545x545, 70.77K)

Attached: Screenshot_2022-04-30-14-57-52-1.png (1964x1106, 222.93K)

It runs Megaman X7 perfectly for my disgrace

He's made it 150 days in a row now.
All because a pcsx2 dev fucked his wife

not yet

Didn't they add per game settings?

I've been playing Chaos Theory again and it has weird performance drops but otherwise it works. Fun shit

You didn't give any facts at all, you argued your opinion that it plays the handful of games you want so there is nothing wrong.

Sperg some more retard.

I like how you're pretending you can't even read at this point. Truly mentally unstable.

Why do you like to project your cuck fantasies in threads that criticize this shitty emulator?

>it's been good for like what, 3 years now?
6 years.

Theres only a handful of games I can think of that need extensive settings, but other than that the things fine. I started using the Qt build and it finally lets you use individual game profiles.

Nightly?

It's cute when retards think being contrarian then pulling the "you fell for my trap card" makes them look like anything other than a child too young to be here.

>n64 emulators still glitch out on OoT pause menu

Prove it.

Why hasn't anyone else started their own emulator? Every console has like 5 different emulators to choose from, yet ps2 is stuck with this ancient piece of shit held together with duct tape

Dude call up the pentagon, some crazy towelheads are gonna fly planes into the twin towers next year.

Why haven't you?

seethe cope dilate?! this is what pcsx2 haters literally do all the time.
The emulator is fine as long you have a capable PC and are not the average stupid zoomer.
youtube.com/watch?v=rFivwxmxFOE

Attached: gs_20211227215848.jpg (3200x2240, 1019.44K)

Most open source emulators tend to have at least one build a day, if not more. A lot of emulators don't update their "stable" build for months or even years while the emulator is getting small updates every day for dev/nightly builds.

The nightly builds are not tested much and can utterly break stuff one day so they don't want to release them as stable, but with how months or even years can pass between stable builds, at this point might as well get the nightlies. If something does break, it's likely going to get another nightly release in under 24 hours that fixes it anyway.

PCSX2's last stable build for example was in 5/7/2020, but they have had ten nightly builds in the last three days.

Maybe the PS2 is just that confusing to enulate. PCSX2 is getting better as it recently got a huge performance boost aftersplitting into SSE and AVX2 versions and getting Vulkan support. The one thing I can't understand is why it doesn't have settings savable on a per game basis. That said, a lot of games are quite playable on PCSX2 and I've had a lot of fun with it.

>gt4
progressive mode is broken. many effects only work on sw mode
>sh3
have to choose between broken textures or broken shadows/grain effect
>killzone
random crashes and broken textures
>gtasa
buggy textures
>j&d
have to use sw mode for lod water/correct mipmaps
>sotc
sw mode or native res to avoid misaligned textures
>dq8
sw mode required to beat the game
>sly 2
issues with >native res
>getaway
sw mode needed for shadows and reflections
>mgs3
sw mode needed for correct dof
>n4shp2
sw mode needed for many effects
>forbidden siren 2
broken polygons, car sometimes doesn't work. sw mode needed for many effects
>sly 3
same as sly 2
>ratchet 1
sw mode needed for fixed menus
>black
character gets stuck
>burnout 3
many effects need sw mode
>gta3
buggy cutscene
>wrc 2
sw mode/native res needed to fix lines across the screen
>sly 1
see sly 2
>burnout revenge
same as 3
>initial d
buggy textures

Because I have 75 IQ

A chad fucked your wife. You endlessly seethe about it on Yea Forums. It's not a projection, it's your reality. Kek

Nightly builds rarely regress and if they do its quickly caught. The only reason why emulators don't have stable releases often is because no one wants to step up and plan a feature freeze. This is why Dolphin is on revision like 15000

i actually didnt knew about the "f9 band aid" so no complains today,PCSX2 fag

>No Manhunt
lol

Or you could just buy a PS2 at s garage sale or something. Or a PS3 even. Softmod them and go from there.

>gtasa
>buggy textures

Attached: file.png (303x399, 54.48K)

The real PS2 is terrible with aliasing.
It can't even reach 640x480