For an old game (yes, a 2010 release is old af)

>For an old game (yes, a 2010 release is old af)
>I absolutely hate older games

Is this reasonable?

Attached: Untitled.png (315x236, 33.57K)

Hating on old stuff is a notmalfag thing. My mom hates grainy movies from before the 90s so she just spends all day watching modern netflix bargain bin flicks. I imagine that this happens to games too as people are often turned off by the graphics

Is this one of those threads where we have to guess what game this is based on the Steam review?

Not really, but you can try if you want to.

But kids love the pixelshit, and Amogus was huge.

Amogus isn't pixelshit

absolutely. I'd even say the old dudes who still play mario 64 are concentrated autism.

>tEh Slick 0strich of dO0M *raises spork*
>reasonable

Old pixelshit also play like pixeshit, while modern pixel shit tend to have refined controls/QoL things etc...
it's not ONLY about graphic

>platforming a single retard
Yep, it's American hours.

I don't consider it to be old, but I'm in my 30's. Damn. 10 solid years of SJW bullshit and constant hate. Welp, at least the industry is oversaturated with games now. It's nice having so many options.

depends. i'd be fine replaying Super Mario World or Doom, but hardly anything between 00-10 i'd consider touching for some reason.

Reasonable from the perspective of someone who was a child in 2010, unreasonable otherwise because gaming stagnated in both the graphical department and many older companies just not releasing anywhere near as much as they used to.

Attached: 74983215.png (1280x800, 1.83M)

>>For an old game (yes, a 2010 release is old af)
If you're 12 years old maybe. Witcher 2 was released in early 2011 and it still looks and plays really well.
>>I absolutely hate older games
It's a matter of taste I guess, but there are plenty of older games that are still worth a try.

Attached: 6450bd8d-b89c-45ac-beba-156edfccb23d.jpg (3840x2160, 1.84M)

Yeah, he probably owns a PS4.

it sucks my fellow zoomers are afraid of old game

No. 20 years is the threshold for old.

It's a bit odd that someone would state their preferences so plainly in a review without providing anything of value. Most likely this is a kid who grew up on nothing but new releases and hopefully they take this game as a learning experience to try older stuff. We all have to start somewhere.

It's Heavy Rain

Holy shit. He's a lost cause.

No, games haven't advanced a significant amount since the ps3/360 generation.

I'll be frank, I never played it and a quick search showed me that I probably don't ever want to. My point stands, if whoever this is enjoyed something that is old by their definition despite a clear bias, they are more likely to try it again perhaps in a different genre.

>Amogus was huge
Yeah, for a month. Then the attention spanless cretins all moved onto the next FOTM.

To zoomers it is, technically its old because we are now in the year 2022 but to me its not old old. That starts sometime before 2007, before the influx of normies into gaming and the internet.

Jesus christ

Attached: 1640061985970.webm (256x256, 1.88M)

>tfw I still regularly play games from 2007

How did it get this bad? In 2007 I wasn't playing games from 1995.

Fall Guys was the FOTM that couldn't last an entire month. Among Us lasted several months and was huge throughout, including a disproportionately huge presence in zoomer memes.

>zoomer meme
It was more then that, as much as it's hard to admit
It was fucking everywhere

Yes it is. Vectorshit is still pixelshit. I don’t know about among us, but hollow knight is hand drawn raster art and the vector-based engine renders the pixels in vectors. That’s how a lot of modern 2D engines work.

Pixelshit isn’t just 1990s SNES CPS2/3 Neo Geo Sega 16 Megadrive Saturn etc. low res low frames shit. And no that’s not objectively better than modern 2D, the people who say it is fall into two categories: nostalgiafags who were around back then and zoomers who have a retro fetish usually for hipster-like social bragging reasons

Pixelshit,vectorshit, drawnshit, all the same.
And I can't see why that's automatically bad.
I just think people seethe about a videogame that work well with minimal graphic investment in a society that push for that garbage photorealistic graphic to be the standard and spend so much money/development time on it.

It's too big now. The market is too big, the companies are too big. Everything that gets too large becomes dogshit.

Femanon here. I dont play anything after 2014.

I will judge you if you dont appreciate retro games. I will not sleep with you. You will die alone and a virgin.

And? Sex is for faggots.

wait so your mom was born in the 80s or something?
is she hot?

You're not a women, all the women who post here are bitter and jaded.

That look pretty bitter, to be fair

no, 60s. Also no, but she claims she was during her school days

ME GAMER

OLD THING BAD NEW THING GOOD

writing lol at the end of your statement is such a beta thing to do say what you want to say without trying to add humor to lighten it up. i hate pussies so much

Every woman thinks she's hot during her youth. Have her produce proof by pictures or maybe check your sister out.

>maybe check your sister out
user....

I don't like a lot of 3d older games because their UI is horrendous and various settings are shit once you're used to newer games. But not all games age equally, and not all genres feel dated either.

Overall I think I really get bothered by old shit feeling clunky when it's 3D and closer to 20 years ago. FEAR 2 and Dead Space are from 2009/2008, which is 14 years ago, and they could very well release with minor touchups (which is kinda what is happening with all the remakes lately)

Pretty much what this user says. Nearly every single ultra popular videogame with millions of sales on the market these days are generic AAA games that blow half their budget on marketing and come up first in any endeavor in searching up videogames in order to sell to casuals and normalfags. They barely have to make a fun and engaging videogame anymore when they can just use marketing to sell it to as many people as possible, and they pushed graphics so high that a significant amount of players refuse to try out games without the high quality graphics of AAA games due to graphics alone. You can't just release a cool videogame and then get money because it being cool made it popular, you have to contend with both AAA publishers pushing every other game out of visibility space and the indie scene being flooded with low-effort garbage that clutters up every list of "new release" videogames. AA companies are also mostly gone, nearly all of them having been bought out by publishers and essentially turned into publisher development studios but with a fancy "subsidiary" name, so it's not often that you get that mix between "small enough to not be made purely for money" and "big enough to have the budget to make a sick-ass videogame".

What game????

And no of course not. Game design has barely evolved since the 6th gen. We're just playing higher and higher fidelity gamecube games for the most part.

blame overinflated budgets for modern games and studios understanding that GaaS can help them milk a game with minimal expenditure

>Can't even form a basic sentence
Yep, it's Retard ESL Hours

Pretty much this. They refuse to watch anything older than themselves excluding shit like SW and Indiana Jones.

Do you consider Megamind and Inception "Old movies"?

genuinely depressing pic

I never understood this mentality. I grew up with movies from well before my time, even black and white ones, and I never had a problem with it. Same goes for vidya, I never had a problem going back to NES or Atari 2600 games. It boggled my mind when kids my age were turned off by "bad graphics" or "bad effects" (read: came out before we were born).

Attached: stitch.jpg (702x562, 66.78K)

I didnt say that. Kids love pixelshit (they do) and Around Them isn't exactly pushing cutting edge visuals or revolutionary gameplay.

yikes

>Witcher 2 was released in early 2011 and it still looks and plays really well.
lmao no get glasses or smth idk

Game?

Imagine being bound to a specific time & space, this user has achieved enlightenment

>i hate pussies so much
I bet you do since you're a faggot lmao

>plays minecraft, fortnite and among us
Haha

My 16 year old brother told me he didn't want to play Halo Infinite because Halo is a shitty ancient franchise. He plays Rainbow Six Siege.

Diablo and Diablo 2 should be removed from that list because they were not developed by the same studio as Warcraft and Starcraft.

>2010
>Old
Fucking zoomers.

If you're under 20 that's over half your life ago. It's not old for me but I get it. The younger you are the longer decades feel.

We're you playing NES games from 1988 when RE2 dropped? 10 years is an eternity in gaming.

I hope he's joking.

Attached: ccp mf.png (493x214, 100.07K)

New Vegas would also have to be removed in that case

missing rockstar presents table tennis

user there is a very clear definition of what people mean when they say pixelshit, and Among Us isn't pixel shit. It's more akin to what you'd see in flash games with that smoothed out vector look.