Can we all agree Nioh is better than Elden Ring if you want an actual complex action game and not a pretty looking...

Can we all agree Nioh is better than Elden Ring if you want an actual complex action game and not a pretty looking rolling simulator?

Attached: 2FDFDFE0-F8F9-41A0-AD8B-857BC1339470.jpg (640x640, 133.14K)

>OP is an itoddler
Opinion disregarded

Attached: Satania.jpg (1280x720, 79.51K)

Nioh 2 has better gameplay wise but Elden Ring is the true iconic game and will be talked about decades from now.

>ironic weeb
You're just as bad if not worse

The first game was good, but 2 sucks. I hate it.

How do I git gut at bosses in nioh 1

Why is there such a huge divide between Nioh and Souls fans? I adore both franchises to death, probably Nioh a little bit more for the tight combat but still hold both in high regard. Just don't get the conflict

No, Nioh is literal dodge - spam combo - dodge - spam combo

But the game has a complete parry system user.

That’s dark souls though

So does Souls combat
Souls combat isn't complex indeed

The problem with Nioh and all these Team Ninja games is their horrible accessibility. While Dark Souls games have incredibly well-crafted tutorial levels that tell you how to play, Nioh doesn't. It took me 30 or so hours to get the combat. This is why there is such a wide disparity in opinion. Granted, the amount of YouTube tutorials now has probably made it easier.

Most soulsfans are like this dude , who still hasn't got it, and probably spends 1 minute fighting a single enemy.

> Elden ring
Shit.
> Nioh (2)
Even bigger shit, they have no idea what makes souls good.

Just started playing Nioh 2 yesterday and it's already. Nothing special honestly

>Dark Souls games have incredibly well-crafted tutorial levels that tell you how to play
I fatrolled through half the first game because I didn't know about the effects of weight load on movement.

Overall yes, I like Nioh more than any Souls game, ER included though I like both series for different reasons. I really want a Nioh 3.

That is your personal problem.

Yeah, that parry system you use 2 times on 2 parryable bosses

Nioh isn't an actual action game when it has damage numbers, rng loot, skill trees, leveling and other dumb crap in it. It's just dogshit like all arpgs are.

I suppose it has less to do with Dark Souls having well-crafted tutorial levels, and more to do with Dark Souls have better online tutorials. Nioh being more complicated, has worse tutorials than Dark Souls, which is relatively simple in mechanics. Dark Souls also has the first mover's advantage in popularity.

The game never tells you about it. And I chose knight as my class so I was already fatrolling with my initial equipment.

>So does Souls combat
Not compared to nioh it doesnt.

Its better than elden ring which is the point of the thread.

Inclusion of damage numbers and diablo loot doesnt suddely make the entire combat system magically dissapear. Stop being retarded.

There is literally equipment weight written in the inventory menu. And besides, you would understand the difference the moment you'd take off your armour. That's your problem for never experimenting.

I beat the entirety of Nioh 1 using only Heavy Attack on Mid Stance Spear. Why the fuck is combat even an argument anywhere in Nioh. I just bought Nioh 2 during this sale and plan on doing the exact same Bull Earth build too.
God damn, how come every Nioh poster can't just play the game and enjoy it, but have to compare it to (current souls game) every time?

Because both games are completely opposite on a fundamental basis. It's like the difference between military shooters and arena shooters: both are first person shooters but are different in essence.
As you can see I enjoy both series but I don't consider myself a true fan of either and that's why those fundamental differences are irrelevant to me. Meanwhile for a true fan they're dealbreakers.

Because Nioh fans on Yea Forums are extremely insecure and dishonest.

Attached: 55.jpg (1032x841, 83.49K)

You missed the entire point of the combat. This is like me saying DMC combat sucks because i can beat the game by pressing triangle with the same weapon over and over. These games are not for you.

>This is like me saying DMC combat sucks because i can beat the game by pressing triangle with the same weapon over and over.
Ahahahaha
I'm pretty sure you actually do that, in the same way you claim that Souls is just roll+r1 or Sekiro is just l1l1l1l1l1l1l1l1l1l1l1r1 you motherfucking hypocrite.

"You missed the entire point of the combat even though the game has an incredibly strong attack string on an incredibly far reaching weapon, and you can build around that playstyle by just focusing Heavy Attack modifiers that are there for a reason and the way I played was better than yours and cope cope cope cope cope cope cope"
Ma'm you need to shut the fuck up

It does. Thanks to all that shit it's laughably easy to trivialize and break the game without even having to learn the combat.
>This is like me saying DMC combat sucks because i can beat the game by pressing triangle with the same weapon over and over.
Retarded comparison because that doesn't even work at all in DMC, whereas in Nioh you can legit just sloth + confuse an enemy and spam soul cores or LW or kunai or whatever to stunlock and kill them nigh instantly.

If were to argue against souls games combat (which i never did to be clear) I would say you're heavily limited by the moveset and weapon choices compared to games like nioh DMC or bayonetta. This isnt a controversial take or something its just the truth.

Spamming the same attack over and over most certaintly works in DMC. Get the fuck out of here.

why does every nioh thread on Yea Forums have to mention from software games? its so retarded now

>you're heavily limited by the moveset and weapon choices compared to games like nioh
Nioh only has one weapon per class.
Soulsborne has several dozens weapons per weapon class with their own moveset.
Nioh is the game with heavy limitations, not Souls.

Because the Nioh games aren't good enough to stand on their own so they need to use a more famous and better game as a stepping stone.

You're just proving my point by arguing in favor of using the most optimal shit in a video game over the options provided to you. Like i said before you dont understand the point of the combat system in these games. Go play a game where you're limited by the moveset and weapon choices.

If you need to cripple yourself to enjoy the game or "play a game correctly", it isn't a good game in the first place.

Did you completely ignore the dojo training missions

1kat
spear
axe
these three weapons have a more varied moveset than every single weapon in any soulsperm game, excluding the only good one (bloodborne)

The fucking meta of Nioh is to literally stack weapon and attack buffs and debuff the boss into oblivion, to the point where one attack combo will oneshot the boss even on maximum difficulty. Tell me I didn't fucking play the game.
Why would I artificially cripple myself by picking a shittier weapon or wanting to use shittier moves when I can just long poke enemies to death with HUGE fucking stagger damage for NO reason?
Next you're going to say Halberd and Spear are OP irl too wahhh thats cheating theyre too long range for my sword I cant reaaach I can't play the gaaaame!!

It has been such a long time since I've seen a Nioh thread that did not mention From software in some capacity.
Action game fans cannot stand on their own and explain why their games are good. They cannot present their games as anything but the alternative to the current fad. In other words, they are socialites and aren't true action game fans.

Sorry bro, if there isn't a massive sign with glowing lights that says tutorial I will miss it and that is the game's fault.

"you didnt beat it" is exclusively a souls thing
you have to cripple yourself or "you didnt beat it" when it comes to souls games

And its combat is still limited and doesnt flow like niohs. Weapon arts in elden ring are disjointed one button press single use move that dont chain into anything.

You can't. The closest you get to doing that is with the shitty mtx hat in 5 but you wouldn't even have enough orbs to unlock that move or spam it on a first or even second playthrough.

All you have to do is play it. The game doesn't need its honor protecting

>"you didnt beat it" is exclusively a souls thing
>Says this while criticizing people who used high stance, living weapon and sloth and accusing them of "not playing the game the proper way"

Niohfags are fucking hypocrites holy shit

Because there are two different audiences engaging with these games.

One audience is primarily interested in atmosphere/level design, and is satisfied if the combat mechanics are 'good enough' alongside excellence in these key areas.

The other primarily values combat depth/versatility and how creative they can be while exploring the games system mechanics, and is satisfied if the level design/atmosphere is 'good enough'.

Most players fall somewhere in the middle, but some overwhelming fall into one camp and this leads to frustration/criticism with the 'other' game focusing on certain areas at the expense of what they truly value/enjoy.

>The game doesn't need its honor protecting
>Says this while dong daily "Souls / Elden Ring is shit, play Nioh 2" threads

Niohfags are fucking hypocrites holy shit

I like that you can go crazy and destroy enemies in nioh. It's a shame they went with a "level select" thing rather than one big world you could traverse

False flagging

If the game didn't want me to beat it using only a one-button attack string on Spear, then why did it let me?

Attached: 1649359814927.png (503x654, 796.68K)

Because it's all falseflag shitposting. It's done intentional and it's same the anons saying the same shit about both why souls is better and why Nioh is better. It's the same replies with slight different phrasing the past 5 weeks

>Fanbase are nothing but faggot obnoxious shitheatds that make the internet and videogame discussion one thousand times worse
>"ackchually they aren't fans, they're Falsefalggers!"
Every single time

Explain why I've never seen a Nioh 2 thread that was just discussion and not anti-Souls shitposting.

fuck off with your consolewar faggotry you utter retard

Oh look it's another Nioh thread comparing it to souls games cause it can't get any discussion otherwise

Because you haven't been in Nioh threads enough to realize most the discussion for a year was Hiddy waifu, Yatsu, Itsumade and Saito posting with the occasional pre shifting/evade cancel/ item pulse cancel posts. With a Soulsfags shitpost every so often.

soulstrannies just cant stay away from the nioh threads

>Most players fall somewhere in the middle
Objectively false and proven as such.
I don't understand why Yea Forums insists that both games share the same playerbase and the vocal detractors of either series are just a minority.

Attached: souls and nioh playerbases.jpg (1707x1070, 217.49K)

Yes, Souls games keep getting faster for no good reason.

Honestly it would be for the best if Nioh were banned from Yea Forums. That series only invites shitposting.

I love both games, but I'd be a fool if I tried to deny that Nioh is much more fun to play for any extended amount of time. Souls combat gets the job done, but that's it.

Souls excels despite its combat, rather than due to it.

>P-please talk about Nioh. Look I mentioned a popular game in the OP
Niohdrones are pathetic lmao