Linux Gaming Thread

what video games have you been playing on your Linux machine recently?

Attached: Tux_Classic_flat_look_3D.svg.png (1105x1280, 105.18K)

Tux Racer: Segfault Challenge

RDR2, Elden Ring, Rogue Legacy 2 today. Everything just werks.

The Road to Gehenna is breaking my fucking mind

Attached: 1598203726567.jpg (498x456, 69.33K)

Arx Fatalis
Heroes 3
Need to try JazzJackrabbit 2

wait the extra level you're clearly not ready for this
playing Kenshi, just beat cat-lon after 100h in, i'm done it was really fun

The thing is, I got 100% in the base game, every star, all endings but Road to Gehenna is a whole other level of difficult, and that's just the base puzzles, I haven't even gotten into stars.

ganbare user! you can do it i believe in you!

>tfw Q2 Arc GPU soon to save Linooox+GNU gaming
Can't wait

guild wars 2, disgaea 2 PC, divinity original sin 2

I unironically decided to try Supertuxkart and it's a ton of fun, I played it with the gf last night and it was a blast

Vampire Survivors
Legend of Keepers

New World. Was having some issue with it crashing every 5 minutes but the newest proton experimental fixed it.
I think it was getting an out of memory error even though I have 32gb of ram and it was only using 12. New World uses a lot of RAM

Explain

>boot into my Arch install
>sound not working, again... (fuck Creative)
>color profile reset, again.. nvidia-settings -l won't load my rc file
>launch Steam
>Elden Ring suddenly won't launch
>remove launch options and change proton version, works again
>try to take an in-game screenshot, but in-game overlay isn't working
>press screenshot key
>window manager completely breaks because it launches a window over my fullscreen game
>have to force reboot
>back to Win 10 LTSC IoT install

I keep getting filtered bros

Attached: 1639970981872.jpg (351x318, 24.08K)

playing Jedi: Fallen Order now. Works great with just Proton Experimental.

Warframe, been fucking around with the new update.

>Boot into Arch
>Everything works as usual
>Play videogames
Werks for me

I keep hearing people having issues with audio and usb on linux, I've only really tried itjustwerks distros but does it really happen that often?

Not anymore, it did for a while though

Sven Co-op. Native version seems great. Just need to find how to increase the crosshair size and I'll be set.

Attached: OH NI-.jpg (2560x1440, 331.42K)

Try Ubuntu unironically

Tranny gaming thread

>thinking the drivers and ecosystem will be decent overnight
LMAO

Audio issues? sure, absolutely pre-2015. It's formatted like a bait post so I wouldn't take it seriously.

>Linux machine
just say deck
lmao imagine using linux outside of the deck for gaming, or as anything else outside of a server or a hobby computer

windows is literally developed entirely by trannies, cope more

>imagine using a better operating system that doesnt slow your computer down or get less functional overtime
yeah

Stale bait. At least try something new that's going to give me a slight chuckle, user.

>better operating system
troonix maxxcope

Windows literally bricks itself overtime and gets slower due to it being so garbage

Its not hard being better than windows

t. hackintosh user

>hackintosh
People joke about linux having nogames but holy shit

>just say deck
I've been using Linux since before Steam for Linux was even a thing, Valve shill.

>trying Arch as noob
stay stupid retard

Your OS will never be a Windows NT. You will never be a woman.

Linux doesn't work on bootcamp and I don't trust any other laptop's battery not to explode therefore I am using Windows 10

>Your OS will never be a Windows NT
so it will never be garbage? thank god

>TFW your good ol' and reliable Thinkpad lacks a GPU compatible with Vulkan so you are forced to have a wingblows partition just for 3D games

Attached: 1644259314433.jpg (1068x1080, 135.93K)

You would play and use native linux games/programs if linux wasn't shit to begin with

Who's forcing you? Show me the person who's doing that.

This person right here: Im not giving up on PC vidyia. Maybe its time for a new PC

>he thinks popularity = good
windows only ever took off due to marketing and no proper competition besides apple's OS which was only ever used for macs.

I know for a fact that if apple released their os to be used on any computer, windows would have been annihilated and microsoft would be out of business now

>resorting to apple
Jej. Don't forget your hormone medications. Linux and its ecosystem suck dick. Simple as (you even use wine LMAO)

what is the linux ecosystem?

Gallium Nine could work for older games but DX11 is definitely a problem.

There are a few ways to play winflacid games on older GPUs, but it's always at half the fps.

kernel has no games

No one asked

Attached: still.png (1920x1080, 1.35M)

>plot is about robot Yea Forums
based Croteam

i wonder why they don't license their engine, it seems extremely capable

true

Hedon. Already beat it earlier and now playing it again on the melee-only difficulty.

Attached: more like pit lord beta lmao.webm (1920x1200, 2.91M)

Looks miles better than fucking Unity. The Stanley Parable port was a fucking disappointment in the graphics department.

>retards on Yea Forums still believe the engine determines the graphics
Some things never change.

Literally yes. The default lighting system defines how the game looks unless you put extra effort on recreating it. Why not use a good looking engine in the first place?

Been playing the new DRG update nonstop basically. Runs even better now than before which is cool

>gnu+linux
it's just linux

>The default lighting system
Only absolute retards use that

Tell that to the retards the made the Stanley Parable sequel.

>a literal fucking walking simulator
The exact kinda "game" I'd expect to just use default lighting because the devs are lazy cunts.

The original had actual good writing. Not only were the graphics bad but the writing was also subpar

Been playing KSP, The Stanley Parable, and ELDEN RING when I feel like flatscreen gaming.
Recently got back in to Hotdogs Horseshoes and Handgrenades, but looking to pick up Into the Radius as it looks like a pretty cool VR STALKER experience.
>t. Cookie9

Also I just looked at it and the original.
Pretty sure it doesn't even use Unity's default lighting. They've clearly tweaked the lighting to resemble the look of the original source version

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as the Linux
kernel, is in fact, the GNU/Linux kernel, or as I've recently taken to calling
it, the GNU plus Linux kernel.