Rivet City... Home

Attached: 44etg.png (1920x1080, 1.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-57413565
presstelegram.com/2021/11/15/long-beach-overpaid-to-repair-queen-mary-and-theres-still-work-to-be-done-audit-says/
latimes.com/business/la-fi-queen-mary-repairs-20170315-story.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Bronze_Age_collapse
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

more like nigger city.

based

at least it was until i fucked everything up

Attached: R.15f55fc3090994391ae206b26c9e56cc.jpg (640x481, 55.98K)

>in Fallout 4 you discover that he was programmed to escape and Zimmerman is a synth too
SO FUCKING KINO

I KNEEL TODD

>two centuries after the war
>the most developed place in the capital wasteland is a rusty aircraft carrier

this is how real nukes works
destroy civilization for at least 70 years

but for obsidian retard nukes don0t matter anymore after 5 minutes

Attached: photo_2021-08-26_11-18-48.jpg (640x948, 88.95K)

except this is 200 years after the nukes

Oblivion with gunzzzzzzzzz

Honestly, Rivet City was one of the least insulting locations in Fo3.
It's wasn't COMPLETELY retarded. It was just insanely boring and underwhelming. The "city" is literally just a buch of hallways and empty rooms. And like every other place in the game, it has no purpose, there is no logic to it's location beyond it being arguably defendable - there is no industry or trade or tangible benefit for people staying there.

It's lazy and gimmicky, but at least it's not as hilarious as Megaton being build around nuclear bomb that just happended to land in a middle of a completely unrelated crater which was made by a crashing airplane that crashed by chance to the famous D.C. downtown airplane graveyard that somehow vanished from the map too.
Or being build around the idea that a "rich guy" is somehow rich in this post-apocalyptic wasteland without explaining what the fuck is actually he is rich in.
Or being a self-declared trade hub that is not on any trade routes and does not even have a place for traders to stay or animal pens for the caravan brahmins.
Or being literally build on a crumbling concrete highway ramp.
Or being literally a city of children located RIGHT NEXT to canibal raider and a supermutan nests.

didnt ask but ok

keyed

SO?
YOU WANT RESTORE CIVILIZATION IN 100 YEARS?

fuck off retard

ROMANS IN THE DESERT
A GIGANT CITY WITHOUT WATER SUPPLY OR FOOD

NCR DOOMED TO WIN

ALL NEW VEGAS MAP IS INSULTING AND WITHOUT ANY SENSE

you didn't figure that out in 3 when you loot zimmer's corpse?

yes but some synth are programmed to escape in order to created a terror enviroment was new

rivet city was annoying as shit to explore though, i really hate having to go through it

>rivet city was annoying as shit to explore though, i really hate having to go through it
Well, yeah, but so was Megaton. Bethesda had (and probably still don't have) any clue how to make a larger settlement layed out in both visually and technically intuitive and functional way.

Rivet City and Megaton just happen to be literally the only settlements that weren't insultingly small, so it becomes more obvious in that case.

>in Fallout 4 you discover that he was programmed to escape and Zimmerman is a synth too
where do you find this?

beause that's the point of DC

supermutans rules in it and destroy any settlement, the only 1 who can survive to grow ig enought are the ones in a strong defensable position.

a gigant trench and a warship
all explained in the institute

thanks these escaped slaves they can made a police state inside institute for muh traitors among us.

Even Member of Institute leadership are synth so LMAO

Rivet City is actually one of the worst cities Bethesda has ever made
Not a bad concept but in practice they sure did a bad job

the only real city allowed in fallout worlds

use ruins of the old war as protection

yes, that's how it works

you need 20 years to grow up and turn adult

THAT IS NOT HOW CIVILIZATION WORKS RETARD.
go to read any history book and see how much you need to create somethings

except New Vegas has water all around it including a fresh water lake

It's basically Fallout 3's version of The Strip. You gear about it and expect something great and instead you get complete shit.

Attached: Untitled.png (1920x1328, 2.95M)

point me where it says you can't build a civilization in 100 years

Fallout 3 chad would you consider making a fallout thread on the parties /muv/ board? We wont ban you for BTFOing trannies unlike 4cuck
basedjak.party/muv/catalog.html

Attached: I formally invite you to soyjak party.png (1200x800, 158.43K)

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED THE LAST TIME COMMIES TRY TO COLTIVATE IN THE DESERT
no itnernationl market
aka no access to any resource aka no civilization

civilization require global collaboration, if your neightbords die you die with them

Attached: AralSea1989_2014 (1).jpg (1024x870, 857.74K)

>you need international market to have civilization
HAHAHAHA
fucking retarded monkey

bronze age collaspe
study history retard

no market = no life

>DUDE JUST LIVE IN A SHIP
bbc.com/news/uk-england-hampshire-57413565
presstelegram.com/2021/11/15/long-beach-overpaid-to-repair-queen-mary-and-theres-still-work-to-be-done-audit-says/
latimes.com/business/la-fi-queen-mary-repairs-20170315-story.html

Attached: file.png (932x1057, 413.85K)

half of that money are for pay tax the rest is for pay for EXPERT consulation

the total repair would de facto cost 10 or 20 million

user, I don't think you fully realize how long it would take to rebuild modern society from pretty much fucking scratch.

>supermutans rules in it and destroy any settlement,
I think you are forgetting about Little Lamplight, Big Town, Canterbury Commons, Tenpenny Tower, Greyditch, Republic of Dave, Girdershade and the game's second third dumbest location after Megaton and Tenpenny Towers - Arefu.

But other than that, you are completely right. DC is an incredibly dangerous environment, and other than a DOZEN of settlemens including a literal city of little children, it's absolutely rutheless and none can survive outside of it's few massive fortified fortresess.

obsidian writing say is possible so for that retard is absolute truth
all of them are dying place rading day and night

the only 1 who is working is little lamplight but just because Supermutans do not kill children

Racism is not funny, Timothy

bronze age collapse what
come on, elaborate on that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Late_Bronze_Age_collapse

we don't know much about it cause there wasn't a lot of writing during the era, but the bronzen age mysteriously collapsed

you don't need modern society nigger
huge population centers existed in Antiquity as well

>all of them are dying place rading day and night
Not really. In fact not at all. Also - supermutants care about moral principles about sanctity of children's life now? That is a fucking funny trait that absolutely nothing in the game in any way brings up or justifies.
Also, are you telling me that the supermutants actively protect Little lamplight from the literal THOUSANDS of cannibal raiders who have no such quarells, and one of their outposts is literally just as far from LL as the mutant nest?

Because I know that is not what you are saying, but now that I think about it, that could GENUINELY be an interesting storybeat.
You see - when a rando can come up with better story about Little Lamplight than Bethesda came up with with "professional" writers over the course of half a decade, that is very telling about the quality of writing we are dealing with here.

I know what it is retard
I'm asking you to explain how this ties into civilization not being able to form in 100 years

bronze age was the first golden age of Humanity.

the name of this age came from bronze, a special metal obtained by a fusion of 2 metals.

the mines of these metals were very distance between each others, 1 was in england, the other in afganistan.

so creating this metal required global commerce but when this system broke, producing bronze was more difficult and this civilization fall apart

in no way NCR can find the resource they need to create a civilization and feed 1 million people.

why

I haven't actually played F4 but I've seen my brother play it. What exactly did the institute even want?

literally "for the lulz" or "greater good", no specifics are given (writers are hacks)

>you need international market to have civilization
You kinda do actually. There are several major and vital resources that you generally won't have access to all at once, but you need to secure them anyway. Salt, flint, wood and metals being the most common and most important ones.
Even before the Bronze age, we had major traderoutes and specialized mining centers all over europe - typically actual large scale flit production sites and salt mines.
Not to mention, cooperation is the name of the game, and developing major trade networks helps that. Sometimes, we had massive trade routes that didn't do anything BUT maintained political relationships across large number of human groups. Look into the Kula Exchange Cycle in stone-age-tech Polynesia and New Guinea.
People massively underestimate the role of trade in human history. We had large scale trading networks at least as far back as 30k BC, and likely a lot more further back in the history.

>200 years passed since the nukes
>Somehow, people are still living in cardboard boxes and shacks with holes in them
This is fine according to the pajeet nigger who insists on spamming his garbage narrative day in day out

Attached: 72625c701427552b09fad91146325d2ccc4e522ea76a6ec70db43fb59731b17d.gif (257x200, 1.24M)

>bronze age was the first golden age of Humanity.
Actually, no.
The first golden age of humanity was the Gobeki Teppe enclave. That is a GOOD time away from bronze.

no international market

modern technology require many resource form Congo, Peru and indonesia

if no one remembers it is not a golden age
A BOMB DESTROY CIVILIZATION FOR AT LEAST 70 YEARS AND DC WAS THE BIGGEST TARGET

in your dogshit game called new vegas nukes don0t matter anymore, food and water don0t matter

NOTHING MATTER BECAUSE EVERY PROBLEM IS FIXED IN SOME WAY
this is your dogshit writing

>if no one remembers it is not a golden age
Just admit that you have no idea what I'm talking about instead. This is kinda pathetic.

Dumb faggot. Even if you're just a troll, or a bethesda employee, or a genuine Todd nutgobbler, kill yourself and do the world a favour

Bro 0 resource about that age mabye could be human sacrifice culture or something worst

>post logic
>reeee troll

this is a reddit vegators at his finest
CHILDREN ARE NOT MADE IN 5 MINUTES AND THEY NEED TO EAT EVERY SINGLE DAY

this is the biggest obstacle to civilization

It's not from scratch. It's not even "pretty much" from scratch. But apparently when the nukes went off it also made people so retarded they cannot even make the slats in their huts plumb, so dust, debris, and fucking skeletons can just blow right on in.

man i raped so many people with sex mods here

Attached: 473762718.jpg (600x426, 16.28K)

>in your dogshit game called new vegas nukes don0t matter anymore
That is because only two had hit the area. Mr. House's defensive network is a pretty major story beat, how the fuck did you not notice it?

Also, in both OG Fallout 1 and 2 you can explore massive ruins of major US towns that were nuked to oblivion, and they are still safe to traverse and at times even to inhabit. Because even Fo1 already takes in era where most of the radiation levels returned to tolerable levels, and realizes this.

yes 99% of people turned into tribal but hey there is civilization in the next 20 years trust me

fuck off

yes and even in DC
what is te problem in DC?

who took twice the number of nukes of that useless with 0 importance cities and supermutans control the place

>Bro 0 resource about that age mabye could be human sacrifice culture or something worst
The reason why there is limited amount of resources about that era is because it spanned 11 to 8k BC - 3 thousand years before first stable agriculture has developed and 7 thousand before the first written script has been developed.

That does not change the fact that it was a network of stable, massive, urbanized populations with shocking high standards of living for what would be the norm for the next 11k years.

>Mr. House's defensive network is a pretty major story beat
I love the way they just wrote "An oligarch never mentioned before had a nuclear missile defense system never mentioned before but the government didn't" and nv fanboys call that shit "good writing". Fucking retards.