PC gaming is soulless?

Don’t get me wrong it’s great to have amazing graphics and framerates on a nice gaming PC but downloading a game from steam just isn’t the same as buying a physical copy from the gamestore to put into your console and have a physical collection of games. Sweaty pc multiplayer games, not to mention many pc games nowadays are actually just mediocre reskinned indie unreal vague multiplayer genre FPS garbage with no depth, with reddit tier culture, PC gaming just feels soulless. Not to mention Christmas Day as a kid opening up a new GameCube or n64 or playing funny games of zombies on Xbox back in the day with your friends. It just isn’t the same. I just don’t enjoy video games as much anymore like I used to. Playing PC feels sort of isolated and lame. I officially fell for the PC meme.

Attached: 770B03FE-776A-43CE-AD6D-F63010B77F62.jpg (1160x703, 260.94K)

ur gay

>consoles and PC have basically all the same games
>some how the quality of these games gets better on the console

retard.

PC gaming is about spending hundreds or thousand of dollars in building a machine that can play the latest games at the highest res and FPS, then playing a 20+ years old game because modern games suck. How is that not soulful?
Extra soul points if you pirated said game
>t.beating KotOR 2 on my GTX3080 right now

The best games of all time can be run on any computer from the past 20 years effortlessly. Some can even run on older computers.

Attached: DnD Pentium II 450MHz.webm (640x480, 2.89M)

free online = soulless
paid online = soul
this is your brain on peasant

Only read the first sentence or two and you're right. Not having a bunch of game cases is cringe. Having shit be ethereal in the Steam Cloud(TM) gives no soul.

Even worse now that zoomer and normalfag/non-gamer shitters are hocking "muh retro" shit on emulators. Cringing by association. It's not "retro." It's just an older video game.

That being said, it still needs to be said, 1440p144hz is ultra SOVL

Attached: amber and doll.gif (450x390, 2.23M)

MS and Sony are literally trying to push digital only releases, they are just glorified PCs that you pay a tax to use your own internet on at this point

Everything post-2007 is soulless

World ended in 2012

everything after gen 6 is pretty soulless so if you're going to have a soulless machine it should at least be the one with the most options

>play 1000's of games from any era on any graphical setting I want
>get access to DRM free games and store them to a sep SSD/HDD to access them at my own free will
>(Linux) customize the interface to emulate any OS, past or present
>(Linux) write my own scripts to load games from server through a desktop shortcut
>Custom server for online with the bros
>Instead of getting remastered games, companies can just release new texture packs and update their game
>can connect to my Smart TV via Steam Link, MoonLight, or Nvidia App
>can use any console controller, key board, HOTAS, Arcade Stick, etc...
vs

>Have to get the latest console to play the same games from last gen, but with moar fps and hi res textures
>Have to pay for online on top of paying for online with a subscription to rent the games on a monthly basis
>Can only use 1 input method
>only 1 screen at a time
>no fun devs like Naughty Dog and Sony are the top salesmen
>Can't have private servers
>Can't back up games
>Once console dies, have to get an entire new console instead of replacing 1 part
>Stuck with basic genres, no good RTS, 4X, Survival, Simulation,Tactical, MOBAs, etc
>Can't even emulate older games
>Can't play with friends who have no games

If consoles stopped existing PC gaming would get better.

Attached: Screenshot_20220421_100207.png (1920x1080, 2.32M)

>being exclusively a consolefag
>being exclusively a PCfag

Just buy whatever you fucking want you dumb ass niggers

Attached: 1616697951123.jpg (952x960, 198.91K)

have fun with disc rot or console servers closing so you can't update your games years down the road.

I on the other hand will have all my stuff backed up for eternity.

Game cases just take up space and unlike in the past most of those discs don't contain the full game as you need to download a shit ton of updates that can take over an hour on a console's slow download bottleneck.

You zoomers will never experience when it was normal to just buy a game and get the full experience without having to download tons of updates or buy a bunch of dlc.

Attached: Hard Drive List.jpg (5022x3759, 3.85M)

BASED game collectors

Attached: 1645444992060.webm (640x800, 415.98K)

>Not conceived as a videogame system de facto
>Digital (Even back then when physical was a thing)
>Not plug and play (even compared to newer consoles and games' bs)
No wonder. I don't even emulate anymore.

I miss floppy disks for pc games

Attached: 1649796884844.webm (450x798, 2.09M)

This is only true because what said was true. Modern consoles/games are soulless and not worth playing. Meanwhile all the SOVL games worth playing would not exist without consoles.

>you will never have the opportunity to bang a woman in RTX cosplay

Attached: 1644392344945.gif (248x296, 3.44M)

Oh fuck I have 5 gigs of mame roms. Avp, Cadillac and dinosaurs. And another q0 gigs of virtual pinball roms

Nintendo has already done that btw since there are several games where the cartridge doesn't hold the full game because storage size limits so it requires internet to download the rest.

Don't forget some of my favorite aspects.

>buy PC game
>I do not like it being attached to gayben's DRM
>crack it, now own it forever

>buy console game
>sony decides that I don't get to play it anymore
>license mysteriously "expires"
>get told to sit and spin if I don't like it

Nah, PC gaming has had Soul since the 90s'. The only that makes PC gaming suck as of 2010+ is:
>Streamers
>RGB faggotry
>Epic Game Store
>Normie comsoomers trying to desperately fit in by buying every new card / piece of tech like a fashonista
>Season Pass / Free to Play / Subscriptionfags
There's way more things going wrong with gaming as a whole right now, but PC gaming has a bigger indie scene with way more Soul than the AAA garbage being shat out on consoles. I'd say consoles were birth of the whole "soul-less gaming" meme.

Yeah, I buy games on GOG for that reason sometimes, but Steam has been allowing pubishers to not use DRM as of a few years ago. I can run a lot of games I got on Steam without the Launcher these days.

Based beyond belief.

>has to deal with bit rot

>mediocre reskinned indie unreal vague multiplayer genre FPS garbage with no depth, with reddit tier culture
That might be a new record for buzzword usage
Good job user

>he doesn't back up his games on an ECC server or workstation

God do I hate streamers. I hate Twitch faggots so much. Normalfags, vaginas, and trannies: all attention-whoring subhuman. Such a shame since it had a decent legacy with fighting games.

Attached: 1456980962393.gif (252x292, 933.57K)

Because it's lost its soul. There's still some, if you know the right indie/semi indepedent circles to look for games, but proper PC gaming essentially died when the PC master race meme was forced and PC became about playing console games better than consoles could. Proper strategy games, skill based FPS, multiplayer servers in general, and a regular stream of experimental and varied titles completely dried up.
If a game can be adequately played on a controller, it's not a real PC game.

Yeah physical is a big benefit to console gaming but even that is going away

this,PC isn't perfect,but its freedom puts it above consoles for me easily.
tried going idort chad after getting a switch,i hated it and became an even bigger PC fanboy,for example the witcher 3 being 60 on switch and 15 on steam while steam ran at a butter smooth fps and had gyro aim while the switch version felt (its about how it feels,not how it looks) like crap and lacked one of the reasons i got it.

thats it im filtering the word "soul" "soulful" "sovl" etc. im so fucking tired of this retarded garbage filling up this entire board (and website, quite frankly)

>Not using ZFS

>t. vnsouvfvl trvnny

Just go to /g/, make fun of the janny that """works""" there, get banned and take a break. I beat 3 games during the last week. Pic related.

Attached: Screenshot_20220426_183200.png (1422x856, 198.1K)

ECC only protects against bitflipping. Bitrot is inherent to storage mediums.

Nah, I've been running my own Emulation Server / private game server for decades. FreeBSD and Linux are very good at protecting you against it, and normally warn you before you get "bit rot". Only Apple and Microsoft OSes don't protect you against it, so you can buy more shit. You're just bad computers.

Consoles were the prime reason for creative games pushing the media forward as vehicles, looking now how they are in the shitter due feedback from pc the moment they die is the moment all creativity in game is buried forever. Makes sense how consoles are shit now, games too.

PC is doomed since 2004 with the consistent normie influx from the pc masterrace meme.

I'm not defending either
But Sonic Adventure 2 does feel better on console.
Why? I guess cause everythings on the same blurry spectrum. I don't know if that even makes sense. like everything from skyboxes to textures, models etc are at the same blurry ass resolution density. If you play the HD version on PC or PS4 whatever. The models are stupidly high resolution and stick out. Like they don't even look like they belong inside their fake imaginary world. The skybox is so high res you can clearly see it's a shitty square with 240p cloud drawings pasted on it. On the SD game. Everything feels more *real* cause nothing sticks out and the *cutting corner tricks* are not as apparent

You know I'm right. Deep inside. You know it

Attached: 97482067_p0.jpg (2000x1049, 230K)

Don't care. Didn't read. Touch grass. Have sex.

I'm not bad at computers. I run a FreeBSD home server and the operating system has nothing to do with the physics of bitrot. It's a hardware issue. It can be solved with ZFS. You're really arrogant for someone who doesn't understand what he's talking about.

Nope. Consoles opened the gates for normies to invade gaming. PC gaming USED to be a mecca away from consolefaggotry until Social Media and Streaming became big. Devs on PC have always had more freedom with their games compared to consoles because of the lack of limitation. Thanks to consolefags, PC has been tainted with shitty jewish practices like DRM, Epic Games Store, Twitch, and a sea of subscribtion based gaming. I've been PC gaming since 93, consoles have always been the "normie day care" but then that generation wanted to infiltrate everything and ruin it.

Nah you're fucking stupid for getting affected by bitrot in first place. First world issue with an easy fix. Only people (like you) are worried about it because you're too stupid to prevent it in the first place.

Rinse with 12 gauge mouthwash ASAP, tasteless mouthbreathing linux ape.

You can customize the graphic settings to be whatever you want you dumbass coper

You could've used this as a learning opportunity. I suggest you still do.

>t. pc troon
You will never be a pc chad like the ones of old

>GaaS was born and became a thing on pc
If anything PC is reaping what it sow.

Linux brings the "soul" back to PC. Fuck off Winormie.

Attached: source.gif (500x335, 269.67K)

>gets btfo's
>seethes

The difference is if I want everything to be on that same blurry spectrum I can plug my PC into a CRT and play at 480p.
I can't even plug my PS4 into a CRT.

You're the one who thinks ECC and your operating system has anything to do with bitrot. Live in ignorance I suppose.

I don't speak ebonics, but I think you're trying to make a point.

Notice how a fallacy is your only argument agains it.

Your post smells 100% cope.

With PC, I can do whatever I want. With the console, I feel extremely restricted.

PC = leader - 100% alpha and 100% sigma
Console = obedient follower/goyim - 100% beta

Nah, you're reaching, most "bit rot" that you're stupidly fearing is caused by input/output operation on consistently working storage. ECC RAM helps detect and prevent operations when writing data to hard storage. Servers and Workstations use it for that reason. Nice try though.

>Winormie
Actually fitting.

Attached: 1450671654561.jpg (444x495, 24.47K)

I think you're trying to type something, keep trying Jamal, you'll make a point one day.

>With the console, I feel extremely restricted.
Why would you want to do anything else with something that you get to play videogames? When multipurpose devices already exist?

>I just don’t enjoy video games as much anymore like I used to.
And your solution is to blame the PC. Playing on a console won't change this, you absolute retard.

What you actually lament is your childhood and your experience growing up with video games.

That's called bitflipping. I'm talking about rot which occurs in storage separate from the I/O operation. These errors happen and you can pretend they don't all you want until you get hit by it. A proper file system is the only deterrent.

Not that user
>what is modding
>what is dedicated custom server
>what is emulation
etc.

You got 1 thing right in your post:
>A proper file system is the only deterrent
and that's it. If you don't know what uses for ECC RAM are in a server when running one, don't try.

Explain further

I like to have more choices. What's wrong with it? You don't like it? Then the console suits for you cuz you don't like to have more choices like PChads having all the time.

>>If a game can be adequately played on a controller, it's not a real PC game

...Huh? Are you mentally handicapped? Rinse with 12 gauge mouthwash, please.

For starters, the multipurpose device has infinitely more games.
My PC can play Halo MCC (xbox exclusive outside of PC,) God of War (ditto but with sony,) Zelda BOTW (runs better emulated than on it's actual hardware) and Escape from Tarkov (PC's own exclusives)
A console would only grant me access to one out of five of those games.

Attached: file.png (877x445, 42.82K)

Emulation aside, stuff that you do straying to the point of playing fucking videogames. And emulation to some point because it may need some troubleshooting.

>inb4 retroarch shilling

>NOOOOO DON'T INSULT MY CASUAL CONSOLE GARBAGE
>IT'S RUNNING ON A PC THAT MEANS ITS A PC GAME STOP GATEKEEPING
The only one who needs to kill yourself here is you

You can use google on your own time. None of this is hard to research my dude, but I do work and run servers all day long, been doing it for decades and have never encountered "bit rot" because I know how to maintain my storage.

my SSD is just as physical as your disc, they're both just a storage medium.
inb4 "but you can resell the disks"
I just want to play vide games, I don't care about using copies of games as a stock market

>running a dedicated server for a video game is straying to the point of playing video games
>modding, creating new content for games or even new games via modding, is straying to the point of playing video games
I'm gonna ask you to explain further just to watch you embarass yourself.

Not happen to me. In fact, I can play it on my steamdeck. No issue at all. No headache. I am not computer savvy.

Attached: lkji7fbf3fw81_jpg_75.jpg (3900x3066, 1.71M)

When you have a purpose you don't need choices, consoles have nothing to do. Any device acquired to do multiple tasks is proof that you don't care about any of the shit you're going to do with it.

Dedicated device > Multipurpose device

gaming libraries are only as soulful or soulless as the individual collecting them

I genuinely don't understand what your point is. ECC only prevents errors for data being read and written to the ram and doesn't impact the data pool.

I don't know what I even should be researching or what you're trying to say. So please tell me what your argument even is.

Not playing the game. Might consider scrap that whole crap getting rid of the middle man and just jumping into programming software, it goes straight to the point.

Are you one of those autists that uses a specific fork for meat, a salad fork, etc.?