Vidya shit that grinds your gears

>Double jump doesn't cancel fall damage

Attached: angry-eustace-57bd2c3511227.jpg (600x450, 76.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

megami.starcreator.com/nanaca-crash/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Haha back at it again with the epic greentext, fellow channer ;)
I'll see you back at "you know where". Don't forget to screencap your post, or else I'll do it instead >:)

It look funny as hell in Dragon's Dogma though, so it gets a partial pass.

Cringe af frfr

>can't double jump if you're falling

Attached: 1616216741990.png (280x280, 99.95K)

Double jumps that don't cancel your momentum are incredibly based and rare

Attached: 1631553336968.gif (480x320, 1.96M)

>press down
>character walks forward and then turns back

I was typing in captcha to post just that when I saw this post appear. It's especially bad in platformers where precision movement is paramount.

>press up at the top item of the menu selection
>it doesn't take you to the bottom item
>same in reverse

Attached: 1505933114447.png (372x334, 134.49K)

>enemy is murderfucking you with a weapon
>finally get it and it blows ass

Attached: 1576874910094.png (318x368, 99.44K)

open world fucking sucks

I hate realism games where they always have sluggish movement where it takes forever to turn and its always in a loop. Have those fat fucks ever turned in real life? I'm overweight and I can do better

>hold button to interact instead of press

Attached: 1618150233155.jpg (920x900, 85.02K)

>"realism" sprinting
>can run like 15m before having an asthmatic fit

>game has unique mechanics that could lead to interesting gameplay
>only works on a select few enemies

Attached: eclipse_shotel_curved_sword_weapon_elden_ring_wiki_guide_200px.png (200x200, 11.85K)

>regular combat is so boring and gives so little cp that there's no point in even bothering

At this point why not make only bosses for combat and give the level ups after certain parts in the story? It's been ages since I had fun fighting generic enemies for longer than it took me to get a grasp on the mechanics and experiment a bit

>game has really interesting mechanic/weapon
>only available in last few minutes of game/NG+
or, even worse:
>ability is removed again in NG+, so it's literally only available in like half of one level

>NG+ is the same thing but with inflated numbers across the board

Attached: 1651270826267.png (797x448, 615.24K)

>world has obvious intended progression
>they leave it "open" anyway
>any development between one area and the next is just from automatic systems giving enemies bigger HP/damage
I HATE OPEN WORLD I HATE OPEN WORLD I HATE OPEN WORLD I HATE OPEN WORLD

Attached: 1543798681065.gif (339x338, 436.46K)

Have you played the RE series sounds like something you’d enjoy

elaborate

megami.starcreator.com/nanaca-crash/

Attached: nananca.png (834x467, 359K)

You know when you've built up momentum on a platformer and then you are stopped in your tracks if you use a double jump? Shit like the homing attack on sonic or the cappy jump on mario

>You can skip time through sleeping
>But has a chance to trigger a random encounter, positive or negative
I love games like that, but if you keep getting bad RNG, it's gonna suck a lot

>make animation slow
>it fits better in relaxed scenarios
>sacrifice response time
>make animation fast
>it fits better when the player needs to go fast and respond fast
>sacrifice the smooth look and break immersion in slower moments
>try to make the game detect which the player wants
>likely to break or rely on scripting; players would likely not appreciate arbitrary changes in responsiveness
Pointing out that gameplay should always come first sadly doesn't work on the "people" who make these games.

>Normal game has tacked on stealth mechanics
>Regular combat is vastly more fun than stealth
>But the game punishes your progression if you don't use stealth

Or

>Stealth game
>You can buy all sorts of cool non-stealthy weapons and abilities that can collect or buy with money/exp
>But the game punishes your progression heavily if you use them during normal gameplay and/or has mostly mandatory stealth levels.

Hitman, most ubishit games, MGS4 the list goes on.

Attached: 6c9a3554a1e6f233dfd21bbd5d276da0.jpg (2048x1152, 1.09M)

mgs has never been a stealth game

>NG+ you don't keep any previous upgrades

Hitman only punishes you by giving you a meaningless score.

I still used Frenzy incantations the whole way through, even though madness works solely on Tarnished. They're just cool spells, and Vyke's spear is fun. Absolutely destroys the few enemies madness works on too.

t. SCfag

I love metal gear and the whole appeal is that it's not a stealth game and you can play however you want

Sounds like Mario 64 desu

Dishonored

What game?

ESO with a gamepad puts the interact and jump button to the same button and you can't separate the controls. It's fucking retarded when you're trying to steal shit or open chests but the prompt takes just a bit longer to come up

Sorry I'll try to improve

>Want to play a PC game using KBM
>Controller is still plugged in and the game defaults to controller inputs unless you unplug it
>Worse yet the game doesn't even accept KBM inputs unless you restart it

Attached: HxqwysoSOh8KVC6P.webm (1280x720, 741.7K)

MGS4 rewarded you with cash for being stealthy, but almost everything that you could spend money on was non-stealthy weapons.

Except for blood money, codename 47, silent assassin, contracts etc. that all either reward weapons based on silent assassin ratings or give you more money for more stealth, hell blood money even makes the game progressively harder if you don't continuously get silent assassins.

Getting good or bad endings purely based on a playstyle is possibly even worse, especially since the game hides the scoring system.

>the swimming animation only starts when the character model is fully submerged in water

Attached: 1647212691236.gif (249x192, 920.24K)

>Everytime you pick a basic item you have to press the button twice. once to pick and once to close the information window

No kill wankery in stealth games really reached the breaking point in MGSV, which would have explicit assassination missions that still reward you better for not killing the assassination target.

Why did this shit become so common? Its just a waste of time.

>Can't lie down to swim in shallow water.
This pisses me off to no end.

Honestly, I can barely remember anything about that game, other than that it was almost always better to balloon an enemy if you could.

>unskippable cutscenes
>slow animations
>deliberately produced bitch work to pad out the game
>RPG elements in games that didn't used to be RPGs

Buying something with "gamer" in its name and end up being fucking shit quality

Attached: 795b2f831eaaaff41f2379d6d36debf6.jpg (640x1136, 47.14K)

>Fight big enemy
>devs didn't make special camera for this so you're just staring at a foot for 5 minutes and guessing what attacks the enemy is using.

Why would something with "gamer" in the title be of high quality? Gaming doesn't produce or contribute something positive to society as a whole. It's just fun and hedonism.

Has there ever been a 'gamer' anything that was either overpriced, inferior or both? These people know their audience (are retards).

>deliberately produced bitch work to pad out the game
I see this and raise you
>Hundreds of meaningless collectables placed at random to pad out the game.
With Just cause 2 being the king.

Also
>Crafting systems in non-rpg games.
>Having to craft to get basic items.
>Crafting systems padded out with dozens of useless potions/drugs in a futile effort get you to pick flowers in a shooter.
Aka every recent ubisoft game and almost every recent AAA action game.

Attached: This map does not incude crafting stuff.png (1907x910, 1.68M)

>getting stuck on geometry gets me killed
nothing pisses me off more than this

Attached: 1648631720126.gif (225x255, 2.41M)

>double jump cancels your motion

>racing game uses checkpoints
>no reset car button
NFS Heat I want to like you but god damn

>bad level scaling

>DOTs trigger at the end of enemies turn instead of the start

>character joins your party
>they're so laughably underpowered that they may as well not exist
FF2's 4th partyslot was a complete waste, so many times you'd get a dude that'd have 10% of the HP totals everyone else had, no magic, next to no MP, and would die nearly instantly in any battle.

Which is better?

Attached: 1647542427295.png (660x860, 35.26K)

constant screen shake or losing control of the camera kills me

As stupid as it looks, bottom. Top just makes you do stupid shit like cast a weak heal 9001 times to level restoration or smack a horse a shitload to level up weapon skills. Usage based leveling is always a massive grind.

Fanbases

Ideally a game that starts as bottom but is mostly top.

Yeah I remember Minwu being cool and nobody else. I'd say they redeemed the 4th slot characters with Dawn of Souls though, IDK if I've seen the concept of the plebs you pick up on the way forming their own party explored anywhere else. I hear that it happens to some extent in FF9 but I haven't played that and probably won't for a while.

The 2nd one.
Pointless grinding like the top pic is tedious.

wh-what are you referring to user...?

For MGS4 those where used for the Multiplayer which was fucking amazing.

>I'd say they redeemed the 4th slot characters with Dawn of Souls though
You have to grind the shit out of that 4th slot partymember each time you get them or you're just fucked in soul of rebirth. I say fuck it, no reason to bother.

As other anons have said top is repetitive as shit, however I'd like to add that I always like seeing games keeping stat numbers as low as possible, that way whenever you level up a stat you really feel that shit affecting the gameplay

>party splits up
>forced to lug around one of the most useless partymembers in the game for an extended period of time
replaying ff6 and holy shit Cyan and Locke are bad.

I don't remember that but I was also a kid in the middle of nowhere with nothing to do so it's entirely possible that this is exactly what I did.

>key items take up the same inventory as every other item
I hate key items in general but shit like this makes it way worse.

>level up
>so does the game
not really a getting more powerful if your enemies are just as powerful

Attached: turn around (2).png (309x309, 176.97K)

Fucking this shit pisses me off. They have an amazing combat system and it's wasted because you need to be a good boy and stealth through to get the good ending.

Attached: 1533943617725.png (405x472, 357.51K)

>level up
>Level: 18>19!

>that's the only number that went up

Attached: genuine anger.jpg (1280x720, 38.26K)