Is Halo still in its dark age?

Is Halo still in its dark age?

Attached: Portrait.masterchief.png (360x450, 225.24K)

Yeah.
It be best to put the old dog down and out of its misery.

Idk a out the games, but halo toys are currently undergoing a renaissance

Attached: 1651267806406.jpg (1280x1280, 672.02K)

we merely adapted the dark, halo was born in it, molded by it

It’s little dark age, yes
All they had to do was improve on Halo Reach, the fucking keys to the castle were right in front of them for fucks sake
What a bunch of a FUCKING retards

Attached: 4256CCD8-0F2C-4258-997F-0D6783414BF8.jpg (2014x2048, 625.64K)

is this there supposed to be a big update next week

>reach

Attached: 1651267961194.png (405x517, 292.04K)

I have faith that a year from now, Infinite will be great. But for now it's half-baked, and it's time to return to tradition.

Attached: 1651267952966.png (389x351, 149.65K)

The dog can't even walk now. It's just some sadistic old man puppeteering the poor thing because he likes to hear it yowl in pain as it's bones grind against each other, as all the cartilage is long gone.
At a certain point you've got to admire it, 3 heart attacks and it's still kicking?

Attached: 1595132218420.jpg (512x512, 96.72K)

Halo Reach was an improvement on Halo 1, the best Halo game at the time
Halo 2 was a beta and Halo 3 is almost an entirely different Halo game compared to the rest of the series
So yes, order of operations you dipshit
>b-but muh halo 2 multiplayer
Sure okay

Nope, campaign finally got out of the shitty Reclaimer Saga, I'm interested in the Master Chief's future adventures again. Multiplayer will get better with time.

>Loadouts
>Sprint
>Sprint as an equipment loadout
>An improvement

>It'll it get better with time! I promise!
Or... Alternatively it should've just released good.

fucking ordered the one with the red energy sword and it's apprently delayed till next year, I guess that's just how Halo roles, hopefully I get it and half of it isn't miss...

Attached: 1649341573532.jpg (512x325, 33.28K)

>really like how chief looks in the new game
>really like the new multiplayer armor and coatings
>liked the interaction with chief and spartan Griffen
>most of the game sucks
>multiplayer severs are unreliable

Attached: 1641853885402.png (500x500, 160.09K)

>TARGETTING August release for campaign co-op
How fucking incompetent is this studio?

Delayed? I got mine in November.

Did you get the retard special edition one?
I ordered of Sideshow, I asked their customer support and everything maybe it's warehouse related I have no idea

Attached: chrome_2022-04-29_22-46-04.png (578x304, 21.37K)

It ironically will, there was no interest in future campaigns with the Reclaimer Saga, Halo isn't about Chief being a sissy, it's about him killing aliens and saving the day.

Yeah I got the special one with the red energy sword

Attached: 1651268910060.jpg (1376x2224, 484.17K)

yeah

It's been like that since the end of Halo 3.
Some things just need to be let go.

I don't think Halo will ever leave the dark age anymore. Like the other user said. It should have been put down a long time ago. 343 has worked on Infinite for what 6-7 years and it still has less content that CE.

Attached: 1648155295767.png (1950x1800, 587.26K)

Maybe I'll cancel it and order some where else..

I got mind from bigbadtoystore. They still have it in stock.

It's definitely sill in a dark age. 343 upper management needs to go. Microsoft should be begging the pre-Reach Bungie guys to come back, silver platters and red carpets for every one of them. And they should be spending a lot of time and resources teaching people how to make Halo, Halo. And you know what? Let them make different games from time to time (With a much smaller budget and lower priority. They still have to make money, so respect the Halo goose). It would work because they would have the main team making Halo using the knowledge the old Bungie guys gave them, and the old Bungie guys could experiment on smaller games while being able to actually trust the new guys making Halo for once. And they would be a part of the same studio, so if they have to they can pop over and help on Halo for an afternoon a few times a week.

Yeah I'm surprised the /toy/ general is still going strong

>hating on Bonnie's company
Lotta misogynists itt...

Attached: 1623527957155.jpg (500x666, 129.88K)

Halo is irrelevant. It's 12yr old boy/frat bro fanbase is now in their 30s and 40s.

Attached: 7846575688567.png (480x360, 209.19K)

Priority ZERO, chud.

Was looking at that I'll give it ago

>343 still struggling
>EU sucks and is becoming more and more lifeless
>TV show is self explanatory
Weird how the closest thing carrying Halo are the toys

Watch the series it's legit good.
T. Og halo lan 4×box tv split screen mlg pro

you will be beaten to death

Attached: image0.jpg (1284x2141, 185.94K)

Attached: 1651269642584.jpg (800x600, 161.7K)

Do you really think of franchises like that? Coming and going like seasons?
No that's not how it is
Halo was good but it's been done. That's it. There are no multiple "ages", there was one "age" and it ended, get over it.

not if you read the books

microsoft needs to just let it die, they tried to bring it back, with infinite and the tv show, and 343 has proven once again that no, they shouldn't be trusted with making halo anything.

can't wait for their "we learned from out mistakes on infinite" when they announce their developing next failure.

Halo MEGABLOKS are the only thing halo wise I'm even interested in, they are surprisingly really damn good

>reading those docs max hoberman dropped about adding join in progress and a game / party browser in Halo 3

bros.........

Attached: 1629388327608.png (869x1126, 452.85K)

343 genuinely has to give up for it to be good. They are the most incompetent game studio I've ever seen.

download mcc
dont install 4
get in multiplayer
actionsack
ill see you there

Aren't they filler?

Sadly this is the case, it’s all McRib type shit

>Nope, campaign finally got out of the shitty Reclaimer Saga
Lamo, it's literally the same shit as Halo 4
>I'm interested in the Master Chief's future adventures again.
Just kill him already, you can tell that Downes has trouble doing the voice, just use Jerome, they already used his enemies, might as well use him >Multiplayer will get better with time.
No infection until 2023 at the earliest lmao

>Microsoft should be begging the pre-Reach Bungie guys to come back, silver platters and red carpets for every one of them

Attached: 343 was reticent to hire former Bungie staff.png (609x870, 125.77K)

the first one was the only one thats good
>sandbox is unique with no copypasted guns like H2
>dark story and atmosphere, not like the capeshit in space like what happened with H2 and later games
>no shitty redundant enemies like brutes and drones
>no shitty fanfic tier alien MC
>best OST

>no shitty fanfic tier alien MC

CE and H2 were written by the exact same writer

joseph staten is shit if hes let off the leash

>Lamo, it's literally the same shit as Halo 4
Not even close, Halo 4 was a gay storyline about Chief's feelings and Cortana being weak and retarded, Didact was a shit villain and the Prometheans were pure trash. Banished are far better and I'm interested in the Endless. Glad the Master Chief deconstruction and Cortana rampancy plot is over.
>Just kill him already, you can tell that Downes has trouble doing the voice, just use Jerome, they already used his enemies, might as well use him >Multiplayer will get better with time.
Fuck off with your gay ass side character no one knows about. Halo is about Chief killing aliens and saving the day, Microsoft and 343 now even put is name on their trademark, people even like the scenes of Chief killing aliens in the show, you know why because that's Halo. No one gives a shit about the lore or drama in this series so fuck off.

the campaign was the worst one yet, literally just the second level from CE but soulless as fuck and too earth looking

>loadouts
Hardly, preselected every single game with no way to customize and it still included and barebones mode where everyone has an assault rifle
>sprint
Not an argument, grandpa
>sprint as an equipment loadout
Yes, to mitigate the autistic fit that halo fans had about sprint in halo 4, bungie was smart about this one
>an improvement
Yup. Exactly. It’s okay to admit you couldn’t adapt. That’s the first step to getting better

Attached: A00D1012-EE19-4FA2-B33F-83F324CE1379.jpg (626x720, 29.13K)

That's exactly why I said 343's upper management needs to be fired. They literally only know how to make things worse. Microsoft seriously needs to step in and forcefully rearrange things. Phil Spencer needs to make a big dick move before all the Bungie guys decide to retire. The old Bungie guys are needed more to lay down guidance on how to make Halo, than actually to make Halo themselves. This is game development knowledge that can't be recaptured.

>>Not even close, Halo 4 was a gay storyline about Chief's feelings and Cortana being weak and retarded, Didact was a shit villain and the Prometheans were pure trash. Banished are far better and I'm interested in the Endless. Glad the Master Chief deconstruction and Cortana rampancy plot is over.
>An ancient evil awakens
>Quirky mcu-tier dialogue between Cortana and Chief
>Have to put a retarded spic to make Chief more human or some shit
>The whole """respect""" between him and the brute leader
Yeah right shill

>>Fuck off with your gay ass side character no one knows about. Halo is about Chief killing aliens and saving the day, Microsoft and 343 now even put is name on their trademark, people even like the scenes of Chief killing aliens in the show, you know why because that's Halo.
What difference would it make? It would still be about a green man killing aliens retard, Downes sounds like shit now

Only if you play Infinite. MCC is great.

We get it, you hate halo.

They got better?

they literally had to base the entire multiplayer on the invasion mode from reach, spartans vs elites is way more atmospheric and fun than just spartan vs spartan, its how you blend lore into the MP correctly

But Invasion was shit and the whole game suffered for it.

>Unironically excited for the Endless
Too easy to tell shill

if you prefer 2 and 3's battle rifle domination focused gameplay you also hate halo

Halo has always been one precision weapon dominating the sandbox, what are you retards on about?

Halo has literally always been centralized around the precision weapons, for a number of reasons. Even in the current 343 game where people will claim up and down that the AR is "finally" useful.

>But Invasion was shit and the whole game suffered for it.
is this bait?
it introduced multi objectives which was way more fun than the usual kill grind

yes

>All they had to do was improve on Halo Reach
>Bungie babies actually believe Reach was a good game

the BR is nothing like the magnum retards

It's why halo was in the sorry state it was in
We are slowly healing though

It wasn't all bad, but the balance was awful and really ruined the entire mode. Elites were often the attackers, but had the worst guns possible. That's the opposite of how asymmetrical attack/defend modes should play out.
It functions differently, but fills the same role of being the gun you have active 90% of the time.

Oh yeah, because you didn't even have to find a magnum, at least in 2 and 3 you hard to find the weapon first

>The days when you'd be excited to come home and play Halo for hours on end are over
>The Halo TV show that was teased nearly a decade ago will never see the light of day in favor of a generic sci-fi show with a Halo coat of paint and a shoe-horned romantic sub-plot
>Number company keeps fucking up each time they try to make a Halo game
>Halo infinite is just another failed cash grab with a "10 year plan" which will most likely be abandoned the second the execs feel like it isn't worth the man power.

At least the armor looks nice again

Attached: walk.jpg (1280x720, 54.86K)

Halo 4 and 5 are Halo in name only and you're gay if you like it along with being some crossposting reddit faggot.

>Yeah right shill
Halo is Chief blowing up aliens with a quirky, sassy AI. If Cortana is not being funny then it's best she shut up.
>What difference would it make? It would still be about a green man killing aliens retard, Downes sounds like shit now
Who gives a fuck, he'll be replaced in 10 years anyways.

>It functions differently, but fills the same role of being the gun you have active 90% of the time.
thats like saying H4's loudouts are the same as H3 since the loadout weapons serve the same purpose anyway
>starting with an useless weapon is good

EQUAL
STARTS
LOADOUTS ARE CRINGE

>can bonnie
3 tries in I think the answer is a resounding no

the loadout screen is equal for everyone, autist

>thats like saying H4's loudouts are the same as H3 since the loadout weapons serve the same purpose anyway
No? Are you dumb, or just pretending?

>Halo is Chief blowing up aliens with a quirky, sassy AI. If Cortana is not being funny then it's best she shut up.
What? In CE she barely speaks since she's doing technical shit, in 2 you barely hear hear since you play as Arby a lot, and in 3 she isn't even in the game for 90% of the game retard
>Who gives a fuck, he'll be replaced in 10 years anyways.
Isn't that what I just said you retarded anal jester?

But you could only make one selection and didn't know what the other person had in most encounters because all of the armor abilities looked the same.

Except they're butchering their armor by putting gay accessories all over it. Soon you'll see spartans wearing pickle rick on their back

>>starting with an useless weapon is good

>Game is based around finding better guns
>If the player spawns with a gun that's too good then they won't bother finding another one
Retard

how is it not? all of the loadout weapons are medium range weapons, theres a reason why you cant spawn with a rocket launcher.

Why not spawn players with only fists with that logic?

Just play cod bro

By then it'll only have 4 extra maps compared to launch.

>>Game is based around finding better guns
game is based on the gameplay, finding better guns is an advantage but not necessary, thats how it was in CE

Halo 4 also has perks, grenades, and armor abilities that affect the game way more than any weapon could. Plus the Boltshot, which should have never been in loadouts.

That's basically what happens though, 90% of AR/SMG gunfights end in melee

Kinda wishing i got this version now damn...

Attached: WhatsApp Image 2022-04-19 at 10.53.35.jpg (720x1280, 70.92K)

>Halo is Chief blowing up aliens with a quirky, sassy AI
That's Halo 2, go back redditor

>i lost because i couldnt expect the gun my opponent was using
nah, you just suck bro

>halo infinite will only have 2 new maps by the end of its first year
>in the past year, halo 3 has gotten 3 new maps

Attached: 1646068382652.jpg (640x425, 108.45K)

Halo went back to even starts in Halo 5, though?

both 5 and infinite have even starts

Invasion was a cut down Battlefield Conquest mode. Halo has too few players and too much simplicity in combat options to make that work.

Have you seriously lost all your objectivity? If you never played halo, didn't know anything about it you would be enjoying the fuck out of the series and screeching like that shrew you call a mother for a vidya trilogy set in the halo universe to be made cause muh fandom.
Yeah the blackwashing sucks.
Yeah that blessed one bitch needs to be thrown out of an airlock.
Yeah dave Chapelle is a bald nigger racist unfunny cunt that can fuck off to nowhere and never come back.
BUT the show IS good. Its fucking good even.

So you see where I'm coming from, and why I think non-precision starts are stupid?
And both games added a bunch of things that are even worse than loadouts.

>Invasion was a cut down Battlefield Conquest mode.
cope, everything in invasion could be found in the older halo games, just fused together

Attached: 1651272511854.jpg (250x182, 6.34K)

>And both games added a bunch of things that are even worse than loadouts

No, you're delusional

Sprint is a meme issue, slide, hover, and thrust actually mesh with halo's emphasis on verticality and platforming and allowed the map design to return to CE and 2 style maps, clamber in 5 is a nonissue, and while charge is broken bullshit it's not as bad as loadouts

Infinite gutted thrust and made it pointless, and now clamber actively hinders platforming in map design, but niether are close to loadouts and equipment is fine.

my friends and I just ditched infinite and went back to playing MCC multiplayer. replaying MCC has been really enlightening as to the different games' strengths and also where halo as a series derailed. judging by which games we've unticked from the rotation, Reach is where it all got fucked

>So you see where I'm coming from, and why I think non-precision starts are stupid?
No, i like it that way