Best classes for WotLK? I slowly want to star playing so I'm ready when classic drops

Best classes for WotLK? I slowly want to star playing so I'm ready when classic drops.

Attached: file.png (1920x1080, 2.51M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=TlpgMQkxcQY
ironforge.pro/population/tbc/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'm not playing wow classic until cata.

Hunter is the most comfy

Spellhance shaman. Will top dps on t7 and t8 but is kinda hard to play so you have some time to get gud now

For me, it's Bear/Moonkin

Attached: 1651094918690.jpg (232x293, 10.72K)

Sylvanas' bycicle seat.

The best class is DK. Both for pvp and pve, the class is so good for pvp that it made people who were dogshit at pvp in tbc able to reach gladiator status in wotlk, the class is downright broken thorughout the entirety of wotlk and I think even beyond.
Having said that though, I still tell you to just not play the game at all. It was great when it was new, but the whole classic experience has told us that only vanilla really works when it comes to revisiting.

Attached: 1650321460586.jpg (1279x2000, 869.86K)

DK/Paladin are solid all around, demo warlock is also crit city, definitely recommend over mage for casters, I would just steer clear of hybrids if you want to dps, but they're great for PvP. I'm pretty sure rogue was terrible in wrath. Idk op what do you want to do?

Rogue more or less peaked in wrath, it's really good single target dps but any fights with adds is very lackluster, if you have a knowledgable raid leader, theyll put you on the boss 100% of the time and leave you there, if you have a shitty one youll be told to switch targets and your damage will suffer badly. for pvp theyre great, one of the top classes but get fucking clapped by DK, which is something youll see a lot of.

3.3.3a balance for damage-dealers changes a great deal depending on available gear levels: in terms of on-paper DPS, locks and DKs dominate T7&T8 but fall off in later tiers to be replaced by the likes of fury warriors and fire mages in T10, and that's also how it actually works with custom-tuned content (even blizzlike Yogg+0 almost necessitates lock and DK stacking and Firefighter/Knock*3 being very favorable to the already on-paper highest DPS classes certainly does not hurt them). However, seeing as that Classic is probably going to have blizzlike tuning and fights are over in a minute or two with no threatening mechanics, a couple of other specs like enhancement, assassination and arcane can compete. Throughout the expansion there's also a couple of secure spots for specs that provide certain utility and depending on the gear level or fight some can also be good for personal performance (demo, ret, unholy, ele/boomer, etc).

For tanks the on-paper viable tanks are pallies and bears. DKs are also fine in T10, and in the absence of custom tuning and lack of need for soakiness of bears, they might even be the preferred #2 tank even early on. In blizzlike content brown "gets 1-shot" class doesn't deserve that epithet, but they also offer nothing of value.

With custom-tuned content all healers see play (although you're generally going to run two pallies and one of the others) but with blizzlike tuning you'll probably be dropping healers a lot, and paladin and disc tend to be the last healers standing as you swap them for more DPS.

In terms of pure fun, I personally like
>DPS: Enhancement, demo, affli, fury
>Tank: Warrior
>Healer: Pala
the most.

But then, why play Classic? It's going to be worse than even the least legitimate private servers where it actually counts.

Attached: disc.png (433x556, 302.65K)

Death Knight obviously. Why is this so hard? Next is paladin and warrior of course. For classic wow, it’s warrior. Everything else is a cope for faggots, and you are either admitting this or not, making you either useful faggot or useless faggot.
Just like Reign or Chaos is the best WC3, so is Vanilla WoW 1-60 the best and only WoW. They didn’t even bring Arthas back for Fail Gate.

Attached: 7C6FFEC7-25C0-4B3C-804A-719A97C8C23C.jpg (1280x720, 172.62K)

I'm not going to give you a class recommendation, all I can suggest to you is not to return. It's not worth it.

In his moment, Luke was a Sith warrior, using dark side and killing his own father.
This happened when everyone killed Arthas in Wrath expansion pack, but they condemned Arthas, instead of redeeming him, instead of condemning the raiders for having slain the true king.

Attached: 25BA1B02-9AFE-4516-9C83-C4C626AB3760.jpg (1280x720, 222.92K)

All of you motherfuckers rolled death knights. I know you motherfuckers did. Don’t lie about it. You also had warlocks and other dark side Sith powers. I know you motherfuckers are out there, you shadow priests, you used shadow word pain, didn’t you? Don’t lie. Confess faggots.

Arthas deserves love and respect. Kneel.

Attached: 75C77729-0048-4A4F-8BD7-F15B1F423316.jpg (720x309, 65.34K)

depends what you wanna do.

for pve literally any healer is completely braindead and never runs out of mana, so it just depends on what color buttons you want to push. dks and paladins are the best tanks because they're better with aoe threat, but warriors and druids are still fine and i believe warriors are still the best single-target tank. highest dps are still mage, warlock, fury warrior, rogue, and now dk. pretty sure ele shaman get up there though.

for pvp, ret pal, dk, and arms warrior are braindead ezmode for the entire expansion. destro lock and rogue have their high points, and hunters are pretty strong throughout most of the expansion.

>yes, unleash your anger, you used rage as a warrior, didn’t you?! ;D

Attached: C4177DA6-BEEE-4224-AB83-1D026DCC38DD.jpg (673x1148, 185.92K)

Bears are better than DK's.

DK obviously, it was like god mode class

There's no fucking way they are going to do it, but Death Knight was by far the best class due to how broken blood healing was. You could do more damage than any other class, while fully healing yourself.

shadow
priest

>there's no fucking way they're gonna do it
It was literally announced a few days ago though along with the removal of RDF altogether for Classic

Which patch is it? Deathknights were OP as fuck at release. Same with druids and ret pallys

3.3.5 for balance

Marks Hunter with armor penetration cap was absolutely batshit during that expansion. i remember doing random raid groups of icecrown and did 2x-2.5x more damage than the second highest dps.

was a sad day when the cata pre-patch hit and all the armor penetration got turned into crit.

Is that after they removed the death and declay glyph that had a chance to stun? God that shit was so fun. It was so broken it actually fucked with player collision. I won so many arena matches because the enemy team fell out the bottom of the map.

I actually thought every class was good in PVP in Vanilla, even Druids that were seen as the weakest class actually had the most unbeatable attrition game even better than Warlocks with HOTS and DOTS rather than just dots.

Soloing 5 man elite quests as DK was pretty comfy.

Of course everything else in the overworld was fucking boring because you were ridiculously OP.

is wotlk actually good unlike tbc which was dogshit?

generally it was a really easy expansion but was by far the most fun i had playing.

All dudus got a powerboost in PvP for sure till they gutted certain elements in cata, restos specifically were fucking invincible from vanilla to end of wrath
I still hate the devs for removing thorns

WotLK is good insofar that it's when WoW became "modern" and so doesn't just completely shit and cum itself to death the second people start metagaming in it, like what happens in TBC.

were druid good healers in wotlk? I skipped it entirely because I was underage and mom wouldn't pay the sub

my main issue with tbc were the zones and especially dungeons, exploration felt very unrewarding and tedious as the zones were massive and looked the same all around, like they were just empty fields with evenly spaced out "activity" spots, and dungeons well they were literally just corridors

desu I'll take getting bored with being able to solo almost everything over having to spend 10 hours trying to get someone to help me with a group quest

Weak reply.
>”No, not warrior, just everything”

>How broken blood healing was
I know this is cataclysm but you have no idea
youtube.com/watch?v=TlpgMQkxcQY

There were no bad healer classes in wotlk, I guess only prot warrs were a bit weak as tanks and there were maybe two really shit DPS classes.
Resto druids shine massively as secondary healers and not tank healers though, keep in mind.
Resto shammies were fucking broken if you never want to have any issues as a healer, healing everyone to full in a single fucking heal

DK has so much utility at the beginning it was crazy. Unholy 2h/DW, Frost 2h, unholy skele. Good old days :(

i started in TBC and really didn't like questing in it, was really dull and a slog to level to 70.

raiding was not a good experience for me either, i got stuck raiding kara for the whole expansion.

wrath is alot easier and quests are much more modern in approach so it helps when questing, reputation grinds still suck but could be worse.

wrath raids are generally really fun, it starts with a rebalanced Naxxramus with 10 and 25 player versions.

really the only mediocre raid was the 3rd update with the Colosseum but the bosses were fun enough and it was nice having a raid with zero trash mobs for a change.

icecrown is really good.

gonna sound like a meme but literally all of them. wrath is the only time when you really can't go wrong picking any class or spec

I just wish they didn't ditch the whole hybrid tank aspect of the class after Wrath. Going to a traditional dedicated specs for dedicated roles idea ruined the class for me. Unholy tanks were unholy

>Is that after they removed the death and declay glyph that had a chance to stun?
that was removed really early on in wotlk, before ulduar was released

Gonna have to this this.

this

all healers are decent in wotlk in pve, they just fulfill different roles. hpal is almost always a tank healer, resto sham and druid are aoe raid healers, and priest can do both depending on spec.

druid was the strongest pvp healer due to their mobility, bear form tankiness, and instant cast hots. hpal is super tanky in pvp but you have to hardcast a lot so it can be tricky depending on what classes you're fighting, but have the best defensive cooldowns for themselves and teammates. priests are decent all-rounders but get fucked hard by big burst and rogues due to their squishiness. shaman are probably the worst pvp healers, not that they're all bad, but just have the most weaknesses compared to others. least defensive cooldowns, have to hardcast most heals, pretty squishy, low mobility, etc.

Whatever you fucking do don't roll a paladin, Paladins are always overplayed like crazy throughout all of WotLK. You're not going to have a fun time competing for gear and raid spots as the most benchable class in the expansion.

You tend to get a similar situation with DeathKnights. Deathknights are always crazy popular at the start of the expansion but not that many people actually stick with them, they usually end up rerolling to the classes they actually want to play instead of the class they don't actually want to miss out on.

Now, if you want people to worship the fucking ground you walk on, roll any healer (except paladin). Because WotLK is the first expansion where every class is actually viable as DPS you run into endless numbers of priests, shamans and druids that will take a bullet to the brain before they'll cast a healing spell on someone. I'm telling you if you're like a shaman or something and you're willing to heal for a raid people will suck your dick on discord I'm not kidding.

Attached: 1464576343234.jpg (495x1204, 586.03K)

I never got to raid in classic, got to 60 shortly after TBC came out so every activity was long dead and never bothered to get anywhere near 70. I enjoyed questing and dungeons in classic a lot though.

all healers are good and had reason to be brought, but prio was usually like 1 hpala for broken tank heals, 1-2 disc priest for shields letting you cheat certain mechanics, 1 rsham for spellhaste+bloodlust so you could skip the shitter dps shaman specs
you still have brez and revitalize was nice but if a healer was getting cut it was probably the druid unless they outperformed

Fagging each other uselessly is useless faggots. Probably the same fag from earlier too. Buy more ips and shills to post , faggots. Here is your neuralink, AOCortex girl got one too from Elon Musk.

Attached: 962602D1-D202-4501-B5E4-67A8E276E99E.jpg (960x720, 60.78K)

thanks m8s. Maybe I'll give classic a shot and see what this expansion was all about. I have to spend my blizzardbucks somehow

Attached: 1473620008682.png (428x700, 532.49K)

Paladins are the best tanks and healers by a HUGE margin. Ret is strong throughout. For a caster mages are the shit. The only good thing about locks is their shitty execute damage on soul drain, fuck those guys. Dks resource system sucks ass and the fun op stuff gets nerfed to shit. By the end of the expansion its a trash tier class.
Cocaine is a hell of a drug

>druid was the strongest pvp healer due to their mobility, bear form tankiness, and instant cast hots
They were the strongest because they couldn't run out of mana, I don't think there was a single class that could not lose to sheer enthropy of mana loss or getting fucked by small dots and thorns against a resto just standing there other than maybe a blood dk
Being able to shutdown a huntard pet was also huge on an expac where they were too strong too.

Cant wait till icc where my arena team gets deleted by lolmourne full arp warriors with a single bladestorm

DK, Warrior, Ret Paladin.

Anyone who says otherwise is an uneducated retards who have never played a wotlk private server. You WILL regret rolling any non-plate wearer come wrath classic.

schizo moment

is it going to be even remotely possible to roll alliance on a PVP server in wotlk classic?

Is there even a way of telling what faction balance in like on classic servers?

human racial was super busted for pvp in wotlk
if your class could be human, it should be

I used this back when TBC launched, no idea how accurate it is nowadays

if you're hoping for balanced world pvp, you're out of luck
pick Benediction for the mega Alliance pvp server

>yes please keep playing plate classes its totally not the most saturated role
based rogue/feral chad

>one sided pvp servers
might as well just roll pve

Is it really too hard for these niggers to enforce faction balance

Ferals were shit till ToC gear
Granted, they became stupid good after that

>131 horde
who are they?

Attached: gigachads.png (102x77, 2.34K)

I love hunter tbqh but I feel like they were a bit behind warriors and palas, mostly because you actually need two hands to play anything else than those 2 classes, still a pretty solid choice for both pve and pvp. Dks are OP too.

>hysteria+berserk swipe spam

Like when you pruned every thread today that you lost. Lmao. Chicken shit, run faggot motherfucker. Run away. Every thread you run the fuck out of screaming today.

Attached: B0CB3B70-1851-4C86-AABA-16AB5EBFFACB.jpg (1393x788, 650.61K)

Will people be faggots to me if I don't roll troll as dps that can?

The doctors aren't poisoning you, take your pills.

i really want to know what youre talking about

Hunters were fine cause they always had some specific task on certain fights that other classes just couldn't do or were nowhere near as efficient at. Isn't hunter usually very saturated though?

Warrior/Death Knight + Deathbringer's Will & Shadowmourne = everything dead

Attached: warriorchad.png (350x494, 217.44K)

Why would you ever use hysteria on ferals, they were legit the class that benefited it the least as a physical attack spec even when they were good

it might be hard to look at but human mage - emfh racial & pvp trinket & ice block & shatter combo is fucking busted

specifically for spamming swipe while berserked on aoe trash so they can pull aggro and die

I always played ret pala.

You're necessary against DBS, and knowing how to DI his debuff (with the macro) makes you smarter than 99% of your competition.

I am once again calling blizz niggers for removing insect swarm in pandaland

>he thinks hysteria stacked with death wish
oh nonononono

People tell me the best damage spec in WotLK for Mages was Fire but I NEVER remember seeing a Fire Mage, they were always Arcane.

Yeah that too, you always had something to do in ICC besides mindlessly hitting your keyboard. Yeah theyre probably one the most popular classes. Last time I played was on a private server and I was the main hunter on my guild. If I could do it, so do other anons