Well?

Well?

Attached: mario games.jpg (1280x720, 272.68K)

64 > the rest
sunshine is unfinished, glaaxy 1/2 are too floaty and linear and easy, odyssey is soulless

3d world

you already know

Attached: mario64-torkirby.jpg (1523x1895, 2.69M)

Odyssey > Galaxy > Boomer 64 >>>>>> Sunshit

Sunshine is unfinished?

240 blue coins. .that is my answer to your statement.

spbp

The only good Mario games. When's the next one

i love the way bowser and peach look in 64, such a classic feel

Odyssey is the definition of soul fuck off

64 is the only good one

What a shitty Yea Forums*reddit opinion.

For me, it's Sunshine > Odyssey/64 > Galaxy
But they're all good in their own way

Super Mario Galaxy 1

galaxy sucks ass and Im tired of pretending it doesnt

Attached: 1623281150660.png (1848x1012, 1.28M)

Why are so many people say 64? Were you even alive when that game came out? It was alright but clunky as fuck. I'd rather play any of the other ones than 64 ever again. It also had the most un-Mario like soundtrack of them all.

I played Sunshine during my formative years so it's the best one, simple as.

64 > 3d world > odyssey > galaxy 1 > galaxy 2 > sunshine > 3d land

i've played countless mario 64 romhacks just because of how fun mario is to move around in 64. The level design is solid albeit a bit generic. Peach's castle is a fantastic hub with clever secrets. And the OST is great. What's the problem? There is none. The writing is also pretty funny for a kid's game (whomp king, etc.)

Galaxy > 64 > Odyssey > Sunshine

>how fun mario is to move around in 64
Well that's obviously a matter of opinion. I've played it a lot when I was a kid and even here and there in the recent decade but movement isn't exactly stellar to me. It was fine for the time but if you played any of the more modern 3D mario games it shows how choppy and slidey it is. I don't care for the ridiculous multi-mega-giga-jump combos you can pull off in Odyssey but at least the game feels smooth as fuck even outside of those.

64 is the only one without some retardedly unfun gimmick, so 64 wins be default.

Seriously, why the fuck can't they just make a normal 3d platformer for Mario with no gimmicks. I don't want to have a bunch of mini planets that i float around between, I don't want to have a stupid ass water backpack where I'm cleaning shit up, I don't want to throw a hat around and control random creatures.
I just want a very solid 3d platformer with Mario where you might occasionally get a fire flower powerup or tanooki suit or cape or whatever. Is that too much to ask?

This Where the fuck is 3D World?

to add onto this, there's a ton of cool glitches in mario 64 that you can seamlessly incoprorate into your gameplay, like the mips glitch, the backwards longjump (this one some people figured out on the endless staircase just by experimenting long before it became well-known), the cannonless, etc. You have more freedom in 64 than the other games in terms of which objectives you can do, do you go for 100% or just beat the game? If the latter you can get stars from any level you want. It's a game that feels very make-your-own-fun. It really shines in romhacks where the difficulty and level design ramps up, like Star Road which is easily the best mario romhack eveer.

for me, it's galaxy 2

Odyssey should be at the bottom because it’s too short.

Well what? All these games suck except 64 if that's what you're asking. 3D World + Bowser's Fury isn't in your picture but if it was there I'd say that was good too.

Attached: 1633542915588.jpg (720x894, 93.44K)

fpbp
I prefer sunshine over 64 but yea it's missing too many things

I don't like Mario.

Galaxy > 64 >= Galaxy 2 > Odyssey = Sunshine

Attached: e28.jfif.jpg (720x531, 23.92K)

i used to think i liked sunshine until i recently played it

the visuals are great and the overall presentation is good but i just hate the objective design and how underused the levels all feel

64 > galaxy 1 & 2 > sunshine
haven't played odyssey

Make way for the best 3d mario

Attached: sm3dw.png (1920x1080, 1.49M)

the only clunky thing in 64 is the camera

Why do people hate Sunshine so much, it's my favourite of the 4

Attached: 1615335058512.jpg (576x442, 18.23K)

I think Odyssey will hold up as well as Mario 64 over time.
Games which allow you to tackle objectives and worlds in any order you like have more replay value. Games with a wide variety of movement options also have good replayability. 3D world and Galaxy have their good aspects but even big blocky 64 is fun because of how many ways people can get around the levels.

Sunshine is the best, 64 is second. The other two are garbage that feel like 2.5d mario rejects. When did Nintendo go from open ended levels to levels that are linear and feel like they are rejects from Mario 3d world.

Galaxy > 64 > Sunshine > Odyssey
But that's just my personal preference.

If I had to objectively rate them. Then
Galaxy = Odyssey = 64 > Sunshine
Even then I only knock Sunshine down for not taking the movement mechanics to their full potential.

bunch of filler because it's unfinished, the least amount of levels, some very annoying missions (fuck the watermelon), a couple of the levels aren't any fun to play, fluddless stages which are completely separate from the actual level (the lack of fludd isn't a problem)

objectively:
64 > galaxy 2 > odyssey > galaxy 1 > sunshine

If they were girls I was considering dating:
sunshine > galaxy 1 > 64 > galaxy 2 > odyssey

So play 3D world/land then dumbass

Galaxy is shit just because of the camera killing itself on the planet worlds.
It's complete garbage.
Also the cutscene every time you want to jump between planets gets old after the 2nd time

They're just shit at the game

I've 100%'d it and it's easily the weakest of the 3D games. Cope.

I have completed every game 100% recently
64 was also one of the first games I ever played
these are the objective rankings

odyssey>sunshine>64≥galaxy 2>3d world>galaxy

odyssey is perfect, it's the best parts of 64 and sunshine on steroids and refined along with having a plethora of new amazing things, I honestly could not want more from a video game

sunshine is amazing and none of the parts people bitch about are even a problem, exploring the comfy levels looking for blue coins and finding creative ways to use your amazing moveset to collect them and take shortcuts is fucking fun

64 is great but it really starts shitting the bed once you get upstairs, most of the levels after that point are frustrating and terrible

galaxy 2 suffers from the completely neutered movement mechanics of the first game but it's so consistently creative and amazingly designed I put it on par with the first three, it also never frustrated me at any point like 64
it basically has no bad parts at all but I can't overlook the awful movement mechanics, it just utilizes them much better than galaxy

3d world actually has better mechanics than the galaxies and is fun to move around in, but not nearly to the extent of the top 3 and while the levels are fun they really just don't give the same kind of satisfaction
it's basically a 2d Mario but in 3D, which is fun but pretty empty feeling compared to galaxy 2 which I think did the more focused and linear stuff with way more soul to the point I prefer it
it also gets annoying towards the end with shittier levels similar to 64 and also has autoscrollers which are cancer

galaxy is absolutely the worst, it is so fucking boring I could barely 120 star it even a single time
it has the terrible mechanics but also empty half baked levels because they weren't willing to commit like they did in galaxy 2 and it's just a chore to play most of the time
rosalina and the storybook are what redeem it but a boring slog is all it is as a game

Attached: 1568709416828.jpg (740x1200, 180.66K)

64 will always be the Grandfather of 3D Platforming.

But I will admit after playing Odyssey and going back to 64 its controls are slippery as fuck. Odyssey just did it better in pretty much every way.

>these are the objective rankings
>odyssey>sunshine>64≥galaxy 2>3d world>galaxy
lol
lmao

bowser's fury is kind of hard to rank since it's just a short dlc expansion but even bundled with 3d world I still don't think it puts it above galaxy 2
it was fun but it really just felt like a bunch of 3d world courses plopped into an ocean instead of an actual place like most of the levels in Odyssey/sunshine/64 and even compared to the galaxies, I don't really see the point or how it's supposed to be the future of 3d Mario when it's just a big mostly empty ocean separating the levels instead of a load screen
it had some fun ideas and a more open structure was a breath of fresh air after finishing 3d world proper but unless they seriously refine the idea I don't think it touches the top 3 or galaxy 2, it's probably just 3d world's subpar mechanics and power up based system that holds it back more than anything

something I forgot to mention is galaxy 2 despite being more linear and focused than galaxy 1 actually has more opportunities to skip stuff and creatively find your way around which was the whole appeal of the 3 open marios to begin with, bowser's fury and 3d world don't really have a lot of that either
you can skip stuff but it just feels like a formality because the levels and mechanics are more simple, you don't really get that awesome feeling you're breaking the rules and being creative with skilled movement to find your way around

Attached: 91019be9d9f1a34d368ada46e66b2a6d.jpg (1071x1336, 196.25K)

Yikes. This reminds me why they didn't reuse Bowser's 64 design.

wow nice analysis of games you never even played fuckhead
no one cares what you think

>>sunshine > 64
Stopped reading right here

fuck you i love toy dwagon bowser

sunshine's problems really ARE that bad though. The endless blue coins, the 11 shadow mario chases, the repetitive nature of almost every mission in the game being reused (how many times do you fight that goopy pirahna?), the gooper being reused, the reuse of
>pinatissimo
>M graffiti constantly or the blue triangle / square / circle
it was such a lazy game, i'd only put it above galaxy 1

doesn't matter when it has some of the best 3d platforming mechanics and levels ever made

Attached: mario if he monkey.webm (1280x720, 2.93M)

Bowser's Fury > everything in your image.

Holy crap, I didn't know you could do that.

Based for putting Odyssey at the top and rightfully ranking Galaxy low but absolutely fucking cringe for putting Sunshine above 64

Where the fuck did all of you retarded ass galaxy haters come from
Galaxy 1 is the best mario game

I mean that's about equivalent to the last third of levels in 64, which were all the worst part of the game and seemingly unfinished. Sunshine at least had more worlds that felt complete, even if some of the missions were lamer.

Galaxy is fucking cinematic garbage and boring as hell

hahaha that is NOT equivalent to mario 64's last few levels. The only outright bad one is tick tock clock, RR is fine. There's some fun ideas and you don't have to wait for the carpets if you are skilled.

Odyssey > Galaxy > 64 == Sunshine

>Where the fuck did all of you retarded ass galaxy haters come from
The complaints about Galaxy have been outspoken on this board for years, even if popular opinion will always be that it's a good game. It is a undeniable fact that Mario's moveset is absolutely neutered compared to every 3D game before and after (can't even claim to be better than 3D World in that regard anymore because Bowser's Fury), and the invasiveness of waggle in his moveset when it frankly adds nothing that couldn't have been accomplished with smart controller mapping takes away from the smooth movement and game flow that Mario's 3D platformers are famous for.