What games capture the dreadful feeling and sheer scale of space?

What games capture the dreadful feeling and sheer scale of space?

Attached: 1650327317666.jpg (2795x2795, 2.26M)

Other urls found in this thread:

lightyear.fm/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Elite Dangerous

Space has been debunked.

>SPACE IS LE BIG I'M GOING INSAAAAAANE!!

lightyear.fm/

Attached: 158707732042.png (436x407, 130.65K)

Far Cry 2
>10,000 years by jeep to the bus stop
>10,000 years by bus to the mission location
>get sniped, die, go back, do it again

>wake up
>space engine still not updated

Star Citizen. You can feel how empty space can be.

Holy shit 200 light years already? How did they travel so far?

Who the fuck was responsible for sending these tracks into space? I hope they got fired.

what kind of fucking retard posts a depiction of the entire milky way galaxy and tries to make a point about the vastness of space by showing how far radio broadcasts have gone? do you expect them to cover the entire fucking galaxy and beyond you complete imbecile? imagine proving how low your iq is in such a manner

Most definitely elite 2, the lack of FTL travel in system really makes you feel the sheer size of space

Space Engine, whilst not really being a game, is easily the best example.

Rodina is pretty good at showing the sense of scale of planets in a solar-system, but it's really bare-bones and development takes ages (since it's just a single guy working on it IIRC).

uh what
why are you so mad
it's an interesting example

You won't believe me, but Spore.

Attached: 11111111.png (2048x1534, 3.3M)

Ok sperg, it's clearly just a simple image for children and uneducated.
You having a tantrum over it is fucking embarrassing.

>radio broatcasts
Surely there's a better way to send out information further into space?

Attached: 7ed42820271eca3913a7916d0146c0b3.jpg (348x342, 20.56K)

why would they expect that and what does that have to do with the vastness of space, you stupid angry monkey.

Homeworld

Mario Odessy

What's more terrifying than a Galaxy full of aliens broadcasting is the reality we live in where nobody but us are

Where are they, why are they hiding

An argument could be made that most forms of radio broadcast rely on methods of encoding and decoding information that isn’t extremely obvious without the advantage of human culture. On the other hand, there isn’t likely a better method of information transmission than shooting photons in patterns, and that’s what radio waves are.

It's a wave user it will just keep going. Unless absorb and or emitted by something else.

user, the point is too show how little are couple of centuries or broadcasting has traveled. The point of the galaxy is to show just how insignificant it is.

Death Stranding 2 (in dev)

Attached: 1633322350756.jpg (1024x1024, 172.55K)

It travels at the highest possible speed and any higher energy on the electromagnetic spectrum would eventually get stretched down to radio regardless and would be either a waste of energy or potentially hazardous to nature around the emitter.

this is bait right? surely someone isn't this autistic

Spore, Outer Wilds

Attached: train.jpg (980x1458, 1.35M)

I have a theory that life on Earth started by a cell appearing through the same mechanics as a Boltzmann brain, and through pure gorrilion-to-one happenstance it was in an environment where it didn't die instantly.
I like the idea because it explains why life is so stupidly rare despite the abundance of habitable planets, but I hate the idea because, like God, it's impossible to prove or disprove.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boltzmann_brain

do you know what radio waves are

The problem with declaring life rare is it doesn’t really explain the problem. Life is (probably) common, based on the fact that it evidently got started on Earth REALLY early on, almost immediately in fact.

The real rarity, the real freak show of our planet, is multicellular life. That took an extraordinarily long time to get going. We may be “alone in the universe” simply because we’re the lone island of lumbering titans in a vast ocean of single-celled bacteria.

FPBP
Say what you want about E:D. The game is gigantic.

No Man’s Sky

>this absolutely retarded, nonsense reaction by the neanderthals that are as stupid as the OP
LOL
read the OP
incase you still don't understand my obvious point, no shit our broadcasts haven't traveled through the entire fucking galaxy, its literally 600 000 trillion miles

I wanna love that game but just can't

by moving at the speed of light for 200 years

Scarier to imagine they all died off and we are alone. The sun and it's solar system has a ton of individual quirks that align to form a system that benefits Earth.
>sun is a solitary star and not part of a binary or above system
>jupiter helps pull away larger things that would head toward the inner planets
>sun is a mid life, mid energy star that is relatively calm
>we are in a quiet area of the galaxy
>our galaxy is fairly peaceful compared to others
>oort cloud and keiper belt help lessen potential outside hazards from entering our system
>earth is at a decent location allowing a nice balance of temperature
>dense iron core and the moon help us keep our atmosphere and not end up like mars
Etc

1822 was 200 years ago

sure
you got a piece of paper you don't mind me putting a hole in

Space Engine

Just a reminder:
we live in a local void tens of millions light years long. There is no way out. It's one of the biggest voids out there and we're right in the middle of it.

Attached: file.png (1288x1286, 1.37M)

Yeah, well done for knowing that... do you want a golden star?
You're not the target audience for that image you narcissistic prick.

Why don't the eagles just fly to the other galaxies?

Attached: frodo.jpg (600x599, 45.22K)

why are you like this

I never really thought about it, but this kind of puts a damper on my hopes humanity would eventually be able to shitpost through intergalactic space.

Not really, to be honest.

>not even inside the void, just next to it
>gigantic gravitational well beyond what we can see is pulling us toward it
Yeah no we're fine

They didn't, terrestrial broadcasts disperse and become weaker than the background noise a few lightyears from Earth.

was gonna post elite dangerous, but heres a second place contestant.
daggerfall, one of the few games that feature an actual country sized map excluding sim games

Attached: 74vcr0o[1].png (1075x609, 422.56K)

>shitpost on the extranet
It would have been glorious
>Reminder that Qlorps from Praxio are built for big Jorga spikes

yeah if aliens ever receive a signal from earth created it will just sound like static. It's over...

I know, that's why I was talking about what the OP said and said nothing of the image, you goofy little retard. Don't cry at me because you're a dumb teenager with baby levels of intelligence.

they have the longest wavelength

Attached: EM_Spectrum_Properties_edit.svg.png (2560x1517, 296.17K)

Freelancer

Attached: freelancer omega 13.jpg (640x480, 46.79K)

No Man's Sky

>we are the precursor race that future bee people discover ruins of on lost planets
Based

The only feeling you get from NMS is boredom

why are we even doing it in the first place? the last thing we should ever want is some spacers to come in and wreck our planet

That's a good thing. Aliens don't need to know we are here.

Freelancer absolutely doesn't do what op asks for, the in-game scale is absolutely fucked with planets that seem like they're a couple of kilometers wide

It's scale is fucked but it ends up not mattering
It's not about what is, but how it feels. None of these other games really come close to that eerie feeling of entering an unexplored nebula.

Attached: fl_unknown2.png (1024x768, 937.93K)

Speed of light is a myth. We can go to other star systems in a couple minutes already but not us slaves because they pieces of shit up top.

This, honestly. It may not be that huge, but it's still pretty damn big and the contrast between the vastness of it and how tiny your home planet is really hits like a truck when your civilisation first goes to space