Alright I might just stop playing MHFU at this point...

Alright I might just stop playing MHFU at this point. This has got to be the worst boss fight ever implemented into a video game.

Attached: The absolute worst.png (640x408, 293.12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/QqAwZSTC
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

huh?
he's a no brainer. all the crabs attacks are pretty easily avoided in fact.
only fought in GU tho

The hitboxes are just horrific in FU combined with his faggot progeny being significantly more aggressive than the boss itself and constantly ass raping you.

did you block?

A few times.

>The hitboxes are just horrific in FU
seems to be a general with the game lmao

Get yourself a hammer and stop being a faggot, you can roll through all its swipes no problem

>you can roll through all its swipes no problem
When the game decides to work. Which is about 50% of the time (generous estimate)

>Shogun Ceanataur
Absolute degenerate piece of shi-
>Freedom Unite Ceanataur
>not Terra. The regular one

He's easy as fuck though. OP what the fuck are you doing?

Alright you big baby you, then take your HBG and just spam spread 3, if you can't even do this then consider another hobby because losing to the geriatric animatronics of gen 2 is beyond embarassing

I'm trying to get some parts for a bow in high rank and losing my shit over this abysmal piece of shit monster design.

did you roll?

Yes but it usually doesn't do shit.

How in aquaman's asshole are you struggling against Ceanataur with bow of all things? Bow is easy mode in Freedom Unite.

Because the game just sucks.

You are bad at the game. Quit bitching and git gud.

Play as hunting horn or hammer, break its claws, and smack the shit out of its head. Move diagonally away from it to avoid attacks as it only ever moves forward backward or side to side, and when it takes a defensive stance go buckwild on it's back. Daimyo hermitar is always my mid-grade armor when I have the option, shit's easy to get and has pretty good blademaster skills

I'd rather just quit the game at this point.

Then do it so we can stop making fun of you and get back to shitting on trannies. I got a schedule to keep.

Then quit and delete this thread you breathing abortion

Shogun Ceanataur is a chad. Not sure how he can be that difficult. Sure his blades have a decent range but you just have to be mindful of your placement and shoot the shell/face

>implying he can

Have you tried deleting your own thread in last 7 years?

i don't like the attack where he walks forward with arms spread wide, and his entire body just turns into a hitbox

>use Faid Slash with the LS on his legs
>roll under his legs to avoid every single attack
>wail on his claws/face after he falls
Stop being a shitter. Also his hitboxes aren't that bad.

Stop standing in front of him and punish the taunt that follows.

Of course half of the replies are that he is not that hard "git gud xD" etc.
But he really is one of the most massive faggots in the franchise right after screaming electro maggot.
Simply not fun, you can stop pretinding otherwise, we all offed him easily with shitty intermediate gear.

How is Shogun not fun?

The shuffle snip annoys me

>he is not that hard
He's not tho.

There is literally nothing he can do when you just go up in his face and smash it in. At least his brother makes an attempt to stop you from doing that.

Attached: mhg plays gu.webm (850x478, 2.89M)

100% deserved

FU/2ndg are casual games tri online was harder

Attached: ULJM05500_00047.png (1920x1080, 2.01M)

Don't lose hope! The subspecies you fight in the endgame is considered one of the hardest monsters in the game, and it's basically just the same boss but stronger.

Don't get greedy! If you're trading blows, you die. Hit it once and then evade. Than you cannot lose.

Attached: index.jpg (236x213, 9.28K)

Literally just roll through his legs to his behind when he swipes, he can't hit behind himself when he's doing his side or front swipes, faggot OP

Attached: 1636278462409.png (600x600, 60.88K)

just hit him with the hammer he can't do shit

The fact tthat he has Fast Regen means he's already been Bled by Shogun, and he didn't learn his lesson at all. Sad display, but hopefully it made him a better hunter.

>roll through his legs to his behind when he swipes
Works about a fourth of the time and even when it does you still might get hit.

Easy until they added bleed status to virtually all his attacks in mh4u Went from fun fight to fuck my life real quick.

Attached: 1625885306198.gif (405x414, 181.07K)

I grew up in a little town south of the Kentucky border... things were simple. You tended the farm, raised the herd... and if anyone gave you shit? Son, you beat the fucker down. You were a man.
And under that hot alabama sun you learned the values of christ, america, and manhood- the missisipi trio as my pop called it... may god bless his soul...
And a man like me? Well when we weren’t out hunting or at the bar? We played Monster Hunter Freedom Unite. None of that pussy World shit- real MonHun, PSP MonHun. I’d get back home... hang up my duster, cold beer, my girl cooking some fineeee BBQ... and id play broken clunky hunts.
Sometimes the UMD didn't work, sometimes my hand cramped... but they were always fine hunts. I’d play that game and sweat and toil for hours... and I’ll admit my loins stirred more than once... called it the texas rise, heh... and when I watched my GS whiff a shot at tigrex's head, my mind... wandered. I imagined tigrex taking my girl... like palicos- hoo boy did that get me goin! I remember, in the 39th hunt for fatalis parts! I noticed my missus watching those hunters on screen... stroking that pussy of hers. And I tell you what... without a word I drove her down the city, philidelphia- my home- and she made love to every nigger in sight. I milked my johnson more than ever that night. So when you pussy casuals talk about Monster Hunter World... remember what REAL men play

Yeah I said that

do you play Frontier, anons?

Attached: unknown.png (449x437, 216.99K)

I wanna try it at some point. Atm i'm going through 3U, as i've only played mhp3rd before

How in the actual goddamn fuck does anybody have the patience to deal with this utter fucking bullshit. Fuck this goddamn game.

pastebin.com/QqAwZSTC
here, keep this in your bookmarks

Thanks user, much appreciated

Attached: 1646837265497.gif (200x200, 46.06K)

Old gen monsters are kinda shit but Shogun is pretty fair in comparison. Once you learn how to iframe his swipes he is a blast. I hunted him and Rustrazor in GU about 500 times

>Once you learn how to iframe his swipes he is a blast
Without a doubt the biggest lie ever posted on this website.

Should i buy Iceborne? I played the classic MH games before and played through World a year after its release and i found it to be okay-ish. Is Iceborne actually good or is G-rank not enough to make it really stand out? Admittedly, i mostly want to play it for the nostalgia boner due to Fatalis making a return

Fatalis is a fantastic battle, but it's essentially identical to the fight in 4U/GU with added spectacle.

?????
Don't be in front of him after a roll. I genuinely can't think of why you're having trouble.

>I genuinely can't think of why you're having trouble.
Because it's fucking awful.

I've hunted this monster in every game with every weapon and beaten it without taking a hit mutiple times. In every single possible concievable way, it's a perfect boss.

Good for you, it's still the worst thing pile of shit ever devised. Do you enjoy when it buries under the ground leaving you with nothing to do? Really fun stuff.

Free opportunity to heal or sharpen, and hit it when it resurfaces. There's no such thing as downtime in MH, you should always be doing something.

Iceborne fixes the lukewarm difficulty of the base game, beefs up the monster roster considerably, and adds the best area in the game. The clutch claw is a horribly mechanic and, at least in my case, completely destroyed any enjoyment I had in playing it

It'll just unbury at the perfect time to fuck you over.

You deserved that for not SAEDing the shell instead of standing there like a retard with no anti stun

I'm glad to hear that Fatty is still great. Though, i was asking because i was just not sure if i should get into Iceborne or continue on with 3U and then play through other classic titles that i've missed. There's also the fact that base World didn't run all that well on my PC which further makes me question if buying Iceborne is a good idea
The difficulty bump sounds nice. Is the clutch claw REALLY that horrible though? Can i just kind of ignore it or would i be gimping myself too much by doing that?

you'd be gimping yourself a lot, it improves the shitzones of the monster by 5-15 HZV, and gives you 30% affinity with WEX 3 iirc
and for how horrible it is, imagine needing to stop whatever youre doing every 2-3 minutes to re-tenderize twice on a smaller weapon and only once on a larger, and if the monster attacks with that body section at all you just get thrown off and have to repeat the 10 sec process again, also if the monster isnt enraged you can wallbang them to deal ~5% of their total HP and get a trap tier down
all it boils down to is hunts taking maybe 10-20 mins more in g rank without using it since it just gives you so much free damage

because monster health was increased significantly to encourage use of the clutch claw it can lead to really long hunts.

Is yama taukami in rise yet
if not what the fuck are they thinking

just stack defense and use a greatsword. while charging you gain hyperarmor against most of its attacks so you can just facetank most of its shit and attack his face, he'll be dead within 5 minutes.

Oh god
Taikun felt like a fucking journey, LR he dies so fast it's just one phase
HR gets you all the way to blue
Then Zenith was just fucking nut-crunchingly hard, genuinely one of the hardest Zeniths I beat

Attached: CPR.webm (766x522, 2.89M)

Maybe they learned their fucking lesson about not adding shitmons no one likes?
Yama Tsukami and especially Kurai were some of the most miserable hunts I ever had the displeasure of playing

dont play sunbreak
he's back

Faggot

Khezu and Ceanataur were like my rite of passage to getting good at difficult games in FU. Taught me to be patient, observe, and actually press buttons only when I needed to instead of mashing. I love those two fags.

Attached: 1503917586913.png (570x624, 17.34K)

Just get a bowgun
The point of the game is to change weapons, not "maining" one

Yeah that does sound kinda fucking bad. Guess i really have to rethink if wanting to see Fatalis and Narga again is worth it. Thanks for for the info though
I only fought him in MHFU, and i don't even remember that fight all that well. Why would you want to see him again?

I like him is that so wrong