Final Fantasy XVI development in “the final stretch”

>My hope is that the adults who have grown up, understand the rules of society, and drifted away from Final Fantasy thinking ‘the real world isn’t as easy as a video game’ can remember the enthusiasm they had back then.
literally what did yoshida mean by this

Attached: download.jpg (590x350, 48.66K)

Remember when you were a kid and didn't have bills to pay? Please be excited for Final Fantasy XVI.

Its gonna be a soulsborne-like game

A lot of people on Yea Forums hope the 7 remake gets cancelled after part 2, and while that's extremely likely, my hope is it continues for years and years and only gets worse so we all get to see exactly how much shit the hardcore fans are willing to eat before giving up

>after part 2
I'm not even sure part 2 is going to make it at this point.

>please forget about life for awhile and escape into our videogame
As every game should be.

So, how are ff7 remake's mods coming along?

they struggled to even put out one small portion of whats expected otherwise to be a massive remake
no way it's getting part 2

Whens burmecians?

Attached: 953074_plagueofgripes_freya-crescent~01.png (1080x1920, 1.83M)

>“I can’t say very much about it right now. However, since the first Final Fantasy, I’ve been playing the games in the series as they’re released, and I’m now approaching my 50s…Like the Warriors of Light leveling up, I’ve grown as a person, and along the way you get to know…I guess you could call it the pain of world? I’m aiming to make XVI a Final Fantasy that people who know both the good things and the painful things in the real world can get really excited about again.
>I think there’s a kind of anguish you can only understand once you become an adult. I want to make this game a fantasy that fans who grew up with Final Fantasy , now that they know more about the real world, will be able to get something out of and mentally engage with, to make a fantasy that they can enjoy once again." - Yoshida

Do Yasumi Matsuno, Tetsuya Nomura and Naoki Yoshida really think that discussing politics and real-world issues in a video game = deep and deeper story = good? Contrary to what they and associated namefags think a Final Fantasy is a playable fairy tale with politics ONLY in the background, and their games (in one case would've) sucked. Fuck Tactics, fuck 12, fuck Vagrant Story, fuck Versus 13 and FUCK FF16

>the real world isn’t as easy as a video game
He's 100% right because in real life you have to deal with shitty unpredictable people.

>He's 100% right
It's just a weird thing to assert. Was there really anyone out there that thought life was easier than video games?

No, but I'm sure there are people out there who wished life were as easy as videogames and become bitter and jaded when it just isn't possible.

He means he hopes you play the game to have fun with it as a piece of entertainment, and not expect some deep philosophical message about womens rights and transgenderism. People get so bogged down in tribalism that they can't even enjoy videogames without looking at which 'minorities' it represents and how.
Basically there will be no trannies in the game and the cast won't be all-inclusive equal opportunity bullshit.

The more you post things like this, the more developed part 2 is, by the way.

Keep seething

You have it flipped, user. He's not implying there are people that think life is harder than videogames. He's implying people are trying too hard to bring real life into videogames.
He's probably referring to the social politics bullshit plaguing modern gaming.

TIME
JANNIES

>He's not implying there are people that think life isn't harder than videogames.
fix'd

It means that the story is going to be nostalgia pandering childish shit aimed at the adult soicuck audience.

>Part 2 gets confirmed to be revealed later this year and people still think it doesn't exist.

You schizos are gonna be in your death beds long after the remake is fully out and will still believe it never happened.

>hack'n'slash garbage
>no depth at all
>DMC clone
>no FF aesthetics or gameplay

into the trash it goes.

>medieval (or renaissance?) fantasy
>not futuristic fantasy
Kino incoming

I have trust in the XVI team, but this comes off as, ironically, childish. XV was about Noctis being forced to grow up, and into the position that's expected of him, after external political factors usurped his comfortable position and pushed him into adulthood more suddenly than he was prepared. There's the whole fantasy angle to it, but being forced to mature in order to deal with life's bullshit is something any adult who knows the pains of the world can relate to. As well as just hanging out with friends and having fun together.
Fast-forward to XVI's trailer and the big impactful line is "I'll kill you, if it's the last thing I do". Wow, so mature and relatable, totally doesn't remind me of the things I used to love as a teenager.
As I said, I have faith in the team, and I'm sure there's far more depth to it than this surface level trailer, but the same is true of all the games he just dismissed, which leads me to think the superficial differences are what he's referring to.

I didn't play 15 and I won't play 16, if I want hack'n'slash there are much better titles anyway, but I don't even like this kind of action game, I'd much rather have something like Dark Souls if it HAS to be an action game. Could never get into DMC because it's just mindless button mashing.

>Could never get into DMC because it's just mindless button mashing.
stop playing on easy

imagine if they had the balls to make it a full on nightmare fest where you're an office drone working for an overbearing boss dreaming of final fantasy as an escape, like final fantasy 10 collides with sam hyde

I played FF7R and BD2 this year and I'll be completely honest, BD2 was completely formulaic and full of flows but I had much more fun with it than FF7R.

FF7R was basically a movie, cutscenes all the time and combat with so little depth, I played it only because I thought Tifa and Aerith were cute af. But as a game it failed in every level.

FFXV is hot trash.

Any mainline Final Fantasy game gets me excited just because it's the only big budget franchise that actually mixes things up.

And even hot trash went over his head. This doesn't help his case.

oh god this game is going to get slaughtered by the western journalism machine
a linear JRPG about modern issues has got to be the most inane idea in the current climate
no matter what you say about these issues, you will run afoul of some accidental nazism somewhere. greedfall caught flak just because your choices to fuck over the man were wishy-washy, imagine what happens when you force a tranny to play through your i'm-14-and-this-is-deep hour-long segment that's basically a social commentary on gay rights without the ability to make any choices whatsoever?

this is extremely tone deaf and the execution is going to be insanely cringe. its either "we want the persona crowd" or "we're committing political suicide"

i will kneel and sip if it ends up being earthbound kino where you fight your kid's teacher and shit instead

If 7-2 still happening or what

It's happening. Probably. We definitely won't hear anything until XVI comes out.

>A lot of people on Yea Forums hope the 7 remake gets cancelled after part 2
I actually hope it gets cancelled BEFORE part 2.
The time jannies already ruined everything without chance of redemption.

being ccompletely honest I thought that was so fucking cheesy, it was disgusting. like you get a really good piece of art, then you shit all over it and deliver it "oh it's almost the same, but better"

And then everybody tries to argue about the definition of the word "remake" with you when you point it out.

Really, the only chance to save this trainwreck now would be to make a special edition of Ep.1 that completely removes the time jannies.

Funny considering it has more depth than any other

>DMC is mindless button mashing
I hate to break it to you, but you might just be a scrub.

>combat with so little depth
Did you play it on Hard? There are quite a few deeper mechanics.

the better question is if they played it at all

I still don't understand wtf went through their mind when they came up with that retarded storyline and the final battle with sephiroth on the bridge.

If going the other route means we get shit like XIII and XV, honestly I'd prefer where Yoshida and Nomura are going.

>We should probably end this game with a battle with Sephiroth
That was probably literally it.

>Dark Souls
>action game
Why are Fromfags and soulsdrones like this?

Most people that disliked it havent even played the game so i wouldnt be surprised

I’d rather they take their time with it and don’t rush it out to meet an arbitrary deadline. Hopefully since flop spoken got delayed so did ff16. 7 remake was a step in the right direction but there hasn’t been a great ff since 12.

I also don't understand what he means? Is he begging not to call his game shit? I honestly don't like his online game so don't expect anything good. I can't have any enthusiasm for SE games after ethics department

Attached: 1649429418097.png (1883x1463, 923.72K)

What was the route Nomura was going? (There seems to be a deleted post)

>7 remake was a step in the right direction but there hasn’t been a great ff since 12.
Is it the combat?

this would be fair if i rememberd half the shit in the game, like mr turk motorbike guy, fighting sephiroth in an apocalyptic fight involving giants before leaving midgar, red13 not being playable, sad don corneo assistant guy, and the rest of the dull new entries.

ill buy part 2 if its ps4 but i imagine theyll deviate even further adding more children, annoying characters, and other shit they could have gotten away with if ff had remained the best.

also why doesnt ff let players overlevel anymore? the whole point of rpg leveling systems is less skilled players can make the game easier by grinding. they should just remove all that fluff and make materia and characters static.

Different user here, I think FF7R has the best combat in the series. I also like the combat in FFXII, even though it’s very different. I think I’ve grown to dislike random encounters, which are in almost all of the other FFs. FFXV doesn’t have them, and the combat system has lots of options, but the overall combat design there is wonky and doesn’t provide any incentives for mastering all the systems. FF7R is much tighter and, on Hard mode, pushes you to engage with the combat system. It’s a really unique Hard mode in that you can’t use any items and MP doesn’t regenerate.

>I think FF7R has the best combat in the series.
This is what happens when you tell the Tokyo Team to stop fiddling with their shitty side projects like Rampage Land Rankers and get the band back together for a new FF battle system after which you are then reassigned to work on KH3 and the TWEWY sequel you all wanted to do so bad.

KH3 is a really unique situation in that the main game offers almost nothing of interest combat wise. And then the DLC bosses push the battle system so much further and are legitimately good and challenging. What an imbalanced game.

Based same

I used to say that part 2 wont be out but i got too cocky, now that yoshi p said ffxvi is almost done, i got nervous so i HAD to prepare for part 2 being actually out by claim ing i actually wanted it out just to see how bad it comes, i managed to fix it

Flowery jap marketing talk but basically "I hope people who haven't played FF in a while give this a shot"

For women it is

>Did you play it on Hard? There are quite a few deeper mechanics.
Hard is just "use prayer every fight to win". The no items rule is retarded.

Does Nomura still work on these?

You play NEO and SoP user?

I guess I can see that, but the way he phrased it was a misleading way of saying it.

16 will be 2023 GOTY

I’ve played about half (?) of SoP. I went into it after about 300 hours in Nioh 2. I think SoP is fun, but I can’t help but feel Nioh combat is far better. The enemies are better. The free form of the combos is better. The jobs mostly seem pretty cool in SoP, but Lancer has a completely braindead ability (Lance Hurl) that has trivialized bosses on Hard.

Sorry, user, the time ghosts were trying to bring them back into the series, but they got stopped by Sephiroth.

Attached: 1643426787139.jpg (2068x3138, 1.36M)

>discussing politics and real-world issues in a video game = deep and deeper story = good
I don't know who put you in charge of deciding what a final fantasy game is. In any case, you're asking a leading question. There's more than one way to make a good game. This is what they want to make a game about. It remains to be seen whether it's good.

>People unironically think FF7R Part 2 isn't going to happen.