SquareExposed

Holy shit...
>"Approximately half a year before the launch of Balan Wonderworld," writes Naka, "I was removed as the director of the game, so I filed a lawsuit against Square Enix in court. I would like to talk now that the suit is over and the company rules are no longer in effect.

>"I'm really sorry to the customers who bought the unfinished Balan Wonderworld," he writes. "[...] When I'm making a game, I think it's natural to make constant corrections in order to make a good one, and if that's not possible, I think it still has to be discussed, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I don't think Square Enix cares about games."

>"Personally, I'm really sorry that I released the unfinished work Balan Wonderworld to the world," ends Naka. "My intention with the game was to put it out in a proper form as an action game. But I think Square Enix and Arzest are companies that don't care about games and players."

Square is dead.

Attached: Screenshot_20220429-080658_Chrome.jpg (1080x2201, 846.67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcgamer.com/sonic-creator-yuji-naka-goes-nuclear-i-dont-think-square-enix-cares-about-games/
info.sonicretro.org/Yuji_Naka_interview_by_CVG_(May_27,_2003)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pcgamer.com/sonic-creator-yuji-naka-goes-nuclear-i-dont-think-square-enix-cares-about-games/

Article link

>retarded one button for everything approach
It's plagued every single 3D game naka worked on and he still hasn't realized how shit it is
Fuck this guy

Nah the core design was broken since the very beginning. Just a typical Jap trying to save face by weaseling out his ex-company, it's beyond pathetic

based. square only wants to squeeze as much money from users while providing as little as possible

Like if KH3/FFXV was not enough proof they don't care anymore. Development hell is a thing at Square.

Did you even read? He was kicked off half a year before the final release. They released it early.

Looking at their monetization systems in shit like chocobo race and the existence of some of their mobile games, I'm inclined to believe him

this has been the nature of every single games company ever. some do it better than others. some are more egregious than others.

But one things is for sure, all of them are going down the same road. It is NOT a good thing for us.

Regardless if he is a good director or not SE has been shit for decades and their track record and PR has shown that they literally don't give 2 shits about making a good game for consumers and just want to jew around. Imagine defending and shilling for a company that tries to fuck you in the ass at every chance and is very openly hostile towards it's fans

Did you play his games? From Sonic and Nights, everything is 1-button based.

I have, but none of them are as bad as Balan Wonderland though. You can't deny that.

>He was kicked off half a year before the final release
Literal nothing burger.
Six months wouldn't have been enough to time to make a bologna wonder wall a good game

You know you fucked up when the Sonic the Hedgehog guy tells you that you released an unfinished game.

Balan isn't bad because it's one button. It's bad because the main mechanics and levels are weird and half-baked.

he's just fuming because he's a retard who had no talent to save his last-ditch effort, and now he knows his career is over.
It's objectively his fault BWW was trash with his stupid one button gimmick, and completely gutting the lore and story from the game to put it in a book.

The "CORE" design you dumb fucking nigger. All of his one button bullshit, dance scene bullshit, no story bullshit, would've been created by him during the design process. Hell, he's even gone on interviews reinstating these claims.

Reminder that these were Yuji Naka's thoughts on Hirokazu Yasuhara, the guy who actually did the game/level design of Genesis Sonic.

info.sonicretro.org/Yuji_Naka_interview_by_CVG_(May_27,_2003)

>Yuji Naka: Yeah, one of the guys from our team went to work on Jak and Daxter! As for the original titles, I was involved from the beginning, the creation of the game. The character was born in a kind of stream of creating, so I'm involved from the very beginning of the character. I gave the game direction, and I was the main programmer also.

>So I was involved with every aspect of the original Sonics. Some of the details, like making a map, quite straight-forward stuff, was done by the guy who's working on Jak and Daxter right now. He was involved until Sonic 3, and after that for eight years he didn't do anything in Sega, so he was quite useless in Sega. We really didn't need him. He was really doing nothing with Sonic.

>Some of the details, like making a map, quite straight-forward stuff,

This guy has always been a complete fucking faggot, holy shit

Attached: shadowlaughs.png (716x1116, 393.89K)

This. Anyone who says otherwise doesn't know anything about game development, planning of scope, implementation of features in sprints, etc.

Agreed, absurd to think it would be anything other than complete shit no matter how much time and money this hack got.

so why do you think they didn't want to pay him?

>one button bad
sonic 3/mania did a lot with just one button, see shields and character specific double jumps.

>I don't think Square Enix cares about games
Who in the fuck is that revelation to? That's been more than apparent for decades now. There's a reason nobody a gives a fuck about the release of a Square Enix anymore whereas 25 years ago they were one of the biggest names in the industry.

>This guy has always been a complete fucking faggot, holy shit
reminder this rat once went to a studio to look at an engine,, didn't know the staff (westerners) spoke japanese, and went on to his people about how they could fire everyone except an engineer to put on the sonic team, and use the engine

>yeah that guy was designing the levels, adding some gameplay mechanics, nothing really important compared to me you know, anyway.

Brutal, he's not saying anything many devs don't already know, but it still sucks hearing it out loud.

Yuji Naka is full of shit

Reminder that the build of the demo people played was from when he was working on the game

No one cares about this shitter. Even Sonicfags can see the man is nothing more than a con man. Funny how he says the lawsuit is over, but never mentioned if he won. Considering he's playing the "b-but I care about the fans" on twitter for sympathy kinda hints at him not winning. kek.

Naka was always a narcissistic asshole.

Suing and publicly shaming Squeenix will ensure no one will work with him ever again. His career's just done now, and to end it on Balan of all things says it all.

can you finish balan wonderland in one circle button press?

And all those games were great.

Better yet, fuck squarenix, fuck nomura, fuck toriyama and fuck this hack. Sonic was never good

>It wasn't my fault since I wasn't present for last 6 months of development and it was rushed
This game was never a case of rushing, this game is literally rotten at the core since it's not that they didn't have the time to implement the ideas properly but that simply the ideas were fucking trash to begin with.
They could have given him two decades and an unlimited budget to make a game but no matter what it would always turned out shit.

He is a genuine retard, similarly to Kojima he's a fraud except with Kojima there are at least some small hidden gems sprinkled throughout each turd of a game he makes.
In case of Naka I am legitimately questioning how he's managing to hold a job as anything more than a janitor when literally just some random guy taken from the street would be capable of better video game design and that's not even a hyperbole.

Attached: 1650995606963.gif (235x444, 131.19K)

Nights, Sonic Spinball and Sonic Adventure(1) are fantastic games.

Square is garbage since Sakaguchi left.

Attached: 1624796820073.webm (400x400, 1.71M)

He goes full CWC about how he is the creator of Sonic and how everyone else is useless, so the retarded higher ups in turn hire him based on this claim.

>Balan WonderLand was made in a shoestring budget with SE almost actively sabotaging it
This is known.

>Naka sued
This is new.

Nothing wrong with it; essentially every game has ONE (UNO) button that is the most important one above all. Platformers literally are based around the jump button. The execution is the important part and Balan was iffy, glaring at some parts.

>"The suits at the top ruined the game and suck!"
Fine, believable
>"Also my team sucked and didn't care about games either!"
YOUR team?
>"Also everyone on my team wanted me gone!"
Wish we could see more of these court documents to see what really happened, I doubt it was "nooo we can't ship we need to biggest" and Naka getting told off for ruining the relationship with Arzest

That's why his comments are weak and toothless in the end. SEGA was just as bad as a company, if not worse. Yet it's still true that SEGA released amazing games that might have been flawed in a million ways, but were FUN. I own pretty much every console in gens 4-7 and the Dreamcast is the only console i can truly worship even though i never owned one in my youth. Even the worst games have soul. Even the lowest budget games have creativity. I would let any AAA company today crash and burn if it means a new game with that sort of mentality that went into making DC games for each of them. The world would only benefit.

author?

His retarded ideas are half baked

Don't know, sorry.

People still believe this fraud? The people are squares are complete retards there is no doubt, but he is a gigantic hack trying to shift the blame for his trash game.

Undeniable truth.
Worst of all, Sakaguchi is likewise garbage since he left. I actually enjoyed the Spirits Within. All he had to do was to not put "final fantasy" on the title, and maybe he would have made some money from it. When i went to see the movie in theaters it was full of kids that were hype for final fantasy games, not for a pseudo-hollywood grimdark, abstract and literary plot with alien ghosts. It went over all our heads, but i enjoyed it as its own movie, as an adult. It was 100% a marketing mistake. If only he had made a FF9 movie instead with the graphics from that stupid coca cola commercial.

Literally Square hiring this garbage guy proves Square is garbage. The lawsuit is just the obvious consequence, not that Square will learn from it at all. Suits never learn.

games start getting shit once you have two press two buttons for one action

Yet another Eleven trying to be Kojima. Distancing themselves from the melting pot that got them noticed for victimized reasons.

I look forward to the inevitable failure of a follow up game the he will have absolutely no excuse for.

Square is shit but Ballan Wonderflop is all on you, bro

Yeah. Don't know what happened to Sakaguchi. Maybe he lost his spirit when they laid him off.
But Phantasian looks pretty good at least. A shame it's only on Apple Arcade.
And I enjoyed Spirits Within too. It's not a masterpiece but far away from being garbage.

The only parts of Square Enix that are still worth paying attention to are CBU3 and the Dragon Quest division of CBU2.

>square doing jewish tricks
they really are desperate for kyoani treatment huh?

If they wouldn't remove I would've shit out twice the costumes!

>fired both Hideo Baba and Yuji Naka
At least they are learning something. Wonder when's Nomura or Kitase's turn.

>firing an incompetent nihilist is jewish trick
??

I find it hard to side with Naka considering basically everyone involved in the project wanted him gone, and he appears to be a bit of a manchild given his sperg out towards Moore awhile back.

Hello square jewnix employee. Day of the rope is coming.

Currently Sakaguchi is enjoying the hell out of Final Fantasy XIV.

it seems like you and everyone replying to this are willfully ignoring that he's talking shit about the guy for not working on sonic games for 8 years and then leaving the company, rather than for his work on sonic games.

>ruining the relationship with Arzest
SE should be grateful for this.

Nigga the guy literally calls Yasuhara's game/level design work as "straight forward stuff"

I dunno, i think SaGa is in a better spot now than then.

Yeah that was about some lightgun shooter, but wasn't he also an absolute sperg about that Saturn Sonic game, Sonic Extreme or what it was called, because they dared to use his NiGHTs engine?

that's clearly a side complaint because he's mad at him for doing literally nothing afterwards.