A fucking 90? what the fuck? isn't the first game mediocre?

A fucking 90? what the fuck? isn't the first game mediocre?

Attached: 90.jpg (2044x1599, 664.65K)

I like the first game. The mechanics work nicely though it took way too long for me to actually beat it
Then again I was like 12

So why did they keep the persistent upgrades system when Mark Brown already explained why it was retarded for rougelikes to have persistent upgrades?

Attached: 1 duck and 2 balls.png (1024x1024, 1.85M)

they didn't watch it.

I don't trust anyone named Brown

it's not a roguelike

I like persistent upgrades in roguelikes and whoever that is is an asshole

The only rogue-lites who keep me playing for more than 10 hours are the ones with persistent upgrade systems.

It's for casuals and babbies
They don't care

He argues that the player won't know if he's progressing to beat the game because of his skill or inflated stats coming from upgrades. This game's "roguelite" upgrades are marginal compared to its base difficulty and consists mostly on unlockables like classes (aside from the runes and equipment you'd buy in the dock if you want to, which are more powerful but costly and non permanent)

Admitedly you also get new powers from challenges like the air dash, but level difficulty is balanced around the new skills the game gives you, never starting to feel too ez nor unfair.

it's probably one of the easiest roguelites out there so i'm sure some braindead journalists love it

What do permanent upgrades have to do with the game being casual or not? Hades on higher heat levels is one of the most difficult rogue-likes you can play. Meanwhile a game like Binding of Isaac for example, which doesn't have any permanent power-ups becomes ridiculously easy once you have experience with the game. Sure, the games with permanent power-ups might appeal more for casual players because it feels like you are making progress and not just wasting your time, but how is that a bad thing if the difficulty scales high enough to be a challenge even for the most hardcore of players?

Because nobody should listen to some YT faggot let alone any w*sturd opinions on game design in general.

>isn't the first game mediocre?
You see, there is a 2 at the end of this one. That means it is a different game than the original and may in fact be better and deserving of a high score. How retarded are you?

It basically just adds padding to double or triple the game's playtime. You can't make meaningful progress until you unlock the upgrades, and if you had the upgrades when you didn't you could have progressed much further!

Loved the first game but in the videos this one looks like a visual clusterfuck. Also I got like one or two trophies away from completion in the first game and those last remaining ones pissed me off so much that I dont really ever want to play it again.

mega?

Who?

>Games journalists are full of shit
You must be new here. Someone on the dev team was probably fucking and sucking the journos.

idk about rogue's legacy, but you can finish hades on your first run without many issues

Watched a short vid and the dude had a pride flag as weapon or smth

Damn, I want to be a game journo now
why didn't you tell me this profession had such benefits?

proof?

namedropping e-celebs like they mean something should be a bannable offense

does this one have analog controls or is it still unplayable with sticks?

Here ya go.streamable 6n89l0

>I like persistent upgrades in roguelikes
Then you dont like rougelikes, you like mindless grinding

>hades high heat is hard
>no mention of isaacs harder characters
Post those taint lost or j&e marks

>holds down R
nothing personal, edmund

>isn't the first game mediocre
Are you retarded?

is it actually finished or one of those
>DON'T WORRY GUIZ WE MAKE SURE TO UPDATE HAHA

>Mark Brown

The guy who wrote Arthur? Why would he have an opinion on video games

>pirate it
>first character is a brown woman
>delete it
mutt bloodline, begone

Attached: 1641689652385.jpg (695x674, 43.65K)

OH NO NONO NO SONYBROS?????? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Attached: lmao.png (801x334, 101.79K)

Don't care about mark brown, but adding progression to any game makes more gamers like it

why journos love roguelikes so much?

I never got the hype for the first one, it really wasn't that good. There are a ton of superior games so the reverence for it seems strange

The only thing i know about Mark Brown is that he's a cuck and his whole career is telling people what good game design in despite not designing anything

Because zoomers hate rougelikes, they're about getting better at existing systems. What zoomers love, on the other hand, is grinding out upgrades so they can pretend they got better.

Hades heat is super optional, not arguing that isaac is harder or easier. But high heat is something you choose, and something you only are given incentive for once you get to that point (hundreds of runs assuming you do all weapons)

Mark Brown doesn't know what the fuck he's on about, half the time. He's never actually made a game, he just spouts bullshit talking points on YouTube to mouthbreathers who like Celeste.

>I never got the hype for the first one
it was one of the firsts in the genre

Are YOU retarded?
It's the only thing that makes these kinds of game palatable to the mass market.

The first one was arguably the one that popularized stat upgrades between runs as a game mechanic for these games, it has quite a legacy

Attached: Naamloos-2 (1).jpg (600x600, 34.54K)

Literally who? Why should I care about the opinion of some random youtube faggot?
There's one grain of truth in that statement, in that rogueLIKEs shouldn't have persistent upgrades because by definition a roguelike is a full reset on death. Every run should start the exact same way and all that changes is player skill/knowledge.
Rogue Legacy is a RogueLITE, which means procedural generation and going back to the start on death but getting stronger as a result.

>What do permanent upgrades have to do with the game being casual or not? Hades on higher heat levels is one of the most difficult rogue-likes you can play.
Hades is like 10 minutes long, it's fucking boring as shit.
>Meanwhile a game like Binding of Isaac for example, which doesn't have any permanent power-ups
Oh, never mind, you're just a literal retard.

I bought this on a whim yesterday since it seemed similar to dead cells and it's a fucking good ass game I didn't see any threads on it but I guess once e celebs start talking about that's when you retards will care

No seriously, literally who?

I don't trust anyone brown.

Talk about the game and stop replying to one guy

>which doesn't have any permanent power-ups
unlocks, characters and literal permanent powerups for each character are a thing in BoI

It only takes 10 or so victories to unlock heat, user...

No

The entire point of roguelites is persistent upgrades
I wanna play a progressively more powerful guy, same as a mage in cRPGs

So how pozzed is it?

I'm talking about finishing heat levels progressively, which will take a shitload of runs, there's no advantage of doing 30 heat over 1 if you didn't finish either

So far no gays or trannies

Brown people sometimes

There's improving your chances and there's hard gating any sort of progression behind having to grind 100 runs. I used to be a roguelite fan but RL blackpilled me on the fact that half of the games in this genre use this shitty kind of base stat grinding.

>eceleb shit
kys you’reself

I dunno what journos said but 1 was pretty fun and you should just try it instead of listening to checkmarks and their worthless opinions.

Fuck off brazilian tranny.

>Tendie opinion
Why should I care?

If you care about games being pozzed you should spend less time here

the first one was ludo

Mark Brown was wrong

>2022
>unpozz-patches for every game still not mandatory
i hope the elon musk will fix this

The first one was okay.
Has anyone who has played the second one thought it was better than the first?
Heirlooms like the air dash being permanently unlocked as a reward for progressing instead of being a shitty rune seems like a much better way of progressing than grinding.

Nope.
The first one was good. And the sequel is an objective improvement.
That's why it has a 90.

>There are a ton of superior games so the reverence for it seems strange
Name nine games.