I see why Elden Ring is superior now. It basically removes all the annoying parts of Dark Souls 1...

I see why Elden Ring is superior now. It basically removes all the annoying parts of Dark Souls 1, but keeps all of the good parts.

Attached: ds1.jpg (1920x1080, 1.61M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Nsps0I58yUM
youtube.com/watch?v=Y_L21E7Z2U4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

bumping a ds1 thread

Attached: 1378654518855.gif (638x341, 1.57M)

>it keeps all the good parts, like recycling enemies and letting players sprint past every encounter at no cost

Yep

I think DS1 is still at the top. Elden Ring is comparable to DS3 in terms of enjoyment.

the annoying parts are only demon ruins and lost izalith, one of the main reasons for that is enemy recycling which is a big part of elden ring

Except Elden Ring has a grace near every boss, so you actually don't have to run through encounters.

You can't honestly justify running boss runs in the older games. It's not even just boss runs, the main thing that probably kills you in DS1 is falling (Crystal caves, Giants Tomb, archers in Londo etc.) There are very few places to unintentionally fall off the map in Elden Ring.

If hard resets are "good gameplay" to you, then just go play Jump King or Getting Over It.

DS1 isn't even as good as DS2 though.

>Elden Ring is comparable to DS3 in terms of enjoyment.
The two games couldn't be more different in terms of the sources of their appeal

Letting players speedrun the game on subsequent play throughs so they can quickly get the items for their build? That sounds great!

The archers are the best non-boss encounter in the entire game. Forcing you to fight one where you can't circle strafe for free backstabs or back down (because the other will then be able to shoot you in the back) is great encounter design.

>You can't honestly justify running boss runs in the older games
The game is punishing you for playing like a retard. It works in DS1 because the bosses don't act like hyperactive spastics, so you actually have a fair chance at beating them on your first attempt if you just play carefully like you're supposed to.

I also like it because it’s completely impossible for the host to progress if I invade in that spot, they have to d/c or die and try again

>non sequitur
them cutting down boss runs doesn't change how the optimal solution for most non-boss encounters is running past them. Dark Souls had this problem too, but in ER they give you a mount that makes it even easier. there is no reason to engage with most of the game world.
>not understanding what the older games were trying to do differently than the new normie b8 game
the bosses in DeS were the climax of the preceding level, not a main event onto themselves like in the later games
>non sequitur
not even worth dignifying this with a reply. You're a retard

Elden Ring is much, much better than DS3

>so you actually have a fair chance at beating them on your first attempt if you just play carefully like you're supposed to.
100% true in Elden Ring too, provided you're not a retard and actually level vigor/wear armour. If you're dying too quickly to learn their movesets the fault is with you.

>100% true in Elden Ring too
it isn't and you're lying if you said you beat margit first try

>I see why Elden Ring is superior now. It basically removes all the annoying parts of Dark Souls 1, but keeps all of the good parts.
true, but then it makes all the good parts bad by dragging it out for 60h extra, then soiling the action with obnoxious enemy movesets and fucked up balance

why are people saying ER is the best?
I play it all the time but I never have fun, it's like playing gran turismo over and over, i pulled out headphones it was so bad

I did in the final release, but I'd already beaten him in the network test where I did die so it doesn't count.

I beat Morgott and Mogh first try yesterday, though. No summons or magic, just a greatsword and enough health to survive and learn from anything that they were able to tag me with.

Why are you playing a game you hate all the time?

I like DS3 and ER is pretty comparable. It may be a better game but not by that much.

Sekiro > DS1 > DS3 =/= ER > DS2
Haven't played consoleshits

I've beaten every souls game since Demon's Souls and DS3 is the worst one while ER is one of the better ones

I've beaten every souls game since Demon's Souls and ER is the worst one while DS3 is one of the better ones

you guys haven't ditched this fad game yet?

most have

Attached: Screenshot 2022-04-28 at 16-48-05 ELDEN RING - Steam Charts.png (700x200, 24.47K)

>demon ruins and lost izalith
I never had a problem with those locations honestly.
They're both pretty straightforward and short.

i don't know who would enjoy this game after dragonkin boss' that is a total slog that is not fun at all, jus constant Area of effect shit, with the other bosses its jus constant gank shit

like how do people still hate ds3 after this?

My autism never let me leave anyone standing.

>like how do people still hate ds3 after this
no one hates ds3. It's just a meme started by ironic ds2fags

Dragonkin soldier isn't even hard it's like Taurus Demon tier

>how do people still hate ds3 after this?
Because it's a much worse game.

That's because those are sections without the dumb "haha you fell off the map, time to run all the way back!" content people apparently love so much.

i beat the 2nd one at lvl 50
it was jus constant dissapointment
i'd get it down
then it'd do it's stupid AoE shit that kills 2/3rds of your health

wasn't a fun fight at all

Simply eric

I don't understand the DS3 hate either. Most complaints I see is that its "Too easy" which isn't an actual complaint.

>zoomer retard with tunnel-visual focus on muh bossfights, an aspect of the game that makes up less than 5% of the playtime
Yeah I can see why you like DS3

ds3 at least i had fun nonstop

in ER there is some shit on the road to ride past lol

Replayed DS1 after ER. It's still king. I know the biggest complain about DS1 is that there are a few builds that break the game and that a few of the late game areas are shit, but if we are rating the series on these factors alone, ER would be dead last in any ranking.

Which one is the second one to you? The Nockstella one is the only one who has AoE attacks with his second phase lightning, and I fought that one first. The other one is the same fight with no AoE.

ESL retard who can't string a sentence together prefers DS3 to ER, no surprises there.

It’s a good thing no one rates any games in the series on those factors alone, then

That's cool, it's my opinion. I don't get the hateboner behind DS3 around here but w/e, I can think for myself.
I didn't enjoy Sekiro all that much so it'd be somewhere between ER/DS3 and DS2. It's definitely better that DS2 though.

nokstella was the 2nd one i faced

but holy shit what a unfun section

> Except Elden Ring has a grace near every boss, so you actually don't have to run through encounters.
Renella and Dragonlord Plasidusax say hi

Did you forget Bed of Chaos exists?

We had very different experiences, I thought those underground sections were a highlight in this game. Besides the bugged ant piss spray attack doing a ton of damage it didn’t feel like bullshit. What weapon were you using? I explored it around lvl 48 with the epee and didn’t run into a lot of frustration.

I don't know what it's called

it's basically a pole axe
you pick up at stormvale
it's like 6ft high and it looks like a crescent blade
one of those weapons where you smack the ground hard

that's what i've been using the entire time

i figured I was jus underleveled but there's no where else to go usually, beat renallia and nokstella, have to find Ranni to open up the study hall 2nd half

the hand in the ground attacks really suck, there's no signal when it happens and you can't run away from it

>beat renallia

Attached: 1626939712120.jpg (1024x977, 165.34K)

Yeah the hands are annoying with their 0 frame rush attacks. You can see the tips of their fingers when they’re hiding underground at least. Did you use a shield? I felt like that made a big difference in being able to tackle that content at that level.

>Except Elden Ring has a grace near every boss
placidusax would like a word
i really dont understand why they introduce stakes of marika, and then dont place them where you really need them
be fucking consistant

yeah
the diff between 1 and 2 hands is like 20 damage
but you can block an attack with your stamina bar and the shield

i cheated basically jus stuck behind his right ankle and attacked

Weird how they forgot to include the good music: youtube.com/watch?v=Nsps0I58yUM

youtube.com/watch?v=Y_L21E7Z2U4

zoom zoom nigger.

Attached: FromSoftware Teams.png (2130x2076, 774.98K)

>You can't honestly justify running boss runs in the older games
The level design was the appeal of the older titles. Not the bossfights.
Now all the focus is on bosses. If I want good bossfights I go play MH or Dragon's Dogma.

>If you're dying too quickly to learn their movesets the fault is with you.
Only OP builds and ashes can reliably clear bosses on a 1st encounter. Every other way results in a few deaths outside of the easier encounters.

The level design in elden ring is phenomenal. Only real downside is there are no WAs that lift you up like a rising strike.

>The level design in elden ring is phenomenal
It really isn't. Most of the legacy dungeons feel the same outside of aesthetics and enemies. There are some that are a bit unique but except for Stormveil and Leyndell all levels feel too short for how few there are. I like well-paced levels but ER needed more substantial ones

I just do what I do in every From rpg during first run - level my hp and carry load so I can wear big armor. Then I play defensively in boss fights until I see their rotation. Then I kill them.