PS3 Emulation

What are some good games to download? Any hidden games you want to share?

Attached: 22093326179l.jpg (800x320, 119.23K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dmTOU8r4lZA
youtu.be/wGLxIO1IauA
youtube.com/watch?v=_7mb_8uh-d0
store.steampowered.com/app/1581040/El_Shaddai_ASCENSION_OF_THE_METATRON_HD_Remaster/
youtube.com/watch?v=fNIDgLO0kmE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Games?

Not a hidden game but play asura's wrath if you haven't

Attached: rfl89.jpg (426x186, 17.1K)

I liked infamous 1, eternal sonata, demon souls, ratchet and clank crack in time, nier, Dark souls and draken guard 3

conan

youtube.com/watch?v=dmTOU8r4lZA

Also the last decent EA sports games for fifa,nhl, and nba came out for ps3

Idolmaster have 100% English patch

I never owned a PS3. So far I have Heavenly Sword, Lollipop Chainsaw (v. good), and Motorstorm 2.

mgs 2 and 3 hd

2 and 3 isn't a meme is it ?
I played 5 and disliked it. Dropped it about halfway

Idk about Scott pilgrim but the rest look solid

Demon Souls was the first thing I played after downloading an emulator lol. Never heard of Eternal Sonata and Drakenguard before

yea its a meme bro, everyone pretends to like it. it's so funny we even pretend to have liked the series for more than 20 years and memed an entire franchise out of it with it becoming one of the most notable gaming franchises of all time

tried to emulate a ps3 game (demon souls) for the first time yesterday and i got shit frames.. its so over

>Asura's Wrath
>Demon Souls
>Exclusive Tales of games
>Persona 5

post specs

>What are some good games to download?
dante's inferno

nah i got a shit pc I was just hoping that it might run it since i cant be fucked to buy and setup a ps3

Ar nosurge
Drakengard 3
Maybe red dead I don't know if it's playable yet.

Has anyone played Castlevania Harmony of Despair?
I thought it was a normal game but apparently it's just multiplayer co op on random maps or something?

it's pretty trivial to hack a PS3 now and you can download games and simply copy them over your network. Not much setup required.

Drakengard 3
Lollipop Chainsaw
God of War Collection
Persona 5
Asura's Wrath

Also, keep an eye out for any updates directly addressing Infamous 1 and 2's poor performance. From what I've seen, most of the graphical glitches for them are gone, it's just the performance that needs some ironing out

suggested guide?

yes, its more of a online game indeed, some guys did a unity PC port some years ago, dont the current status but when i played it back then it was alright, you can try that one since you can actually play online.

probably some shit on reddit but the basic idea is to install cfw for your PS3 and then multiman and copy your backups to the PS3

Gow3 and mgs4

how good does your pc need to be for it

I don’t know how it emulates but Tokyo Jungle is one of my favorite PS3 games

>never had a PS1
>ask about PS1 games
>get massive guide suggesting hundreds of games I never heard of
>never had a PS2
>ask about PS2 games
>get massive guide suggesting hundreds of games I never heard of
>never had a PS3
>ask about PS3 games
>umm Demon's Souls and uhhhhhhh Infamous... and uuuuuuhhhhh have your tried ummm Asura's Wrath maybe?
what went wrong with the PS3 era?

Attached: 1651021864350.jpg (1735x6850, 3.91M)

El Shaddai
God of War III
Drakengard 3
MGS4
Aquanaut's Holiday: Hidden Memories
Boku no Natsuyasumi 3
Folklore
LBP 1 and 2
Jak Collection
Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Rain
Tokyo Jungle
Yakuza Ishin
Yakuza: Dead Souls
Ryu ga Gotoku Kenzan
Armored Core 4, 4A
Ranko Tsugime's Longest Day
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Daytona USA (has a small netplay community, best port of game currently available)
Red Dead Redemption (+Undead Nightmare)
Scott Pilgrim vs The World: The Game
Fight Night Round 4
Skate 3
Atelier games (PC ports seem fuck-y)
Wipeout HD
Macross 30: Ginga o Tsunagu Utagoe
Siren Blood Curse
Hard Corps Uprising
Lumines Supernova
Puppeteer
Catherine (PC Port changes too much and is fuck-y, Switch port is only on Switch)
Initial D Extreme Stage
Midnight Club 3 & 4
3D Dot Game Heroes
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
Dragon's Crown
Asura's Wrath
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Here, my list because I am currently researching this console and filching it for good games. Not alphebatized because I just add stuff when I find it.

many games went multiplatform and with a vastly superior version (bayonetta 30fps version is PS3 exclusive).

Oh yeah, Demon's Souls and Noby Noby Boy aren't on the list cuz I downloaded them already. But those are both good games.

Ridge Racer 7

How does it run compared to actual hardware? Does it still have the screentearing and shit if you emulate it? I heard Drakengard 3 also runs better

your going to want at least an 8 core CPU or higher for PS3 emulation, you can get away with 4-6 cores on a smaller non graphically intense PS3 game though.

>what went wrong with the PS3 era?
The PS360 era was the first time there was little to no fundamental difference between the major players in the market (yeah, there was some, but not as much as fanboys would have you believe), so for the most part, a 360 game would play the same as its PS3 counterpart.

NASA tier, if you want to play the most demanding games at 60 FPS or higher.

>good ps3 games
demon's souls
hd versions of jak, ratchet and sly
>hidden games
project diva f 2nd

whatever the 5900x gets 5 more frames than m,e in RDR1 it doesnt matter for now.

Not him i beat that game it was like an interactive anime also the last 3 chapters of the story and the true ending are DLC

Game should be hated

you could buy the best cpu there is on the market and it still wouldn't be good enough

here are games I have downloaded

Attached: Untitled.png (572x817, 44.93K)

Is it true you need an 8 core cpu to play PS3 games?

I was able to play MGS4 without too many issues on an i7 8700K and 1080Ti. When I had an i5 it barely ran.
Shit like Demons Souls should run on lower end hardware, it really depends on the game and if you're trying to upscale but you want at least 8 cores and a modern CPU.

Well, see you boys in ten years.

>mfw lego lotr and orochi 3 chugged my 12th gen

Attached: 2569ec3043004e047b34d5afec00af82.gif (500x500, 1.55M)

>NASA tier
Depends on game. Heavenly Sword and Lollipop Chainsaw run at 60 on my old 6 core.

Everyone go play Rain, its excellent.

There are more and less demanding games. I played Persona 5 on a 2600x which is a six core processor perfectly. However more demanding games like Killzone 2 are unplayable for me, but playable on more powerful CPUS

Wait for Arrow Lake.

Yeah, those run on my laptop
I was talking about games like God of War Ascension.

I will user thanks, was just looking for something to emulate that I haven't heard off and it looks interesting

So the 7th gen of games was the first HD era, and this came with a massive increase in budgets and team sizes, game worlds got huge, HD asset generation meant you needed team sizes in the hundreds rather than the dozens. This meant HD was just too costly for a lot of the smaller 5th and 6th gen devs and they couldn't keep up, ultimately this meant most developers couldn't afford to make exclusive games anymore the only way the numbers made sense was either you got a healthy contribution by the platform holder to stay exclusive or you had to go multiplat to survive , so most games worth playing went multiplatform, this was aided by the fact that the PS3/360 were also relatively similar in their capabilities so devs could split the difference and deliver a game that could run on both pretty easily and 360 was pretty close to PC so most games which ended up on 360 made their way to PC too, which means today the PC version is the defacto version to play, you don't have to deal with emulation since it's a native PC port, you can probably run the PC version in 4k/120fps at max settings on your midtier PC and you don't have to hunt down a iso/usedcopy to get it it's probably on your digital distribution platform of choice for

Attached: 7th gen.jpg (958x768, 116.77K)

>isn't a meme is it ?
I was going to list you some games but apparently you are an NPC with no ability to think for himself

is a 5900x enough for emulation? Thinking of upgrading

>Catherine (PC Port changes too much and is fuck-y, Switch port is only on Switch)

This is a thread about an emulator lel, can't Yuzu play this game

Doesn't Xbox do it way better?

Probably, but I really hate getting into recent Nintendo console emulation stuff, like WiiU emulation. If the emulator is good, though, I'd check it out.

The 5800X3D should be good with a RTX 3070 atleast

>5800X3D
stop shilling the meme

Don't bother with multiplats on PS3 either way

xbox doesnt have emulator that can emulate them well though?

Odin Sphere, VF5FS, Wipeout HD Fury should run well without nasa CPU.

Attached: 1629674389507.png (760x949, 1.65M)

You can play Drakengard 3 at 60fps
youtu.be/wGLxIO1IauA

youtube.com/watch?v=_7mb_8uh-d0
Doesn't seem bad at all

>El Shaddai
that actually got a recent PC Port
store.steampowered.com/app/1581040/El_Shaddai_ASCENSION_OF_THE_METATRON_HD_Remaster/

How can I play KZ3?
It's crashing as soon as the first cutscene ends.
Except for the 5600XT, my specs are above the recommended specs.

Every Uncharted game
MGS HD collection

If the game actually utilizes the power of Cell (like Uncharted or some other big dick exclusive), 99% of the time you need an alien spaceship central computer to run it at stable 30FPS. If it doesn't, then 6/6 (or even 4/4 at times) CPU is enough. GPU doesn't really matter, it just has to be able to use Vulkan.

>uncharted
pointless getting released on pc but also naughty dog in general fucking sucks after the early 2000s

Jim Ryan isn't going to cuck out the trilogy.

>Alien spaceship computer
You just need a lot of cores with AVX 512. Those barely cost more than mid range GPUs.
youtube.com/watch?v=fNIDgLO0kmE

i finished both Demon's Soul and Dante's inferno on RPCS3 even tho i have a modded PS3