Monster Hunter World vs. Monster Hunter Rise

Which is the better game? It's time to make your choice.

Attached: Monster-Hunter-Rise-World-Cover.jpg (1400x700, 210.55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=q0YN4TM5Ukg
youtube.com/watch?v=PH2uF7WEqDQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Rise gameplay is better but World is better at everything else except the atrocious cutscenes.

I'm waiting for Sunbreak to make a final judgement(hoping for the best), but base Rise quickly put me to sleep.

Iceborne is better and I doubt Sunbreak is able to save Rise in any way.

I like World more because I like the cool monsters and the ecology stuff more than the combat to be wholly and completely honest with you. Also Iceborne is out and Sunbreak is not so I think the comparison is unfair.

wirebugs make the gameplay worse

4U

The maps are a complete slog in world too and the scoutflies thing are cancer too

everything after xx was shit
4U remains at the top

Rise has these two sluts

Attached: 1951954.jpg (1260x2205, 418.94K)

World.

As a hh main
Fuck rise

Care to elaborate? What about Rise made HH so bad?

t. Switch Axe main

They're both complete ass.

Base Rise completely shits on Base World its not even funny. But I love Guiding Lands and I think its the best thing to ever happen to the franchise so if Sunbreak doesn't have an equivalent it will be worse than Iceborne.

Monster Hunter World's Gunlance < Monster Hunter Rise's Gunlance.

I hope it gets more cool Shelling attacks in Sunbreak.

Attached: __blastoise_pokemon_and_1_more_drawn_by_garrett_hanna__sample-72fea0ee0749c3675bf4478d883bd64b.jpg (850x485, 73.15K)

Attached: Truth.png (680x697, 550.33K)

They completely reworked the weapon for the worse.

Rise is a better game but lost most of its potential momentum by releasing without an unlocked HR cap.
The other big issue is that while rampages are a fun change of pace, they don't do well for end-game because half the skills you pick up in normal hunts don't apply in rampages.
Arch-tempered is cancerous but it at least resembles traditional hunts (even if you have to fucking grind to hell and back just to not have your weapon deflect)

There's something about Rise's combat that bothers me, but I can't pinpoint what it is. All I know is that hitting monsters just doesn't feel as good as previous entries

In terms of base games then its Rise, better monster variety(what were they thinking with making most monster be the same type and basically no interesting returning monster until iceborne), better story progression(it was a slog to get through world's story), armor and weapon design, maps and music(not much better to be honest, both are laking compared to previous games but they do have some stand out in some of their original tracks or some remix like Zinogre from Rise), like some weapons in Rise better like SnS, SA, GL(the damage is better in world but its so much more fun in rise),IG, and others like GS(mostly due to rise lacking hitstop), CB and Hammer(I like what they added to hammer but overall damage is too weak and its too reliant on impact crater, you fix that and it would be my favorite iteration), I do miss stuff from world like better events, more event gear, seasonal fests, investigations and some other aspects.

Neither. They're both garbage and a sign of how far this series has fallen in quality. I have 0 hope for MH6 at this point

Keyword "after". XX/GU was still great.

risesisters...

It may not be the same for you, but I got the same feeling. I think it's because it's in this shitty middle ground between how World did it and how the older games did it. World tried to go for a weighty yet smooth feel with their weapons and monsters (most of the time), while the older games were sort of static and had locked-in animations for everything. Rise tries to go for both, yet fails in both regards. It ends up looking floaty and robotic at the same time in my opinion. Also, World monsters tended to have a lot of interaction with their environment, but they don't do that as much in Rise.

Dunno if I'd say it was great, it was pretty good.

crutch claw exists too

Rise needs a fight on the same level of kino as Fatalis in world to even be in the running. For now world had

>Better sounding music
>Looks better
>Better hub areas
>Fun crossover shit like the behemoth

I like the roster in baseline rise better than baseline world however, and there is potential, as it stands though iceborne blows rise out of the water, and Rise feels slightly wimpier than baseline world

base game? as in Monster Hunter: World vs. Monster Hunter: Rise? Rise easily. Iceborne was really good despite Clutch Claw, let's see if Sunbreak can live up to it.

4U alone. GU in groups. 4U's mounts make multiplayer borderline unplayable because there's always that one jackass spamming mounts and it completely fucks the game's pace.

>wimpier
Explain. Do you mean easier?

Slightly easier, which doesn't really matter too much, but in general a lot of monsters feel like pushovers even compared to their world counterparts. I feel like im able to push monsters around and knock them down a lot more in Rise compared to world.

>Better sounding music
I swear the music is goat but the sound effects when you hit monsters don't feel as nice as IB

I ran into the issue in 4U of having the other 3 players cart less than 5 minutes into the hunt.

Hard disagree on the music, world butchered all returning monster tracks except rajang, yian garuga and Fatalis who were indeed improvements to their tracks, other than that only specific zones battle themes like rotten vale,hoarfrost reach and guiding lands, for Rise as far as remixes go they aren't usually better than the original but the worst remixes aren't bad, I think Rise Zinogre is better than even the original theme, rise jang is worse than the one in iceborne, rise Teo and Kush are better, Rise mizutsune and valstrax are worse than their GU theme but they aren't that far behind and in the case of the rise mizu I like for its style in some parts of the track, the only one that I vastly prefer the original is Chameleos(I love chameleos's theme), as for originals I really loved ibushi's theme(normal and the rock version), all areas battle themes except maybe the sandy plains one because it isn't a proper remix of the amazing original one

>Rise Zingore is even better than the original

Attached: 1237938816782.jpg (603x452, 43.58K)

Rise looks a lot better on PC because it's not run through a million filters that make it look foggy and grainy. The hub area is also a lot more comfy because there aren't a bunch of people walking around to give the illusion that everyone is super busy.

Haven't played Rise so I'm just curious. How would you compare the most difficult monsters in Rise to World's AT monsters like nerg, lunastra, and Xeno? Extremoth and Leshen doesn't count.

>Dalamadur uses hyper beam
>KOs all three of your french teammates

I miss big snek

Base game is Rise for sure

Pros compared to World
>Better initial roster
>More varied gameplay styles with the Switch Skills
>Better village design with a 10/10 theme
>Better hub design with a 10/10 theme
>Better maps
>No utter cancer like Kulve Taroth siege

Cons compared to World
>Obviously inferior visual fidelity because Capcom had to make it run on the pile of garbage called the Switch
>Slightly easier, some Switch Skills are just beyond broken and there's nothing in quite on the level of EX Behemoth difficulty wise
>Rampage
>Apex Monsters are reskinned deviants but with no armor or weapons
>Really bad Event Quests
>Overall touch and go soundtrack, the vocalizations in the monster themes are pretty god awful for the most part

I'm really interested to see what Sunbreak will hold or even have anything close to the kino that was Iceborne Fatalis

The music is pretty good, there are some pretty high highs, but there are a few things that detract from it.

>mounting monster music just breaking up the general flow
>a lot of the carry overs dont sound as good as world's did
>Forest and Ice area feel like they have weak tracks compared to the rest
>overuse on vocal chorus which ruins their impact when it matters

I really disagree with Teostra and Kushula. The instrumentation is better but there is so much needless chorus shit in the background, and in general rise way overuses the vocal chorus for a lot of tracks which is my problem with rise's soundtrack as a whole.

I admit I havent played a ton of rise's end game, but I dont think anything gave me nearly as much asspain as AT Lunastra. Then again I also found AT Nerg and Xeno fairly easy.

I remember them changing some hit sounds in World when Iceborne came out. I hope the same happens with Sunbreak

honestly there wasnt any monster music in rise baseline that came close to this track

youtube.com/watch?v=q0YN4TM5Ukg

Or this track

youtube.com/watch?v=PH2uF7WEqDQ

Would I like world if I'm a DMC fan and like dark souls too?

Can this Armor please come back in Sunbreak?

Attached: d6mcjgo-39885953-bafa-4880-98d5-77026f7008b2.jpg (778x1100, 757.94K)

I preferred world's maps, or at least that what I was going to say, then I remembered the piece of shit that is the coral highlands

>it's gonna be another one of "those" threads

Attached: 1650778123824.jpg (750x739, 52.74K)

im gonna say no because we don't need more Soulsfags in Monster Hunter

both suck

Attached: 1648286074421.jpg (370x579, 17.18K)

Hardcore DMCfags are even worse and more obnoxious with "muh everything must be stupid and broken" mentality

Yep, an actually good thread. And then you had to show up.

yeah because DMCfags are the ones that have been slowly shitting up the board the last 3 months, fuck off and dont play Monster Hunter

Does anyone else think Wyvern Riding had a negative impact on Rise's Map Design?

I feel like a lot more could have been with the Locales, but needing Monster Riding pathways held them back.

>Base Game
Rise.
>G rank
We'll see.

Then don't use them

>off model art

MH Rise is 50% off, is this as low as it's going to get before Sunbreak?

Attached: 1643641795557.jpg (612x429, 23.06K)

Rise gameplay
World content

There is only like 2 months left so probably

Fatalis Iceborne was peak monster hunter user, the entire build up to the fight, the god-like theme ending up in the original proof of a hero and the fight itself being fucking hard compared to everything else. I doubt that any MH will surpass that in the future.

Wyvern Riding is fucking ass. Everyone remembers the pure pain that it took to get Chaos Oil 3, but that shit was great. Jho and Bagel running around add so much to the missions and create a lot of fun scenarios. By not only removing that challenge, but actually making it easier when a monster comes by, it just really loses something in the experience.

Also the bow changes are fucking terrible. The bow in World was like flowing and dancing with the monster. In Rise, not only did they turn it into unga bunga infinite invincibility/counter frames, bringing back shot types was probably the single dumbest thing they ever did. In World the bow was fun because you had to weave in and out of the monster's range to maximize your damage between normal shots and power shots. In Rise you just stay at the same distance the whole time and spam shots without paying any attention to what you're doing since the crit distance is the same on everything. Not to mention rapid is correct in 90% of situations, so most bows are just useless off the bat. And then the bows that aren't only go up to shot type 3 or something and are useless there anyway. Just an awful decision.

yes. Next sale is summer one but its going to be after the expansion releases, its now or never