I don’t care how you feel about Heroes gameplay or story wise but on a scale of presentation, art direction...

I don’t care how you feel about Heroes gameplay or story wise but on a scale of presentation, art direction, music & charm, it’s fucking SOUL.

It was the very last 3D Sonic game to have that Adventure vibe.

Attached: C79FF55B-DDFD-4C9E-9180-8901D34FEA1C.jpg (958x720, 249.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/asdBeP4HFPc
youtu.be/yxEuKyTvXuM
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

THIS MACHINE

>Shadow doesn't have the Adventure vibe
>Literally closer to the original vision of Adventure 2 than the actual Adventure 2, including the branching paths they had to drop
>Rounds out the Adventure storyline, Heroes is more like a sidestory
Take it back

>Every playable character had their own colored aura whenever you jump, roll or dash or attack.

SOVL

Attached: 02F19146-5763-40C2-898A-6295541ADD1A.jpg (701x598, 389.45K)

I'm gonna guess some eceleb made a video about Heroes and thats why theres been an influx of threads?

Attached: sonic if he fat.gif (400x297, 2.05M)

>Image STILL not callled UH OH BIG.gif
Come on son

No I made this because Heroes is a based game.

Nah, people are talking about sonic over the origins release.
But Ross did make a video on Sonic Heroes about some time ago.

Sonic friends are fucking cringe, no one but robotnik should ever be voiced.

Nah, even as an impressionable kid this game was a massive step back from the prior Adventure series.
>characters floating around in the select screen like retards
>everyone plays the same
>the Chaotix missions in general
Horrible game. Frog Forest is the best song though.

YOU KNOW WHAT THEY SAY

Attached: EggBreakerCC1.png (1123x847, 827.78K)

Based on what?

>everyone plays the same

Haven’t people been bitching and moaning for years about the alternate gameplay styles in SA1/2 and wanting the cast to be more like 3&K?

And it’s not like they’re clones either, every character has a certain ability by themselves.

>characters actually reference past events from SA1 and SA2
Soul.
youtu.be/asdBeP4HFPc

BORN IN THE DARKNESS TO LIVE IN THE DARKNESS THATS THE NINJAS CREED

Attached: 75285C1E-CD91-42AF-814E-CE52F4CBAA2E.jpg (741x763, 413.61K)

Charmie made me want to tear me ears out, please NO MORE

What exactly do people have against Heroes' gameplay? Yes, the reliance on grind rails and bottomless pits is a problem, but everything else is fast and punchy and it does cater to different play-styles and alternate routes.

Oneyplays is playing it

BASE ON THIS
**Unzips tiny Mobian cock**

>SOUL
The graphics were bad but not that bad

>Sonic Hera-Orar-roorerooooo!
Corey is a fucking spastic, I love him.

I think the big problem is that it has to slow down a lot for combat encounters that aren't even that fun. Also, Speed is slippery and Fly is slow as ass.

I unironically prefer Sonic 06

Wasn't this from Shadow? I thought the bosses in Heroes were either aircraft or mob rushes.

>cant follow the skit and neither the game
I wanted to choke him so fucking bad! Holy shit!

>Oneyplays is playing it
Eh whatever
>Corey
I will now watch your lets play

>no option to feeling mix and match characters

Nah its trash

I both like and hate that it helped solidify a "Rule of Three" and "Team {insert noun}"archetype for the franchise.

Attached: Oh Yes Oh No.jpg (1024x679, 56.94K)

What would their third member be? And what would be their roles? I only found out recently after playing 06 that Silver is fucking slow and Blaze is actually the fast one

Attached: ac5ec0c56364b7d751cd2aebc27d2c0f.png (782x1021, 939.42K)

>Game developer is called "Sonic Team"
>One of the hero groups is called "Team Sonic"

Bravo.

Attached: Iizuka.png (460x394, 172.96K)

For me it's the wonky physics and the unnecessarily long levels. Certain attacks have a weird homing effect that'll fuck you right off the edge of a level, the half-pipe physics are absolutely abhorrent in special stages, some of the enemies are just damage sponges and the focus on combat can really kill the pacing, the boss fights are GOD AWFUL on top of being the same shit over and over, the pinball levels are cool concepts absolutely destroyed by the awful way they control, many stage elements are just used over and over to pad them out, you're REQUIRED to play as Team Dark to get the last story (don't get me wrong, I love them but everything wrong with the game is at its worst in their campaign)...
That's all I can think of right now.

Marine, she’d canonically make the most sense

>but on a scale of presentation, art direction, music & charm, it’s fucking SOUL.
What. Everyone looks like plastic.
Music is fine but nothing really stands out compared to other Sonic games

Vector

t. Sonic Team

youtu.be/yxEuKyTvXuM

Attached: 1627194268717.webm (600x728, 381.38K)

Speed or power?

Blaze - Speed
Silver - Fly
Power - Mephiles

Silver's telekinesis would actually translate pretty well to thundershoot.

Some kind of altered timeline Mephiles?

Didn't have Adventure vibes. I'd argue Shadow 06 had more Adventure vibes. How ever I do adore Heroes. I like the super cheesy-ness off it all and the game looks fucking so stylish

Oh Jesus, now some stupid line from that lets play is forever assoiated. God damn that memelord. Also fuck him for losing his accent

They grew up on the PS2 version
I did to and I oly emulate it on Dolhpin for replays now

Should be Cream since she was basically kicked out of Rose

Heroes is on PC

>Lets blast throught with Sonic Speed
>OK
>Alright, here I c-
God I fucking love the kick at 44 seconds

>I don’t care how you feel about Heroes gameplay
Yeah that describes the sonic fandom pretty well

>WEH WEH WEH WEH WEH!

Attached: Ascending_Flight.jpg (640x448, 138.1K)

If they made a Heroes 2, had a team of Fang, Bean and Bark, Sliver, Blaze and (who ever) and Mighty, Ray and Metal, what would theri game play be?

This is the only game I hate Tails in, the kid diffenitly was at that age where they loose their baby teeth

>Blaze
Speed
>Silver
Power
>Marine
Fly

She's so cute, bros.

Attached: b570b8e855882344ec6622b1e758ac8c.jpg (736x952, 78.14K)

>SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT SHIT!

Attached: 2597613868_999daf6fa6_m.jpg (240x230, 17.18K)

>SHIT! ROCK! VIENNA!
>TEXAS! TEXAS!

Knuckles, Rouge, and Shadow's VAs all showed improvment in this game and I'm sad they were dumped immediately for the next game. Vector's was real good too, and then of course they had to make him sound like god damned Pee Wee.

Only the kids like Charmy and Tails were bad. Cream was also kind of off. Like for the most part she was fairly soft spoken but then turn into a screaming goat. Vector during the 4Kids era was dark, he sounded like Bobcat Goldthwait

HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I CALLED YOU A SPASTIC?

Will the war between Heroesfags and Shadowfags ever end?

This is the first I'm hearing of any war. Neither of them are particularly good games. Though personally I think Shadow is worse than 06.

Yes, they're always arguing about which ones worse. And Heroesfags always try to suck up to Classicfags while Shadowfags always suck up to Adventurefags.

BEE BEE BEE
CHARMY BEE

The physics are janky, later levels are rather long for Sonic standards, and Chaotix level design is just plain bad (at least unfitting for Sonic levels).

Heroes was when the Sonic VAs were at their absolute peak. Everyone besides Tails and Charmy had perfect voices. Hell you can even make an argument for Charmy being perfect since he's supposed to be an annoying little shit. I'll never forgive Sega for depriving us of them and replacing them with the 4kids shitters. They should have just gotten Mike Pollack to replace Deen Bristow after his death and left the recasts at that.

Attached: 1488155813980.jpg (163x163, 21.38K)

Since the hedgehogs are always speed, Marine could be fly but Silver is helping her, she uses her only seen once in the Sonic Rush Adventure final cutscene laser attack instead of thundershoot.

Chaos.

>art direction
Not even that, all the enemies and characters look strictly worse than their Adventure 2 version, only the level design and themes "save" Haroes.

LETSGOHEREWEGOILLTAKETHELEAD

Attached: 3D360ACC-8A47-4D3D-86A9-70DB507E3582.jpg (828x609, 445.49K)

Adventure 2 was already moving away from interesting enemy design by having the majority of them be boring GUN robots and Eggman's badniks rarely appeared.