Play Terraria

Play Terraria

Attached: playing with v.webm (1308x720, 2.95M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QPy2siz480U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am.
It's fun.

name one (ONE) reason why I should play this instead of modded minecraft

It's fun

>auschwitz memorial's twitter follow bots disappearing

They're nothing alike.

1.4 made early game even more obnoxious than it already was.
>building one big house for all NPCs is a waste of time because you'll have to spread them all over the world later
>building the overworld houses early is useless because you don't have NPCs to put there yet or can't meet happiness quota
>stuck with lots of NPCs you have nowhere to put pre-hardmode so you either awkwardly manage them around or just sit in one building and deal with increased prices
>fucking pylon system is not even worth it because by the time you get that shit in order your character is already sanic fast and you can do teleports yourself

Attached: angry.jpg (392x466, 30.99K)

>PC in at the shop because somethins fucky and even i cant figure it out
>dig out my 7 year old HP pavillion toaster while they figure it out knowing they'll take there sweet fucking time figuring out which part is acting up
>figure hey this should be able to run tmod at least
>boot up my old pc thing fucking sounds and probably is a fire hazard by this point
>it can run it but it has that weird slowdown and lag spikes as if you where hosting a server.

im not gonna make it bros

Attached: 1463779399278.jpg (408x352, 21.03K)

Terraria is fun out of the box, for starters. Terraria has items that incrementally enhance the moment to moment gameplay, you start with a character that can only jump and jog and in a couple hours time you're finding and crafting items that let you double jump and grapple to walls. It's addictive because exploration is always rewarding.

Attached: 1627136446164.png (441x507, 346.28K)

>>building one big house for all NPCs is a waste of time because you'll have to spread them all over the world later
>>building the overworld houses early is useless because you don't have NPCs to put there yet or can't meet happiness quota
Shit, I haven't played in a couple updates, what's the story with this?

>Hardmode unlocks many neat things and vastly changes the game many new players may feel overwhelmed and take there time trying to understand it
>game proceeds to ruin this procedural learning experience of gearing,building and exploring at your own pace that pre-hardmode has and puts a stressful ever present annoyance on players in the form of corrupt speedup
>have to speedrun mech to plant or be prepared to spend hours cleaning up purple or red bullshit and that is if it hasn't fucked up your jungle biome or the V didn't literally destroy half of it

Attached: 1497908656077.jpg (640x640, 370.14K)

So tmod is updated now?

or just install no corruption spread mod and be done with it

im think not
in november, maybe

ok

Attached: 1620069342787.png (721x619, 831.86K)

Home...

Attached: home.png (2144x2272, 1.55M)

There is now happiness system that affects NPC prices and lets you place teleport pylons over the world.
Happiness is affected by NPC relationships(some like each other, some don't) and biome they are placed in, and having more than 4 NPCs in one place gives a penalty.
Pylons work like Diablo teleport points, you can only have one for each biome type and there's one you can place anywhere. To get one, you need to make "town" of at least 2(or 3, I don't remember) NPCs in a biome and have their happiness over a certain amount, then you can buy it from any merchant NPC in that town.
The best part of it is that there's basically no indication of all of this shit in the game and unless you just go for the wiki, good luck figuring out all that on your own.

Same update also had a torch incident, where placing normal torches in special biomes gave you negative luck so you had to use biome specific torches(jungle torches in jungle etc) for a luck bonus. It made people so mad that in next update he added a "Torch god" secret boss that allows you to automatically turn normal torches into biome specific ones on placement. They are still visually worse than normal ones.

Attached: pain escapes.jpg (719x405, 28.75K)

This sounds horrible, I loved making a single comfy town for my npcs, and them walking around made it feel alive. I hope there's a mod that overhauls or at least remove the system

>in next update
you also failed to mention that he removed negative torch luck entirely. i know youre biased, but come on now.

What minecraft mod makes it similar to terraria?

>mod
There is a base setting for it in journey mode, which unless you are playing with autists is what (You) should be playing, as it is just customized settings.
>can turn off spread
>can raise or lower spawn rates (lower is harder)
>can raise or lower enemy HP
>can set permanent time and weather, or control their cycles
>semi-creative mode option for builders that still makes you find everything
>option for greater mobility for those weirdos that hate starting out on a fresh character

Or just get over your autism.
Corruption spread is fucking nothing unless you just leave your game running 24/7 for like a year straight.

I'm playing Calamity revengeance right now. Meme mod but if you ignore the lore and turn off your brain for a bit, the boss fights are pretty fun. I'm enjoying it. Getting filtered hard by Plantera. I'm too lazy to build a huge arena so I'm just fighting it over and over in a moderately sized arena.

Alot of Calamity bosses just spawn some little floating clouds that damage you, so you have to avoid that, while Plantera also fucking throws some bouncy spike balls at you that jump all around the fucking arena

For jungles yes, but unless you start planting chlorophyte ore strategically around your map, basically everywhere else will get converted.
This means no more regular comfy underground, now you only get teleporting crystal aids caves or those caves with the really bad track.
If killing the WoF didn't scar your world with a V and you had to break altars to get a hallowed biome, I would agree with you, but no, it wipes out a huge portion of your map with ease.
Your NPC houses will also get invaded and killed by evil biomes making your gay pylons that you bothered to place instead of teleporters useless.

found an old map of mine
i had waaay to much time on my hands

Attached: YpqHjc2-2OC_v9HWh-wzdiyM1LulukRbaL9SJZH4c9lFuNI9l20cg7oD0vPxMtSvrof2d23II9Cv5s5mZAmAHxq8.jpg (1600x900, 121.94K)

ultra bloted game, 0 fun all grind ugly blocks etc etc

the penalty is a modest increase in prices from merchants that are affected. Doesn't increase nurse/tinkerer's prices for their services so unless you're going apeshit on the clentaminator you shouldn't really be affected.

That's a relief

on the flipside, if you bother with it you get pre-hard mode teleporters and a discount on ammo.

Tinkerer's reforge price is affected by happiness.

>triple checked wiki to make sure I wasn't spewing out my ass and I still misread it
fuck I'm tired, but you can just move him 100~ tiles underground and you're good.

Better combat

looks ugleh

Who asked

thats reminds me some map from cursed.com

no, minecraft is much, much better and a lot more fun than "build invincibility arena for every boss"

Attached: gregtech.png (3774x1883, 440.77K)

play journey with hard difficulty
u can incrrease spawn rate, dupe blocks and items, day time\etc. but mods still better

Attached: uresponsibleforthis.jpg (3518x1559, 1.1M)

wrong pic, lmao
dont care, anyway

Attached: dex3.jpg (480x360, 13K)

you can enabled the 1.4 alpha in steam and just play modded 1.4 that way

or just play the game as it is

these intrusive thoughts about "muh game world is corrupted" is just a symptom of mental illness

The gameplay is 100x better in every single way. Minecraft is only better for building, terraria is a better game in every single possible way except for building in which it just can't compete because of being 2d.

Where the fuck is renamon

>no cave areas explored
>not even gone down to hell
>no sky temples visited
you bring all your building materials in from another world or something?

In some ways Terraria is better for building too. Its much easier and faster to make a good looking house in Terraria than it is to make one in Minecraft.

Havent played since 1.4 came out but here is a bump and my terraria castle.

Attached: kurwa2.png (2785x1888, 3.72M)

quantity over quality: the game

I want to replay the game but I can't stand the base building aspect, what do?

It's different games.

nigga, just make a fucking square

The mod that quite literally turns it into Terraria
youtu.be/QPy2siz480U

Attached: FF29xNqXoAAXmVc.jpg (1244x750, 154.31K)

You make commie blocks for the NPCs and place all the crafting/enchanting/buff tables on grass right where your world's spawn point is

Waiting for tmodloader 1.4 :D

You don't have to mod it to have fun

I wish bros, I wish...

Attached: norarria.jpg (616x353, 52.3K)

Lmao what? I've 600+h on Terraria and haven't had a problem like this

REMEMBER THAT THE CONSTANT SEED IS THE BEST WAY TO PLAY TERRARIA, FULL OF SOUL

Attached: The Constant_ Don't Starve Together's Secret Seed - Terraria 0-5 screenshot.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

he could've joined the world with another char and just explored his buildings for the screenshot

Finally beat those fuckin twins

>no indication of all of this shit in the game
What are you talking about?
There's literally a "Happiness" button for each NPC that describes exactly what they like or dislike that is currently affecting them.

Thanks, now I have an erection.