When did you realize that Sekiro was the peak of FromSoft?

When did you realize that Sekiro was the peak of FromSoft?

Attached: Genichiro prologue.webm (852x480, 2.9M)

March 21st 2019

When it released

It's either Sekiro or Bloodborne. FromSoft repeating it's medieval settings with that shitty combat is aids.

dark souls 2 better

When I download butterfly and no death her.

zero replayability

it excels in everything else though. everything about the setting is peak

the levels aren't good

I bitched out and refunded it 3 years ago because I hated the gameplay, but Elden Ring put me in the mood to try again

Wish me luck, bros...

Attached: file.png (682x236, 198.89K)

The grappling turns me. Is it like Spider-Man?

Crazy that Elden ring put me in the mood to try dark souls 1 again. Just beat o&s but since I’m not looking at guides I feel like I missed a lot of bosses

too chinky

Not at all. You just press a button to grapple to specific nearby points.

I wish.

When I beat it. Elden Ring also made me appreciate it more, especially since that did the double final boss thing but significantly worse.
For the record I also loved BB

before I played Bloodborne

>2.3 hours
let me guess..

why does every sperg think a game needs replayability to be a good game?

Found most the basic enemy designs pretty boring but the combat was fun

Low IQs

I'm in the same fucking boat user. Mostly the dragonrot thing was the biggest annoyance.
>Oh, you want to practice against this miniboss
>How about we fuck with you and lock you out of sidequests
Just felt more malicious and manipulative than the typical slow ascent to being good I was used to. Like, I just fucking started an hour ago, at least let me get to know the npcs before you start using them as emotional blackmail.

>zero replayability
this is your brain on RPGs. If you truly enjoy a game then it has replayability.

Sekiro is the best looking fromsoft game, yes I realize that this is an objectively incorrect statement, no I will not be elaborating

Attached: 1650679441878.jpg (540x720, 53.59K)

the dragonrot shit was retarded but it is of literally 0 consequence

I know, but only found out after since the info at the time was more incomplete and I just never bothered going back.

but that's objectively correct?

Attached: Sekiro Cinegrid.jpg (4000x4055, 3.52M)

when I transitioned

This but unironically.

>emma gives a freebie
>shop near oniwa
>shop in abandoned dungeon
>all this without entering ashina castle
damn how many times did you die? these aren't hidden shops. dragon rot is not a problem.

I just uninstalled the game a few hours ago after getting to the Owl encounter and accidently triggering the bad ending where I have to fight Emma. I was already sort of losing interest but having to start over just to go down the good path again has completely killed all my drive to finish the game.

I understand. Maybe Horizon games are more your type. Bye.

I think its movement is the most smooth-looking and nice to look at desu. Compared Owl's to something like Gael's acrobatics for instance

gael's movements look so stupid

Not enough spooky shit

When it released, then I played an Armored Core game, and realized Shitiro could never compare.

You are objectively not wrong, only absolute eye candies like Irythill or Siofra can compare with the visual kinos in Sekiro.

When the fuck do you fight geniichiro on the bridge?

Objectively incorrect? How? Because of how many polygons the game is pushing compared to Elden Ring? I don't get it. The art direction is simply brilliant and I don't personally think that any other Fromsoft game even competes in this department. I don't mean to start a war here, but ER doesn't feel as aesthetically cohesive as Sekiro. It's just an amazing game to behold.

sekiro is shit, it was shit when it released and it's shit now, nothing will ever change that. r1 spam then l1 spam memorizing patterns. That's all it is. You're a dumbass retard for liking it so much. Fuck off and die.

Sekiro is peak FromSoft and Bloodborne is peak "soulslike". These facts are indisputable.

It was the big fat drunk guy with a million mobs around him. I literally alt-f4'd. I wasn't having fun.

This

Bloodborne > Dark Souls II > Sekiro > everything else

Attached: 1645150995013.png (661x623, 309.17K)

>Sekiro
That's a weird way to type Silent Line.
I can't wait for AC6 to come out and put all these soulsfag casuals in their place when they realize they have no clue what real difficulty is.

Attached: Infobox_Armored_Core_Silent_Line.jpg (766x1076, 240.12K)

Attached: you.jpg (632x402, 52.07K)

Came to post this.

Attached: Armored Core gameplay.webm (600x400, 2.87M)

game doesn't start until charmless
>but
then mod it

based

I'm not sure if shittier ZOE is exactly peak FromSoft.

kek, you were not supposed to go there at that point in the game just because you could

Bloodborne MOGs when it comes to art direction. It's not even close. So does Elden Ring btw.
Sekiro portrays a really generic feudal japan setting. That's boring. Even the Dark Souls games are more interesting than that.

Attached: bloodborne-hemwick-2.png (1600x900, 2.5M)

>he thinks souls is played because it's difficult, and not because you can be a cool knight exploring dungeons full of monsters

Attached: iu[1].jpg (1280x720, 38.96K)

It isn't.

Attached: 1638944851015.png (669x76, 37.67K)

I haven't played Bloodborne so I won't comment on it, you may very well be right. But I don't think the game looks boring or generic in any way, and I don't feel that it is inferior to anything that ER has to offer visually. Or Dark Souls for that matter.

If you didn't have to fight every single enemy like this, I'd agree. This kind of fight should be only for bosses and minibosses, but EVERY trash mob in the game gives you a fight like this and it's fucking tedious. I cheated myself stronger attacks just so I could make meaningful progress in a single sitting. I have a fucking job man I only have 3 days off a week for games. I don't want to spend an entire day playing this shit to kill one boss. It's not even hard, just slow as fuck.

you can't even use it in combat except for very few situations and even that gives you a tiny advantage, that's it. it's pretty lame utilization of an amazing tool. if you could freeaim it and parkour around levels or freely grab into bosses and try to go in it'd make it so much better.
oh wow R1 spam but you also do L1+R1 three times. truly amazing cinematic gameplay.

This look like the meme webms making fun of thw the "hype" combat just moving the camera like an idiot.

>mech game
>you fly around a drab grey environment looking for 1-100 microscopic enemies
>find them
>shoot them from a mile away
>they shoot you from a mile away
>boost away
>retarget them etc.
who seriously finds this engaging? i guess it's probably my fault because i dropped like 5 of these games after the third mission so I never got to the super hardcore missions where you do the same boring shit with 200-1000 enemies
thanks, this is exactly what i was picturing in my mind kek

>Literally never say this
>Only said soulsfag casuals
>Gets this defensive
Thanks for acknowledging you're casual I guess, might wanna get meds for that schizophrenia though.

>Silent Line
>ZoE
I think you're confusing it with 4 but you go off queen.

>14.88 GB
wtf fromsoft is based

Level design is shit, music is shit, the atmosphere is shit, there is so much repeated copy pasted content in such a short game, exploration is shit, there is no build variety so you will be spamming L1 to victory from start to end.

This. ER looks boring and nothing stands out other than those mother fucking ugly erd trees.

Good, stay in your shitter containment soulsbornes. You wouldn't be able to handle real difficulty anyway so we don't need you bitching on reddit how it's too hard and needs nerfing.

Attached: Zone of the Enders 2 gameplay.webm (640x480, 2.93M)

I don't think ER looks boring. I just don't think it captures the same visual qualities of Sekiro.

The fuck you talking about retard
Does ng+ make new enemy placements? Does it give new attacks to enemies/bosses? Does it make enemies faster/aggressive? Oh look all it does is rhat you get cheap damage without perfect block that you negate with restore hp on deathblow skill
>but muh endings
You can literally acquire all conditions for every ending except shura in a single walkthrough

>Unironically responding to flavor of the month chasing reddit casuals.
You didn't really meant to do this, right?

I'd agree if the stealth wasn't ridiculously overpowered. Use everything to your advantage. Use guerilla hit and run tactics if you have to
Anything to be the victor. The fact that you didn't bother with it means you didn't want to play the game to begin with
>slow as fuck
With perfect play and buff usage, the final boss shouldn't take more than 2 minutes to beat on base difficulty

Attached: 1593081322477.png (1280x720, 371.25K)

i'm going to pirate it and i can promise you that if it sucks you will be reading every one of my shitposts

>i'm going to pirate it
Lmao, you're so casual you wont' even get past the tutorial.

Because Sekiro has a tone even if it's not as exagerated and distinct as Bloodborne. ER is just a mesh of things in a medieval kinda gray setting.

Not a single one of you motherfuckers could S rank Occupation of Arteria Carpals on hard mode.

And what does a game by la creatividad have anything to do with another game by assets from my latest software?

>I need remixed everything for NG+!
it's cool when a game had that stuff but do you really NEED it to replay a game you already enjoyed in the first place?

>elitists lash out as soon as someone belittles them
the stench of insecurity is telling boys

Attached: 1636413276277.gif (300x300, 838.2K)

It's pretty boring. In Sekiro you fight what, human soldiers and ninjas next to pagodas and baboo trees. That's too close to home and I have seen that a million times before. Compare that to Caelid which just looks so otherworldly with its dogs and birds that have oversized heads and the sky that's red like blood but at the same time it is so well polished that you can virtually smell the stench of the swamp and overgrown mushrooms. Nothing like that in Sekiro.

I beat it for the second time yesterday after 2 years. Felt A LOT easier this time around, I died maybe 20 times in total, 10 of those on Prime Owl. Game is much easier the second time around (or at least in 60 fps)

That first clang of my blade against the enemy's blade. Deathblows sealed it for me.

Attached: 53b.gif (499x281, 1.72M)

I wish stealth wasn't an afterthought
I wish level design made biggger emphasis on stealth
I wish there wasn't retarded currency/exp loss on death
I wish there was shura mode
I wish prosthetics and combat arts were balanced better
I wish grapple hook was utilised better

i look forward to it user

The problem is that Imperial Japan is an immeasurably boring setting compared to Victorian England in terms of aesthetics.

is this not the first boss in the game? because i'm almost fucking certain it is. post vic viper or anubis you faggot

That's your own opinion and you're entitled to it. Sekiro to me is just incredibly cohesive and delivers bold visuals with its own take on oriental aesthetic and the fantastical.

>describing Caelid as polished even if it's just the art design
Eldenfags really think shit with different color filters taste different lol

Attached: jazz.jpg (800x450, 69.79K)

Defend this enemy.

Attached: zvnQoDLDkvaJzCrH5YvfWU.jpg (1920x1080, 270.91K)

>I wish stealth wasn't an afterthought
It wasn't
>I wish level design made biggger emphasis on stealth
It does, learn to use candy to get past patrols and learn to use ceramic and whistle
>I wish there wasn't retarded currency/exp loss on death
Buy coin bags, and it's less punishing on XP than dark souls seeing how you don't lose ALL xp
>I wish there was shura mode
Whatever
>I wish prosthetics and combat arts were balanced better
Moot point, there's so many of them and all have their purpose, if you feel they're too strong don't use them? that's like bitching MGS is piss easy with the stun gun
>I wish grapple hook was utilised better
i felt that it was utilised well

Some of us like longevity with our expensive products

Why the fuck they put lady butterfly as the first boss? This fight is so long and grueling without much of mix ups.
Horse guy is such a push over in comparison with her.

You have to be super aggressive and use confetti

It's really not if you use a specific tone and design them around different ideas in mind. I love both games above all souls games btw.

Entirely optional with meh rewards considering you drown in sugars

ok
>seems difficult at first
>later on you are good enough at the game you can fight two of them at once underwater
ludokino, plebs wouldn't understand

>It wasn't
Yes it was.
>use candy
>dude use an invisibility item to run past enemies
Great level design bro

> I can never play a game more than once unless it adds different stuff
Holy shit what a fucking ADHD riddled zoomer

Lady Butterfly is an optional boss. Oniwa is the first boss.

bro are you seriously defending the stealth in sekiro? have you never played a stealth game?

You can't run past enemies with candy, you can sneak by them, which you'd know if you'd bothered to learn how to play the game.

All you have to do is to press l1 and jump, CJ

Yeah these are valid critiques
I don't want a Shura mode, but it could be fun
>I wish level design made biggger emphasis on stealth
I think most of them were desu. The game expects you to use hit and run tactics, Fistful of Ashes and Ceramic shards to get around your enemies
>I wish prosthetics and combat arts were balanced better
Said it before, I'll say it again:
Combat arts using spirit emblems is fine. Prosthetics should have used a separate ammo system of sorts. The prosthetic upgrade system has too many filler upgrades and should have removed a lot of them

Attached: 1596058318837.jpg (1000x700, 164.89K)

>You can't run past enemies with candy, you can sneak by them, which you'd know if you'd bothered to learn how to play the game.
>nuh huh it makes you 90% invisible THEREFORE it doesn't allow you run past enemies
Fuck off retard.

I can't be the only one who felt like the stealth was incredibly tacked on. I wasn't expecting Thief or Splinter Cell but come on.

Attached: Sekiro stealth.webm (853x480, 2.93M)