FFXIV - CHECKPOINTS

Now that Ultimate is dead, what's next?

Attached: 1650993064632m.jpg (1024x576, 84.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

streamable.com/6n89l0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Not sure, ask

Cope nigger

Collab with FFXI and FFO

>Collab with FFXI
literally this week

>FFXI
Literally this week for XI's 20th anniversary
>FFO
God please I need to show Jack I respect his strength

>>FFXI
>this week
Uhh is it out already? Can I access it on Free trial?

Starts tomorrow at 4 AM EST, lasts for 20 days
You can access it on the free trial, it's a very low level quest. Rewards the Amatsu set

Attached: 1650853948153.png (576x1024, 868.54K)

I don't do ultimates but why are checkpoints a bad thing? Why is everyone comaplaining

How many checkpoints are there. Did someone actually clear it kek

there is only 1 checkpoint in the beginning and the first phase isnt even where the real fight begins, people are still wiping to thordan and nidhogg, and we havent seen phase 4 or 5

Nobody has pased Estinihogg yet, meaning they at least have Super Dragon Bros and God Emperor Thordan to go, assuming there isn't more we don't know of.

What's the ETA for 6.15? A month?

ah im getting shitposted then, Honestly if it is as long as alexander after the checkpoint if not longer then I dont see the problem

>not the real ending cutscene

Lie more, faggot.

2 more weeks

streamable.com/6n89l0

this is a datamined cutscene, the ffxiv twitter would tweet if someone cleared.

>Naked guy
I believe you

I don't understand Reaper lore. Explain it to me, what IS the Avatar?

I'm like 70% sure the checkpoint only exists so YoshiP can keep to his "ultimates are only 20 minutes long" shit despite it actually being longer.
>Well, everything after the checkpoint is 20 minutes, and since that's what you'd have to repeat on failing, that's close enough.
Or something similar.

Attached: 1625623401157.png (572x401, 436.32K)

has the ultimate even been cleared yet?

>when your party is transported back to the first phase and you can see yourselves trying to burn down Charibert in the background
KIIIIIIIIIINOO

Attached: content.png (1585x1527, 103.85K)

voidsent

that's it, that's the lore

>datamined
nice cutscene anyways

A voidsent.

>those daggers
all the weapons are ugly, but it's the first I never want to spend a totem on my main

Attached: 1560137138994.png (1080x1080, 999.18K)

Didn't the English VA die? Fuck

So you just summon one and become its buddy? That's kind of comfy.

The Avatar is a Voidsent you've made a contract with. You get to use a portion of it's power, and in exchange, it gets to come to the Source and maybe feed on a few people here and there. But not yours, because yours is a good boi.

It's supposed to be a voidsent you make a contract with, but that never happens for you because the questline is bullshit. You just get the crystal and the voidsent is already preloaded into it.

you form a contract with one and by form a contract i mean you put on the soulstone and that's it

>Summon
No, it's kind of just there.

stop skipping cutscenes

>become its buddy?
Depends totally on the Reaper. Reaper's job storyline revolves around Orcus, who killed and possessed his contract partner after a manic downturn, and Drusilla can't really RPR anymore because her voidsent was killed and I guess she's too lazy or just plain unable to contract with another voidsent.

Your own voidsent is totally unimportant and they don't talk about it or your relationship with it at all.

Imagine being some random Voidsent watching the Cloud of Darkness, Ferdiad, Scathach, etc. get bodied by the Warrior of Light and suddenly they show up in front of you and ask if you want to be their partner.

>the real canon story content only allowed for sweaty tryhard toxic raiders
Loresisters, MSQsisters... We've been betrayed...

Attached: 1518601293296.png (882x758, 16.37K)

what the fuck are you talking about retard

If you're on Reaper, Y'shtola can note that your contract is the exception that proves the rule on it being a bad idea in general, but that's really as much as the story has really acknowledged that you do in fact have one and it's not just a gameplay conceit.

They should just go ahead and give new jobs more than 10 levels of story quests so they don't have to rush this kind of thing, but whatever.

They should have focused the RPR storyline on you and your voidsent instead of the Garlean grandma's revenge arc.

ex, savage, and ultimates are all made up by a storyteller (or simulations) or some other handwaving bullshit

none of them, and do mean not a single one of them, is canon

>sweaty
>tryhard
>toxic
nothing, literally nothing about ffxiv's content is difficult. None of it. You don't have to try hard or get sweaty with any of it

I wouldn't have minded more story for Reaper, they desperately need more information on what a Reaper IS instead of what a Reaper DOES.

What do you think of mtqcapture's body of work?

Attached: miz391.jpg (797x1071, 176.71K)

>stop skipping ant-sized text-spam with 180 degree pivots and unaligned emote spam
Not skipping cutscenes is the most difficult challenge in this game.

Attached: 1557250096201.png (625x573, 380.54K)

>real canon story
I wish, not since coil, now all the good raids are fucking drug dreams

Attached: 1644008426759.jpg (1767x1886, 271.82K)

>ant-sized
skill issue

What the fuck are you talking about? Alexander and Omega are both canon.

Simps not simping as much?

user...literally all the raids outside of Nier is canon

>complaining about not knowing something
>wont exercise having a better attention span than a gnat to know the thing
Neck yourself post haste.

He obviously meant EX / SAV.

Didn't six arena's get datamined?

>Be voidsent
>Reapers are a thing to piggyback out of the 13th
>Big dick WoL became a Reaper oh shit
>Doesn't have a voidsent though
>Awkwardly shuffle into place beside him
>Don't say a thing
>He just accepts it
>Mfw

Attached: Okay.jpg (470x254, 38.18K)

how dare you speak to me

there arent any story beats that are different in savage coils.

not only a retard, and not just a blind retard, but a blind retard with ADHD. medical doctors used to refer to your kind as the triple retard

Sounds wholesome.

>1 day
>not even 30% of the fight done
can this last 5 days?

Maybe he was already friends with one of the WoL's headmates.

Attached: inside.jpg (3414x2888, 1.48M)

if there really is 6 of them i wouldn't be surprised if we do go back in time and save haurchefant like people have been speculating, either way this is probably my favorite fanfic fight so far.

Must be why casuls keep crying about never seeing neo exdeath, god kefka, omega, gaia etc

>not even 30%
getting halfway through Estihogg is less than 30% of the fight?

You get to fight Exdeath and Kefka's real final boss forms instead of the Dissidia models

there are 3 more arenas in the datamining so... yeah

those don't change the story beats though user, try to keep up

TPS already killed tho sweaty :)

Any good streamer that plays Warrior for DSR?

Someone said there is 6 arenas.
I was thinking
1-2-3 is the "What actually happened fights." As so far the bosses have been
4-5-6 is the "what if" scenarios where we get thrown back to the start.
Where we fight Knights of the Round, Hrae and Nidhogg and then the combination.

Xenos

Xeno
>'good'
he plays a warrior that's the best i can do

>good streamer
no
>that plays warrior
soulless baldy

Attached: file.png (1081x210, 218.73K)

Attached: 1650995289152.png (936x583, 1.02M)

If you do 6.1 MSQ with reaper, Y'shtola will explain the what type of voidsent yours is.

why the FUCK does he lock his past broadcasts behind a paywall? I thought only the twitch thots did that?